Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kurdistan Security Worsens. Iraq Economy Near Collapse.

Luigi1

Here are some articles from around Dinarland...

Iran-ISIS continues to meddle in the Kurdistan region.

Iraq encouraged to create conditions possible to move to a more flexible ER policy.

Iraq economy is at a critical crossroad.

Treat as rumors.  Not verified.  Your opine.

ARTICLE:  President Barzani & Al-Kazemi Discuss Security Challenges & The Iraqi Political Process.

President Masoud Barzani & Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi discussed in Erbil on Monday the most prominent security challenges facing Iraq & the Kurdistan Region, as well as the future of the political process in Iraq.

This comes as part of a visit by Al-Kazemi to the Kurdistan Region to discuss a number of political issues & issues in Iraq & the region with Kurdish leaders in the region.  During the meeting, they exchanged views on the political situation in the country & the latest developments in the Iraqi political process, stressing the importance of the political parties’ adoption of dialogue & understanding as a way to resolve issues.  In another aspect of the meeting, security challenges &d joint coordination between Erbil & Baghdad were discussed, especially the issue of combating terrorism & ensuring stability.  

Kaperoin:

ARTICLE:  As the IMF stated, from the Article IV Consultation of 2013 with Iraq.

They encourage Iraq to create the conditions which would make it possible to move to a more flexible exchange rate policy.  Such flexibility could allow a predictable & gradual appreciation of the nominal exchange rate.

BLC:

ARTICLE:  The Cycle Of Conflicts Is Plunging Iraq’s Economy:

The Collapse Of Infrastructure And The Rise In Poverty To 30%.  Conflicts have contributed to the destruction & the  displacement of millions of Iraqis.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

here's another article related to the above...

ARTICLE:  Al-Kazemi, Al-Sadr Has The Right To Form A Government, But He Missed The Opportunity.

The Iraqi Prime Minister, Mustafa Al-Kazemi, stated that the country was on the brink of civil war, following the bloody confrontations in the fortified Green Zone in the center of the capital, Baghdad, between supporters of the Sadrist movement on the one hand, and the security forces and armed factions on the other, but he stressed that Al-Sadr has the right to form the next federal government. However, he made a mistake and missed the opportunity after his bloc withdrew from Parliament and the political process.

This came in an interview conducted by French journalist and writer Georges Malbrunot, chief editor of the French newspaper "Le Figaro", with Al-Kazemi.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

OK...here's Luigi's take on all this...where am I going wrong?

We can forget about the RV-RI if Iraq breaks up into 3 republics.

We can forget about it if outside investors fail to invest in Iraq.

There cannot be prosperity without government & economic laws passed.

Nobody has been able to get a handle on Iraq corruption.

Iraq is still without enough electricity. 

Iraq PUC paid enough over the decades to provide enough power to power the world.

PUC has stolen all the monies allocated to build more electrical generating power plants.

Likewise, monies to build more schools & hospitals has all but vanished.

Even if all these issues are resolved...it may take years or decades before RV.

• Sad 1
  • Pow! 1

yet they have billions and wont more, i smell weasles in the chicken house, many ! crooks every where like the deep state here ! yes there in many countries, pure evil and greed! and control ! they have to be taken out like our own country !  there day is coming !  oh yes! PRAISE ABBA FATHER !

• Upvote 3
  • Pow! 1

So…basically… I should stop looking to see what is going on with this whole thing, and wait til I get an email from Adam. If I am still alive. Or for that matter any of us. Maybe after this week I need a hiatus. Anyone know where the others have gone? Like the Thug. I remember Southwest Florida Guy and many others that have actually passed away. Where is Sandfly? Heck!..it would be nice to hear from Adam once a quarter. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, cjdavid said:

So…basically… I should stop looking to see what is going on with this whole thing, and wait til I get an email from Adam. If I am still alive. Or for that matter any of us. Maybe after this week I need a hiatus. Anyone know where the others have gone? Like the Thug. I remember Southwest Florida Guy and many others that have actually passed away. Where is Sandfly? Heck!..it would be nice to hear from Adam once a quarter. 

Yup.  That's your best bet.

The lying Gurus tell us every day everything is done.

Everything is not done.

One Guru even stated it already RVed.  

Iraqis have been paid on their Q cards in the US.

Some US states have notified Dinarians to exchange.

All untrue.  If some states RV, all will RV at the same time.

Iraq has serious issues to resolve.

Iraq is not ready to RV at this time.  IMHO.

• Upvote 2