Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I was wrong about Trump

1 hour ago, huffy2005 said:

Posted on August 26, 2022 By M.B. Mathews
American Thinker

I recently wrote a column about why I believed Trump should not run in 2024. I was wrong. I allowed my distaste for Trump’s personality to override his virtues, which are considerable. Some people want Trump without his vices. I was among them — until yesterday, when I watched and listened to Tom Klingenstein’s speech titled “Trump’s virtues.”  It was masterful and shamed me that I did not make the distinction between Trump’s character and his virtues, the former being deeply flawed, the latter being almost perfect. I need to man up in my defense of the former President’s virtues. The speech was among the most pointed I have heard and deserves some exposure. Klingenstein says:

Other Republicans say some version of “I like Trump policies but I don’t like the rest of him.” This gets it almost backwards. Although Trump advanced many important policies, it is the ‘rest of him’ that contains the virtue that inspires the movement… Trump was born for the current crisis, a life and death struggle against a totalitarian enemy I call woke communism… that control all the cultural and economic powers in America…

[Trump] revealed, not caused, the divide in this country. In war, you must make a stand… Trump is a manly man… traditional manhood, even when flawed, is absolutely essential… Trump plays to win… There are no clean hands in a fistfight…Trump is unreservedly, unquestionably pro-America… Trump is a refreshing break from the guilt and self-loathing that marks our age…

It is anti-Americanism that makes so many of us very angry: The Left have trashed America’s Founding and her history to the point where some believe it virtuous to hate America. Rather than advocating forgiveness for sins, the Left are advocating hair shirts, self-flagellation, and perpetual guilt. It is un-American and certainly un-Christian.

Trump thinks we can vanquish all comers if we just put our minds to it, and he’s right… Courage never demands perfection… Trump over and over said exactly what political correctness prohibits one from saying… Trump said Haiti is a shithole and that representative Maxine Waters has a low IQ. These were not racist lies. They were uncouth, politically incorrect observations that most of us would agree with but would not dare say.

7_91_9.gifIn 2016, we loved Trump for his outspokenness. But many seem to have changed their minds without cause; Trump is the same today as he was before he was elected. The very things we disdain today are the things that made him the man for our time.

From morning to night, we were told that Trump is a racist. But endless repetition does not make it true. It isn’t. Trump’s contempt for political correctness showed patriotic Americans that its ever-tightening grip could be loosened… It is difficult to overestimate the significance of Trump’s fight against political correctness, a fight which most Republicans are reluctant to engage… Trump treated the woke media with the same contempt he treated political correctness, provoking their outrage and revealing their utter corruption… it must be defeated.

I take back my unwillingness to engage Trump on his own terms. It is the Left, not we, who are politically correct. They are the ones restricting speech, cancelling and censoring, not we on the Right.

Unlike most politicians, when Trump sees a problem, he goes out and fixes it. He fixed our porous borders. He moved our Israeli embassy to Jerusalem after decades of inaction. He eliminated hate-America critical race theory in his administrative agency. He developed a vaccine in record time. He achieved energy independence and much, much more.

His accomplishments far outweigh his personality quirks. No other president did so much in so little time.

Trump smoked rats out of hiding places. Because of Trump we know our intelligence agencies are corrupt. We know also that the mainstream media is not just biased, that it is the propaganda arm of the Democratic party.

239556_5_.jpgHad it not been for the vehement and irrational hatred of Trump, we never would have discovered that our own security and intelligence structures are compromised. I blame #NeverTrumpers for corrupting these Agencies. This unprecedented breach of the very security of this nation is unprecedented and deeply dangerous, leaving us open to the espionage of courtesans who prey on politicians who think with their private parts.

A large part of Trump’s appeal was that he was a bona fide outsider. He distrusted the experts who believe they knew better than the average American how to run the country. This distrust was appealing to Trump’s base who believed, and with good reason, that is the experts who created the despotic mess in which we find ourselves.

We always knew but never had anyone champion that we, not the Swamp, knew better how to manage our money, our time, our personal lives, our resources and our families. In their authoritarian mindsets, the Left wanted to take over all these very personal, uniquely American functions and replace it with governmental overreach. They nearly got their wish, had it not been for COVID’s home zoom classes where we found out that very young children are being sexualized, perverted, deliberately alienated from their parents and taught to hate America and white people.

…They know that Republicans will lose all further elections until they get to the bottom of the last one.

This most sensitive area of politics is a disaster. I believe the election was stolen and millions of others do. We now have evidence from many quarters that this is so. It cannot be permitted a repeat or there will be severe repercussions that will dwarf the current ones.

Some will say that Trump is a bad man and that disqualifies him. I do not think Trump is a bad man, but for those who do I remind them that a bad man in some circumstances can be a good president. If you’re dying of thirst and there is only one person offering you water, you accept the water gratefully without much concern for the character of your rescuer.

We wanted Trump not only to fix things; we wanted him to be perfect while doing it. That is unrealistic in the average family, the average relationship, the average business and the average political or cultural milieu. Yet some of us wanted Trump to be perfect enough to invite to tea. He is not that man. But he is the man for our tumultuous times.

This enumeration of Trump’s virtues does not fully capture his uncommon courage and firmness of purpose. Trump is the most towering political figure in living memory… Trump inspired a movement. If properly deployed this movement might challenge the woke-comms, and God willing, save the country.

These very things are what the Left hate, yet it is not their favor we need to care about. They will not embrace anyone on the Republican ticket and certainly not one they cannot bully. We need to stop worrying about acceptance of our candidates by the Left or they will have won.

Republicans, however, should not forget that it is his support system" rel="">support and the spirit they embrace that have become the life force of the Republican party. Among the talked-about alternatives to Trump I have not yet seen anyone who possesses or even understands Trump’s virtues. Nor have I seen anyone with his backbone and fortitude. One does not appreciate the strength of relentless gale-force winds until one is in the eye of the storm.

…which is exactly where Trump and we are at this moment. We have to prepare for the gale-force winds we will encounter. To not do this is to ignore the lessons of the recent past and it will be forever to our sorrow to ignore them.

His virtue must be the standard by which we judge other candidates.

Amen and amen. We don’t have to like his personality but his virtues far outweigh it. I humbly stand corrected and offer my mea culpa.

Welcome to the Trump party.

My dad asked me years ago before I voted for the first time. Why are you a Republican.? I said because Democrats are corrupt. He told me Republicans are too. The only thing is Democrats want a bigger government and a higher spending which means less money in our pockets and more control over us.

No one is perfect including our President Trump but he loves our country and he cannot be bought off like the one world order people like Biden and many others around the world. The government controlled by George Soros and others have been preparing us for many years through the indoctrination of our children in schools and unions. They taught us not to be proud of our country not to say the Pledge of Allegiance and to push God away. if you do some research besides just listening to mainstream media you will see the actual things that Trump said we’re off the cuff and not on a Teleprompter and they really weren’t as bad as they say he was. If he called a woman something bad it was for that individual and he was pissed off because he was badmouthed himself and he was just fighting back. When he was talking about the illegal Boarder crossers, about how Mexico is sending over criminals and thieves that was not for all of them but you could imagine they don’t wanna send their best. Do some research and you will see he has our best interest at heart. And you will see the ones that are bad mouthing him are on the take and for one world order, which Trump is completely against.

Goooo President Trump, God please keep him safe and God bless America.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1
  • Pow! 7

anybody that voted for a puppet deserves what they get! but for now i wont fight, i have to bury my dear old dad 88 years old sunday! mom died a month ago , i pray that somthing good happens soon, my life as a fighter is getting dim, i had a hard life and had to raise my kids alone after there mom died 2005, the year i bought dinars, now im in bad shape but God has my back, so i will fight till my end! be blessed my patriot friends and always know who your redeemer is!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 4

As far as any leadership of any country goes....it shouldn't be based on a personality contest.

What are the core values?

Do they follow the Constiution?.....Is the agenda all about "We the People"?

In those regards Trump was pretty good.....Biden with 2 years to go has some room for improvement!    CL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 3

15 minutes ago, coorslite21 said:

As far as any leadership of any country goes....it shouldn't be based on a personality contest.

What are the core values?

Do they follow the Constiution?.....Is the agenda all about "We the People"?

In those regards Trump was pretty good.....Biden with 2 years to go has some room for improvement!    CL

Biden "Has some improvement"?  I don't think so.  His mind is deteriorating and very soon he needs to go to homecare facility for care. lol 

• Haha 2
  • Pow! 4

15 hours ago, T B said:

anybody that voted for a puppet deserves what they get! but for now i wont fight, i have to bury my dear old dad 88 years old sunday! mom died a month ago , i pray that somthing good happens soon, my life as a fighter is getting dim, i had a hard life and had to raise my kids alone after there mom died 2005, the year i bought dinars, now im in bad shape but God has my back, so i will fight till my end! be blessed my patriot friends and always know who your redeemer is!

I pray your latter days are more blessed than your former days. Keep your feet on the ground and your spirit in heavenly places. God will not fail you, leave you, nor forsake you. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

On 8/26/2022 at 10:39 AM, huffy2005 said:

Posted on August 26, 2022 By M.B. Mathews
American Thinker

I recently wrote a column about why I believed Trump should not run in 2024. I was wrong. I allowed my distaste for Trump’s personality to override his virtues, which are considerable. Some people want Trump without his vices. I was among them — until yesterday, when I watched and listened to Tom Klingenstein’s speech titled “Trump’s virtues.”  It was masterful and shamed me that I did not make the distinction between Trump’s character and his virtues, the former being deeply flawed, the latter being almost perfect. I need to man up in my defense of the former President’s virtues. The speech was among the most pointed I have heard and deserves some exposure. Klingenstein says:

Other Republicans say some version of “I like Trump policies but I don’t like the rest of him.” This gets it almost backwards. Although Trump advanced many important policies, it is the ‘rest of him’ that contains the virtue that inspires the movement… Trump was born for the current crisis, a life and death struggle against a totalitarian enemy I call woke communism… that control all the cultural and economic powers in America…

[Trump] revealed, not caused, the divide in this country. In war, you must make a stand… Trump is a manly man… traditional manhood, even when flawed, is absolutely essential… Trump plays to win… There are no clean hands in a fistfight…Trump is unreservedly, unquestionably pro-America… Trump is a refreshing break from the guilt and self-loathing that marks our age…

It is anti-Americanism that makes so many of us very angry: The Left have trashed America’s Founding and her history to the point where some believe it virtuous to hate America. Rather than advocating forgiveness for sins, the Left are advocating hair shirts, self-flagellation, and perpetual guilt. It is un-American and certainly un-Christian.

Trump thinks we can vanquish all comers if we just put our minds to it, and he’s right… Courage never demands perfection… Trump over and over said exactly what political correctness prohibits one from saying… Trump said Haiti is a shithole and that representative Maxine Waters has a low IQ. These were not racist lies. They were uncouth, politically incorrect observations that most of us would agree with but would not dare say.

7_91_9.gifIn 2016, we loved Trump for his outspokenness. But many seem to have changed their minds without cause; Trump is the same today as he was before he was elected. The very things we disdain today are the things that made him the man for our time.

From morning to night, we were told that Trump is a racist. But endless repetition does not make it true. It isn’t. Trump’s contempt for political correctness showed patriotic Americans that its ever-tightening grip could be loosened… It is difficult to overestimate the significance of Trump’s fight against political correctness, a fight which most Republicans are reluctant to engage… Trump treated the woke media with the same contempt he treated political correctness, provoking their outrage and revealing their utter corruption… it must be defeated.

I take back my unwillingness to engage Trump on his own terms. It is the Left, not we, who are politically correct. They are the ones restricting speech, cancelling and censoring, not we on the Right.

Unlike most politicians, when Trump sees a problem, he goes out and fixes it. He fixed our porous borders. He moved our Israeli embassy to Jerusalem after decades of inaction. He eliminated hate-America critical race theory in his administrative agency. He developed a vaccine in record time. He achieved energy independence and much, much more.

His accomplishments far outweigh his personality quirks. No other president did so much in so little time.

Trump smoked rats out of hiding places. Because of Trump we know our intelligence agencies are corrupt. We know also that the mainstream media is not just biased, that it is the propaganda arm of the Democratic party.

239556_5_.jpgHad it not been for the vehement and irrational hatred of Trump, we never would have discovered that our own security and intelligence structures are compromised. I blame #NeverTrumpers for corrupting these Agencies. This unprecedented breach of the very security of this nation is unprecedented and deeply dangerous, leaving us open to the espionage of courtesans who prey on politicians who think with their private parts.

A large part of Trump’s appeal was that he was a bona fide outsider. He distrusted the experts who believe they knew better than the average American how to run the country. This distrust was appealing to Trump’s base who believed, and with good reason, that is the experts who created the despotic mess in which we find ourselves.

We always knew but never had anyone champion that we, not the Swamp, knew better how to manage our money, our time, our personal lives, our resources and our families. In their authoritarian mindsets, the Left wanted to take over all these very personal, uniquely American functions and replace it with governmental overreach. They nearly got their wish, had it not been for COVID’s home zoom classes where we found out that very young children are being sexualized, perverted, deliberately alienated from their parents and taught to hate America and white people.

…They know that Republicans will lose all further elections until they get to the bottom of the last one.

This most sensitive area of politics is a disaster. I believe the election was stolen and millions of others do. We now have evidence from many quarters that this is so. It cannot be permitted a repeat or there will be severe repercussions that will dwarf the current ones.

Some will say that Trump is a bad man and that disqualifies him. I do not think Trump is a bad man, but for those who do I remind them that a bad man in some circumstances can be a good president. If you’re dying of thirst and there is only one person offering you water, you accept the water gratefully without much concern for the character of your rescuer.

We wanted Trump not only to fix things; we wanted him to be perfect while doing it. That is unrealistic in the average family, the average relationship, the average business and the average political or cultural milieu. Yet some of us wanted Trump to be perfect enough to invite to tea. He is not that man. But he is the man for our tumultuous times.

This enumeration of Trump’s virtues does not fully capture his uncommon courage and firmness of purpose. Trump is the most towering political figure in living memory… Trump inspired a movement. If properly deployed this movement might challenge the woke-comms, and God willing, save the country.

These very things are what the Left hate, yet it is not their favor we need to care about. They will not embrace anyone on the Republican ticket and certainly not one they cannot bully. We need to stop worrying about acceptance of our candidates by the Left or they will have won.

Republicans, however, should not forget that it is his support system">support and the spirit they embrace that have become the life force of the Republican party. Among the talked-about alternatives to Trump I have not yet seen anyone who possesses or even understands Trump’s virtues. Nor have I seen anyone with his backbone and fortitude. One does not appreciate the strength of relentless gale-force winds until one is in the eye of the storm.

…which is exactly where Trump and we are at this moment. We have to prepare for the gale-force winds we will encounter. To not do this is to ignore the lessons of the recent past and it will be forever to our sorrow to ignore them.

His virtue must be the standard by which we judge other candidates.

Amen and amen. We don’t have to like his personality but his virtues far outweigh it. I humbly stand corrected and offer my mea culpa.

The United States was like a ship going over a waterfall of socialism, communism, paganism and godlessness to its utter destruction and Trump was the anchor that held us from going over even to the point of turning us around. Now this fake president and the traitorous democratic party has us back on the precipice of going back over. Trump will once again anchor and turn us back around only this time he will have a majority of true American patriots in positions that will stir the headwinds to help him save our country. The power of the Dems and Rinos will be diminished though the daily hate and attacks by the communist mainstream Soros owned media will continue their 24/7 gnashing of teeth from the outer darkness in which they reside. But even their voices will be as hollow as a dying echo in the Grand Canyon while their repetitive programmed talking points fall on deaf ears of the true Americans who are resolved to take back and keep our country a shining great light on the hill of freedom for all the world to envy, emulate, and desire to live here.

We need Trump more now than the first time he ran. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Pow! 11

On 8/27/2022 at 5:01 PM, keylime said:

The United States was like a ship going over a waterfall of socialism, communism, paganism and godlessness to its utter destruction and Trump was the anchor that held us from going over even to the point of turning us around. Now this fake president and the traitorous democratic party has us back on the precipice of going back over. Trump will once again anchor and turn us back around only this time he will have a majority of true American patriots in positions that will stir the headwinds to help him save our country. The power of the Dems and Rinos will be diminished though the daily hate and attacks by the communist mainstream Soros owned media will continue their 24/7 gnashing of teeth from the outer darkness in which they reside. But even their voices will be as hollow as a dying echo in the Grand Canyon while their repetitive programmed talking points fall on deaf ears of the true Americans who are resolved to take back and keep our country a shining great light on the hill of freedom for all the world to envy, emulate, and desire to live here.

We need Trump more now than the first time he ran. 

CEF13FEE-1DBB-4398-97DC-C66DF83F22BE.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Pow! 4

Shabby strikes again with her red ruby. I know it pains her to throw it up being that the color is red. Perhaps, Shabby, you can email Adam and see if he can provide you with your very own left wing blue down arrow. Or maybe a blue arrow that points to the left. 

• Like 1
  • Pow! 7

5 minutes ago, keylime said:

Shabby strikes again with her red ruby. I know it pains her to throw it up being that the color is red. Perhaps, Shabby, you can email Adam and see if he can provide you with your very own left wing blue down arrow. Or maybe a blue arrow that points to the left. 

💥💥💥Boom💥💥💥😂🤣😂🤣

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 3

On 8/28/2022 at 9:08 AM, T B said:

AMEN MY FREIND, YOUR WORDS ARE TRUE, MAY GOD OPEN EYES FOR ALL THE WORLD TO SEE IT IS HE WE TRUST, THANK FATHER GOD FOR MY PRESIDENT TRUMP!  NOW I GO TO BURY MY DAD TODAY, HE IS PRAISING GOD WITH MOM NOW! I ALREADY  KNOW!

Once your Father is buried and you take some time to mourn, my hope for you would be that everytime you think of him it brings a smile to your face and a warmth to your heart for the life he lead and the memories you have of him. We will ALL have to answer when the roll is called up yonder!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1