Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliament and the framework declare mourning for the victims of the demonstrators and the security forces, and Al-Sadr sends a delegation to the First Council

yota691

Sadrist demonstrators gather in front of the Supreme Judicial Council

Baghdad - people   

Sadrist demonstrators gathered, on Tuesday morning, in front of the Supreme Judicial Council.   

Pictures monitored by "Nass" (August 23, 2022), showed supporters of the Sadrist movement gathering in front of the Supreme Judicial Council, demanding the dissolution of Parliament and the holding of new elections.   

me_ga.php?id=40565me_ga.php?id=40566me_ga.php?id=40567  

• Thanks 2
  • Pow! 2

Sadrist demonstrators turn their gathering in front of the judiciary building into a sit-in (photos)

Baghdad - people   

On Tuesday, a number of Sadrist protesters set up a tent in front of the Supreme Judicial Council building in preparation for the start of an open sit-in.  

Pictures obtained by "Nass" (August 23, 2022), showed a number of protesters setting up sit-in tents in front of the Supreme Judicial Council building, while they raised banners calling for the judiciary to dissolve the House of Representatives.  

me_ga.php?id=40572me_ga.php?id=40574me_ga.php?id=40575me_ga.php?id=40573  

me_ga.php?id=40569me_ga.php?id=40570me_ga.php?id=40568  

On Tuesday, demonstrators gathered in front of the Supreme Judicial Council.  

According to photos followed by "Nass" (23 August 2022), supporters of the Sadrist movement gathered in front of the Supreme Judicial Council, demanding the dissolution of Parliament and the holding of new elections.     

On Wednesday, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, called on the judicial authorities to work on dissolving the House of Representatives within a maximum period of the end of next week, urging at the same time, the President of the Republic, Barham Salih, to set a date for early legislative elections in the country.  

Al-Sadr said in a tweet followed by “Nass” (August 10, 2022), “Someone might say: The dissolution of parliament needs to hold a parliament session to dissolve itself. No, there are blocs that adhere to quotas and persistence in corruption and will not succumb to the people’s demand to dissolve Parliament. Rather, I say: The dissolution of Parliament is not limited to that."    

He added, "From here, I address my words to the competent judicial authorities, especially the President of the Supreme Judicial Council, hoping that they correct the course, especially after the end of the brief constitutional deadlines and others for Parliament by choosing the President of the Republic and assigning a Prime Minister to form a government of stakes, as well as the national or independent majority and away from the old, grim faces that despair Including the people, and if they are not corrupt, they are either deficient or deficient. Yes, I direct my words to the Iraqi judiciary, from which we still hope for good despite the political and security pressures it is subjected to and leaks from here and there, provided that it dissolve Parliament after those constitutional violations above.. ...within a period not exceeding the end of next week, and graciously assigning the President of the Republic to set a date for early elections, subject to several conditions that we will announce later.    

And he continued, "During this, the revolutionaries will continue their sit-ins and their revolution, may God reward them with the best reward... and they will have another position if the people fail again, and we ask all the revolutionaries, the resigned Sadrist bloc, other deputies, and all lovers of the homeland to submit official lawsuits to the Federal Court and through legal means and through the centralization of the committee." It is clear that the elimination of the stake is at stake, and we hope that it will take into account the interest of the people and not be afraid of pressures, as I am sure that many judges are with the people and with reform.”    

me_ga.php?id=40011  

Earlier, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, said that the dissolution of Parliament had become a popular demand, noting that "there are positive reactions" regarding its dissolution.     

Al-Sadr called in a tweet on "Twitter" followed by "Nass" (August 6, 2022), "for a serious pause to save Iraq from the tusks of corruption and dependency, and for us to correct the course of the Silesian process that harmed the people and the country."      

And he continued, "And let everyone know that the revolutionaries will continue their revolution until the demands are achieved, and they will not give up at all, as it is their only and last chance.      

Al-Sadr stressed, "Yes, (dissolving Parliament) has become a popular, political and elitist demand that has no alternative, and all the corrupt mouths should be silenced wherever they are...".      

me_ga.php?id=39801  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Sadrist demonstrators announce a package of demands in front of the Supreme Judicial Council building

Baghdad - people  

The Sadrist movement's protesters announced before the Supreme Judicial Council, on Tuesday, a list of their demands.  

The Central Committee of the Sadrist movement published pictures followed by "Nass" (August 23, 2022), showing part of the Sadrist sit-in in front of the Judicial Council building, raising banners bearing a package of demands.  

According to Al-Yafat, the demands of the Sadrist movement were as follows:   

dissolve the current parliament.  

Set a date for early elections.  

Never politicize the judiciary.  

Fighting corruption and spoilers.  

Separation of the Public Prosecution Office from the Judicial Council.  

me_ga.php?id=40578me_ga.php?id=40579me_ga.php?id=40577  

A number of Sadrist movement's demonstrators erected a tent in front of the Supreme Judicial Council building in preparation for the start of an open sit-in.  

Pictures obtained by "Nass" (August 23, 2022), showed a number of protesters setting up sit-in tents in front of the Supreme Judicial Council building, while they raised banners calling for the judiciary to dissolve the House of Representatives.    

According to photos followed by "Nass" (23 August 2022), supporters of the Sadrist movement gathered in front of the Supreme Judicial Council, demanding the dissolution of Parliament and the holding of new elections.       

On Wednesday, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, called on the judicial authorities to work on dissolving the House of Representatives within a maximum period of the end of next week, urging at the same time, the President of the Republic, Barham Salih, to set a date for early legislative elections in the country.  

Al-Sadr said in a tweet followed by “Nass” (August 10, 2022), “Someone might say: The dissolution of parliament needs to hold a parliament session to dissolve itself. No, there are blocs that adhere to quotas and persistence in corruption and will not succumb to the people’s demand to dissolve Parliament. Rather, I say: The dissolution of Parliament is not limited to that."      

He added, "From here, I address my words to the competent judicial authorities, especially the President of the Supreme Judicial Council, hoping that they correct the course, especially after the end of the brief constitutional deadlines and others for Parliament by choosing the President of the Republic and assigning a Prime Minister to form a government of stakes, as well as the national or independent majority and away from the old, grim faces that despair Including the people, and if they are not corrupt, they are either deficient or deficient. Yes, I direct my words to the Iraqi judiciary, from which we still hope for good despite the political and security pressures it is subjected to and leaks from here and there, provided that it dissolve Parliament after those constitutional violations above.. ...within a period not exceeding the end of next week, and graciously assigning the President of the Republic to set a date for early elections, subject to several conditions that we will announce later.      

And he continued, "During this, the revolutionaries will continue their sit-ins and their revolution, may God reward them with the best reward... and they will have another position if the people fail again, and we ask all the revolutionaries, the resigned Sadrist bloc, other deputies, and all lovers of the homeland to submit official lawsuits to the Federal Court and through legal means and through the centralization of the committee." It is clear that the elimination of the stake is at stake, and we hope that it will take into account the interest of the people and not be afraid of pressures, as I am sure that many judges are with the people and with reform.”      

me_ga.php?id=40011  

Earlier, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, said that the dissolution of Parliament had become a popular demand, noting that "there are positive reactions" regarding its dissolution.     

Al-Sadr called in a tweet on "Twitter" followed by "Nass" (August 6, 2022), "for a serious pause to save Iraq from the tusks of corruption and dependency, and for us to correct the course of the Silesian process that harmed the people and the country."        

And he continued, "And let everyone know that the revolutionaries will continue their revolution until the demands are achieved, and they will not give up at all, as it is their only and last chance.        

Al-Sadr stressed, "Yes, (dissolving Parliament) has become a popular, political and elitist demand that has no alternative, and all the corrupt mouths should be silenced wherever they are...".        

me_ga.php?id=39801

• Thanks 2

In addition to the courts and the Federal Court

On the impact of the Sadrist sit-in, the Supreme Judicial Council suspends its work

2022.08.23 - 10:56
On the impact of the Sadrist sit-in, the Supreme Judicial Council suspends its work

Baghdad - people   

On Tuesday, the Supreme Judicial Council announced the suspension of its work, courts and the Federal Court.  

And the judiciary’s media stated in a statement that “People” received a copy of it, (August 23, 2022), “The Supreme Judicial Council and the Federal Supreme Court met in person and electronically on Tuesday morning, corresponding to August 23, 2022, following the open sit-in of the Sadrist movement’s demonstrators in front of the Supreme Judicial Council to demand the dissolution of the The House of Representatives by pressuring the Federal Supreme Court to issue a state order to dissolve the House of Representatives and sending threatening letters over the phone to pressure the court.   

She added, "Therefore, the meeting decided to suspend the work of the Supreme Judicial Council, the courts affiliated with it, and the Federal Supreme Court in protest against these unconstitutional and violating acts of law, and to hold the government and the political party behind this sit-in legally responsible for the consequences of this behavior."   

The Sadrist movement's protesters announced before the Supreme Judicial Council, on Tuesday, a list of their demands.  

The Central Committee of the Sadrist movement published pictures followed by "Nass" (August 23, 2022), showing part of the Sadrist sit-in in front of the Judicial Council building, raising banners bearing a package of demands.    

A number of Sadrist movement's demonstrators erected a tent in front of the Supreme Judicial Council building in preparation for the start of an open sit-in.  

me_ga.php?id=40011  

me_ga.php?id=39801

• Thanks 1

A Sadrist leader, coinciding with the current sit-in in front of the judiciary: “The distance was never the same.”

Baghdad - people  

The resigned MP and a leader in the Sadrist movement, Sabah al-Saadi, said on Tuesday that it was not (one distance) a day, coinciding with the sit-in of the Sadrist movement's supporters in front of the Supreme Judicial Council building.  

Al-Saadi said in a tweet, which was reviewed by "People" (23 August 2022), that "(the distance) was not one day, the rebellious people measured by (the truth), and the corruption parties measured by (false), which equals between them (the balance of judgment) is disordered."  

He concluded with the sign, "We will continue, we will not retreat, the Muharram revolution will be renewed."  

On Tuesday, the Supreme Judicial Council announced the suspension of its work, courts and the Federal Court.  

And the judiciary’s media stated in a statement that “People” received a copy of it, (August 23, 2022), “The Supreme Judicial Council and the Federal Supreme Court met in person and electronically on Tuesday morning, corresponding to August 23, 2022, following the open sit-in of the Sadrist movement’s demonstrators in front of the Supreme Judicial Council to demand the dissolution of the The House of Representatives by pressuring the Federal Supreme Court to issue a state order to dissolve the House of Representatives and sending threatening letters over the phone to pressure the court.     

She added, "Therefore, the meeting decided to suspend the work of the Supreme Judicial Council, the courts affiliated with it, and the Federal Supreme Court in protest against these unconstitutional and violating acts of law, and to hold the government and the political party behind this sit-in legally responsible for the consequences of this behavior."     

me_ga.php?id=40011  

me_ga.php?id=39801

Judiciary: We have begun procedures to collect evidence of the 'crime of threatening the Federal Court'

Baghdad - people   

The Supreme Judicial Council announced, on Tuesday, the initiation of "procedures to collect evidence of the crime of threatening the Federal Court."  

The council stated in a brief statement, of which "Nass" received a copy (23 August 2022), that "the first Karkh investigation court is proceeding with the procedures for collecting evidence of the crime of threatening the Federal Court to take legal measures against the perpetrators."  

The resigned MP and leader of the Sadrist movement, Sabah al-Saadi, said on Tuesday that it was not (one distance) a day, coinciding with the sit-in of the Sadrist movement's supporters in front of the Supreme Judicial Council building.  

Al-Saadi said in a tweet, which was reviewed by "People" (23 August 2022), that "(the distance) was not one day, the rebellious people measured by (the truth), and the corruption parties measured by (false), which equals between them (the balance of judgment) is disordered."    

He concluded with the sign, "We will continue, we will not retreat, the Muharram revolution will be renewed."    

me_ga.php?id=40011  

me_ga.php?id=39801

Al-Halbousi's first comment regarding the new Sadrist sit-in: We do not quarrel with the judiciary

Baghdad - people   

Parliament Speaker Muhammad al-Halbousi stressed, on Tuesday, that "our dispute should not be with the judiciary, to which we all resort if we quarrel."   

Al-Halbousi said in his blog, followed by "Nass" (23 August 2022), "We support the demonstrations in accordance with the legal and constitutional contexts, in a manner that preserves the state and its institutions and protects its existence, but our quarrel should not be with the judiciary, to which we all resort if we dispute."   

And the Supreme Judicial Council announced, on Tuesday, the initiation of "procedures to collect evidence of the crime of threatening the Federal Court."  

The council stated in a brief statement, of which "Nass" received a copy (23 August 2022), that "the first Karkh investigation court is proceeding with the procedures for collecting evidence of the crime of threatening the Federal Court to take legal measures against the perpetrators."    

The resigned MP and leader of the Sadrist movement, Sabah al-Saadi, said on Tuesday that it was not (one distance) a day, coinciding with the sit-in of the Sadrist movement's supporters in front of the Supreme Judicial Council building.  

Al-Saadi said in a tweet, seen by "Nass" (August 23, 2022), that "(the distance) was not one day. The rebellious people measured it (the truth), and the corruption parties measured it (false), which equals between them (the balance of judgment) is disordered."      

He concluded with the sign, "We will continue, we will not retreat, the revolution, Muharram, will be renewed."      

me_ga.php?id=40577  

me_ga.php?id=40574me_ga.php?id=40575  

me_ga.php?id=40566  

me_ga.php?id=40011  

me_ga.php?id=39801

A statement from the Iraqi Bar Association regarding the Sadrist demonstrations in front of the Judiciary Building

Baghdad - people   

The Bar Association stressed, on Tuesday, that "the judicial institution should not be in the equation of political pressure."   

The Syndicate stated in a statement received by “Nass” (23 August 2022), “We were and are still with the demands of the revolutionaries, and we seek with them to achieve the desired social justice. Constitutional frameworks, expressed in templates that are supposed to achieve these goals.  

He added that "the judicial institution is one of the most important of these constitutional bodies, and it should not be in the equation of political pressure, and we should distance ourselves from any actions that affect its independence, and no country can rise without maintaining the independence of the judiciary and preserving its prestige, and judicial decisions are issued according to legal visions." Not by pressuring the will of the independent judiciary.”  

And she stressed that "we announce our supportive position for the Iraqi judiciary, and we suspend the work of the Iraqi Bar Association in parallel with the judiciary, and all political parties must understand the danger of not protecting the independence of the judiciary, which will lead us to lose the most important pillars of building a constitutional state, and that the judiciary must be protected, and once again be preserved." ".   

The Iraqi judiciary issues an arrest warrant for Sabah Al-Saadi

Baghdad - people   

On Tuesday, the Karkh Investigation Court issued an arrest warrant for the resigned MP and leader of the Sadrist movement, Sabah Al-Saadi.  

The Supreme Judicial Council stated in a brief statement, of which "Nas" received a copy, (23 August 2022), that "the Karkh Investigation Court issues an arrest warrant against Sabah Al-Saadi for the crime of threatening the judiciary."  

me_ga.php?id=40577  

me_ga.php?id=40572  

me_ga.php?id=40565  

me_ga.php?id=40011  

me_ga.php?id=39801

An arrest warrant against the cleric, Muhammad al-Saadi, a supporter of al-Sadr

Baghdad - people   

On Tuesday, the Supreme Judicial Council issued an arrest warrant for the cleric, Muhammad Al-Saadi.   

And the judiciary’s media stated in a statement that “Nas” received a copy of it (August 23, 2022), that “the Karkh Investigation Court issues an arrest warrant against the so-called Muhammad Al-Saadi for the crime of threatening the judiciary.”   

On Tuesday, the United Nations mission in Iraq commented on the political developments in Iraq.  

And the mission stated in its blog post, "Nass" (23 August 2022), that "the right to peaceful protest is an essential element of democracy."     

"It is equally important to affirm constitutional compliance and respect for state institutions," she added. "State institutions must work unimpeded in the service of the Iraqi people, including the Justice Council."    

me_ga.php?id=40586  

On Tuesday, the Karkh Investigation Court issued an arrest warrant against the resigned MP and leader of the Sadrist movement, Sabah Al-Saadi.  

The Supreme Judicial Council stated in a brief statement, of which "Nas" received a copy, (23 August 2022), that "the Karkh Investigation Court issues an arrest warrant against Sabah Al-Saadi for the crime of threatening the judiciary."      

The resigned MP and leader of the Sadrist movement, Sabah al-Saadi, said that it was not (one distance) a day, coinciding with the sit-in of the Sadrist movement's supporters in front of the Supreme Judicial Council building.  

Earlier in the day, the Supreme Judicial Council announced the suspension of its work, courts and the Federal Court.  

The protesters of the Sadrist movement announced before the Supreme Judicial Council, a list of their demands.  

me_ga.php?id=40577  

Pictures obtained by "Nass" showed that a number of demonstrators set up sit-in tents in front of the Supreme Judicial Council building, while they raised banners calling for the judiciary to dissolve the House of Representatives.              

me_ga.php?id=40572  

Demonstrators gathered in front of the Supreme Judicial Council.   

me_ga.php?id=40565  

Last week, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, called on the judicial authorities to work on dissolving the House of Representatives within a maximum period of the end of next week, urging at the same time, the President of the Republic, Barham Salih, to set a date for early legislative elections in the country.  

He added, "From here, I address my words to the competent judicial authorities, especially the President of the Supreme Judicial Council, in the hope that they correct the course, especially after the end of the brief constitutional deadlines and others for Parliament by choosing the President of the Republic and assigning a Prime Minister to form a share-sharing government, as well as the national or independent majority and away from the old, grim faces that despair Including the people, and if they are not corrupt, they are either deficient or deficient. Yes, I direct my words to the Iraqi judiciary, from which we still hope for good despite the political and security pressures it is subjected to and leaks from here and there, provided that it dissolve Parliament after those constitutional violations above.. ...within a period not exceeding the end of next week, and graciously assigning the President of the Republic to set a date for early elections, subject to several conditions that we will announce later.                

me_ga.php?id=39801

The judiciary issues an arrest warrant against the leader of the Sadrist movement, Ghayeb Al-Amiri

Baghdad - people  

On Tuesday, the Karkh Investigation Court issued an arrest warrant for the former deputy of the Sadrist movement, Ghayeb al-Amiri.  

And the Supreme Judicial Council stated in a statement, of which “Nass” received a copy, (August 23, 2022), that “the Karkh Investigation Court issued an arrest warrant against Ghayeb Al-Amiri for the crime of inciting the killing of judges, banning his travel, and asking the security services to quickly implement it.”  

On Tuesday, the Supreme Judicial Council issued an arrest warrant for the cleric, Muhammad Al-Saadi.  

And the judiciary’s media stated in a statement that “Nas” received a copy of it (August 23, 2022), that “the Karkh Investigation Court issues an arrest warrant against the so-called Muhammad Al-Saadi for the crime of threatening the judiciary.”     

On Tuesday, the United Nations mission in Iraq commented on the political developments in Iraq.   

And the mission stated in its blog post, "Nass" (23 August 2022), that "the right to peaceful protest is an essential element of democracy."       

"It is equally important to affirm constitutional compliance and respect for state institutions," she added. "State institutions must work unimpeded in the service of the Iraqi people, including the Justice Council."      

me_ga.php?id=40586  

On Tuesday, the Karkh Investigation Court issued an arrest warrant against the resigned MP and leader of the Sadrist movement, Sabah Al-Saadi.  

The resigned MP and leader of the Sadrist movement, Sabah al-Saadi, said that it was not (one distance) a day, coinciding with the sit-in of the Sadrist movement's supporters in front of the Supreme Judicial Council building.  

Earlier in the day, the Supreme Judicial Council announced the suspension of its work, courts and the Federal Court.  

The protesters of the Sadrist movement announced before the Supreme Judicial Council, a list of their demands.  

me_ga.php?id=40577  

Pictures obtained by "Nass" showed that a number of demonstrators set up sit-in tents in front of the Supreme Judicial Council building, while they raised banners calling for the judiciary to dissolve the House of Representatives.                

me_ga.php?id=40572  

Demonstrators gathered in front of the Supreme Judicial Council.   

me_ga.php?id=40565  

Last week, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, called on the judicial authorities to work on dissolving the House of Representatives within a maximum period of the end of next week, urging at the same time, the President of the Republic, Barham Salih, to set a date for early legislative elections in the country.  

He added, "From here, I address my words to the competent judicial authorities, especially the President of the Supreme Judicial Council, in the hope that they correct the course, especially after the end of the brief constitutional deadlines and others for Parliament by choosing the President of the Republic and assigning a Prime Minister to form a share-sharing government, as well as the national or independent majority and away from the old, grim faces that despair Including the people, and if they are not corrupt, they are either deficient or deficient. Yes, I direct my words to the Iraqi judiciary, from which we still hope for good despite the political and security pressures it is subjected to and leaks from here and there, provided that it dissolve Parliament after those constitutional violations above.. ...within a period not exceeding the end of next week, and graciously assigning the President of the Republic to set a date for early elections, subject to several conditions that we will announce later.                  

me_ga.php?id=39801

“Abu Mazen” regarding the sit-in at the Judiciary Gate: The last stronghold we rely on

Baghdad - people   

The head of the National Masses Party, Ahmed al-Jubouri, called on Tuesday to keep the judiciary away from political rivalries.   

Al-Jubouri stated in his blog, followed by "Nass" (23 August 2022), that "the judiciary is the last stronghold on which we rely as citizens and politicians, and it must remain a legal reference that decides on all outstanding issues that need legal opinion and advice."   

He added, "We must distance the judiciary from political rivalries and eliminate all forms of threats to this institution, which has emphasized more than once that it has no authority in the issue of dissolving Parliament."   

On Tuesday, the head of Asa'ib Ahl al-Haq, Qais al-Khazali, expressed his refusal to bypass the judicial institution.  

me_ga.php?id=40588  

Parliament Speaker Muhammad al-Halbousi warned the international community to withdraw its recognition of the Iraqi political process.  

"We previously participated in the elections at the end of last year, after popular protests that demanded a change of government and early elections," Al-Halbousi said in a statement received by "Nass" (August 23, 2022).    

He added, "Our goal was to reform the situation, give space to the emerging forces in political participation, take their role in political decision-making within the parliament, add stability to political work, and implement real reforms through constitutional institutions."    

He continued, "Unfortunately, what we have reached today is a more regression than we were before, by disrupting constitutional institutions: a broken parliament - a broken judicial council - a caretaker government."    

And he stated, "We must all resort to the constitution, and be up to the responsibility to get the country out of this suffocating crisis that is heading towards the absence of legitimacy, and may lead to a lack of international recognition of the entire political process, the structure of the state and its outputs."    

Parliament Speaker Muhammad al-Halbousi stressed, earlier, that "our dispute should not be with the judiciary, to which we all resort if we quarrel."   

Al-Halbousi said in his blog, followed by "Nass" (23 August 2022), "We support the demonstrations in accordance with the legal and constitutional contexts, in a manner that preserves the state and its institutions and protects its existence, but our quarrel should not be with the judiciary, to which we all resort if we dispute."       

And the Supreme Judicial Council announced, on Tuesday, the initiation of "procedures to collect evidence of the crime of threatening the Federal Court."  

The first comment from Sabah Al-Saadi after an arrest warrant was issued against him

Baghdad - people   

The leader of the Sadrist movement, Sabah Al-Saadi, commented, on Tuesday, on the arrest warrant issued by the Iraqi judiciary against him.   

me_ga.php?id=40589  

On Tuesday, the Karkh Investigation Court issued an arrest warrant for the leader of the Sadrist movement, Sabah Al-Saadi.  

The leader of the Sadrist movement, Sabah al-Saadi, said, on Tuesday, that it was not (one distance) a day, coinciding with the sit-in of the Sadrist movement's supporters in front of the Supreme Judicial Council building.  

Minister: Al-Sadr may take a step in exchange for the judiciary's decision to suspend his work

Baghdad - people   

Saleh Muhammad al-Iraqi, known as the "minister" of the Sadrist movement's leader Muqtada al-Sadr, waved to suspend the work of the committee overseeing the protests.  

Al-Iraqi stated in a post on social media, followed by "Nas" (August 23, 2022), that "as soon as the protests against the corrupt intensify... they hurry to seek help from his Eminence, but his Eminence (may God honor him) and two days ago decided not to interfere at all."  

He added, "Because (the Ashura revolution) continues to be spontaneous... His Eminence may order in the future to suspend the work of the committee supervising the protests (may God reward them with the best reward for the benefactors) in return for the judiciary and courts suspending their work."  

Al-Iraqi added, "Otherwise, it is shameful for the judiciary and courts to suspend work in order to end a reformist revolution and not suspend their work in order to denounce rampant corruption if they cannot try the corrupt on all sides."  

1661255891395.jpeg

CBI evacuated following recent escalation

2022-08-23 07:58

Shafaq News / The Central bank of Iraq, as well as al-Rashid and al-Rafidain banks, have been evacuated following the recent developments in the country.

A source told Shafaq News agency that this step was taken in anticipation of any escalation.

The Iraqi Judicial authority decided to suspend its work on Tuesday following the Sadrist supporters' protests that began earlier today in front of the Supreme Judicial council building.

The authority said in a statement that the council and the Federal Supreme court convened today morning following the protest, noting that it was decided to suspend all judicial activities in the country in protest against such "unconstitutional acts and violations of the law".

The statement held the government and the political party standing behind the demonstration full responsibility for this protest's consequences.

Earlier today, supporters of the Sadrist movement protested in front of the Supreme Judicial council building.

The demonstrators called for implementing the demands of the powerful Shiite leader Muqtada al-Sadr, including dissolving the Parliament to hold an early parliamentary election.

https://shafaq.com/en/Iraq-News/CBI-evacuated-following-recent-escalation#

• Thanks 1

The judiciary and the Federal Court suspend work after "threatening letters" to dissolve Parliament

{Political: Al Furat News} The Supreme Judicial Council, its affiliated courts, and the Federal Supreme Court suspended their work "after threatening letters calling for the dissolution of the House of Representatives and in protest against unconstitutional and illegal behavior."

dbd456d85889141a5bca8a0b51abcd7a.jpg

Legal expert: The judiciary is a safety valve for Iraq, and the suspension of its work is a setback in the country's history

{Political: Al Furat News} The legal expert, Jamal Al-Asadi, considered the decision to suspend the work of the judiciary "a setback in the history of the country."

Al-Asadi said in a tweet on Twitter: "The judiciary is the measure of goodness and justice in nations, and it is the head of the pride of every living and adult nation."
He added, "The judiciary is the backbone on which the rest of the authorities rest, and it is the main and stable pillar of the state's roof."
Al-Asadi continued, "The judiciary is a safety valve for Iraq's supreme interests in the darkest and most difficult circumstances, and the suspension of the judiciary's work and duties is a setback in the country's history."
On Tuesday, the judiciary in Iraq decided to suspend its work in the country.

A statement issued by the judicial authority stated that the Supreme Judicial Council and the Federal Supreme Court met in presence this morning, following the open sit-in of the Sadrist movement’s demonstrators in front of the Supreme Judicial Council to demand the dissolution of the House of Representatives by pressing the Federal Supreme Court to issue a decision by the state order to dissolve the House of Representatives and send threatening messages through phone to press the court.

"The meeting decided to suspend the work of the Supreme Judicial Council, the courts affiliated with it and the Federal Supreme Court in protest of these unconstitutional and illegal behavior," the statement said.

The statement held "the government and the political party behind this sit-in legally responsible for the consequences of this behaviour."

The judiciary begins procedures for collecting evidence of the crime of threatening the Federal Court

{Local: Al Furat News} The Supreme Judicial Council said, "The first Karkh investigation court is initiating procedures for collecting evidence of the crime of threatening the Federal Court to take legal measures against the perpetrators."

This comes after the judicial authority in Iraq decided, today, Tuesday, to suspend its work in the country.

A statement issued by the judicial authority stated that the Supreme Judicial Council and the Federal Supreme Court met in presence this morning, following the open sit-in of the Sadrist movement’s demonstrators in front of the Supreme Judicial Council to demand the dissolution of the House of Representatives by pressing the Federal Supreme Court to issue a decision by the state order to dissolve the House of Representatives and send threatening messages through phone to press the court.

"The meeting decided to suspend the work of the Supreme Judicial Council, the courts affiliated with it and the Federal Supreme Court in protest of these unconstitutional and illegal behavior," the statement said.

The statement held "the government and the political party behind this sit-in legally responsible for the consequences of this behaviour."

Al-Halbousi: Our rivalry should not be with the judiciary to which we all refer

{Political: Al-Furat News} The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Muhammad Al-Halbousi, expressed his objection to "the quarrel with the judiciary."

Al-Halbousi said in a tweet on Twitter: "We support the demonstrations in accordance with the legal and constitutional contexts, in a manner that preserves the state and its institutions and protects its existence, but our rivalry should not be with the judiciary, to which we all resort if we dispute."
The judiciary in Iraq decided today, Tuesday, to suspend its work in the country.
A statement stated, "The Supreme Judicial Council and the Federal Supreme Court met in presence this morning, following the open sit-in of the Sadrist movement's demonstrators in front of the Supreme Judicial Council to demand the dissolution of the House of Representatives by putting pressure on the Federal Supreme Court to issue a decision by the state order to dissolve the House of Representatives and send threatening messages over the phone to pressure on court."
The Supreme Judicial Council also announced, "The Karkh First Investigation Court is initiating procedures for collecting evidence of the crime of threatening the Federal Court to take legal measures against the perpetrators."

The Bar Association stands in solidarity with the judiciary and announces the suspension of its work

{Local: Al Furat News} The Bar Association announced, on Tuesday, the suspension of its work in solidarity with the Supreme Judicial Council, stressing that the political parties are required to understand the danger of not protecting the independence of the judiciary and the loss of the most important pillars of building a constitutional state.

The union stated in a statement received by {Euphrates News} that "we were and are still with the demands of the revolutionaries, and we seek with them to achieve the desired social justice, and the Bar Association has announced this position in conjunction with the rest of the unions and unions, but all demands must be formulated in accordance with the constitutional frameworks, and express forms that are supposed to achieve those goals.

She added, "The judicial institution is one of the most important of these constitutional bodies, and it should not be in the equation of political pressure, and we should distance ourselves from any actions that affect its independence, and no country can rise without maintaining the independence of the judiciary and preserving its prestige, and judicial decisions are issued according to visions." legal, not by pressuring the will of the independent judiciary.

And she continued: "We announce our supportive position for the Iraqi judiciary, and we suspend the work of the Iraqi Bar Association in parallel with the judiciary," adding: "All political parties must understand the danger of not protecting the independence of the judiciary, which will lead us to lose the most important pillars of building a constitutional state, and that the judiciary must to be preserved, and to be maintained again.”

The judiciary in Iraq decided today, Tuesday, to suspend its work in the country.

A statement stated, "The Supreme Judicial Council and the Federal Supreme Court met in presence this morning, following the open sit-in of the Sadrist movement's demonstrators in front of the Supreme Judicial Council to demand the dissolution of the House of Representatives by putting pressure on the Federal Supreme Court to issue a decision by the state order to dissolve the House of Representatives and send threatening messages over the phone to pressure on court."

The Supreme Judicial Council also announced, "The Karkh First Investigation Court is initiating procedures for collecting evidence of the crime of threatening the Federal Court to take legal measures against the perpetrators."

Al-Halbousi warns against "the lack of international recognition of the entire political process and the structure of the Iraqi state."

{Political: Al-Furat News} Parliament Speaker Muhammad Al-Halbousi warned, on Tuesday, against "the lack of international recognition of the entire political process and the structure of the Iraqi state."

Al-Halbousi said in a statement received by {Euphrates News}, that "we had previously participated in the elections at the end of last year, after popular protests called for changing the government and holding early elections."

He added, "Our goal was to reform the situation, give space to the emerging forces in political participation, take their role in political decision-making within the parliament, add stability to political work, and implement real reforms through constitutional institutions."

Al-Halbousi continued: "Unfortunately, what we have reached today is a more regression than we were before, through the disruption of constitutional institutions. The Parliament is broken, the Judicial Council is down, and the business administration is."

The statement continued, "We must all resort to the constitution, and be up to the responsibility to get the country out of this stifling crisis that is heading towards the absence of legitimacy, and may lead to a lack of international recognition of the entire political process, the structure of the state and its outputs."

UNAMI: State institutions must work without hindrance, including the judiciary

{Local: Al Furat News} The United Nations Mission in Iraq (UNAMI) called on Tuesday for the need to respect state institutions, pointing out that state institutions must work without hindrance, including the judiciary.

In a statement received by Al-Furat News, the mission said, "The right to peaceful protest is an essential element of democracy, and it is equally important to confirm constitutional compliance and respect for state institutions.

She added, "State institutions must work without hindrance in the service of the Iraqi people, including the Justice Council."

The coordination framework announces its rejection of the dangerous abuse of the judiciary and calls for "full readiness"

{Political: Al Furat News} The coordinating framework announced its full condemnation of the serious violation of the judicial institution and threats of physical liquidation against the President of the Constitutional Court.

In a statement, Al-Furat News Agency received a copy of it, the framework called on all respected national political forces, as well as community activities, not to remain silent, but to take the initiative to condemn this infringement.

He also declared his refusal to "receive any message from the Sadrist movement or any call for direct dialogue, except after announcing his withdrawal from the occupation of the constitutional state institutions and returning to the side of the forces that believe in peaceful and democratic solutions."

The coordination framework holds "the government fully responsible for preserving state property and the lives of employees and officials, especially the judiciary, which is the only valve that remains for Iraq as a result of the domination of forces outside the state over the institutions and the imposition of their will outside the authority of the state."

He called "the Iraqi people, with all their segments, to be highly prepared and fully prepared for the next step in which the people must say what they say against the state's kidnappers to restore its prestige and authority."

The coordination framework also called on "the international community to state its clear position in the face of this dangerous infringement on constitutional institutions, foremost of which is the judiciary and the legislative institution."

The Jurists Union calls on the political parties to distance the judiciary from their differences

{Local: Al Furat News} The presidency of the Iraqi Jurists Union, the general headquarters, called on all political parties and the competent authorities for dialogue in accordance with the constitution and the law, and to distance the judiciary from political disputes.

The Union of Iraqi Jurists said in a statement received by {Euphrates News}, "Given the current circumstances that the country is going through and recent developments and the sensitivity of the current situation and the fact that the Union of Iraqi Jurists is the largest independent legal institution and based on the provisions of Article (19 / first) of the permanent Iraqi constitution of 2005, which states However, (the judiciary is independent, with no authority over it except the law), and in continuation of our previous positions, we affirm the independence of the Iraqi judiciary and non-interference with its decisions and rulings, which are nothing but a translation of the provisions of the Constitution and the laws in force.

He added, "We refuse to prejudice it, and to distance the judiciary from crises and political rivalries, as it is a constitutional institution that represents an important pillar of the political and democratic system in the country." 

The statement continued, "The legitimate demands and the demonstrations that we supported from the beginning, must be within the constitutional and legal frameworks and a serious and sound dialogue that distances the country from dangerous turns that threaten societal peace." 

According to the statement, the union called on all political parties and the competent authorities to engage in dialogue in accordance with the constitution and the law, and to distance the judiciary from political disputes.