Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

In the document.. Al-Samarrai challenges the decision to accept the resignation of the Minister of Finance

yota691

He runs 5 government institutions.. Deputy reveals minister in current government

Posted 11 seconds ago

News Source / Mawazine News
151882022__112179901_hi061359554.jpg

Baghdad - Mawazine News
, a member of the House of Representatives, Mustafa Sanad, commented
, Thursday, on granting Oil Minister Ihsan Abdul-Jabbar new powers after
assigning him the acting administration of the Ministry of Finance. Sanad prime minister first commissioned Abdul Jabbar to run the acting finance ministry after

said in a Facebook post, which was followed by Mawazine News, that "five positions for one person in Al-Kazemi's government." He added, "The Minister of Oil, Ihsan Abdul-Jabbar, has become the head of the Ministerial Council for the Economy (a mini-cabinet whose mission is to issue decisions and approve recommendations related to financial matters, projects, transfers, adding the component and spending outside the powers of the Ministry of Finance) and the head of the Ministerial Council for Energy (a mini-cabinet whose mission is to issue decisions and approve recommendations ). related to oil, gas and electricity) Chairman of the National Oil Company , Minister of Finance and Minister of Oil. was

7:45

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

Politician criticizes oil minister's mandate to manage finances: he will manage it with an "importer" mentality

2022-08-18 | 04:29
Politician criticizes oil minister's mandate to manage finances: he will manage it with an "importer" mentality

Politician Hassan al-Janabi on Thursday criticized the appointment of Oil Minister Ihsan Abdul Jabbar to run the Ministry of Finance to succeed resigned Minister Ali Allawi.

Al-Janabi said in a tweet followed by Al-Sumaria News, that "the appointment of the Minister of Oil, Acting Minister of Finance reminds me of the appointment of Minister of Culture Saadoun Al-Dulaimi as Minister of Defense and Agency in the period of Maliki, then he said that he will lead defense with a culture mentality just as he led culture with a defense mentality!"

"We expect to lead finance with an oil and gas (importer) mentality."

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Abdul Jabbar after officially assuming the Ministry of Finance: Ali Allawi was the second person in the government

Posted 6 seconds ago

News Source /Mawazine News
131882022_29302554610e5dede73ddb5e511de5

Baghdad – Mawazine News

The Ministry of Finance announced, Thursday, the start of Oil Minister Ihsan Abdul Jabbar, today, in addition to his duties as Acting Minister of Finance.

According to the ministry’s statement, Mawazine News received a copy of it. The Minister was received by the Undersecretary of the Ministry, Taif Sami, and a number of general managers. The Minister met with the advanced cadre in the Ministry and discussed with them a number of work-related issues. The Minister
praised the importance of proceeding with the project. The economic reform initiated by Dr. Ali Allawi and the need to proceed with it and advance the role of the ministry as it is one of the pillars of the Iraqi state, which is responsible for drawing up the state's public financial policy.
Abdul-Jabbar explained that Ali Allawi was the second person in the Iraqi government, and he was trusted, supported by the Prime Minister, and respected the scientific and historical position he occupies, as well as the intellectual and strategic additions that he represented through his participation in cabinet meetings and the deep economic thought that he was trying to include in the government's directions. and its decisions.
The Undersecretary of the Ministry, Taif Sami, and the general managers extended their thanks and appreciation to the Minister, wishing him continued success and payment in completing the work entrusted to him in order to move forward for the purpose of completing the road map for economic and financial reform. Ended 29/R77
/29

• Thanks 2

An “important” statement from the Ministry of Finance, after news of the resigned minister’s signing of the sale of state real estate

Baghdad - people   

The Iraqi Ministry of Finance issued a clarification, Thursday, after news that the resigned Minister Ali Abdul Amir Allawi had signed the sale of state real estate.  

A statement by the ministry, received by “Nass” (August 18, 2022), stated that it “denies the validity of the information circulated in some media and social media platforms, regarding the resigned Minister of Finance, Dr. Ali Abdel Amir Allawi, who recently signed a set of books related to authentication issues.” The sale of state real estate and the inclusion of projects related to the public debt.  

In this regard, the ministry affirms, according to the statement, that "the launching of such allegations at this particular time has malicious connotations and aims, aimed at undermining the reputation, professionalism and integrity of Minister Allawi, with well-known political dimensions."  

The ministry stresses that "Minister Allawi, throughout the period of assuming his duties at the head of the ministry, is keen to complete his entire daily mail without significant delay and without delay, despite the intersection of his daily agenda with many meetings, visits, periodic meetings and others."  

The ministry also reserves its "right to prosecute the perpetrators and promoters of these allegations, and calls on all media outlets not to be drawn into these lies and allegations that are intended to mix papers and stir up public opinion, especially in such political conditions that our dear country is going through."

• Time: 08/18/2022 16:47:18
  •  
  • Reading: 936 times
The Minister of Oil assumes his duties as Acting Minister of Finance

{Local: Al Furat News} Oil Minister Ihsan Abdul-Jabbar began, on Thursday, in addition to his duties as acting Minister of Finance.

He was received by Taif Sami, Undersecretary of the Ministry and a number of general managers, according to a statement issued by the office of Minister Abdul-Jabbar.

The statement stated that "the minister praised the importance of proceeding with the economic reform project initiated by resigned Finance Minister Ali Allawi and the need to proceed with it and to advance the role of the ministry as it is one of the pillars of the Iraqi state, which is responsible for drawing up the state's public financial policy."

Abdul-Jabbar explained that "Ali Allawi was the second person in the Iraqi government, and he is trusted and supported by the Prime Minister and its respect for the scientific and historical position he occupies, as well as for the intellectual and strategic additions that he represented through his participation in cabinet meetings and the deep economic thought that he was trying to Include it in the directions and decisions of the government.

On Tuesday, Finance Minister Ali Allawi submitted his resignation from his position during the cabinet session

It is noteworthy that the Undersecretary of the Ministry of Finance, Taif Sami, apologized for taking the position of Minister of Finance.

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

A parliamentary committee reveals the extent to which the Food Security Law was affected by the resignation of Finance Minister Ali Allawi

Posted 7 seconds ago

news source /Mawazine News
121982022_1650541728378-810x539.jpg

political
|  
03:45 – 19/08/2022

Special - Mawazine
News , the Parliamentary Finance
Committee responded
, on Friday, to questions regarding the impact of the implementation of the provisions of the emergency food security law with the
resignation of Finance Minister Ali Abdel Amir Allawi.
Committee member
Jamal Cougar said in an exclusive interview with Mawazine News Agency, that the resignation of Finance Minister Ali Allawi
will never be affected by the implementation of the provisions of the Food Security support Law, attributing the reason to the fact that Prime
Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi appointed an acting minister immediately after Allawi’s resignation, as it did not happen.
any void.

He added, that appointing
the Minister of Oil with other tasks, such as managing the Ministry of Finance, is normal.
The Minister of Finance submitted
his resignation from his position last Tuesday, during the regular cabinet session

He has been holding the position of Minister of Finance since mid-2020, a 9-page written request during the
cabinet meeting that included an explanation of his ministry’s management during the last period, and the most prominent findings in it,

• Upvote 1

Parliamentary Finance evaluates the assignment of the Minister of Oil to manage the Ministry of Finance

• Time: 08/19/2022 18:02:19
  •  
  • Reading: 2,977 times
Parliamentary Finance evaluates the assignment of the Minister of Oil to manage the Ministry of Finance
{Economic: Al Furat News} A member of the Parliamentary Finance Committee, Jamal Kougar, praised the decision to assign Oil Minister Ihsan Abdul-Jabbar to run the Ministry of Finance as an agency after the resignation of Minister Ali Allawi.

Cougar told {Euphrates News}: "It is normal for him to take over the position of the Minister of Finance and the Deputy Minister of Oil, in addition to his duties, and it is also natural for one of the ministry's agents to take over the position."
He added, "We believe that the most suitable person to take over the duties of the Ministry of Finance is the Minister of Oil, because 95% of the Ministry of Finance's resources are from oil, and this confirms the high connection between the two works."
And Cougar indicated that "naming any character is not considered an obligation, but rather an issue of raising the issue."
And Finance Minister Ali Allawi had resigned from his position during the cabinet session on Tuesday, attributing it to "the rampant corruption and the control of parties over the state sectors."
Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi assigned Oil Minister Ihsan Abdul-Jabbar to assume the duties of the Ministry of Finance and the agency, who began his duties in the position yesterday, Thursday.

Raghad Daham

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

Adel Abdul-Mahdi reviews details of his resignation, commenting on the withdrawal of the Minister of Finance

Baghdad - people  

On Saturday, former Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi recounted the discussions that accompanied his resignation from the government, and the reason for his "voluntary absence" from attending the cabinet sessions.  

Abdul-Mahdi said in an article titled "The Government of the Conduct of Daily Matters and the Resignation of Dr. Allawi", followed by "Nass" (August 20, 2022): I "sent a memorandum to Parliament in which I mentioned (voluntary absence), to pressure the Council and its forces to expedite the formation of a new government to bypass complex and difficult circumstances.  

He added, "I took the decision after consulting the presidency of the judiciary, the Federal Court, and well-known jurists. Some of them opposed and others supported. I assigned the Vice-President, Dr. Al-Ghadban, to run the sessions. Note that the decisions of the Council are not the decisions of the president, but the majority of the members."  

Below is the text of the article:  

Commenting on the resignation, our former legal advisor, Dr. Fadel Jawad, wrote, "Resignation or an escape from responsibility." I was reminded as follows: (The Prime Minister and the ministers) “do not have the right to shirk their responsibilities under the pretext of resignation, because that contradicts the oath they swore, knowing that I had previously explained to Mr. Adel Abdul-Mahdi, the former Prime Minister, the illegality of his absence from cabinet meetings. Under the name (voluntary absence) “.. the brackets are for the counselor, and the rectangular brackets [ ] are for us. clarified, commenting:  

1- With all due respect for Dr. Allawi’s decision, but his resignation, which was accepted and another minister was assigned in his place, differs from the concept of “voluntary absence” that we proposed 4 months after my resignation on November 30, 2019, which was accepted, without forming a new government.  

2/3/2020, I sent a memorandum to Parliament in which it mentioned “voluntary absence”, to put pressure on the Parliament and its forces to expedite the formation of a new government to bypass the complex and difficult circumstances. It is true that the constitution stipulates presiding over cabinet sessions. On the other hand, the council’s internal system does not consider absenteeism due to emergency circumstances in contradiction with the constitutional article. Rather, prime ministers have always assigned one of their colleagues to chair the session.  

The decision was taken after consulting the Presidency of the Judicial Authority, the Federal Court, and well-known jurists, some of whom opposed and supported others. I assigned the Vice President, Dr. Al-Ghadban, to run the sessions. Note that the decisions of the Council are not the decisions of the president, but the majority of the members. And his absence does not freeze his duties as the chairman of the council, the direct executive officer and as a commander in chief and others. The voluntary absence did not prevent the prime minister from following up on all the details, before, during and after the council's meetings. Presiding over meetings of councils and basic committees, meeting with presidents and representatives of countries and institutions, and other detailed matters. Rather, she chairs some cabinet meetings, when necessary. Evasion was the furthest thing. And “voluntary absenteeism” was to depersonalize power, affirm the solidarity of the ministry, and pressure to expedite the formation of a government with full powers that the country needs, using available constitutional and legal laws and interpretations. In Iraq, we have not yet established an integrated democratic culture and traditions to work with.  

2- 2/3/2020, Mr. Counsellor wrote to me: “The government of Mr. Adel Abdul-Mahdi is a caretaker government and will remain in this capacity until a new government is formed, and this does not prevent the Prime Minister from authorizing one of his deputies to manage some Cabinet sessions or to authorize Relevant officials have some non-personal powers.  

And “that he delegates some of his powers to others does not absolve him of responsibility as the prime minister who is assigned by the constitution to run a caretaker government” and the position “cannot be considered vacant or vacant according to the so-called (voluntary absence) because it is not within the power of the prime minister or ministers to be absent. About Cabinet meetings, because attending the meetings is one of the duties and obligations of the Prime Minister and the ministers under the Cabinet’s internal system.  

And whoever reads my letter on 19/2/2020 well would have realized that I was preparing and studying this option. If I said, I will either go to the constitutional option, i.e. [vacancy of the position] Article 81 or - and I did not say and...- the bylaw, i.e. Article 3 [absence]. Absence may be for a vacation, illness, a national mission, etc. It does not mean a disavowal of responsibility, but rather the use of procedural and legal contexts for pressure. The exclusive powers attached to the prime minister, such as the commander-in-chief and his being the highest executive official, will continue, and this is the most important thing. Is there a difference in that?" The exclusive powers attached to the prime minister, such as the commander-in-chief and his being the highest executive official, will continue, and this is the most important thing. Is there a difference in that?" The exclusive powers attached to the prime minister, such as the commander-in-chief and his being the highest executive official, will continue, and this is the most important thing. Is there a difference in that?"  

4- 3/3/2020, the advisor answered me: “I agree with your honor in everything that was stated in your kind letter, but as a matter of responsibility.. I wanted to clarify the constitutional and legal position on the issue of voluntary absence. (God forbid) you are experienced, insightful, patient and considerate in making decisions. I do not want your sovereignty to end with a constitutional violation..  

5- 4/3/2020, I wrote: “I thank you once again, and I am well aware of everything that Article 78 means. The direct executive officer and the Commander in Chief are closely related to the Prime Minister, and this is what my message contained, and it was confirmed by the media statement issued by the Ministerial Council for National Security. The ministers are their reference, the President The ministers, as well as the chief of staff of the army, the director of the apparatus, the national security advisor, the head of the Popular Mobilization Committee, etc. These are all different from the conduct of meetings, and saying voluntary absence means the superiority of the decision and the possibility of reversing it at any time.. The issue that must be paid attention to is our endeavor to draw the attention of legislative and judicial officials The political decision-makers and the various references that the country, in its circumstances, is not run by a government that handles everyday matters. It is necessary to set an end line or assign a new government. The state is disrupted by constitutional violations or by waiting and indecisiveness...  

The goal is not to register and win opinion, but to study what happened, and deepen the legal and constitutional premises. We make mistakes and share and scramble with arguments, proofs and positions. And what benefits people will take root, but the foam will go away as dryness. 

Finance denies the departure of its resigned Minister, Ali Allawi, and exposes him to political threats

Baghdad - people   

Today, Saturday, the Ministry of Finance denied that its resigned Minister, Ali Allawi, had left the country, after circulating information about that.   

And the ministry said in a statement that “Nass” received a copy of it (August 20, 2022): “The ministry denies the false information reported by some media and social media sites, which claims that the resigned Finance Minister Ali Abdel Amir Allawi left the country, and made statements after being threatened by one of the political blocs.  

She added, "In this regard, the ministry categorically denies the authenticity of these alleged news, and everything mentioned in this regard, and the ministry also confirms that Dr. Allawi did not leave Iraq while he was in Baghdad, and did not make any press statements to any media or personal parties and others."  

The Parliamentary Finance Committee announces the resumption of its work

Posted 26 seconds ago

172482022_IMG-20220727-WA0016-800x445-1.

Baghdad/MA

The Parliamentary Finance Committee announced on Wednesday the resumption of its work to follow up the role of the Ministry of Finance in the preparation of the 2023 budget and secure the salaries of employees.

According to a statement received by the Iraqi Media News Agency, the finance committee was held on Wednesday under the chairmanship of the head of the Sunn, MP Mahasen Hamdoun, and in the presence of the members of the committee, and many of the issues on the agenda were discussed.

The committee pointed out the importance of resuming its work in the performance of its oversight duties under the Iraqi Council of Representatives Law No. 13 of 2018 because the Council is suspended sessions and not disrupted performance and duties, in addition to following up all governorates and governorates to which funds have been allocated in the Emergency support Law for Food Security and Development and monitoring the implementation of this and the of work to apply the instructions of the Ministry of Finance in relation to this law.

It also stressed the follow-up to the role of the Ministry of Finance in preparing the next federal budget and securing the salaries of employees for the year 2023.

The Parliamentary Finance Committee affirmed its keenness on the necessity of entrusting the tasks of the vacant ministries, especially the “Ministry of Finance” after the recent resignation of its minister, to those with experience and competence, and in a manner that does not conflict with the mechanism of applying the exchange and financial spending doors to the ministries .

T/M.M

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Parliamentary Finance resumes its work and decides to follow up on 3 important files

{Economic: Al Furat News} The Parliamentary Finance Committee announced, today, Wednesday, the resumption of its work in the performance of its supervisory duties.

The committee stated in a statement that {Euphrates News} received a copy of it: “It met today outside the parliament building in the office of one of its members and in the presence of the committee members with a quorum and headed by the elderly MP Mahasin Hamdoun.”
She added, "Where many issues on the agenda were discussed, the most important of which are:
1- Resuming the work of the Parliamentary Finance Committee in performing its oversight duties under the Iraqi Parliament Law No. 13 of 2018 because the Council suspended sessions and not suspended performance and duties.
2- Follow-up on all ministries and governorates that Funds have been allocated to it in the Emergency support Law for Food Security and Development, and the monitoring of its implementation and the mechanism of action by applying the instructions of the Ministry of Finance regarding this law
3- To follow up on the role of the Ministry of Finance in preparing the next federal budget and securing the salaries of employees for the year 2023.
4- The Parliamentary Finance Committee affirmed its keenness on the necessity of entrusting the tasks of the vacant ministries, especially the “Ministry of Finance,” whose minister recently resigned, to those with experience and competence, in a manner that does not conflict with the mechanism of applying the exchange and financial spending doors to the ministries.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
In the document.. Al-Samarrai challenges the decision to accept the resignation of the Minister of Finance

{Politics: Al Furat News} MP Muthanna Abdul Samad Al-Samarrai submitted an appeal to the Federal Supreme Court of the Prime Minister's decision, which included accepting the resignation of the Minister of Finance.

Al-Samarrai said in a statement, of which {Euphrates News} received a copy, that “we believe in the constitution and the law and our conviction that objection, rejection and acceptance can only be made or accepted through legal methods and contexts. between the authorities.
On August 16, Finance Minister Ali Allawi submitted his resignation from his position, which was approved by Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi, and the latter assigned Oil Minister Ihsan Abdul-Jabbar, with the tasks of managing the Ministry of Finance as an agency.
Allawi's prolonged resignation stated the reasons and motives for his decision, and focused on rampant corruption in the joints of the state, nepotism, and the control of political parties over most of the state's sectors.

2200f319f3f797bae57130396349332c.jpg

2022-09-14 15:25

Shafaq News/ On Wednesday, Representative Muthanna al-Samarrai filed a judicial complaint to challenge the decision of Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi to accept the resignation of Finance Minister Ali Abdul-Amir Allawi and assign the Minister of Oil, in addition to his job, the duties of the Minister of Finance.

Al-Samarrai, according to a document obtained by Shafak News Agency, requested the ruling that Al-Kazemi's resignation was not accepted and canceled.

It is noteworthy that Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi assigned on Tuesday, August 16, 2022, Oil Minister Ihsan Abdul-Jabbar, with the tasks of managing the Ministry of Finance as an agency "temporarily", after approving the resignation of Finance Minister Ali Allawi.

Later, the Iraqi Ministry of Finance refuted information that its resigned minister, Ali Allawi, had left the country after being threatened by a political party.

• Thanks 1