Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Joni Mitchell - All I Want

umbertino

Jazz pianist Keith Jarrett rec'd a beautiful rendition of this one......

One of the best ( if not the best) female voices in modern music...Heaven-like imo

Another fantastic female vocalist is / used to be Joan Baez....jmho

From masterpiece album "Blue" 1971

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joni_Mitchell

Beautiful imo

About this song:

A youtube poster wrote:

She wrote this about Graham Nash from CSNY. They had an intense love affair from 1969-71. He asked her to marry him, but she thought of her grandmothers who wanted to be artists - but married and squashed down that ambition instead - and so she broke up with him. She ran away to Greece and sent him a letter ending with "If you try to hold sand too tightly, it slips through your fingers"

As I once wrote on youtube comments....For us Europeans California used to be a myth in the 70's and I guess 80's as well...Visited a few times while bumming around the States in my younger years mostly by Greyhound ( best way to see America and meet people in the 70's...and in that period I was hooked to Kerouac books ...."On the road" etc)...Loved it.....

Joni Mitchell’s Blue: my favourite song – by James Taylor, Carole King, Graham Nash, David Crosby and more

As the legendary album turns 50, the musicians it inspired – and those who inspired it – tell us which track means the most to them and why

Interviews by Dave Simpson