Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Details of the meeting of the Prime Minister of Kurdistan and Hadi al-Amiri in Erbil (photos)

yota691

1 hour ago, BETTYBOOP said:

Some guru has claimed Kadhemi will be put in place this Saturday for 2 terms. I hope he is right cause he appears to be the best hope for the country and our investment. I find it interesting that he has just got on with the job and not entered the arguments that I know off.... maybe he knows something we dont

I would like to see the proof of that but then again, it's coming from a guru, so take it for what its worth. Let me guess, it came from a prophet...

Edited by jake21
  • Pow! 1

The seat of the Iraqi parliament is in the capital, Baghdad.  Archives The seat of the Iraqi parliament is in the capital, Baghdad. Archives

The coordination framework, the most prominent Shiite alliance in the Iraqi parliament, announced, on Monday, the nomination of Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for the position of prime minister, in the context of a political crisis that has been going on for nine months.

The framework, which includes Shiite blocs, most notably the State of Law led by former Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and the Fatah bloc representing the pro-Iranian Popular Mobilization factions, named the current deputy, minister and former governor, Muhammad Shia al-Sudani, who emerged from the traditional political class, as its candidate.

On Monday, the framework held “a meeting to choose its candidate for prime minister,” according to a statement issued by it, and “in a positive atmosphere, the leaders of the coordination framework agreed unanimously to nominate Mr. Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for prime minister.”

The reaction of the Shiite cleric and influential political figure in Iraq, Muqtada al-Sadr, who is still influential on the political scene, is now awaited even though his current is no longer represented in Parliament. The Sadrist movement's 73 deputies resigned last June from parliament, after they occupied the largest number of seats in it.

It is now assumed, after announcing the coordination framework, that a parliament session will be held initially to elect a President of the Republic, to complete the constitutional dues, in order to officially proceed with Al-Sudani's nomination to head the government.

But so far, there is no consensus yet on the name of the president of the republic between the two major Kurdish parties.

Since the country's first multiple elections in 2005 and organized after the US intervention that led to the fall of Saddam Hussein's regime in 2003, the position of President of the Republic traditionally belongs to the Kurds, while the Shiites hold the prime ministership, and the Sunnis the parliament.

Iraq was not able to get out of the political crisis nine months after the early parliamentary elections in October 2021, which came to absorb popular anger following unprecedented demonstrations.

The political path is often complex and long in Iraq, due to severe divisions, multiple crises and the influence of powerful armed groups.

Al-Sudani, 52, was a former member of the Dawa Party, the Iraq Organization, and the State of Law coalition led by former Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, before resigning from them when his name was put forward as a candidate for prime minister in 2019. But his name was rejected by the demonstrators at the time.

Al-Sudani won membership in the Iraqi Council of Representatives 3 times, most recently in 2021, and held ministerial positions, as he was Minister of Labor and Social Affairs between 2014 and 2018, and Minister of Human Rights between 2010 and 2014, according to a biography issued by his office. He also held the position of governor of Maysan, located in southern Iraq.

AFP

A comment from the “National House” coinciding with Al-Sudani’s nomination: We will not stand idly by

Baghdad - people  

The Secretary-General of the National House, Hussein Al-Ghurabi, commented on Monday, the day after the nomination of the coordination framework of Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for prime minister.  

Al-Ghurabi said in a post followed by "Nass" (July 25, 2022), "No good will come to Iraq from the framework, and we will not stand idly by regarding their control of the country again."  

me_ga.php?id=39294  

The coordination framework announced, earlier today, Monday, the nomination of the head of the Euphrates Alliance, Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani, for the post of prime minister.  

The framework secretariat said in its statement received by "Nass" (July 25, 2022), that "the coordinating framework held today, Monday, a meeting to choose its candidate for prime minister, and in a positive atmosphere, and the leaders of the coordination framework agreed unanimously to nominate Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for prime minister."    

Earlier, the leader in the coordination framework, Ahmed Al-Asadi, announced the latter's unanimous nomination of Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for prime minister.  

Al-Asadi said in a blog post followed by "Nass" (July 25, 2022), "We congratulate our brother Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for his unanimous choice of the coordination framework as a candidate for prime minister."      

me_ga.php?id=39289  

In addition, a number of Sudanese politicians and representatives congratulated him for his candidacy for the presidency of the Council of Ministers:      

me_ga.php?id=39290  

me_ga.php?id=39292

Qais Al-Khazali comments on Al-Sudani's candidacy for prime minister

Baghdad - people  

On Monday, the Secretary-General of Asa'ib Ahl al-Haq, Qais Khazali, commented on the nomination of Muhammad Shia'a al-Sudani for the position of prime minister.  

Al-Khazali said in a statement received by “Nass” a copy of it (July 25, 2022), “The person of the Prime Minister is important and brother Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani is good, but the most important thing is that we have agreed unanimously and we are waiting for the others to agree.”    

me_ga.php?id=39293  

The coordination framework announced, earlier today, Monday, the nomination of the head of the Euphrates Alliance, Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani, for the post of prime minister.  

The framework secretariat said in its statement, which was received by "Nass", that "the coordination framework held today, Monday, a meeting to choose its candidate for prime minister, and in a positive atmosphere, and the leaders of the coordination framework agreed unanimously to nominate Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for prime minister."    

Earlier, the leader in the coordination framework, Ahmed Al-Asadi, announced the latter's unanimous nomination of Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for prime minister.  

"We congratulate our brother Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for his unanimous choice of the coordinating framework as a candidate for prime minister," Al-Asadi said in a post followed by "Nass."       

me_ga.php?id=39289  

In addition, a number of Sudanese politicians and representatives congratulated him for his candidacy for the presidency of the Council of Ministers:      

me_ga.php?id=39290  

me_ga.php?id=39292

After the announcement of Al-Sudani's candidacy, Hanan Al-Fatlawi invites the Kurds

Baghdad - people  

On Monday, Representative Hanan Al-Fatlawi sent a message to the Kurdish forces, shortly after the nomination of Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani by the coordination framework for the prime minister.  

Al-Fatlawi said in a tweet on "Twitter" followed by "Nas" (July 25, 2022), "We call on the hands of all our brothers in the framework to choose one candidate and unanimously, and we wish the Sudanese brother success and success to achieve the aspirations of the Iraqi street."  

She added, "We hope that the Kurdish brothers will agree on one candidate as soon as possible to complete the formation of the long-awaited government."  

Earlier today, the Secretary-General of Asa'ib Ahl al-Haq, Qais Khazali, commented on the nomination of Muhammad Shia al-Sudani for the position of prime minister.  

Al-Khazali said in a statement received by “Nass” a copy of it (July 25, 2022), “The person of the Prime Minister is important and brother Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani is good, but the most important thing is that we have agreed unanimously and we are waiting for the others to agree.”  

me_ga.php?id=39293  

The framework secretariat said in its statement, which was received by "Nass", that "the coordination framework held today, Monday, a meeting to choose its candidate for prime minister, and in a positive atmosphere, and the leaders of the coordination framework agreed unanimously to nominate Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for prime minister."      

"We congratulate our brother Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for his unanimous choice of the coordinating framework as a candidate for prime minister," Al-Asadi said in a post followed by "Nass."    

me_ga.php?id=39289  

me_ga.php?id=39290me_ga.php?id=39292

After the nomination of the Sudanese

Comment from Barzani's headquarters regarding the presidency

2022.07.25 - 16:53
Comment from Barzani's headquarters regarding the presidency

Baghdad - people   

On Monday, Barzani's headquarters renewed his adherence to Briber Ahmed as a candidate for the presidency, at a time when the coordination framework decided his candidate for prime minister.  

The official in charge of the Iraq file at Barzani's headquarters, Arafat Karam, said in a brief post that "Nass" received a copy of (July 25, 2022), "Our position is consistent with regard to our candidate for the presidency."  

me_ga.php?id=39296  

The framework secretariat said in its statement received by "Nass" (July 25, 2022), that "the coordinating framework held today, Monday, a meeting to choose its candidate for prime minister, and in a positive atmosphere, and the leaders of the coordination framework agreed unanimously to nominate Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for prime minister."    

Al-Asadi said in a blog post followed by "Nass" (July 25, 2022), "We congratulate our brother Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for his unanimous choice of the coordination framework as a candidate for prime minister."      

me_ga.php?id=39289  

me_ga.php?id=39290  

me_ga.php?id=39292

“Al-Azm” announces its position on the nomination of the Sudanese prime minister by the coordination framework

Baghdad - people   

The Al-Azm Alliance announced, on Monday, its position on the nomination of Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for prime minister by the coordination framework.  

A statement by the coalition, a copy of which was received by "Nass", (July 25, 2022), stated that it "followed the decision taken by the coordination framework forces to choose Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for the task of forming the new government. Patriotism and integrity is the best option for this difficult and sensitive stage in the nation's history."  

And he continued, "The Alliance of Resolve renews its commitment to national options that take into account the circumstances of the stage and work to achieve the demands of the Iraqi people in freedom, sovereignty, decent living, providing services, taking into account the special conditions experienced by the liberated areas and ensuring balance and true partnership," adding, "Sincere wishes to Brother Shi'a for success and success in his mission." May God protect the homeland and the people.”  

me_ga.php?id=39297  

On Monday, the Secretary-General of Asa'ib Ahl al-Haq, Qais al-Khazali, commented on the nomination of Muhammad Shia al-Sudani for the position of prime minister.  

me_ga.php?id=39293  

me_ga.php?id=39289  

me_ga.php?id=39290  

me_ga.php?id=39292

Al-Fayyad regarding Al-Sudani’s candidacy: We dream that he will be a reformer

Baghdad - people   

The head of the Popular Mobilization Authority, Faleh Al-Fayyad, commented on Monday regarding the nomination of Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for the position of prime minister.    

Al-Fayyad said in a tweet on "Twitter" followed by "Nas" (July 25, 2022), "The framework's consensus on choosing the good Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani, we are characterized by him as a reformer."  

He added, "With everyone's interaction, we can implement the construction project, serve the citizen and correct the path."  

me_ga.php?id=39298  

Al-Azm Alliance announced, earlier, its position on the nomination of Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for prime minister by the coordination framework.  

A statement by the coalition, a copy of which was received by "Nass", (July 25, 2022), stated that it "followed the decision taken by the coordination framework forces to choose Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for the task of forming the new government. Patriotism and integrity is the best option for this difficult and sensitive stage in the nation's history."    

And he continued, "The Alliance of Resolve renews its commitment to national options that take into account the circumstances of the stage and work to achieve the demands of the Iraqi people in freedom, sovereignty, decent living, providing services, taking into account the special conditions experienced by the liberated areas and ensuring balance and true partnership," adding, "Sincere wishes to Brother Shi'a for success and success in his mission." May God protect the homeland and the people.”    

me_ga.php?id=39297  

The researcher and political analyst, Harith Hassan, expected earlier that there would be two obstacles facing Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani, shortly after his candidacy for the premiership was announced by the coordination framework.  

Hassan said in a blog post, followed by "Nass" (July 25, 2022), that "the coordinating framework in Iraq chose Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani as its candidate for prime minister, and there are two things that must be monitored: Al-Sadr's possible reaction and Al-Sudani's ability to persuade others - Al-Sadr in the first place - He is no longer Maliki's man."    

And Barzani's headquarters renewed, earlier, his adherence to Briber Ahmed as a candidate for the presidency, at a time when the coordination framework decided his candidate for prime minister.  

The official in charge of the Iraq file at Barzani's headquarters, Arafat Karam, said in a brief post that "Nass" received a copy of (July 25, 2022), "Our position is consistent with regard to our candidate for the presidency."    

me_ga.php?id=39296  

The Secretary-General of the National House, Hussein Al-Ghurabi, commented earlier, shortly after the nomination of the coordination framework of Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for the premiership.  

Al-Ghurabi said in a post followed by "Nass" (July 25, 2022), "No good will come to Iraq from the framework, and we will not stand idly by regarding their control of the country again."    

me_ga.php?id=39294  

me_ga.php?id=39289  

me_ga.php?id=39290  

me_ga.php?id=39292

Haider Al-Mulla praises the selection of Al-Sudani: Seven concepts in this nomination

Baghdad - people   

The politician and former deputy, Haider Al-Mulla, commented on the candidacy of Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for the position of prime minister, on Monday.    

Al-Mulla said, in a tweet on "Twitter" followed by "Nas" (July 25, 2022), "The choice of Al-Sudani to form the next government is a victory for the following concepts:-  

Young generation.    

Iraqis inside.  

Direct community service curriculum.  

Integrity in performance.  

The dominance of the internal decision over the external decision.  

- Elements for the first time meet with a taxpayer to head the government.  

We wish him success.   

The head of the Popular Mobilization Authority, Faleh al-Fayyad, commented earlier on the nomination of Muhammad Shia al-Sudani for the position of prime minister.    

Al-Fayyad said in a tweet on "Twitter" followed by "Nas" (July 25, 2022), "The framework's consensus on choosing the good Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani, we are characterized by him as a reformer."    

He added, "With everyone's interaction, we can implement the construction project, serve the citizen and correct the path."    

me_ga.php?id=39298  

Al-Azm Alliance announced, earlier, its position on the nomination of Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for prime minister by the coordination framework.  

me_ga.php?id=39297  

The researcher and political analyst, Harith Hassan, expected earlier that there would be two obstacles facing Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani, shortly after his candidacy for the premiership was announced by the coordination framework.  

Hassan said in a blog post, followed by "Nass" (July 25, 2022), that "the coordinating framework in Iraq chose Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani as its candidate for prime minister, and there are two things that must be monitored: Al-Sadr's possible reaction and Al-Sudani's ability to persuade others - Al-Sadr in the first place - He is no longer Maliki's man."      

And Barzani's headquarters renewed, earlier, his adherence to Briber Ahmed as a candidate for the presidency, at a time when the coordination framework decided his candidate for prime minister.  

me_ga.php?id=39296  

The Secretary-General of the National House, Hussein Al-Ghurabi, commented earlier, shortly after the nomination of the coordination framework of Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for the premiership.  

me_ga.php?id=39294  

me_ga.php?id=39289  

me_ga.php?id=39290  

me_ga.php?id=39292

'shakes his shadow'

Al-Sadr's Minister mocks Sudan's candidacy with a picture

2022.07.25 - 19:33
Al-Sadr's Minister mocks Sudan's candidacy with a picture

Baghdad - people  

On Monday, Muhammad Salih al-Iraqi, known as al-Sadr's minister, mocked the nomination of the coordination framework Muhammad Shia al-Sudani for prime minister.  

And the Iraqi posted on his "Telegram" channel, the following picture:  

me_ga.php?id=39303  

He commented, "Under the title (Sudanese) shakes hands with his shadow."  

Anticipation of Al-Sadr's position on Sudan's nomination for prime minister 

Baghdad - people  

The political and popular circles are awaiting the position of the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, regarding the nomination of the Coordinating Framework Forces, Muhammad Shia al-Sudani, for the position of prime minister.  

The Sadrist movement did not issue any comment regarding this nomination, other than the picture published by the account of "Saleh Muhammad al-Iraqi" of a Sudanese man, "shaking hands with his shadow", while that image was considered a sign of al-Sadr's reservations about this nomination.  

In turn, the Lebanese newspaper An-Nahar quoted a leader in the movement as saying: "Al-Sadr will give an opportunity to the Sudanese government, if he is able to form it for a period of time, and if he fails to implement the program and the conditions of Al-Sadr that he mentioned in the one million Friday, the life of this government will be short."  

Researchers believe that Al-Sudani’s mission may be complicated, as he received a green light from the Sadrist movement, while the researcher at the Carnegie Endowment, Harith Hassan, believes that Al-Sudani needs to convince the other, and Sadr in the first place, that he is no longer Al-Maliki’s man.  

Sadrist activists circulated previous comments, on the "Saleh Muhammad Al-Iraqi" page, talking about the position on Al-Sudani's candidacy, in 2019, after the resignation of the government of Adel Abdul-Mahdi, due to popular protests.    

Al-Sudani’s candidacy received broad approval from political parties and former deputies, while some parties have not issued any position so far on this nomination, such as the Sovereignty Alliance, as well as the Kurdistan Democratic Party.  

On Monday, former MP, Hoshyar Abdullah, commented on the nomination of Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani for the position of prime minister.      

Abdullah said, in a tweet on “Twitter” followed by “Nas” (July 25, 2022), “ With regard to Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani, I was a parliamentarian in the third session and he was a minister, and in the fourth session we were together in the Iraqi parliament, he is a loyal and patriotic person. I have great confidence in his integrity and his capabilities, but will they let him act according to his method or will they force him to implement their agendas ?!   

He concluded his tweet by saying, "I wish him success .   "  

The politician and former MP, Haider Al-Mulla, commented earlier on Al-Sudani's candidacy.    

Al-Mulla said, in a tweet on "Twitter" followed by "Nas" (July 25, 2022), "The choice of Al-Sudani to form the next government is a victory for the following concepts:-      

Young generation.        

Iraqis inside.      

We wish him success.       

The head of the Popular Mobilization Authority, Faleh al-Fayyad, commented earlier on this nomination.  

me_ga.php?id=39298  

Al-Azm Alliance announced, earlier, its position on the nomination of Al-Sudani for prime minister by the coordination framework.  

me_ga.php?id=39297  

me_ga.php?id=39296  

me_ga.php?id=39294  

me_ga.php?id=39289  

me_ga.php?id=39290  

me_ga.php?id=39292

The National Union welcomes Al-Sudani's nomination for prime minister

Baghdad - people  

The Patriotic Union of Kurdistan welcomed, on Monday, the nomination of Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for prime minister.      

The party's political office said in a statement received by "Nass", a copy of it (July 25, 2022): "We commend the gentlemen in the coordinating framework who took an important step towards activating the political process in the country by nominating Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for the position of Prime Minister in the next government," expressing He hoped that "this step will expedite the legal and constitutional procedures to form the new government."  

He stressed, "The Patriotic Union of Kurdistan, while welcoming the decision, stresses the strengthening of coordination and the continuation of national relations for the sake of the success of the reform process and the formation of a government of national services that brings stability and strengthens the foundations of managing the state's governance, serving the people more, protecting the national and constitutional rights of the Kurdish and Iraqi people, and deepening the spirit of harmony and reconciliation in what is between all nationalities and components.  

Muhammad Salih al-Iraqi, known as al-Sadr's minister, earlier, mocked the nomination of the coordination framework Muhammad Shia al-Sudani for prime minister.  

me_ga.php?id=39303  

The former MP, Hoshyar Abdullah, commented earlier  on the nomination of Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for the position of prime minister.    

Abdullah said, in a tweet on “Twitter” followed by “Nas” (July 25, 2022), “ With regard to Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani, I was a parliamentarian in the third session and he was a minister, and in the fourth session we were together in the Iraqi parliament, he is a loyal and patriotic person. I have great confidence in his integrity and his capabilities, but will they let him act according to his method or will they force him to implement their agendas ?!   

He concluded his tweet by saying, "I wish him success .   "  

The politician and former MP, Haider Al-Mulla, commented earlier on the candidacy of Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for the position of prime minister.      

Young generation.        

Iraqis inside.      

We wish him success.       

The head of the Popular Mobilization Authority, Faleh al-Fayyad, commented earlier on the nomination of Muhammad Shia al-Sudani for the position of prime minister.      

me_ga.php?id=39298  

me_ga.php?id=39297  

me_ga.php?id=39296  

me_ga.php?id=39294  

me_ga.php?id=39289  

me_ga.php?id=39290  

me_ga.php?id=39292

The National Union: There is no compromise candidate yet.. Two paths for the democrats

Baghdad - people  

The Patriotic Union of Kurdistan confirmed, on Monday, that there is no agreement on a compromise candidate for the presidency.  

Union member Karwan Anwar said in a statement to the official channel, followed by "Nas" (July 25, 2022): "So far, no candidate for the presidency has been identified," noting that "the Kurdistan Union insists on its decision to nominate Barham Salih to the presidency."  

Anwar added, "The leaks that indicate an agreement on a settlement candidate are untrue," noting that "there is no settlement candidate between the two parties so far."  

He continued, "The delegation of the Kurdistan Union headed by Bafel Talabani visited Baghdad last week and met the leaders of the blocs, and it was agreed on the candidate of the Union," explaining that "our candidate for the presidency is settled politically and partisan in agreement with the political blocs."  

He pointed out that "the Democratic Party has two paths, either entering candidates or accepting the candidate of the National Union," pointing out that "the date for holding the presidential election session has not yet been set."  

Al-Maliki's coalition welcomes the selection of Al-Sudani to form the government

Baghdad - people  

The State of Law coalition led by Nuri al-Maliki welcomed, on Monday, the selection of the Coordinating Framework Forces, Muhammad Shiaa al-Sudani, to form the next government.  

The coalition said, in a statement received by "Nass" a copy of it (July 25, 2022): "The coalition considers the unanimity in choosing the candidate to form the government gives evidence of the cohesion of the framework and its leaders and their commitment to the pledges they made to the Iraqi people."  

He added, "The State of Law coalition commends the successes achieved by the leaders of the coordination framework in facing previous challenges and their insistence on protecting the right of the largest social component."  

According to the statement, the State of Law coalition believes that "the framework succeeded in bypassing the first stage of the process of forming the new government, and it gave good news to the Iraqi people to assure them that the framework is qualified to bear responsibility and that it embraces openness to all national political forces and mobilizes all energies and competencies, to be for all the people." And with all the Iraqi forces, lists, independents, youth and clans in designing the process of preserving the state and its prestige and making efforts to provide services and remedy the defect in what should be provided to citizens, in light of the wise directions of our supreme religious authority, which we consider to be the captain of this ship, which led it in dangerous turns, to form a government of national service that the citizen is waiting for Eagerly".  

And he continued, "On this occasion, we call on the brothers, the opposition partners and the work against the Baathist dictatorship in the two allied Kurdish parties, to expedite the agreement on the nomination of their candidate for the presidency of the republic, so that the march will start from the two integrated sovereign positions that constitute the two wings of the executive authority."  

The PUK confirmed, earlier, that there was no agreement on a compromise candidate for the presidency.  

Union member Karwan Anwar said in a statement to the official channel, followed by "Nas" (July 25, 2022): "So far, no candidate for the presidency has been identified," noting that "the Kurdistan Union insists on its decision to nominate Barham Salih to the presidency."    

Anwar added, "The leaks that indicate an agreement on a settlement candidate are untrue," noting that "there is no settlement candidate between the two parties so far."    

And he continued, "The delegation of the Kurdistan Union headed by Bafel Talabani visited Baghdad last week and met with the leaders of the blocs, and it was agreed on the candidate of the Union," explaining that "our candidate for the presidency is settled politically and partisan in agreement with the political blocs."    

He pointed out that "the Democratic Party has two paths, either entering candidates or accepting the candidate of the National Union," pointing out that "the date for holding the presidential election session has not yet been set."    

The Patriotic Union of Kurdistan, earlier, welcomed the nomination of Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for prime minister.     

The party's political office said in a statement received by "Nass", a copy of it (July 25, 2022): "We commend the gentlemen in the coordinating framework who took an important step towards activating the political process in the country by nominating Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for the position of Prime Minister in the next government," expressing He hoped that "this step will expedite the legal and constitutional procedures to form the new government."    

He stressed, "The Patriotic Union of Kurdistan, while welcoming the decision, stresses the strengthening of coordination and the continuation of national relations for the sake of the success of the reform process and the formation of a government of national services that brings stability and strengthens the foundations of managing the state's governance, serving the people more, protecting the national and constitutional rights of the Kurdish and Iraqi people, and deepening the spirit of harmony and reconciliation in what is between all nationalities and components.    

Muhammad Salih al-Iraqi, known as al-Sadr's minister, earlier mocked the nomination of the coordination framework Muhammad Shia al-Sudani for prime minister.  

me_ga.php?id=39303  

The former MP, Hoshyar Abdullah, commented earlier  on the nomination of Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for the position of prime minister.    

And Abdullah said, in a tweet on Twitter, followed by “Nas” (July 25, 2022), “With regard to Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani, I was a parliamentarian in the third session and he was a minister, and in the fourth session we were together in the Iraqi parliament, he is a loyal and patriotic person. I have great confidence in his integrity and his capabilities, but will they let him act according to his method or will they force him to implement their agendas?!"    

He concluded his tweet by saying, "I wish him well."      

The politician and former MP, Haider Al-Mulla, commented earlier on the candidacy of Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for the position of prime minister.      

Young generation.          

Iraqis inside.        

We wish him success.         

me_ga.php?id=39298  

me_ga.php?id=39297  

me_ga.php?id=39296  

me_ga.php?id=39294  

me_ga.php?id=39289  

me_ga.php?id=39290  

me_ga.php?id=39292  

Nabil Azami

Under the unanimous agreement of the coordination framework to choose Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani as a candidate for prime minister, observers are unanimously agreed that the name that emerged from the mantle of the Islamic Dawa Party is the most used for vacant sites, after the end of its manipulation of human rights, and that his ministry did not come out with any recommendations on the rights of detainees and detainees and violations against Rather, the WikiLeaks leaks confused the position of the al-Maliki government at the time in “running killing and torture squads.”!  

In general, Al-Sudani is a man of stages (temporary and critical) at the same time, and he is the alternative that is always ready for any emergency task.  

Al-Sudani, with his political orientation, is not extremist towards sticking to the party, and he is perhaps the only survivor of the syndrome of eternal belonging and absolute loyalty.  

According to sources, Al-Sudani’s choice came reluctantly with the recent leaks attributed to Al-Maliki, and Al-Amiri and the rest of the framework leaders were embarrassed to put forward a “name” that had no indications of rejection or that one day would provoke a “discontent” leak on anyone, or a public corruption scandal.  

Also, Al-Sudani chose a civil path despite the prosecution and execution of his father, who belonged to the Dawa Party, when he was opposing the Baath regime at the time, trying to combine the jihadist legacy and its investment, with what the parties and political and social trends want at another time.  

And since the framework chose him as a candidate for prime minister, he will enter a difficult test before the alliance of sovereignty and the Kurdistan Democratic Party, which has the most complex conditions for the coordination in its entirety. There are also other complex files such as absentees, compensation, displaced persons, disputed areas and other areas whose entry is prohibited, in addition to strategic issues in the region such as outlets and the distribution of powers and tasks with Baghdad! At a time when Al-Kazemi sought to cut the strides of its solution in a period of no eastern or western, holding the baton of management to the satisfaction of all parties, which was not achieved by his predecessors.  

Under the calm diplomacy enjoyed by the Sudanese, the Sadrist movement is not temperamental to the point of succumbing to the policy of the fait accompli and the imposition of wills, and perhaps today it represents the reference that gives any future government a mandate to support it because it has “abandoned” what it has; But it should not be at the expense of his pleasure and the conviction of his master.  

According to the given, it can be concluded that there is something right for Al-Sudani to assume the position of prime minister, but it is a government that may not complete four years, especially since the current is still looking forward to assuming this position after the test that was given to the framework.  

Abdul-Mahdi comments on Al-Sudani’s nomination for prime minister

Baghdad - people  

Former Prime Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi praised, on Tuesday, the selection of Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani as prime minister, noting that the task "will not be accomplished unless the President of the Republic is elected."  

Abdul-Mahdi said in his blog, followed by “Nass”, (July 26, 2022): “The framework had approximately thirty candidates, and a large number of them were qualified and qualified, and he was between two things: Either waiting for the Kurdish brothers to decide their position or to decide his options and present his candidate with all What he might be exposed to in terms of counter-campaigns, so he went for the second option to get the country out of the crisis that grips it."  

He added, "The choice of Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani is a very successful choice because of his competence and integrity, and the convergence of many threads of political and societal conditions, with what he represents, not only for the framework forces, but for many forces outside him as well, both internal and external."   

He explained that "the framework going to resolve and not leaving the country tossed by the waves of events should not mean breaking the will of others and the language of threats and revenge. If the country needs resolution on the one hand, but it needs calm, bridging and reassurance with the parties to the social and political contract and respecting their visions, interests and audience as well. We remember that had it not been for the withdrawal of the current, and the understanding of the rest of the parties of the tripartite alliance for the new conditions, this opportunity for détente would not have been provided.   

Abdul-Mahdi stressed that "the mission will not be accomplished unless the president of the republic is elected. The mission was disrupted months ago for this reason and not because of the prime minister. Here is the importance of observing what was mentioned in (2) above."   

Today, Monday, the Secretary-General of Asa'ib Ahl al-Haq, Qais Khazali, revealed the scenes of the negotiations to choose Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani, as a candidate for prime minister.  

Khazali said during his participation in an audio room, via “Twitter” and followed by “Nas” (July 25, 2022): “The leaders of the first line gave up their candidacy for this position, such as Mr. The second line, to take responsibility."     

Khazali added, "Mr. Hadi al-Amiri went further, withdrawing the candidate of the Badr Organization Qassem al-Araji, to reduce the area of difference."     

And he continued, "Until last night (Sunday), there was a difference between the leaders about the candidate for the position, but thank God focused efforts were made, in order to reduce the areas of disagreement, and there were distinguished efforts by Mr. Ammar al-Hakim."     

He pointed out that "the discussions did not take long, and I can say that it was less than half an hour, when the debate began, as three candidates remained, they remained, and the speech began when one of the brothers mentioned the name of Al-Zahra (may God's peace be upon her), and we said, God willing, with a blessing." Zahra gets this agreement."    

He pointed out that "Al-Sudani is the candidate of the framework unanimously, not the candidate of a bloc or party within the framework."     

Regarding the position of the Sadrist movement, Khazali said, "Some of the brothers tried to contact us to find out the situation, and the answer was that we (the Sadrists) are not interested in this agreement, neither negatively nor positively."     

Does Al-Sudani meet Al-Sadr's conditions, or does the leader of the Sadrist movement have another opinion? (details)

685 Policy 2022/07/26 14:40 Baghdad today _

Baghdad The independent politician Saad Al-Mutalibi confirmed, today, Tuesday, that Al-Sadr will not obstruct the formation of the next government, and that he left the issue of forming the government in the custody of the coordination framework after the withdrawal of his deputies from Parliament. Al-Mutalibi told (Baghdad Today), "The candidate for the coordination framework for the prime minister, Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani, meets the conditions that Al-Sadr previously set for the personality of the prime minister, and therefore it is unlikely that Al-Sadr would object to this personality." He added, "It is very natural for al-Sadr to support the next government if it meets the aspirations of the people, satisfies the street, works to provide job opportunities, improves the living conditions of citizens, and fights corruption properly." Al-Muttalibi continued, "The Sudanese is one of the Iraqis inside and did not come outside Iraq, as is the case with many of the political class. He is a non-controversial figure and his hands were not stained with corruption, so it is very possible that Al-Sadr will support the next government according to these data." Yesterday, Monday, the coordination framework announced the details of its meeting to nominate the names to form the next government. The framework said in a statement received (Baghdad today), that the coordination framework held a meeting to choose its candidate for prime minister, and in a positive atmosphere, the leaders of the coordination framework agreed unanimously to nominate Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for prime minister.

Deadlocked and loaded: Iraq’s political inertia

Iraqi leaders’ inability to form a government or deal with national challenges is destroying the legitimacy of the state. They need to appoint a new type of prime minister.

•  
  •  
  • 4 minute read
A view of the Iraqi parliament building in Baghdad, Iraq, 30 March 2022. The Iraqi parliament failed to elect a new president of Iraq for the second time in a week, because of the Shiite political blocs boycotting the Iraqi parliament session, which was attended by about 170 MPs only amid a political crisis between the Iraqi political blocks. Photo: picture alliance/EPA/AHMED JALIL
A view of the Iraqi parliament building in Baghdad, Iraq, 30 March 2022
Image bypicture alliance / EPA | AHMED JALIL
 ©

Iraq has been in political limbo since its parliamentary election in October 2021. Iraqi MPs have yet to form a government. While Iraq is no stranger to such dynamics, this prolonged paralysis has left a power vacuum that continues to destabilise the country. It is difficult to predict when someone will break the deadlock. And, even if a new government does emerge in the coming months, a key issue for European policymakers will be the type of prime minister who leads it.

The impasse in Baghdad will persist until MPs elect a new president – who will nominate a prime minister to form a government. The prime minister will then have 30 days to gain parliamentary approval for the new cabinet and programme for government. The informal political agreement in Iraq allocates the presidency to a Kurd, but Kurdish political parties have yet to agree on a candidate. If Shia parties decide on a candidate for prime minister before the Kurds nominate a president, this might force Kurdish parties to allow parliamentarians to freely choose from the pool of candidates – rather than give their seal of approval to a pre-selected candidate.

Meanwhile, public dissatisfaction is simmering due to Turkish airstrikes on Iraqi civilians, as well as political elites’ inability to address economic challenges or climate change. All this makes it increasingly likely that there will be further unrest. Indeed, the Sadrist Movement – a populist Shia party that has left the government – seems to be preparing for a street fight. Therefore, European countries that seek to work with Iraq on shared concerns, especially security issues, now need to deal with not only an incapacitated government but also an Iraqi state whose legitimacy is draining away.

Any new Iraqi government will have the urgent task of stabilising state institutions and restoring public faith in them

In this increasingly tense situation, any new Iraqi government will have the urgent task of stabilising state institutions and restoring public faith in them. In Iraqi elections, numerous political parties vie for just 329 parliamentary seats, with the result that none of them has ever won a majority under this system. In turn, the country has been led by a series of fragile consensus governments. This is partly because candidates for prime minister do not need to run in an election to be eligible for the job. The current prime minister and his predecessor have both been unelected – and, ultimately, weak – compromise candidates who have no party affiliation.

Some Western countries are betting that the incumbent, Mustafa al-Kadhimi, will stay on. And he hopes to do so. But many different rumours about Kadhimi’s fate have circulated widely in recent months – reflecting the uncertainty that pervades the political environment. Furthermore, Kadhimi’s prospects took a major hit in June 2022, when his biggest political backer, Sadrist Movement leader Muqtada al-Sadr, ordered the 73 MPs in his party to resign from parliament. Sadr made this tactical move out of frustration with his inability to form a majority government or to push his rivals into the role of the opposition. His campaign to form a majority government contributed to the political paralysis; it is one of the reasons why this is now the longest government formation process in Iraq’s post-2003 history. In the meantime, Kadhimi has continued to style himself as a mediator in the Middle East and to lobby Western governments to endorse his plans to stay in office.

The withdrawal of the Sadrist Movement has hurt Kadhimi’s chances of serving another term. However, it has done little to spur the formation of a new government. Members of Iraq’s Coordination Framework – a coalition of the main Shia political parties, excluding the Sadrist Movement – would jump at the opportunity to become prime minister.

The Coordination Framework, which comprises around 120 MPs, could provide two different types of premier: party leaders or less powerful members of second-tier parties. Potential candidates in the former group include Nouri al-Maliki of the State of Law coalition and Haider al-Abadi of the Victory Alliance (both of whom are former prime ministers), as well Hadi al-Ameri of the Badr Organization. The latter group includes Mohammed al-Sudani and Falih al-Fayyadh, who have the support of the Coordination Framework. Sudani is a former minister and a former member of the State of Law coalition. Fayyadh is the current chairman of the Popular Mobilisation Committee and a former national security adviser. The United States has sanctioned him for human rights violations under the Global Magnitsky Act.

If members of the coalition are adamant about choosing one of their own, Kadhimi has no chance of another term. This would also mean that the next prime minister would have the backing of a large political bloc. Accordingly, the new premier would be stronger than the last two – who had no legislative presence and whose cabinet members were accountable to the parties that nominated them rather than the nominal leader of the government.

For this reason, the type of prime minister who takes power is more important than the individual in question. If someone from the Coordination Framework emerges as the candidate, they should find it easier to pass legislation and even implement reforms than Kadhimi ever did.

However, there is also the question of political will. That is, a leader from an entrenched political party will have incentives to create policies that preserve the status quo. Given the current state of the political system, this would involve prioritising short-term popularity over the long-term needs of the country. Furthermore, many Iraqis have had enough of the corruption and poor governance in entrenched political parties – so, they would likely be sceptical of a prime minister from that background.

This public disquiet is increasing pressure on the process of government formation. And it may represent Kadhimi’s best chance of staying in office. If members of the Coordination Framework decide that a prime minister from their ranks would do more harm than good to their popularity – by generating public anger or unrest – Kadhimi may provide them with a desirable way out. To survive, however, he would have to make concessions to the main political parties that preserved the status quo while giving voters just enough hope of change to prevent protests. This would not be an easy balance to maintain.

Ultimately, European states would find it relatively difficult to work with a prime minister such as Maliki, Ameri, or Fayyadh due to their ties to Iran and hardline ideological leanings. But a premier in this mould would likely command a government strong enough to implement domestic policy effectively. Kadhimi’s past two years in office have laid bare his inability to address the significant challenges Iraq is facing. For example, Kadhimi has frequently railed against non-state armed actors, only to then acquiesce to their demands.

Europeans are understandably keen to see friendly faces in the next Iraqi government. But this would do no good if it merely maintained the status quo while slowly eroding the legitimacy and sovereignty of the state.

Therefore, someone such as Sudani – who has less political baggage than his more established rivals – could prove to be the most suitable candidate. A middle-ground prime minister would have the best chance of implementing domestic and foreign policy effectively.

Ten months after Iraq’s election, it is clear that the country needs urgent political action. It remains to be seen whether Iraqi political elites understand this.

The European Council on Foreign Relations does not take collective positions. ECFR publications only represent the views of their individual authors.

Baghdad: Muhannad Abd al-Wahhab 

After marathon negotiations and a long wait, the coordination framework officially announced yesterday noon, Monday, the selection of politician Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani as a candidate for the position of prime minister, which means that the ball of constitutional and electoral benefits has now reached the Kurds’ court, as the two Kurdish parties have not yet reached any official agreement regarding the candidate for the position of President of the Republic.
The Coordinator said in a statement: "It held (yesterday) 7-25-2022, corresponding to the 25th of Dhu al-Hijjah 1443, a meeting to choose its candidate for prime minister, and in a positive atmosphere, the leaders of the coordinating framework unanimously agreed to nominate Muhammad Shia al-Sudani for prime minister.
A member of the House of Representatives for the state of law affiliated with the coordination framework, MP Muhammad Al-Shammari, said in an interview with "Al-Sabah", that "the committee chose Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani as a candidate for the coordination framework for the prime minister, and the selection was made according to criteria set by the committee in advance." 
And he indicated that "the committee nominated five contenders for the position, and then concluded to four candidates, and then to two: Qassem al-Araji and Muhammad Shia al-Sudani," and added that "Qasim al-Araji withdrew from the nomination, which qualified Muhammad Shia al-Sudani for the position." 
He pointed out that "Al-Sudani is currently the official candidate for the coordination framework for the position of prime minister, and we are waiting for the Kurdish candidate for the presidency to proceed with the vote on the position and to proceed with assigning the largest bloc that has decided its decision to nominate Al-Sudani and assign him to form the government."
In turn, the representative of the State of Law coalition, Duha Al-Qaisar, said: "The session for electing the president of the republic and presenting the candidate for the coordination framework for the prime minister has not been determined so far," and indicated that "the framework is waiting for the Kurds to resolve their position regarding the presidential candidate to proceed with the constitutional benefits." 
The biography of the Coordinating Framework candidate for prime minister, Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani, says that he was born in Maysan Governorate in 1970, BA in Agricultural Sciences, Secretary-General of the Euphrates Movement, and held the following positions: Mayan Maqam of Al-Amarah City 2004, Governor of Maysan 2005, Minister of Human Rights 2010, Head of the High Commission for Accountability Justice Agency 2011, Minister of Agriculture Agency 2013, President of the Political Prisoners Foundation Agency 2014, Minister of Migration and Displacement Agency 2014, Deputy Minister of Finance 2014, Minister of Labor and Social Affairs 2014, Deputy Minister of Commerce 2015, Deputy Minister of Industry 2016.

2022-07-25 10:10

Shafaq News/ Leaders in the coordination framework clarified, on Monday, the mechanism that resulted in the official nomination of Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani for the position of Prime Minister.

Earlier in the day, the coordination framework officially announced the selection of Al-Sudani as a candidate for prime minister, explaining that his selection came during a meeting and in a "positive atmosphere."

Al-Sudani is one of the leaders of the Islamic Dawa Party. He ran several ministries in successive governments, and was nominated by Nuri al-Maliki to head the new government.

A leader in the coordination framework told Shafaq News Agency, "The leadership of the coordination framework agreed a month ago on the mechanism for selecting the framework candidate for the position of Prime Minister, and this mechanism passes through a committee through which the candidates are selected and then they are presented to vote in the framework's general body represented by members framework in the House of Representatives.

The leader said, "The selection of Al-Sudani for the position was not made according to the previously agreed mechanism, but rather the committee that was tasked with selecting the candidates presented the names of a number of candidates to lead the framework at today's meeting, and the meeting agreed to choose Al-Sudani, without referring to the General Assembly."

He added that "the meeting agreed by a majority to choose Muhammad Shia'a Al-Sudani as prime minister, and the Sunni and Kurdish parties will be informed of the framework candidate, after which it will be agreed to set a parliamentary session to elect the president of the republic."

After that, the Secretary-General of "Asa'ib Ahl al-Haq", Qais Khazali, called on the Kurdish blocs to agree and resolve their candidate for the post of President of the Republic.

Despite the completion of the task of nominating Al-Sudani for prime minister, the Shiite coordination framework continues its failure to resolve the nomination of the candidate for the position of the first deputy speaker of parliament, which was occupied by Hakim Al-Zamili, and he resigned after the call of the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada Al-Sadr, to withdraw from the political process.

Differences revolve between the forces of the coordinating framework over the position, as several names were put forward, including (Atwan Al-Atwani, Ahmed Al-Asadi, and Adnan Faihan), but this position has not been resolved yet.