Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

September 1st. 2010 The Dawn of a New Day

Phoenix

Thank you, Joe P it is my hope also that Iraq is blessed by peace, joy and all the best. Never doubt that Americans love our homeland an example of this are many Patriots on this site!

God Bless America and God Bless Iraq, the young Democracy that we helped deliver into FREEDOM! :tiphat:

And Veterans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, That was nice, but now let get back to reality. Iraq is about to go through hell. Once the troops are out of there you are going to see blood shed across the land. The Iraqi army is not ready, the police force is a joke, there is no government. The people are tired of all the hardship that has been brought upon them. The country is in the toilet and if you think all this will be corrected by the end of the year you are wrong. If and when there is a RV, guess what, we are not the only ones who hold massive amounts of Dinar. The insurgents will use this opportunity to buy more government officials, more police officers and more weapons. I don't see anything changing for several years over there. I don't have a secret source, I don't know any high up officials, and I don't have any contacts in Iraq. But I can read the news articles and understand just how bad it is over there. Please don't get me wrong, I just have not seen anything that to contradict my thoughts. I also know that this is not what people want to hear, but hey show me different, PLEASE!!!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Iraq: The awakening of an economic giant

Financial Times / ME - September 15 2010 @ 17:34 PM

President Barack Obama officially declared the end of US combat operations in Iraq on August 31, but the news from the country continues to be dominated by the ongoing political turmoil and violence. Iraq clearly remains a volatile country and is likely to be so for years to come. What is less obvious, however, is that beneath the unsettled surface, Iraq is an economic giant, slowly but surely awakening after a 30-year slumber.

The first stirring of economic life began last year, when 12 new contracts were awarded to international oil companies to increase production in 10 of Iraq’s grossly under-exploited oil fields.

Iraq’s oil reserves are the fourth largest in the world, after Saudi Arabia, Venezuela and Iran, but production today is barely 2.5m barrels a day, making Iraq at best a middle-weight on the international stage. The new contracts should bring a substantial stream of investment in the country’s neglected oil infrastructure, allowing production to rise to more than 10 mb/d by 2020 (the government’s own target is 12 mb/d by 2016).

This would make Iraq one of the world’s biggest oil suppliers, with only Saudi Arabia and Russia capable of producing more. At today’s prices, Iraq’s oil revenues would rise to about $280bn a year, almost $10,000 for every man, woman and child, compared with the $70bn or so which it manages currently.

Oil wealth is, of course, not always a blessing for a nation, and Iraq’s recent past is testimony to this. But the coming windfall has the potential, if properly managed, to transform Iraq into one of the wealthiest countries in the region and a heavy-weight on the international oil stage. Indeed, we calculate that by the end of the decade, the increase in oil production could quadruple gross domestic product per capita and leave Iraq with financial reserves in excess of $350bn, putting it on par with Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and the UAE today. Iraq, currently borrowing from the International Monetary Fund to make ends meet, could become one of the world’s main exporters of capital.

Altruism aside, the benefits to the rest of the world of a resurgent Iraq are also great. A new and reliable source of oil is welcome to importing countries. Reconstruction presents massive opportunities, particularly for the regional construction and related sectors. A prosperous and open Iraqi economy, with its 30m-plus citizens, is a sizeable new market for goods and services offered by global and regional businesses.

However, there are a number of formidable obstacles and challenges. First is security. Current levels of violence are unlikely to hinder significantly plans to increase oil production as most of the big fields lie in the relatively stable Shia south. But for the oil windfall to benefit the wider economy, improved national security is a must.

The second obstacle is domestic politics. A new oil law in the pipeline raises uncertainties regarding the legal and regulatory environment for the industry. Moreover, political instability, incompetence and inertia are also threats to the delivery of crucial infrastructure to the oil industry, such as roads, electricity and water, without which international oil companies are unlikely to be able to deliver on the planned production rise.

Finally comes economic policy and governance. For the wider economy and population to benefit from the country’s prospective wealth, economic policy must address the big issues of poverty, particularly in rural areas, health, education and more. Corruption must also be weeded out. So far, the authorities have done pretty well in stabilising the war-battered economy, and have made significant steps towards improving transparency and accountability. But this has been achieved with the guiding hand of the IMF and other organisations. It is unclear how governance and policy will fare when Iraq goes it alone.

Will Iraq overcome these obstacles and realise its full economic potential? The uncertainty is great. But then again, so is the opportunity. We remain hopeful that once a new government is in place, Iraq will then resume its awakening as an economic giant.

- Farouk Soussa is Citigroup’s chief economist for the Middle East

http://www.ft.com/cm...144feab49a.html

Read more:

• Upvote 2

The True Future of Babylon

The world in 2004 is focused on Iraq. We watch the news and hear

about the wars that are going on and how Iraq is rebuilding after

the overthrow of their dictator Saddam Hussain. Many of us are so

busy with our lives that we don't stop to think about how

important Iraq is to biblical prophecy. Most of us know that

Iraq is the location of the Garden of Eden. Babylon (which is

now part of modern day Iraq) was the beginning of civilization

with the building of the Tower of Babel immediately after the

flood of Noah's day. Also, Abraham came from the Land of Ur

(later Mesopotamia and now Iraq) as did many other biblical men

and women.

It is my belief that since the world began in Iraq -- and the

world has now come full circle back to Iraq -- the timing for the

rapture is less than a few years away. Of course I do not claim

to know the month or year. Not even the angels in heaven know

that information -- only God the Father. However, Jesus does

tell us we can recognize the "season" of His return and I

personally believe it is very, very close.

One of my reasons for forming this opinion is recognizing God's

timing as always being perfect. After years of studying the

Bible, over and over again I see examples of how God takes

circumstances (that appear to be "puzzle pieces" to us) and He

puts everything in precise order with meticulous organization.

Since God's symbol is a circle (man's is a square), the world has

come full-circle from it's beginning in Iraq to the present day

Iraq.

Thanks for the post Phoenix

• Upvote 3

The True Future of Babylon

The world in 2004 is focused on Iraq. We watch the news and hear

about the wars that are going on and how Iraq is rebuilding after

the overthrow of their dictator Saddam Hussain. Many of us are so

busy with our lives that we don't stop to think about how

important Iraq is to biblical prophecy. Most of us know that

Iraq is the location of the Garden of Eden. Babylon (which is

now part of modern day Iraq) was the beginning of civilization

with the building of the Tower of Babel immediately after the

flood of Noah's day. Also, Abraham came from the Land of Ur

(later Mesopotamia and now Iraq) as did many other biblical men

and women.

It is my belief that since the world began in Iraq -- and the

world has now come full circle back to Iraq -- the timing for the

rapture is less than a few years away. Of course I do not claim

to know the month or year. Not even the angels in heaven know

that information -- only God the Father. However, Jesus does

tell us we can recognize the "season" of His return and I

personally believe it is very, very close.

One of my reasons for forming this opinion is recognizing God's

timing as always being perfect. After years of studying the

Bible, over and over again I see examples of how God takes

circumstances (that appear to be "puzzle pieces" to us) and He

puts everything in precise order with meticulous organization.

Since God's symbol is a circle (man's is a square), the world has

come full-circle from it's beginning in Iraq to the present day

Iraq.

Thanks for the post Phoenix

Thank you sooo much for this post!! All one has to do is read the Bible to see Iraq's past, present and future!! What a fantastic time to live!! We are watching Bible Prophecy unfold before our eyes!! We are so privileged to live "in such a time as this" and not only see God's Master Plan unfold, but to look forward to the very soon catching away of the Church!! COME LORD JESUS!!!! In the meantime, the Church is being blessed in order to bless others , which is what we will be able to do in greater measure when we have the finances at our disposal!!

A New Dawn ... a New Day.

dawn+of+a+new+day.jpg

As of Wednesday September 1st Operation New Dawn begins in Iraq.

We celebrate the launch of the last and final phase for the United States military in Iraq and with great hope and expectation we pray to see great things for the nation of Iraq and it's people.

For years the specter of war and blood shed has haunted the nation of Iraq bringing pain, suffering and sorrow but through unwavering perseverance in the face of all odds, victory and freedom has appeared from beneath the ruble of warfare and now stands tall to face the bright light of a new day.

The New Dawn brings hope and opportunity to the people of Iraq and hope and stability to the region.

The New Dawn brings the light of hope to illuminate the darkness allowing the seeds of tomorrows great nation to sprout...taking root in the soil well tilled by a multitude of hands...from a multitude of nations for the welfare of all.

This Dawning of the New Day brings with it change and hope for the peoples of Iraq and the world will witness the birth of a New Government, a New Budget, and a New Economy.

The Sleeping Giant has awoken....awoken to the light of the New Day....and the world will witness the rebirth of Babylon and her mighty towers shall stretch to the sky and all the world will be amazed as the great wealth once hidden....is seen sparkling as new gold in the bright clear light of the new day.

As has been said from days of old...

"It is always darkest right before the dawn" and right now it is evident that this saying has never been more true.

In the darkness before this great new dawn of this great new day confusion is rampant ... shadows ...dark images...sounds in the night and howls of creatures unseen ... chaos some would say.

But know full well the new dawn is about to break and as the light of the New Day begins to flow the darkness will flee and the truth will be made evident and jubilation will abound as all marvel at the birth of this great nation of Babylon rising like a mighty tower to take it's rightful place as the Queen of the Nations at whom all will marvel as the merchants of the earth rush to her and the peoples of the earth will drink deep of her riches.

All hail Babylon and may all whom drink from her cup prosper now and forever.

September 1st 2010...the New Dawn....of the New Day.

Phoenix

http://articlesofinterest-kelley.blogspot.com/2010/08/new-dawn-new-day-wednesday-september.html

I appreciate the the time, effort & thought process.... My regards to you & best wishes post RV...

Thank you sooo much for this post!! All one has to do is read the Bible to see Iraq's past, present and future!! What a fantastic time to live!! We are watching Bible Prophecy unfold before our eyes!! We are so privileged to live "in such a time as this" and not only see God's Master Plan unfold, but to look forward to the very soon catching away of the Church!! COME LORD JESUS!!!! In the meantime, the Church is being blessed in order to bless others , which is what we will be able to do in greater measure when we have the finances at our disposal!!

And which church is that? Because they all teach different things. Some teach that God is a Triune godhead. Others teach that only God is one and is not part of a trinity. Some teach hellfire, others see it as it is not compatible with God's love.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1