Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Moqtada al-Sadr, dominant Iraqi political leader, retires from politics

yota691

Al-Sadr announces his readiness to sign a new agreement... on conditions

Baghdad - people   

On Saturday, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, sent a new message regarding the current situation in the country.  

Saleh Muhammad al-Iraqi, known as "Minister al-Sadr", conveyed the latter's message, which "Nass" received a copy of (August 27, 2022), "that there is more important than dissolving parliament and holding early elections... and the most important thing is: the non-participation of all parties and personalities that I have participated in the political process since the US occupation in 2003 and to this day..with all its details leaders, ministers, employees and special ranks affiliated with the parties, but absolutely..including the Sadrist movement..I say that with full mouth.  

He added, "This is in place of all the initiatives that some are seeking, including the United Nations. Thank you. I am ready, within a maximum period of (72) hours, to sign an agreement that includes this, and from now on.. It cannot be said that this is achieved after the upcoming elections, nor that It is achieved in a bloody manner.  

He added, "If this is not achieved, then there is no room for reform.. Therefore, there is no need for me to interfere with what is happening in the future, neither with a tweet nor with anything else."

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 7

2022-08-27 09:12

Shafaq News/ A close associate of the leader of the Sadrist movement Muqtada al-Sadr, nicknamed "Minister of the Leader" Saleh Muhammad al-Iraqi, called on Saturday, not to participate in all political parties, including the same movement, in the upcoming elections and the formation of the government.

Al-Iraqi said in a tweet followed by Shafak News Agency, that "there is more important than dissolving parliament and holding early elections, and the most important is: the non-participation of all parties and personalities that have participated in the political process since the US occupation in 2003 and to this day, with all its details, leaders, ministers, employees and special degrees affiliated with it." For the parties, but absolutely, including the Sadrist movement.. I say that with full mouth.

He added, "This is in exchange for all the initiatives that some are seeking, including the United Nations, and I am grateful, and I am ready, within a maximum period of 72 hours, to sign an agreement that includes this, from now."

Al-Iraqi continued, "It is not said that this is achieved after the upcoming elections, nor that it be achieved in a bloody manner, and if this is not achieved, then there is no room for reform, and therefore there is no need for me to interfere with what is happening in the future, neither by tweeting nor by anything else."

The political process has witnessed a stifling support since the results of the last elections in October 2021 until now, which is more than ten months, as the Sadrist movement insists on forming the government before it without the participation of Shiite political parties in this, and on the other hand, the comprehensive coordination framework of Shiite forces stands Other Sunni and Kurdish blocs and independent representatives are in an anti-Sadr camp, where they stick to choosing a candidate from the largest Shiite blocs to form the government.

On July 30, the crisis reached its climax, when supporters of the Sadrist movement stormed the Green Zone and the House of Representatives, in which they have been camping so far, in refusal to nominate the coordinating framework, Muhammad Shia al-Sudani, to head the government.

• Upvote 4

Al-Sadr announces his readiness to sign a conditional agreement for a maximum period of 72 hours

727 Policy 2022/08/27 15:56 Baghdad today _

Najaf Today, Saturday, Saleh Muhammad al-Iraqi, known as "Minister al-Sadr," announced the readiness of the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, to sign a conditional agreement for a maximum period of 72 hours. The Minister of Al-Sadr said in a statement received by (Baghdad Today), that "there is more important than dissolving parliament and holding early elections." He added that "the most important thing is: the non-participation of all the parties and personalities that participated in the political process since the US occupation in 2003 to this day, with all its details leaders, ministers, employees and special ranks affiliated with the parties, but absolutely, including the Sadrist movement, I say that with full mouth." He added, "This is in exchange for all the initiatives that some are seeking, including the United Nations, with thanks," stressing, "I am ready, within a maximum period of (72) hours, to sign an agreement that includes that from now." And between: Not to say "that this is achieved after the upcoming elections, nor to be achieved in a bloody way." And he concluded, "If this is not achieved, there is no room for reform, and therefore there is no need for me to interfere with what is happening in the future, neither with a tweet nor with anything else."

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Today, Saturday, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, presented an initiative that he described as "more important than dissolving parliament and holding early elections."

In a statement received by Alsumaria News, "Saleh Muhammad Al-Iraqi" quoted Al-Sadr as saying: "There is something more important than dissolving parliament and holding early elections. The most important thing is: the non-participation of all parties and personalities that participated in the political process since the American occupation in 2003 and to this day." With all its details, leaders, ministers, employees, and special ranks affiliated with the parties, absolutely, including the Sadrist movement, say that with full mouth.

He added, "This, instead of all the initiatives that some are seeking, including the United Nations, thanks. I am ready, within a maximum period of (72) hours, to sign an agreement that includes this from now on."

Al-Sadr continued, "It is not to be said that this is achieved after the upcoming elections, nor to be achieved in a bloody manner. If this is not achieved, then there is no room for reform..Therefore, there is no need for me to interfere with what is happening in the future, neither with a tweet nor with anything else."

ExtImage-4523422-1305687296.jpg
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

%D9%85%D9%82%D8%AA%D8%AF%D9%89-%D8%A7%D9

Earth News/ Today, Saturday, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, retracted the decision to dissolve the parliament, while declaring his readiness within 72 hours to sign an agreement that includes the non-participation of all parties and personalities that have participated in the political process since 2003 to this day, including the Sadrist movement.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

Including the current.

"Minister Al-Sadr": The non-participation of all parties and personalities participating in the political process is more important than the early elections

•  Today, 15:54

upload_1661604976_1816368784.jpg

•  

Baghdad - IQ  

Saleh Muhammad al-Iraqi, known as the Minister of the Leader of the Sadrist Movement, said on Saturday (August 27, 2022) that the non-participation of parties and personalities in the political process is more important than early elections, including the Sadrist movement, while expressing his readiness to sign an agreement that includes this within a maximum period of three days.

The text of the statement of the "Minister of Al-Sadr" stated:

“There is more important than dissolving parliament and holding early elections.
The most important thing is: the non-participation of all the parties and personalities that have participated in the political process since the American occupation in 2003 to this day..with all its details, leaders, ministers, employees and special degrees affiliated with the parties, but absolutely..including the Sadrist movement..I say that with full mouth.
This, instead of all the initiatives that some are seeking, including the United Nations, is thankful.
And I am ready, within a maximum period of (72) hours, to sign an agreement that includes that from now on.
It is not said that this will be achieved after the upcoming elections, nor that it be achieved in a bloody way.
If this is not achieved, then there is no room for reform.. Therefore, there is no need for me to interfere with what is happening in the future, not by tweeting or by anything else.

On the authority of Salih Muhammad al-Iraqi.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

Al-Sadr's Minister Salih Muhammad Al-Iraqi called for the participation of political parties and personalities and all their joints since 2003 in the early elections, while the Sadrist movement was not excluded from this call.
Al-Iraqi tweeted:

There is more important than dissolving parliament and holding early elections.
The most important thing is: the non-participation of all the parties and personalities that participated in the political process since the American occupation in 2003 until today..with all its details leaders, ministers, employees and special ranks affiliated with the parties, but absolutely..including the Sadrist movement..I say that with full mouth.
This, instead of all the initiatives that some people are seeking, including the United Nations, are thankful for.
I am ready, within a maximum period of (72) hours, to sign an agreement that includes this, from now on.
It is not said that this will be achieved after the upcoming elections, nor that it be achieved in a bloody way.
If this is not achieved, then there is no room for reform.. Therefore, there is no need for me to interfere with what is happening in the future, not by tweeting or by anything else.

About him: Salih Muhammad Al-Iraqi

image.php?token=f0ccae4d7363050d077f3412
  • Upvote 3

Iraq.. New conditions for al-Sadr regarding parties and personalities participating in the political process

Arab world news

Iraq.. New conditions for al-Sadr regarding parties and personalities participating in the political process

Today, Saturday, the leader of the Sadrist movement in Iraq, Muqtada al-Sadr, issued new conditions regarding the current developments in the country.

He said in a press statement that "there is more important than dissolving parliament and holding early elections, which is the non-participation of all parties and personalities that have participated in the political process since the US occupation in 2003 and to this day, with all its details, leaders, ministers, employees and special degrees affiliated with the parties, but absolutely, including the current. chest".

He added: "I say this with full mouth, and this is in lieu of all the initiatives that some are seeking, including the United Nations, thanks, and I am ready, within a maximum period of (72) hours, to sign an agreement that includes that from now."

He continued, "It is not said that this is achieved after the upcoming elections, nor that it be achieved in a bloody manner, and if this is not achieved, then there is no room for reform, and therefore there is no need for me to interfere with what is happening in the future, neither with a tweet nor with anything else."

Source: RT

• Upvote 3

Supporters of the Sadrist movement have been holding a sit-in in and around the parliament building for about a month Supporters of the Sadrist movement have been holding a sit-in in and around the parliament building for about a month

The Sadrist movement put forward, on Saturday, a new initiative to end the escalating political crisis in the country, stipulating that "all parties and political figures should not participate" in the upcoming elections.

A Facebook post for Muhammad al-Iraqi, who is close to the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, stated that the initiative calls for "not to involve all political parties and personalities that have participated in the political process since 2003 until now, including the Sadrist movement" in the upcoming elections.

He stressed that the personalities covered by this ban include "leaders, ministers, employees and special ranks affiliated with the parties."

Al-Iraqi said that "this demand is more important than the demand to dissolve parliament and hold early elections," adding that it would be a substitute for "all the initiatives sought by some, including the United Nations."

Al-Iraqi expressed Al-Sadr's readiness to sign an agreement that "guarantees this within a maximum period of 72 hours."

The Sadrist movement called, on Friday, the highest judicial authority in Iraq for the second time in less than a month, to dissolve parliament in the context of pressure on his political opponents.

Despite the passage of ten months since the legislative elections, the political forces are still unable to agree on the election of a new President of the Republic and the formation of a new government. 

The level of escalation between the Sadrist movement and the coordination framework has risen since late July, with the two sides exchanging pressure in the street and in statements, without things developing into violence. 

The Sadrist movement demands the dissolution of Parliament and the holding of early legislative elections, while the coordination framework wants to hold these elections, but with conditions, calling for the formation of a government before holding early elections. 

Supporters of the Sadrist movement have been holding a sit-in for about a month in and around the parliament building, while supporters of the Coordination Framework have been holding a sit-in since August 12 on a road leading to the fortified Green Zone in Baghdad.

• Upvote 3

In an interview with Dijla, political analyst Wissam Rashid confirmed that the initiative of the leader of the Sadrist movement, announced by Saleh Muhammad al-Iraqi, has torpedoed all the initiatives that were put forward since the beginning of the current political crisis.
Rashid added, that the conditions of Sadr's initiative have complicated the political scene because of his request not to participate in parties and entities since 2003, including the Sadrist movement, noting that the executive side includes the so-called "deep state" that political forces cannot give up, expecting that the parties' response will be rejected because they are not Ready to relinquish their entities and privileges,

Rasheed wondered how the new and alternative faces of the current political forces in all their colors would enter the political fray and the upcoming mechanisms, pointing out that most of these forces support the achievement of early elections, but after a year from now, as well as the need for more time. To take it, adding that al-Sadr's initiative can only be implemented through elections.

Rashid also said, that the upcoming elections will be held according to the current law, which most political forces reject, noting that the mechanism for implementing Al-Sadr's initiative will return the scene to square one.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

calendar.png 2022/08/27

views.png 1808

Baghdad / Al-Mawrid News

Today, Saturday, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, announced an initiative to solve the current political crisis in the country.

Al-Sadr's minister said in a statement, that there is more important than dissolving parliament and holding early elections.

He added that the most important thing is: "Not all parties and personalities that participated in the political process since the US occupation in 2003 until today, with all its details, leaders, ministers, employees and special ranks affiliated with the parties, but absolutely, including the Sadrist movement, I say that with full mouth."

And he added, "This is in exchange for all the initiatives that some are seeking, including the United Nations, with thanks," stressing, "I am ready, within a maximum period of 72 hours, to sign an agreement that includes that from now."

And between: "Achieving this after the upcoming elections, and not achieving it in a bloody way."

And he concluded, "If this is not achieved, there is no room for reform, and therefore there is no need for me to interfere with what is happening in the future, neither with a tweet nor with anything else."

thumb_1661605535569f00d0753d9719524293d0
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

The new generation comments on Al-Sadr's last tweet: Corruption parties are not only in Baghdad

political05:07 - 27/08/2022

Baghdad - Mawazine News

The New Generation Parliamentary Bloc commented, on Saturday, on the leader of the Sadrist movement's recent tweet, pointing out that corruption parties are not only in Baghdad.

"I hope this tweet includes the two ruling parties, the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan and the Kurdistan Democratic Party, because corruption parties are not only in Baghdad," said the bloc's head, Sarwa Abdul Wahed, in a tweet via Twitter followed by Mawazine News.

And Abdel Wahed added, "We need a clear tweet and an explicit name for the corrupt parties in the region."

Earlier today, Saturday, the head of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, called for the signing of an agreement to resolve the political crisis that would ensure that all political blocs, including the movement, would not participate.
Salih Muhammad al-Iraqi, nicknamed the Minister of al-Sadr, quoted the latter as saying: "There is something more important than dissolving parliament and holding early elections. The most important thing is: the non-participation of all parties and personalities that have participated in the political process since the US occupation in 2003 to this day... with all its details, leaders and ministers. And employees and special ranks affiliated with the parties, but absolutely..including the Sadrist movement..I say this with full mouth.This
, instead of all the initiatives for which some, including the United Nations, are seeking, are thankful.I
am ready, within a maximum period of 72 hours, to sign an agreement that includes this. From now on
, it cannot be said that this will be achieved after the upcoming elections, nor that it will be achieved in a bloody way.
On his authority, Salih Muhammad al-Iraqi. Ended 29/R77

• Upvote 1

Sadr gives 72 hour ultimatum to parties

18 minutes ago
IRAQIraqi Shiite cleric Muqtada al-SAdr speaks during a press conference in Najaf on November 18, 2021. File photo: AP
Iraqi Shiite cleric Muqtada al-SAdr speaks during a press conference in Najaf on November 18, 2021. File photo: AP
ERBIL, Kurdistan Region – Iraq’s Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr on Saturday gave a three day ultimatum to Iraqi political parties, saying he would sign an agreement only with people that have not been a part of the government since 2003.

“There is something more important than dissolving the parliament and holding early elections, and the most important thing is: the non-participation of all parties and personalities that have participated in the political process since the American occupation in 2003 until today,” read a statement from Salih Mohammed al-Iraqi, a figure close to Sadr, adding that such principle also applies for the Sadrists.

The statement set a deadline of 72 hours, during which Sadr would sign an agreement with parties that are interested in his initiative.

“If this is not achieved, then there is no room for reform, and therefore there will be no need for me to interfere with what happens in the future, with a tweet or otherwise,” the statement added.

Sadrist supporters expanded their protests towards the gates of the Supreme Judicial Council building on Tuesday, after a request from Sadr to dissolve the current parliament was rejected by the judiciary, saying the body lacks the authority to interfere in legislative or executive matters.

The situation escalated late last month after supporters of both sides organized large demonstrations in Baghdad and Sadr loyalists stormed the Iraqi parliament. Supporters of the latter continue to stage sit-ins outside the Green Zone.

Iraq held snap parliamentary elections in October but disagreements prevented political parties from electing a president and a prime minister for the country.

Sadr, whose movement became the kingmakers of the vote by winning 73 seats, ordered all of his parliamentarians to resign from the parliament in June, making the pro-Iran Coordination Framework the largest coalition.

Supporters of the Shiite cleric labeled the Coordination Framework's pick for PM as "corrupt" and accused him of having close ties to former premier Nouri al-Maliki.

Iraq is currently experiencing a record period without a government as the country has passed ten months without a new cabinet.
  • Upvote 2

The Sadrists have been protesting for about a month in front of the House of Representatives to prevent the coordination framework from forming the government 

Kurdistan24 Erbil 

The Sadrists and supporters of the coordination framework are still racing to escalate through pressure in the street and the media
The Sadrists and supporters of the coordination framework are still racing to escalate through pressure in the street and the media

Erbil (Kurdistan 24) - The leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, put forward a proposal, which he considered "more important" than dissolving parliament, represented by signing an agreement stipulating that all political forces, including the Sadrists, not participate in the elections.

Iraq has witnessed an unprecedented political stalemate since the inconclusive parliamentary elections held in October 2021, in which the Sadrists won, but they were unable to form a government.

Al-Sadr said, according to his representative, Muhammad Salih al-Iraqi, on Twitter that "there is more important than dissolving parliament and holding early elections, which is the non-participation of all parties and personalities that have participated in the political process since the US occupation in 2003 and to this day."

He added that this includes "all leaders, ministers, employees and special ranks of the parties, including the Sadrist movement", considering that an alternative to all initiatives, especially the United Nations initiative.

He continued, "I am ready, within a maximum period of 72 hours, to sign an agreement that includes this, and from now... If this is not achieved, there is no room for reform... Therefore, there is no need for me to interfere with what is happening in the future, neither with a tweet nor with anything else."

Although nearly a year has passed since the elections, the political forces have not succeeded in agreeing to elect a new president and form a government.

Sadrists and supporters of the coordination framework are still racing to escalate through pressure in the street and the media, without this developing into violence.

The Sadrists demand the dissolution of parliament and the holding of early legislative elections, but the coordination framework rejects this and demands the formation of a government before moving towards early elections.

The Sadrists have been protesting for about a month in front of the House of Representatives to prevent the coordination framework from forming the government, while the frameworks have been holding a sit-in since August 12 on a road leading to the Green Zone through the suspension bridge in Baghdad.

On August 10, al-Sadr demanded the dissolution of Parliament within a week, but the judiciary later said that it did not have this authority. The Federal Court is expected to hold a hearing within three days to consider that claim.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Doesn't Ole Tater own the Courts...I know, it's a rhetorical question. 

I understand the demands of the Sadr Camp & the staunch dig your heels in, unwillingness of the Corrupt Tater Camp.

Cleaning up this Swamp is nothing short of a Herculean task.

I'm expecting the Courts to throw out the dissolution of Parliament case with Feeble Excuses at the ready.

I'd love to be proven wrong on this. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Rochester said:

I wonder what he has in mind? Does Sadr have a deal with the military, behind everyone's back? Is he going to overthrow the government? Install a theocracy? Fan, meet Shiite. :easyrider:Enjoy the ride. 

Democracy does not work in Iraq…too much corruption.  A theocracy would be good in theory—until the well intentioned leader dies or is assassinated/overthrown by Iran and then they are in a worse situation. 

The Bible tells us that before the prophesied Second Coming of Jesus Christ, all nations will be gathered against Israel in battle (Armageddon). My guess is this means Arabs vs Jews. If Iraq is overrun by Iran, it just speeds up the inevitable. But what do I know. Just conjecture. 

• Upvote 6

Ghayeb Al-Amiri explains the last part of Al-Sadr's statement: I will never regret it  

Baghdad - people  

On Saturday, the former deputy and a leader in the Sadrist movement, Ghayeb al-Amiri, explained the last part that was contained in the statement of the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr.  

Al-Amiri said in a statement that “Nass” received a copy of (August 27, 2022), that “here he proves his sincerity as every time, he is (Ibn al-Sadr al-Sadiq) and he launches an invitation that shortens all initiatives and closes the door on every shy or incomplete initiative in the coming days.” .  

He added, "He gives up everything for the sake of Iraq and its people, with unique courage and genius...to make way for a new Iraqi generation to lead the next stage."  

And the leader of the Sadrist movement continued, "With his morals and his highness, he cuts off the sedition that he desires and desires, with a war between the sons of the homeland that does not happen against their will, with the presence of the honorable reference and the master of peace al-Sadr.."  

Al-Amiri continued, "All parties should thank God Almighty for the presence of the author of this tweet, who opened an outlet for them to implement from what was left for them, for he is a generous brother and a generous nephew."  

And the leader of the Sadrist movement added, "The interruption of tweeting and its absence will be for the avenging people to say, 'Oh, and when you regret it.'  

And the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, announced, earlier today, Saturday, his readiness to conclude a new agreement, with conditions.  

Saleh Muhammad al-Iraqi, known as "Minister al-Sadr", conveyed the latter's message, which "Nass" received a copy of (August 27, 2022), "that there is more important than dissolving parliament and holding early elections... and the most important thing is: the non-participation of all parties and personalities that I have participated in the political process since the US occupation in 2003 until today... with all its details leaders, ministers, employees and special ranks affiliated with the parties, but absolutely... including the Sadrist movement... I say that with full mouth."        

He added, "This is in place of all the initiatives that some are seeking, including the United Nations. Thank you. I am ready, within a maximum period of (72) hours, to sign an agreement that includes this, and from now on.. It cannot be said that this is achieved after the upcoming elections, nor that It is achieved in a bloody manner.        

And he continued, "If this is not achieved, then there is no room for reform.. Therefore, there is no need for me to interfere with what is happening in the future, neither by tweeting nor by anything else."       

me_ga.php?id=40692

Basem Khashan on Al-Sadr's initiative: This is what the people desire

Baghdad - people    

On Saturday, MP Basem Khashan commented on the recent initiative put forward by the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, noting that it is "what the people wish."   

Khashan said in a post followed by "Nass" (August 27, 2022), "I am ready to sign Muqtada's "agreement" after enough time to cover the distance from my place of residence to Hananah, and I call on all Shiite, Kurdish, Sunni and minority parties, as well as independents and emerging parties to sign On it, and this is what most of the people wish for, and I have no doubts about that. Will those who wish to sign this agreement find a Muqtada waiting for them?”  

He added, "Muqtada is not naive to count the minutes and hours while waiting for the political parties and blocs to rush to tenderness in response to his call, so why does he invite the parties to what he knows they will not respond to?"  

And he continued, "The clear truth is that Saleh Muhammad al-Iraqi's tweet is not a call for the parties to dissolve themselves and refrain on their own from participating in the political process. before the parties.  

And he continued, "Muqtada's late retreat is better than prolonging chaos, and I appreciate Al-Sadr's concern for the safety of people, and I appreciate his adherence to peacefulness as he deserves it, because the alternative to retreat is loss!"  

And the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, announced, earlier today, Saturday, his readiness to conclude a new agreement, with conditions.  

Saleh Muhammad al-Iraqi, known as "Minister al-Sadr", conveyed the latter's message, which "Nass" received a copy of (August 27, 2022), "that there is more important than dissolving parliament and holding early elections... and the most important thing is: the non-participation of all parties and personalities that I have participated in the political process since the US occupation in 2003 until today... with all its details leaders, ministers, employees and special ranks affiliated with the parties, but absolutely... including the Sadrist movement... I say that with full mouth."          

And he continued, "If this is not achieved, then there is no room for reform.. Therefore, there is no need for me to interfere with what is happening in the future, neither by tweeting nor by anything else."       

me_ga.php?id=40692

The Sadrist movement disavows "Uruk News" and "Al-Jeddar News"

Baghdad - people  

Today, Saturday, the private office of the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, issued a warning against “suspicious” media platforms.  

The private office said in a statement received by "Nass" (August 27, 2022), that "there are some suspicious media platforms in the media that are trying to create a state of chaos, including (Al-Jedar News) and (Uruk News), which are platforms that do not represent the Sadrist movement and the revolution."  

me_ga.php?id=40703