Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliament building devoid of demonstrators, and sit-ins are concentrated in its surroundings (new photos)

yota691

Baghdad
Mohamed Ali
July 31, 2022

Scenes of the sit-in in the Iraqi parliament from the Sadrist movement - Telegram

Scenes of the sit-in in the Iraqi parliament from the Sadrist movement - Telegram

5/1

Supporters of the "Sadr movement ", who took full control of the Iraqi parliament building  in  the Green Zone , in central Baghdad, finished the process of erecting large tents in the parliament's main garden, as well as building a room for preparing food in it, while the main legislation hall and the constitutional hall turned into a sleeping place Hundreds of them, last night.

Today, Sunday, supporters of the Sadrist movement entered trucks to transport breakfast meals to hundreds of protesters inside Parliament, and the Iraqi security forces in the area went to share food with them as well, while sheep and calves were seen entering the area for the purpose of slaughtering them, where meals would be prepared in Parliament, which foretells a long sit-in. This time, it is open to the Sadrists.

So far, there has been no comment on the leader of the Sadrist movement , Muqtada al-Sadr , who contented himself with directing his supporters through the "virtual personality" who spoke in his name, Saleh al-Iraqi, who took charge of directing and giving orders to the Sadrists, while leaders in the movement went to the capital's hospitals to check on the wounded who were wounded. They fell during the process of storming the Green Zone, and the security forces are still disavowing their targeting, and confirm the presence of another party that took the shooting, and accusing fingers are pointed at specific militias close to former Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki .

Meanwhile, a member of the Sadrist movement, Muhammad al-Daraji, confirmed, during his presence in Parliament, to "Al-Araby Al-Jadeed", that "the open sit-in will continue for an unknown time, and the security forces have allocated a gate in the Green Zone to the Sadrists, and everyone who wants to sit with them in Parliament, while the rest of them were closed." Gates again.

Al-Daraji added that the Iraqi security did not record any cases of aggression or threat or even approaching diplomatic missions, security departments and important institutions within the Green Zone, and "our presence will be in the vicinity of Parliament and only inside it."

Iraqi activists monitored scenes from the Iraqi parliament building and its outer garden, showing street vendors entering the Green Zone to sell their goods to the protesters, which is what is happening for the first time, while other scenes show the processes of preparing, cooking and distributing food, including falafel.

Journalist Jassem Al-Shammari published pictures of a child selling inside the main legislative hall in the parliament building.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Al-Sadr addresses the Iraqis: Rise to demand reform in your country

Today, Sunday, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, called on the Iraqi people to demand reform, as Imam Hussein (peace be upon him) came out.
Al-Sadr stated in a tweet followed by the Iraqi News Agency (INA), that “the spontaneous, peaceful revolution that liberated the (green) region as a first stage is the golden opportunity for all of the people who were stung by the fire of injustice, terrorism, corruption, occupation and dependency, so I hope that the tragedy of missing the golden opportunity will not be repeated. The first is in 2016,” adding that “yes, this is another opportunity to dispel the darkness, darkness, corruption, exclusivity in power, loyalty to the outside, quotas and sectarianism that have permeated Iraq’s chest since its occupation and to this day. The best free and fair elections, even if they were fair and removed the corrupt, have become fraudulent, being eaten up by the hands of the corrupt on the one hand, and malicious lawsuits on the other.”
He continued, "Oh, the proud, free Iraqi people who love reform, democracy, citizenship, law, independence, sovereignty, prestige, and limiting arms to the hand of a strong, patriarchal state that imposes the law on itself before the poor and does not exclude the influential, militias, and the like."
Mr. Al-Sadr stated that “Dear friends, you are all responsible and you are all at stake.. Either an Iraq lofty among nations or a vassal Iraq controlled by the corrupt, vassals and those with worldly ambitions, and even moved by the hands of the outside, east and west, and then I have no choice but to pray and cry for the end of Iraq, which is near . O free men, it is the cry of Imam Hussein: How humiliating we are... And his cry:
Whoever listens to our awareness and does not help us… I say: whoever listens to the awareness of reform and does not support it will be a prisoner of violence, militias, kidnappings, greed, intimidation, marginalization, poverty, humiliation and erosion of dignity. God be upon him and his family.”
He noted that "your Iraq is the Iraq of sacred things, the Iraq of civilization, the Iraq of jihad, and the Iraq of the reformist spring. Do not miss the opportunity, otherwise there will be a time of regret. Therefore, I call on everyone to support the revolutionaries for reform, including our proud clans, our heroic security forces, members of the Mujahid Popular Mobilization Forces who refuse to submit and subservience and all groups of the people to support reform, men, women and young men." Young men and children, not under my banner or my leadership, but under the banner of Iraq and the decision of the people, and if some claim that the current revolution is a chestnut, he added, “But if you miss the opportunity, do not blame me, for I invite you to what is in your interest and reform, and to save your homeland, your dignity, your wealth, your bounties, and your prestige. And when it is inevitable.”

upload_1659281245_1120473050.jpeg
upload_1659281279_426185297.jpeg

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Ammar Al-Sawad
01 August 2022
1242216179.jpeg?h=37702503&itok=dmJrBfHN

A supporter of al-Sadr raises his picture in front of Parliament in the Green Zone in central Baghdad (7/31/2022/AFP)

When the Iraqi leader, Muqtada al-Sadr, stirs up his fans, others fear. Torrents of people blindly obey him in storming what he wants. He leads a popular bloc that took shape before 2003, when Iraq was besieged and starvation struck its people, and the country's margins were on their way to becoming its core. On the other hand, his ability to mobilize is accompanied by a large military force that is not the state, but permeates power. Saraya al-Salam is one of the four main military forces in the country, along with the army, the Hashd, and the Peshmerga. 
His bloc won first place in the 2018 and 2021 elections. In the latter, it was an outright victory that he persisted in taking advantage of a humiliating loss for his opponents loyal to Iran, specifically the Al-Fateh List. But his opponents gathered again, using their political and judicial influence and their relations with Tehran, and they competed with him for the definition of the "largest bloc" after gathering all their miscellaneous and remnants in Parliament. They are led by former Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, who insists on leading the scene, despite the political, economic, security and societal disasters it has caused.   
On the other hand, al-Sadr insisted that the leader be an investor, as he is the leader of the largest bloc, and ruled out any alliance with al-Maliki, and sought to find other alliances. Then he suddenly withdrew, asking his followers to resign, and making way for the opposing Shiite alliance, the coordinating framework. But why did this happen, even though the Sunni blocs of Muhammad al-Halbousi and the Kurdish Masoud al-Barzani formed a front with him, or what appeared to be a front?

After the 2019 demonstrations and the killing of Qassem Soleimani, Iran has lost much of its influence, and al-Sadr presents himself independent of Ali Khamenei's influence.

The Iranian role has an impact on this, but the idea of forming a political majority government is not safe. Any majority will not be comfortable, and reach a level that makes it immune to the storms of political play, and leads it to a rapid collapse. The Sadrist bloc consists of 73 deputies, or a little more than 20% of Parliament. It, while being a majority and having the greatest margin of maneuver, is unable to move comfortably enough. Hence, just as the Shiite forces are scattered, Sunnis and Kurds in parliament are not explicitly united, and they can be divided and contribute to the fall of any authority that is formed on the edge of the shaky majority. With the pressure of the framework forces and Iran's efforts to thwart any circumvention of its allies, the task of the Sadrist movement seemed very difficult. But these difficulties are not the only obstacles that the descendant of the al-Sadr family faced in realizing the inherited dream of sovereignty over all. 
In the beginning, Al-Saleel seeks to lead over the Shiites of Iraq. The timing for such a move seemed politically appropriate. After the 2019 demonstrations and the killing of Qassem Soleimani, Iran has lost much of its influence, and Al-Sadr presents himself independent of Ali Khamenei's influence. On the other hand, the Middle East alliances are on the horizon after the end of former US President Trump and the war of Russian President Putin. Muqtada, in the midst of this, has a kind of relationship that is very different from his Iraqi colleagues. In recent years, he has had a good rapprochement with Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the UAE. The results of the elections culminated in the opportunity with more hopes for al-Sadr. Moreover, the moment is ripe for the religious Shiite leadership as well. Sistani is over ninety years old, and Muqtada will not stray far from the battle of the caliphate. He is between the Iraqi Najaf and the Iranian Qum and has intensified his academic activities, in order to present himself as a jurist who can play a greater role.

What seemed to be an opportunity for leadership through parliamentary contexts, al-Sadr found fraught with the risk of losing everything

Behind the group’s leadership, there is something greater. He wants the leadership of Iraq, a dream demanded by his father, the authority, Muhammad Muhammad Sadiq al-Sadr (1999) and his uncle, the authority, Muhammad Baqir al-Sadr (1980). It does not differ in that from the most well-known experiments that begin with imposing influence on the near circle in preparation for the far circle. It was carried out by Hezbollah in Lebanon before it, when it eliminated its secular opponents from Shiite backgrounds, and then tamed other competitors within the sect such as the Amal Movement, before setting out to impose its will on all of Lebanon. I do not think that the Kurdish and Sunni political groups are oblivious to the dream of the owner of the largest bloc. It deals with it with great caution, even during the period of the tripartite alliance with the Kurdistan Democratic Party and the Alliance of Sovereignty. The two partners, at the time they were close to him, did not neglect the path of searching for settlements of another kind with the coordinating framework. 
Therefore, I think that what appeared to be an opportunity for leadership through parliamentary contexts, Al-Sadr found fraught with the risk of losing everything. He moved on to what he used to do, turning away in preparation for another approach. His deputies resigned. It is another adventure, because if he does not succeed in preventing the framework from forming a government, he will be faced with the option of an escalation that might mobilize a silent majority force that has a bitter memory with him. So he relied a lot on paralyzing the rhythm, and he is very skilled in this. Being the only one who does not need Iran's support in the obstruction game, nor does he need the Gulf states. He's been skillful since 2003 at taking things back on track by freezing everything. And he was skillful in preventing the arrival of opponents, so he had a credit over Ibrahim al-Jaafari in 2005, Nuri al-Maliki in 2006 and Haider al-Abadi in 2014 in that they became prime ministers not out of love for them, but rather hated by the arrival of the Al-Hakim candidate and Qaid to head the government. He was credited with giving Iran the opportunity to do some of what it wanted, when his interests met theirs between 2004-2009. He played the role of protector for some secularists who feared the Iranian militias in 2015, before he left them and they left, after they lost and won because of him. He was also able to present himself as the savior, even though he was a partner in the bloodshed.

The mass mass alone is not sufficient without political support within the "leaders of blocs" forum

Despite this, the man faces a difficult prospect, much like the experience of his ministers resigning from the government in April 2007, at which time he lost much of his momentum. The mass bloc alone is not sufficient without political support within the "leaders of blocs" forum. So there is another possibility that the current leader fell into the trap of believing that others would run after him to appease him for fear of his wrath. He used to do what he backs away from, or says what he plans to not implement, so he has always withdrew from political life, then returned, and his ministers resigned from the government and then worked to bring them back in one way and another, and instructed not to participate in the elections and then participated. They are actions that are consistent with its nature as an active party in the government and an actor in the opposition at the same time. It is not excluded that the recent escalation, with the storming of the parliament building, is an expression of anger at the Iranian indifference, as well as the interior, at the level of Sunni and Kurdish forces, as well as Shiite rivals. In recent weeks, everyone has played as if the leader of the largest popular and political blocs does not exist. When he returned to the scene through the protests at the entrances to the Green Zone, Al-Halbousi's bloc, along with Barzani's bloc, returned to his courtship. But the flirtation will only lead to what al-Sadr rejected, which is dialogue with the opponents, unless he thinks of a revolutionary change, and this takes matters into a war that neither al-Sadr nor any of his rivals seem ready for.
Whether the choice is a “Sadrese” revolutionary change or a return to the notorious consensus scene, the repetition of the same names at the head of the political process, as well as nostalgia for rulers who preceded this stage, is an indication that Iraq suffers from a moral, political, societal and cultural problem that lies in the fact that those who destroyed it and caused With the suffering of his people and their infatuation with their policies, beliefs and arrogance.. they always find someone to rehabilitate them, as if they had done nothing.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

First time I saw Mr. al-Potato necktie boy, I thought, wow I hate this guy... Oh wait, must be me, I'm jumping to conclusions.

Then I noticed most people on Dinar Vets hated this guy. I thought, maybe they're right. Maybe.

Then I noticed people in Iraq hate this guy....hmmmm

Then I said to myself, "Hey, can everyone be wrong? Nahhhhh..."

Potato Head better change in a hurry or he has a date with a necktie. :tiphat:

Maliki.jpg

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Protesters continue to flock to the Green Zone after al-Sadr's call (photos)

Baghdad - people  

On Sunday evening, large numbers of supporters of the Sadrist movement and clans flocked to the Green Zone in the capital, Baghdad.  

Pictures obtained by "Nass" (July 31, 2022), showed some of the Sadrist movement's demonstrators flocking to the Green Zone.  

"Nass" correspondent said that "a number of demonstrators from the tribes joined the supporters of the movement on their way to Al-Khadra."  

me_ga.php?id=39562  

me_ga.php?id=39563  

me_ga.php?id=39564  

me_ga.php?id=39559  

me_ga.php?id=39561  

me_ga.php?id=39560

• Thanks 1

The authority issues a circular to media organizations: Avoid feeding hate speech and extremism

Baghdad - people   

On Monday, the Media and Communications Commission issued a circular to media institutions calling for avoiding dealing with news that would "feed hate speech" in the country.   

And the authority stated in a statement that Nass received a copy of it, August 1, 2022, “Based on the powers conferred on the Media and Communications Commission by Order (65) of 2004, and in order to enhance the spirit of religious and cultural cooperation among the components of the Iraqi people, especially with the advent of the month of Muharram, we call on institutions All media outlets are required to comply with the rules of media broadcasting, taking into account the following:  

1- Respecting the sanctity of this month by avoiding broadcasting or publishing any media content that contributes to feeding hate speech and extremism among the people of the same country and threatens societal peace.  

2- Commitment to accuracy and integrity by making sure of the credibility of the information before publishing it, with the need not to cut and manipulate media materials in content or form in a way that negatively affects the facts and distorts them and gives the recipient an unrealistic impression.  

3- Expressing the utmost care to represent the multiple points of view when raising different issues, while avoiding the transmission of emotional and tense propaganda statements issued by any party or individual, regardless of his position, that encourage targeting specific people, groups or institutions, which may lead to aggravating reality and creating chaos in the society.  

4- Taking into consideration the goals of the intellectual renaissance of the Husseini cause as it represents a reform project with a humanistic dimension that protects freedom, preserves dignity and preserves societal unity, by emphasizing the values of tolerance and synergy, encouraging moderation and fraternity, believing in the principles of dialogue and accepting the other regardless of the extent of congruence of ideas Or its difference, which contributes to the promotion of the renaissance and progress of society.  

• Thanks 1

The Sadrist movement issues new directives to the demonstrators  

Baghdad - people   

On Monday, the Sadrist movement issued a package of new directives for the demonstrators.    

Muhammad Al-Aboudi, the official of the Follow-up and Coordination Office, said in a statement, followed by "Nass", (August 1, 2022), that "the revolutionaries must follow the path of the owners of non-service special wheels for the brothers in the Rusafa sector from Al-Sinak Bridge towards Al-Salhiya Street."  

He added, "The journey on foot is from Tahrir Square, passing through Al-Jumhuriya Bridge. As for the brothers on the Karkh side, their route will be from the Olive Tunnel to the door of the House of Representatives."  

And he indicated that "the owners of the wheels will have their itinerary on the Al-Alawi area, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and ending with the Legislation Gate 2, while the service processions and cleaning vehicles will have their route on the Al-Jumhuri Bridge."  

He concluded, "The commitment to do so is in the public interest."  

Earlier, "Saleh Muhammad al-Iraqi", known as "Minister al-Sadr", gave ten instructions to the protesters inside the Green Zone and the parliament building.  

Al-Iraqi stated, in a blog post followed by "Nass" (July 31, 2022), "instructions to demonstrators and protesters against corruption, quotas and dependency:    

1 There is nothing wrong with holding Husseini rituals, but it is preferable that they be outside the parliament building and without addressing matters that some consider sectarian.    

2 Not creating a building at all.. Moving caravans and the like can be used.    

3 Commitment to the cleanliness of Parliament, but absolute places.    

4 Not to issue individual data.    

5 Organizing the sit-in and adopting the principle of “shafts” for its permanence and continuity, as well as prohibiting women’s sit-in at all.    

6 Forming service committees and periodical guards without using any weapon at all.    

7 It is possible that Friday prayers will be held in the ceremonial arena, so you have to commit and reflect a beautiful image through organization and discipline.    

8 The feelings of others who do not belong to the current must be taken into consideration in order for them to be of help and support for you and for the protests to be public and not private.    

9 Full cooperation with the brothers in the security services.    

10 Maintaining public and private property and not approaching residential homes.    

• Thanks 1

Hadi Al-Amiri appeals to the Sadrist movement and the coordination framework

Baghdad - people  

Today, Monday, the head of the Al-Fateh Alliance Hadi Al-Amiri made a new appeal to the coordination framework and the Sadrist movement, while warning that "things are getting out of control."  

Al-Amiri said in a statement received by “Nass” (1 August 2022), that “in the atmosphere of media escalation through statements and counter statements, which call for mass mobilization, and may get out of control and lead to violence, I repeat my sincere appeal to the brothers in the Sadrist movement and to the brothers In the coordinating framework, they should overcome the logic of reason, wisdom, self-restraint, deliberation, and advance the interests of the country and people through serious and constructive dialogue, in order to reach solutions to the points of differences between them.  

He added, "Iraqi blood is dear to everyone, and the dear Iraqi people from the seventies of the last century to this day have offered abundant and dear blood, so enough blood, and kindness to Iraqi blood, for it is a trust in everyone's necks, and the responsibility for its shedding is borne by everyone."  

And he continued, "I swear to you by the affliction of Abi Abdullah Al-Hussein, peace be upon him, that you will rely on understanding and dialogue, God is in Iraq, God is in the Iraqi people, God is in the sacred blood in the sacred month."  

Earlier, Al-Amiri sent a personal message to the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada Al-Sadr, calling for "serious dialogue."  

Al-Amiri said in a statement received by “People” a copy of it (July 30, 2022): “I sincerely invite our dear brother Muqtada al-Sadr to a serious dialogue with the brothers within the coordinating framework, to find a way out for the political support that the political process has reached, and to think of possible solutions to spare the country and the people, i.e. potential risks.     

me_ga.php?id=39511

• Thanks 1

Al-Sadr announces his conditions for dialogue with the coordination framework

Baghdad - people  

Today, Monday, Saleh Muhammad al-Iraqi, known as "Minister of al-Sadr," announced conditions for accepting the initiative of Hadi al-Amiri, the head of the Al-Fateh Alliance.  

Al-Iraqi said in a post followed by "Nass" (August 1, 2022), that "the brother Al-Amiri repeatedly called for dialogue between the framework (to which he belongs) and the Sadrist movement, which abandoned him.  

First: Brother Al-Amiri and his bloc withdrew from the framework.  

Second: An explicit denunciation of the words of (Spiderman) which he stated in the leaks a few days ago.  

Third: You were among the signatories to a reform document..it was not implemented.. who is the guarantor of the implementation of reformist dialogue?! You must specify a guarantor in order to save Iraq from the teeth of corruption.”  

me_ga.php?id=39571  

Earlier in the day, the head of the Al-Fateh Alliance, Hadi Al-Amiri, made a new appeal to the coordination framework and the Sadrist movement, while warning that things would get out of control.  

Al-Amiri said in a statement received by “People” that “in the atmosphere of media escalation through statements and counter statements, which calls for mass mobilization, and may get out of control and lead to violence, I repeat my sincere appeal to the brothers in the Sadrist movement and to the brothers in the coordinating framework to overcome them.” The logic of reason, wisdom, self-restraint, deliberation, and presenting the interests of the country and people through serious and constructive dialogue, in order to reach solutions to the points of differences between them.  

He added, "Iraqi blood is dear to everyone, and the dear Iraqi people from the seventies of the last century to this day have offered abundant and dear blood, so enough blood, and kindness to Iraqi blood, it is a trust in the necks of everyone, and the responsibility for its shedding is borne by everyone."  

• Upvote 1

Al-Sadr's minister directs supporters of the current in the provinces to take to the streets to support the Green demonstrators

Baghdad - people  

Today, Monday, Iraqi Saleh Muhammad, known as "Minister of Al-Sadr", called on the masses of the provinces to stage demonstrations in support of "green", with the exception of Najaf governorate only.  

And a post by Al-Iraqi followed by "Nass" (August 1, 2022), stated, "Praise be to God for his success.. If you help God, he will help you and establish your feet, and the brothers in the provinces should support their brothers in the Green Zone by demonstrating peacefully, each in his province this afternoon and at five o'clock exclusively, with the exception of This is Najaf Al-Ashraf.  

me_ga.php?id=39572  

Al-Iraqi announced, earlier, conditions for accepting the initiative of the head of the Al-Fateh Alliance, Hadi Al-Amiri.  

Al-Iraqi said in a post followed by "Nass" (August 1, 2022), that "the brother Al-Amiri repeatedly called for dialogue between the framework (to which he belongs) and the Sadrist movement, which abandoned him.    

Second: An explicit denunciation of the words of (Spiderman) which he stated in the leaks a few days ago.    

Third: You were among the signatories to a reform document..it was not implemented.. who is the guarantor of the implementation of reformist dialogue?! You must specify a guarantor in order to save Iraq from the teeth of corruption.”    

me_ga.php?id=39571  

Earlier in the day, the head of the Al-Fateh Alliance, Hadi Al-Amiri, made a new appeal to the coordination framework and the Sadrist movement, while warning that things would get out of control.  

Al-Amiri said in a statement received by “People” that “in the atmosphere of media escalation through statements and counter statements, which calls for mass mobilization, and may get out of control and lead to violence, I repeat my sincere appeal to the brothers in the Sadrist movement and to the brothers in the coordinating framework to overcome them.” The logic of reason, wisdom, self-restraint, deliberation, and presenting the interests of the country and people through serious and constructive dialogue, in order to reach solutions to the points of differences between them.    

He added, "Iraqi blood is dear to everyone, and the dear Iraqi people from the seventies of the last century to this day have offered abundant and dear blood, so enough blood, and kindness to Iraqi blood, it is a trust in the necks of everyone, and the responsibility for its shedding is borne by everyone."    

• Thanks 1

Comment from "Minister Al-Sadr" regarding the governorates' demonstrations

Baghdad - people   

Saleh Muhammad al-Iraqi, known as "Al-Sadr's Minister", commented on Monday about the Sadrist movement's demonstrations in the provinces.  

Al-Iraqi said in a brief post seen by "Nass" (August 1, 2022), "the demonstrations of the provinces...we want them to raise their heads."  

me_ga.php?id=39573  

Earlier, Saleh Muhammad al-Iraqiya, known as "Minister al-Sadr", called on the masses of the provinces, to stage demonstrations in support of "green", with the exception of Najaf governorate only.  

And a post by Al-Iraqi followed by "Nass" (August 1, 2022), stated, "Praise be to God for his success.. If you help God, he will help you and establish your feet, and the brothers in the provinces should support their brothers in the Green Zone by demonstrating peacefully, each in his province this afternoon and at five o'clock exclusively, with the exception of This is Najaf Al-Ashraf.    

me_ga.php?id=39572  

Al-Iraqi announced, earlier, conditions for accepting the initiative of the head of the Al-Fateh Alliance, Hadi Al-Amiri.  

Third: You were among the signatories to a reform document..it was not implemented..who is the guarantor of the implementation of reformist dialogue?! You must specify a guarantor in order to save Iraq from the teeth of corruption.”      

me_ga.php?id=39571  

Al-Amiri warns against violence and calls on the current and the framework to exercise restraint and dialogue

{Political: Al Furat News} The head of the Al-Fateh Alliance Hadi Al-Amiri called on the Sadrist movement and the coordination framework for restraint and dialogue to solve problems.

Al-Amer Yafi said in a statement received by {Euphrates News} a copy of it: “In the atmosphere of media escalation through statements and counter statements, which calls for mass mobilization, and may get out of control and lead to violence, I repeat my sincere appeal to the brothers in the Sadrist movement and to the brothers in the framework.” The coordination is to overcome the logic of reason, wisdom, restraint and deliberation, and to advance the interests of the country and people through serious and constructive dialogue, in order to reach solutions to the points of differences between them.”

He added, "Iraqi blood is dear to everyone, and the dear Iraqi people from the seventies of the last century to this day offered abundant and dear blood, so enough blood, and kindness with Iraqi blood, it is a trust in everyone's necks, and the responsibility for its shedding is borne by everyone, I swear to you by the injury of Abi Abdullah Al-Hussein, peace be upon him. If they rely on understanding and dialogue, God is God in Iraq, God is in Iraq, God is in the Iraqi people, God is in the sacred blood in the sacred month.”

General Head of the Bani Asad tribe: We do not take sides without the other, and we are under the reference

{Political: Al-Furat News} The head of the Bani Asad tribe, Dari Tha'ban Al-Khayun, announced that no political party should be biased over the other.

Al-Khayun said in a statement: "Our beloved country is going through this difficult time that requires us to cohesion and interdependence to ward off sedition, and we in the Bani Asad tribe and all other authentic Arab tribes affirm our commitment not to take sides without the other."
He added, "We affirm that we are at the disposal of our great references in Najaf, we say what you say and we do what you order us to do, and what you see is the right thing for the sake of national unity and to prevent fighting among the people."
It is noteworthy that demonstrators from the Sadrist movement have been camping in the parliament since last Saturday, while demonstrators believed to be following the coordination framework intend this afternoon to "support legitimacy and restore the prestige of the state" amid security tension and the deployment of the armed forces, especially in the vicinity and approaches of the Green Zone.

Al-Abadi welcomes calls for dialogue and supports "any understandings for a solution"

{Political: Al Furat News} Haider Al-Abadi, the head of the Leadership Council of the National State Forces Alliance, welcomed the calls for dialogue to end the current political crisis.

Al-Abadi said in a tweet on Twitter: "It is evidence of the wisdom of all parties. I have repeatedly called for dialogue and understanding, and today I renew the call, bless and support any understandings of a solution, whatever their results, as long as it preserves the security and stability of Iraq and its people and the welfare of its citizens."
It is noteworthy that demonstrators from the Sadrist movement have been camping in the parliament since last Saturday, while demonstrators believed to be following the coordination framework intend this afternoon to "support legitimacy and restore the prestige of the state" amid security tension and the deployment of the armed forces, especially in the vicinity and approaches of the Green Zone.

Today, Monday, Muqtada al-Sadr, a close associate of the leader of the Sadrist movement, denied allegations of ending the sit-in and withdrawing from the parliament building and the Green Zone.

Saleh Muhammad al-Iraqi said, in a statement followed by Alsumaria News, that "there is no truth to the allegations of ending the sit-in and withdrawing from the parliament building and the Green Zone temporarily until consultations with other political blocs are reached and a solution to the outstanding problems is reached."

ExtImage-8307286-476646784.jpg

• Pow! 1

A legal outlet that allows the sessions of the Iraqi parliament to be held outside the capital

165 Policy 2022/08/01 15:49 Baghdad today -

Baghdad Today, Monday, legal expert Ali Al-Tamimi clarified the possibility of holding parliament sessions in another province or in Kurdistan, after Al-Sadr's supporters set up an open meeting in the parliament building. Al-Tamimi told (Baghdad Today), "Parliament sessions may be held outside the capital, in reference to Article 21 of the Parliament's internal system, which said Parliament sessions are held in Baghdad and can be held in other places when necessary." He added, "The text permitted that it be held in another province, and the term places in it include all provinces, even the provinces of the Kurdistan region, meaning that it can be held, when necessary, in any province other than Baghdad."

• Upvote 1

Al-Sadr supporters sit-in: a state of anticipation prevails in Baghdad, with demonstrations expected for the coordination framework

Monday 2022/8/1

Sadr's supporters in parliament.

Reuters

Baghdad fears an escalation of the situation in the "Green Zone" where the Iraqi parliament is located, while the Iraqi capital prepares for protests against the cleric Muqtada al-Sadr.

Hundreds of Sadr's followers are continuing their sit-in in the Iraqi parliament.

Supporters of the Shiite cleric stormed the building Saturday for the second time in three days, after demolishing concrete walls in the fortified "Green Zone".

This step aims to prevent the competing parliamentary bloc "Coordination Framework" from voting on choosing a new prime minister.

The coordination framework, which includes political forces and loyal to Iran, accused al-Sadr of plotting a coup, and called for a counter-protest in Baghdad on Monday, which raised fears of an escalation of the situation.

The unrest comes after nine months of stalemate during which differences between the various political factions prevented the formation of a new government.

What did the chest say?

Cleric Muqtada al-Sadr has urged other factions to support the protest started by his supporters due to a disagreement over who should appoint the next prime minister.

He called on his supporters to protest peacefully across the country - an escalation of protests that began in the capital, Baghdad, over what he described as political corruption.

Al-Sadr praised what he called the "spontaneous revolution in the Green Zone" as an opportunity to bring about "radical change."

In a statement on his Twitter account, he said that these developments represented "a great opportunity to fundamentally change the political system, the constitution and the elections."

Saleh Muhammad al-Iraqi, who is close to the leader of the Sadrist movement, warned the sit-in in the parliament against "infiltrators", stressing the need to "reject all acts of violence, sabotage and bloodshed."

On Monday, protests are scheduled to begin in all Iraqi provinces at 17:00 local time, with the exception of the holy city of Najaf, according to media outlets.

Some of Sadr's supporters are women.

Reuters

What did the coordination framework say?

On the other hand, the Organizing Committee for Supporting Legitimacy and Preserving State Institutions, affiliated to the Coordination Framework of Shiite political forces, issued a statement calling on the Iraqi people to "demonstrate peacefully to defend their state and the future of their children."

The committee warned that recent developments "warn of planning a suspicious coup, hijacking the state, insulting its constitutional institutions and canceling the democratic process in it."

The coordinating framework had held a meeting on Sunday evening, in which it discussed the storming of the Green Zone by the followers of the Sadrist movement and their sit-in inside the House of Representatives and its repercussions.

The sit-in by al-Sadr's supporters came in protest against the nomination of the coordinating framework of Muhammad Shiaa al-Sudani - considered by some to be close to former Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki and a supporter of Iran - for the position of prime minister.

Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesman Nasser Kinani Shafi said that the differences between the Iraqi parties are an internal matter, and that Iran believes that the Iraqi political parties can resolve the existing differences peacefully and within the constitutional framework.

These statements are the first official reaction from Iran to the recent developments in Iraq.

"one space"

On the other hand, the Iraqi Ministry of Defense denied reports on social media that the commander of the 11th Infantry Division announced that he was standing with the demonstrators.

The ministry stressed that the Iraqi army is at the service of the people and "stands at the same distance from the Iraqis." The ministry added that the duty of the security forces is to protect the demonstrators, protect public and private property, and clamp down on those it described as "infiltrators who are trying to destabilize security by exploiting the circumstances," as it put it.

More than 120 people were injured in the recent unrest. The Iraqi Ministry of Health said about 100 of those injured on Saturday were civilians, in addition to 25 security personnel.

Earlier, Parliament Speaker, Muhammad al-Halbousi, announced the suspension of all parliament sessions until further notice.

Al-Halbousi also called on Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kadhimi to take the necessary measures to protect state institutions and the demonstrators.

Al-Halbousi called on the country's rival politicians to hold an "urgent national meeting."

Chest tenderness.

Reuters

Sadr's supporters vowed to continue the sit-in until their demands are met.

Cause of stress

The tension dates back to October, when Sadr's bloc won 73 seats in the elections, making it the largest faction in the 329-seat parliament.

But talks to form a new government have stalled for months. Last month, deputies from the Sadr bloc resigned.

64 new MPs were sworn in later in June, making the Coordination Framework the largest coalition in parliament.

Last week, the Coordination Framework announced the selection of Muhammad Shia'a al-Sudani as a candidate for the position of prime minister.

Al-Sadr's supporters oppose Al-Sudani's candidacy.

The political blockage in the country has disrupted many of the measures that Iraq needs.

The paralysis left the country without a budget for 2022, which led to the suspension of spending on much-needed infrastructure projects and the implementation of economic reforms.

Iraqis say the situation is exacerbating the lack of services and jobs even as the oil-rich country gets record oil income due to high crude prices.

Al-Kazemi's government runs the country's affairs until a new government is formed.

Al-Kazemi took office in 2019, in the wake of mass demonstrations protesting the difficult conditions and corruption, and led to the resignation of his predecessor, Adel Abdul-Mahdi.

• Thanks 1

2022-08-01 03:08

Shafaq News/ Head of Al-Fateh Alliance Hadi Al-Amiri issued on Monday a new call to the Sadrist movement and the coordination framework for "restraint", warning that mass mobilization may get out of control and lead to violence.

Al-Amiri said in a statement received by Shafaq News Agency, "In the atmosphere of media escalation through statements and counter statements, which call for mass mobilization, and may get out of control and lead to violence, I repeat my sincere appeal to the brothers in the Sadrist movement and to the brothers in the coordination framework to overcome the logic of Reason, wisdom, self-restraint, deliberation, and advancing the interests of the country and people through serious and constructive dialogue, in order to reach solutions to the points of differences between them.

Al-Amiri pointed out that "Iraqi blood is dear to everyone, and the dear Iraqi people from the seventies of the last century to this day have offered abundant and dear blood," stressing, "Enough blood, and be kind to Iraqi blood, for it is a trust in the necks of everyone, and the responsibility for its shedding is borne by everyone."

And he concluded by saying, "I swear to you by the affliction of Abi Abdullah Al-Hussein, if you leave to understanding and dialogue, God is in Iraq, God is in Iraq, God is in the Iraqi people, God is in sacred blood in the sacred month."

The Iraqi street is awaiting what will happen to the situation in the capital, Baghdad, after counter calls from the leader of the Sadrist movement on the one hand, and the forces of the Shiite coordination framework on the other hand, to demonstrate in front of and inside the green walls.

The dispute is intensifying between the Sadrists, who are holding a sit-in at the Iraqi parliament's headquarters in the Green Zone, and the coordination framework that called on its supporters to demonstrate near it.

Al-Sadr had announced the "liberation" of the Green Zone, and called on the Iraqis to participate in changing the political system and the constitution in Iraq.

While the preparatory committee for the coordination framework demonstrations called on its supporters to demonstrate at five in the afternoon in front of the green walls, indicating that it will be in the presence of leaders in the framework and the popular crowd, and will not carry any anti-Sadr slogans, but rather against the government of Mustafa Al-Kazemi, as the airport road will be cut off, in order to ensure that no dining table.

2022-08-01 04:33

Shafaq News/ On Monday, Minister of Al-Sadr Saleh Muhammad Al-Iraqi set 3 conditions for accepting the invitation of the head of the Al-Fateh Alliance Hadi Al-Amiri for dialogue between the Sadrist movement and the coordination framework.

Al-Iraqi said in a tweet seen by Shafak News Agency, "The brother Al-Amiri's call for dialogue between the framework (to which he belongs) and the Sadrist movement, which he abandoned, is repeated. Spyder Man) which he stated in the leaks a few days ago.

He added, "You were among the signatories to a reform document... it was not implemented... who is the guarantor of the implementation of reform dialogue?!

Today, Monday, Hadi al-Amiri, head of the Al-Fateh Alliance, issued a new call to the Sadrist movement and the coordination framework for "restraint", warning that mass mobilization may get out of control and lead to violence.

Al-Amiri said in a statement received by Shafaq News Agency, "In the atmosphere of media escalation through statements and counter statements, which call for mass mobilization, and may get out of control and lead to violence, I repeat my sincere appeal to the brothers in the Sadrist movement and to the brothers in the coordination framework to overcome the logic of Reason, wisdom, self-restraint, deliberation, and advancing the interests of the country and people through serious and constructive dialogue, in order to reach solutions to the points of differences between them.

Al-Amiri pointed out that "Iraqi blood is dear to everyone, and the dear Iraqi people from the seventies of the last century to this day have offered abundant and dear blood," stressing, "Enough blood, and be kind to Iraqi blood, for it is a trust in the necks of everyone, and the responsibility for its shedding is borne by everyone."

And he concluded by saying, "I swear to you by the affliction of Abi Abdullah Al-Hussein, if you leave to understanding and dialogue, God is in Iraq, God is in Iraq, God is in the Iraqi people, God is in sacred blood in the sacred month."

• Thanks 1