Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliament building devoid of demonstrators, and sit-ins are concentrated in its surroundings (new photos)

yota691

2022-07-28 04:33

Shafaq News/ Mabat, known as the minister of the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, saw today, Thursday, that the demonstration of his followers and their storming of the Green Zone in the capital, Baghdad yesterday, came in partnership with the "Tishreen", except that "a message received by the parties and understood by the judiciary and assimilated by the world."

"Disciplined masses, peaceful demonstrations, unrivaled spontaneity, speed of storming and suddenness, courage and strength of heart, obedience to the leader, high-level understanding of his taste and wishes," said (Saleh Muhammad al-Iraqi) in a statement seen by Shafak News Agency.

Al-Sadr’s minister added about yesterday’s demonstration, saying, “It was a foothold that irritates and frightens the corrupt and subordinationists. It was a small part of the current.. So what if the current was of its usual weight?”, stressing the saying “Today is a jar then.. and tomorrow?!”

He also pointed out that it is "a reform revolution in the month of reform and an extension of the master of reform, Imam Hussein," praising the "cooperation of the security forces."

He pointed out that "the participation of some loved ones from the October revolutionaries, which made it an Iraqi epic," thanking the demonstrators.

Al-Sadr's minister promised this demonstration that it was "a message received by the parties and understood by the judiciary and assimilated by the whole world," adding, "Perhaps it can serve as a message to the normalizers, the compliant, and the (M)".

He continued, "Yesterday against the dictator and today against corruption and dependency, so you reminded us of the popular revolution," addressing his followers, "You raised our heads high... God increased you in honor and honor."

Al-Iraqi quoted al-Sadr, "If the corrupt persist in their greed, stubbornness, corruption, injustice, subordination and hatred of the homeland, then the people, if they are disciplined, deserve to be the leader, and they are the ones who decide their fate."  

Yesterday afternoon, Wednesday, (July 27, 2022), a mass demonstration of supporters of the Sadrist movement began in Tahrir Square in central Baghdad, to express their rejection of the candidate of the coordination framework for the presidency of the new government, Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani, to then go to cross the Republic Bridge leading to the Green Zone, and to bring down the concrete blocks that It fortified its walls so that they could storm it, and then storm the Iraqi parliament building.

Shafak News Agency's lens documented, with a live broadcast, the entry of the Sadrist movement's supporters into the parliament building, chanting enthusiastic Sadrist slogans, while some of them are trying to reach the constitutional hall.

Later, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, directed his supporters who stormed the Iraqi parliament building and the Green Zone to return to their homes.

Al-Sadr said in a tweet, "The Muharram revolution is a revolution of reform and rejection of oppression and corruption. Your message has arrived, dear friends, for you have terrified the corrupt... #jar_then."

"Pray two rak'ahs and return to your homes safely," he added.

As a result, former Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki appeared, carrying a weapon, near his house in the Green Zone in central Baghdad.

Al-Maliki's protection team gathered around him while he was carrying a weapon, after news that followers of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, had tried to reach his house.

• Thanks 1

With a value of $ 1.5 million... Disclosure of the damages of "peaceful demonstrations" inside Parliament (photos and videos)

1,805 Policy 2022/07/28 14:56 Baghdad today -

Baghdad A document issued by the Committee of Martyrs, Victims and Political Prisoners revealed today, Thursday, the loss of several equipment from its headquarters in the House of Representatives, after it was stormed by supporters of the Sadrist movement last night, Wednesday. According to a document submitted by the Secretary of the Committee, Hussein Odeh Hamid, to the Head of the Parliamentary Committees Affairs Department and the Head of the Security Department in Parliament, and (Baghdad Today) obtained a copy of it, he said that “a complete chaos engulfed the Committee’s headquarters after breaking its main gate, breaking some devices and raising secondary ceilings. and scattering mail for committee members. According to the document, the Secretary of the Committee made an inventory of the “losts and damages” resulting from yesterday’s demonstrations, and the Committee provided the media with a video clip of its headquarters. In this context, an informed parliamentary source told (Baghdad Today), that "one of the devices that were damaged by peaceful demonstrators is the electronic voting device for members of parliament," noting that "this device was imported by the state at a value of 1.5 million dollars," while confirming (Baghdad Today), "The right of reply is guaranteed to the accused party." (Baghdad Today) publishes a video clip circulated by social media platforms, documenting what was previously mentioned from inside the headquarters of the Committee of Martyrs and Political Prisoners, and to view it click here. Yesterday, Wednesday, the capital, Baghdad, witnessed the departure of dozens of citizens with a large demonstration that started from Tahrir Square and moved at the approach of the Green Zone. Shortly after, the demonstrators managed to storm the House of Representatives building in the Green Zone, which includes government institutions and foreign embassies, in protest against the nomination of the "Coordination Framework" for former Deputy and Minister Muhammad Shia'a Al-Sudani to head the government, while the country has been mired in a complex political crisis for months. About two hours after the Sadrist movement's supporters entered, the movement's leader, Muqtada al-Sadr, called in a tweet for the demonstrators to withdraw from the Green Zone. Al-Sadr said in a tweet posted on his official account on Twitter and received by (Baghdad Today), "A revolution of reform and rejection of oppression and corruption. Your message has arrived, dear friends, for you have terrified the corrupt. Return to your homes safely."

Thursday, 28 July 2022 3:20 PM

National News Center / Baghdad

Today, Thursday, the Kurdistan Democratic Party commented on the appearance of al-Maliki armed, after the protests organized by the Sadrist movement and the entry of demonstrators to the parliament building.

A member of the Political Bureau of the Democratic Party, Jaafar Aminki, said in his blog, followed by the National News Center, "I was never impressed by the armed appearance of Mr. Nuri al-Maliki last night. This is evidence of weakness, not strength."

He added, "I respect him despite our different political views," noting, "I've known him since 2003, when we first met on Radio Sawa. He was talking about the lost future of Iraq, which we are still searching for."

The head of the State of Law coalition, Nuri al-Maliki, sparked widespread controversy after he appeared on a street with his private guard, carrying a "machine gun", coinciding with the protesters storming the parliament building.

• Thanks 1

Thursday, 28 July 2022 11:38 AM

Today, Thursday, Saleh Muhammad al-Iraqi, known as the minister of the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, issued a new comment following the events of the Green Zone yesterday and the demonstrators storming the parliament building.

Al-Iraqi said in a statement, received by the National News Center, that “the last intervention by (Al-Sadr) regarding the demonstrations is if the corrupt persist in their tyranny, stubbornness, corruption, injustice, subordination and hatred of the homeland. Congratulations to the country for you, and congratulations to you for the country.”

The text of the statement follows: In the name of the
Most High -
disciplined masses
- peaceful demonstrations
- unrivaled spontaneity
- rapid and sudden storming
- courage and strength of heart
- obedience to the leader
- a high level of understanding of his taste and wishes
- it was a foothold that enrages and frightens the corrupt and the subservient
. The current.. What if the current has its usual weight?
So today is a jar... and tomorrow?!
- Islah revolution in the month of reform and as an extension of the master of reform, Imam Hussein, peace be upon him
- the cooperation of the security forces, may God increase them in strength, honor and pride
- the participation of some loved ones from the October revolutionaries.. I made it an Iraqi epic.. Thank them
- a message received by the parties and understood by the judiciary and the whole world assimilated
- may it work To be a message to the naturalists, the compromising people, and the meem.
Yesterday against the dictator and today against corruption and dependency, so you reminded us of the popular revolution
Their stubbornness, corruption, injustice, subordination, and hatred of the homeland.. If the people are in this discipline, they deserve to be the leader and the one who decides their fate, so
congratulations to the homeland for you and congratulations to you on the homeland , for
God has honored the homeland with you and cherished you with it

8027EC2B-1F95-4530-91D1-A86DC226732B-212

• Thanks 2

Thursday, 28 July 2022 2:00 PM

Today, Thursday, the Parliamentary Committee of Martyrs and Political Prisoners revealed “missings” and “material damage” inside its headquarters in the Parliament building after demonstrators stormed it yesterday.

According to a document submitted by the Secretary of the Committee of Martyrs, Victims and Political Prisoners, Hussein Odeh Hamid, to the head of the Parliamentary Committees Affairs Department and the Head of the Parliament’s Security Department, in which he explained that “a complete chaos engulfed the committee’s headquarters after breaking its main gate, breaking some devices, raising secondary ceilings and scattering mail for members of the committee.” .

According to the document, the Secretary of the Committee took stock of the “losts and damages” resulting from yesterday's demonstrations.

The committee also provided the media with a video clip of its headquarters recorded this Thursday morning.

Thursday, 28 July 2022 4:32 PM

Baghdad / National News Center

Today, Thursday, the Director of Al-Sadr's office, Ibrahim Al-Moussawi, hinted at the renewal of the date of the demonstrations against the formation of the new government.

Al-Moussawi said in a blog post, followed by the National News Center: "The people say, isn't Saturday near?"
B34981A7-5978-41D3-8AE8-48DEAE4A8620-300

• Thanks 1

Muqtada al-Sadr to the demonstrators: If you want to withdraw from the Green Zone, I will respect this decision |#urgent
1,964 views Jul 27, 2022

Sky News Arabia

The increase in the number of demonstrators inside the headquarters of the Iraqi parliament, with us from Baghdad, the former minister, Wael Abdel Latif.
#Mohamed_Shia_Sudanese #Iraqi_Street #Iraq #IraqiParliament #the chest #Sadr_Tear #Iraqi government #coordinating_frame  #kazmi #the government #the Iraqian people 

Frank K
19 hours ago
May God protect the Iraqi people from the corrupt government. They learned corruption from their American masters.

Umm Fadel
1 hour ago
This is a movie between Al-Kazemi and the Mongolian, Shaidur Al-Kazemi, for Anbar.

Afrah Muhammed
20 hours ago
My call to every Muslim said: “Say: My Lord is the same as the sustenance of whomever he wants from his worshipers, and he is able to do it, and what you have spent from something.” Agreed upon. The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said: “There is not a day in which the servants wake up but two angels descend, and one of them says: O God, give the one who gives abundantly:اللَّهُمَّ أَعْطِ مُمْسِكًا تَلَفًا )ِ((يا ناس يا امة محمد صارت قلوبكم بلا ﺭﺣﻤﻪ ﻭﻻ ﺷﻔﻘﻪ ﻭﻻ ﺃﻧﺴﺎﻧﻴﻪ ﻛﻢ ﺷﻜﻴﺖ ﻭﻛﻢ ﺑﻜﻴﺖ ﻛﻢ ﻧﺎﺩﻳﺖ ﻭﻛﻢ ﻧﺎﺷﺪﺕ ﻭﻟﻜﻦ ﻻ ﺣﻴﺎﺓ ﻟﻤﻦ ﺗﻨﺎﺩﻱ ﻫﻞ ﻳﺮﺿﻴﻜﻢ ﺃﻥ ﺃﺧﻮﺍﻧﻲ ﻳﺒﻜﻮﻥ ﻭﻳﻤﻮﺗﻮﻥ ﻣﻦ ﺍﻟﺠﻮﻉ ﻭﺃﻧﺘﻢ ﻣﻮﺟﻮﺩﻭﻥ ﻳﻌﻠﻢ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺍﻟﻌﻠﻲ ﺍﻟﻌﻈﻴﻢ ﺃﻧﻨﺎ ﻻ We even have the value of a kilo of a minute. My father is dead and my younger brothers are not. We have no one. I swear by the Great God that they slept hungry yesterday, crying from pain. I am not deceived, because I am a displaced Yemeni girl, my family and I, our house is rent for 14 thousand Yemenis, and now we have 56 thousand right for 4 months. And let us wait for the end of the week, and if we pay him an oath by God, he will take us out into the street Without mercy, we are. Displaced from our country because of this war, and we do not find food for our day, and we live with my brothers and sisters, our father is dead, may God have mercy on him. To the street, and they saw and saw the neighbors eating. They went and stood at their door to give them, even if bread, to fill their hunger. By God, who has the king of the heavens and the earth, they closed the door and expelled them, and they came back and said, “Why is it that no one gives us food?” Now, if one of us helped us with a kilo of flour, I swear to God, I will die of hunger, my brother. I am an outsider to God, then to you, and I want you to help for the sake of God. I ask you to God you love goodness and help me as much as possible. You can contact me on WhatsApp 00967716842761 and ask for the name of my card and send and do not delay and God will compensate you with all the best in my brother. Your family is hungry Impossible in order to ensure them food, but I have a daughter with insight and my hand is short. I do not have a father like you who stands beside me and protects me from humiliation and insults. My brothers are small. See how they are doing and help us and save us before they drive us out on the street. You falter or die of hunger. You have to write a letter from this message and that I did not ask you to someone who is in distress and from the harsh conditions and the situation in which we are in, and my family and I ask you by God. okay..,, a,, , ,, , ,, , ,, , ,

Sanaa Abdel Hakim
20 hours ago
My call to every Muslim said: “Say: My Lord is the same as the sustenance of whomever he wants from his worshipers, and he is able to do it, and what you have spent from something.” Agreed upon. The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said: “There is not a day in which the servants wake up but two angels descend, and one of them says: O God, give the one who gives abundantly:اللَّهُمَّ أَعْطِ مُمْسِكًا تَلَفًا )ِ((يا ناس يا امة محمد صارت قلوبكم بلا ﺭﺣﻤﻪ ﻭﻻ ﺷﻔﻘﻪ ﻭﻻ ﺃﻧﺴﺎﻧﻴﻪ ﻛﻢ ﺷﻜﻴﺖ ﻭﻛﻢ ﺑﻜﻴﺖ ﻛﻢ ﻧﺎﺩﻳﺖ ﻭﻛﻢ ﻧﺎﺷﺪﺕ ﻭﻟﻜﻦ ﻻ ﺣﻴﺎﺓ ﻟﻤﻦ ﺗﻨﺎﺩﻱ ﻫﻞ ﻳﺮﺿﻴﻜﻢ ﺃﻥ ﺃﺧﻮﺍﻧﻲ ﻳﺒﻜﻮﻥ ﻭﻳﻤﻮﺗﻮﻥ ﻣﻦ ﺍﻟﺠﻮﻉ ﻭﺃﻧﺘﻢ ﻣﻮﺟﻮﺩﻭﻥ ﻳﻌﻠﻢ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺍﻟﻌﻠﻲ ﺍﻟﻌﻈﻴﻢ ﺃﻧﻨﺎ ﻻ We even have the value of a kilo of a minute. My father is dead and my younger brothers are not. We have no one. I swear by the Great God that they slept hungry yesterday, crying from pain. I am not deceived, because I am a displaced Yemeni girl, my family and I, our house is rent for 14 thousand Yemenis, and now we have 56 thousand right for 4 months. And let us wait for the end of the week, and if we pay him an oath by God, he will take us out into the street Without mercy, we are. Displaced from our country because of this war, and we do not find food for our day, and we live with my brothers and sisters, our father is dead, may God have mercy on him. To the street, and they saw and saw the neighbors eating. They went and stood at their door to give them, even if bread, to fill their hunger. By God, who has the king of the heavens and the earth, they closed the door and expelled them, and they came back and said, “Why is it that no one gives us food?” And now, if one of us helped us with a kilo of flour, I swear to God, I will die of hunger, my brother. I am an outsider to God, then to you, and I want your help for the sake of God. I appeal to God that you love good and help me as much as possible. You can contact me on WhatsApp 00967736262719 and ask for the name of my card and send and do not delay and God will compensate you with all the best in my brother. Your family is hungry Impossible in order to ensure them food, but I have a daughter with insight and my hand is short. I do not have a father like you who stands beside me and protects me from humiliation and insults. My brothers are small. See how they are doing and help us and save us before they drive us out on the street. You falter or die of hunger. You have to write a letter from this message and that I did not ask you to someone who is in distress and from the harsh conditions and the situation in which we are in, and my family and I ask you by God. okay..haeeee

I entrusted my command to God
20 hours ago
My call to every Muslim said: “Say: My Lord is the same as the sustenance of whomever he wants from his worshipers, and he is able to do it, and what you have spent from something.” Agreed upon. The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said: “There is not a day in which the servants wake up but two angels descend, and one of them says: O God, give the one who gives abundantly:اللَّهُمَّ أَعْطِ مُمْسِكًا تَلَفًا )ِ((يا ناس يا امة محمد صارت قلوبكم بلا ﺭﺣﻤﻪ ﻭﻻ ﺷﻔﻘﻪ ﻭﻻ ﺃﻧﺴﺎﻧﻴﻪ ﻛﻢ ﺷﻜﻴﺖ ﻭﻛﻢ ﺑﻜﻴﺖ ﻛﻢ ﻧﺎﺩﻳﺖ ﻭﻛﻢ ﻧﺎﺷﺪﺕ ﻭﻟﻜﻦ ﻻ ﺣﻴﺎﺓ ﻟﻤﻦ ﺗﻨﺎﺩﻱ ﻫﻞ ﻳﺮﺿﻴﻜﻢ ﺃﻥ ﺃﺧﻮﺍﻧﻲ ﻳﺒﻜﻮﻥ ﻭﻳﻤﻮﺗﻮﻥ ﻣﻦ ﺍﻟﺠﻮﻉ ﻭﺃﻧﺘﻢ ﻣﻮﺟﻮﺩﻭﻥ ﻳﻌﻠﻢ ﺍﻟﻠﻪ ﺍﻟﻌﻠﻲ ﺍﻟﻌﻈﻴﻢ ﺃﻧﻨﺎ ﻻ We even have the value of a kilo of a minute. My father is dead and my younger brothers are not. We have no one. I swear by the Great God that they slept hungry yesterday, crying from pain. I am not deceived that I am a Yemeni girl, displaced from Taiz, my family and I, our house rent is 14 thousand Yemenis, and now we have 42 thousand right for 3 months. And they came back and spoke to the neighbors and waited for the end of the week, and if we gave him an oath to God, he would take us out to The street is without mercy and we are. Displaced from our country because of this war, and we do not find food for our day, and we live with my brothers and sisters, our father is dead, may God have mercy on him. To the street, and they saw and saw the neighbors eating. They went and stood at their door to give them, even if bread, to fill their hunger. By God, who has the king of the heavens and the earth, they closed the door and expelled them, and they came back and said, “Why is it that no one gives us food?” Now, if one of us helped us with a kilo of flour, I swear to God, I will die of hunger, my brother. I am an outsider to God, then to you, and I want you to help for the sake of God. I appeal to God that you love goodness and help me as much as possible. You can contact me on WhatsApp 00967775884250 and ask for the name of my card, send and do not delay, and God will compensate you with all the best, my brother. You are men if you recover Your family is hungry Impossible in order to ensure them food, but I have a daughter with insight and my hand is short. I do not have a father like you who stands beside me and protects me from humiliation and insults. My brothers are small. See how they are doing and help us and save us before they drive us out on the street. You falter or die of hunger. You have to write a letter from this message and that I did not ask you to those who are in distress and from the harsh conditions and the situation in which we are in, and my family and I ask you by God. Good….:

• Thanks 1

Al-Maliki leaked an armed attack on Najaf, and Al-Sadr responded by storming the parliament in Baghdad | pointer
4,336 views Jul 27, 2022

Syria TV

#Syria_TV #syriaTV
The Iraqi capital, Baghdad, is in flames again, as Iraqi demonstrators stormed the Green Zone and the Iraqi parliament, in protest against the political quotas in the country. All this scene was against the background of leaks by Nuri al-Maliki, who threatened to storm Najaf and end Muqtada al-Sadr. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Pictures circulating of Al-Maliki carrying a weapon near his house after protesters stormed the Green Zone
604,991 views Jul 27, 2022

AlHadath event

Pictures circulating of Al-Maliki carrying a weapon near his house after protesters stormed the Green Zone

• Thanks 1

INAF_20220728172442315.jpg?404=d&h=946&w

During the past hours, activists on social media circulated pictures of the former Iraqi Prime Minister and head of the State of Law Coalition, Nuri al-Maliki, carrying his weapon among a group of gunmen inside the Green Zone in Baghdad.
Others published video clips that they said were of members of the Popular Mobilization that spread next to al-Maliki's house, after the events of the storming of the Iraqi parliament by supporters of the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr.

Activists also added that the pictures of al-Maliki came after the demonstrators withdrew from the parliament building after a tweet from al-Sadr in which he ordered them to withdraw, saying, "Go back to your homes, you have terrified the corrupt."
In the same context, al-Maliki criticized the storming of al-Sadr's followers in the government's Green Zone and the Iraqi parliament building.
And he said in a press statement, "The entry of demonstrators from any side to the courtyards of Parliament in the Green Zone and violating the security protection of the region, is a flagrant violation of the legitimate right to demonstrate."
It is noteworthy that the relationship between al-Sadr and al-Maliki has recently been strained after the spread of audio leaks attributed to the head of the State of Law coalition, which has caused an uproar in political and popular circles.

INAF_20220728172514287.jpg?maxheight=120
INAF_20220728172514332.jpg?maxheight=120
INAF_20220728172513933.jpg?maxheight=120
Source: Arabic

• Thanks 1

Minister Al-Sadr .. Yesterday's demonstrations are a message to the parties and the judiciary understands them, and "Today is a jar then..and tomorrow?!

Thursday, July 28, 2022 at 13:11 pm (165) views

Minister Al-Sadr .. Yesterday's demonstrations are a message to the parties and the judiciary understands them, and "Today is a jar then..and tomorrow?!

Sky Press 

The Minister of the Sadrist movement, Saleh Muhammad al-Iraqi, announced today, Thursday, in a statement, about yesterday’s demonstrations, that they are “disciplined masses, peaceful demonstrations, unrivaled spontaneity, rapid and surprising storming, courage and strength of heart, obedience to the leader, high level understanding of his taste and wishes.”

And Al-Sadr's minister added, "It was a foothold that irritates and frightens the corrupt and subordinationists, it was a small part of the current... So what if the current had its usual weight?", stressing the saying "Today is a jar then... and tomorrow?!"

20220728_012118-904.jpeg

He also pointed out that it is "a reform revolution in the month of reform and an extension of the master of reform, Imam Hussein," praising the "cooperation of the security forces."

He pointed out that "the participation of some loved ones from the October revolutionaries, which made it an Iraqi epic," thanking the demonstrators.

Al-Sadr's minister promised this demonstration that it was "a message received by the parties and understood by the judiciary and assimilated by the whole world," adding, "Perhaps it can serve as a message to the normalizers, the compliant, and the (M)".

He continued, "Yesterday against the dictator and today against corruption and dependency, so you reminded us of the popular revolution," addressing his followers, "You raised our heads high... God increased you in honor and honor."

Al-Iraqi quoted al-Sadr, "If the corrupt persist in their greed, stubbornness, corruption, injustice, subordination and hatred of the homeland, then the people, if they are disciplined, deserve to be the leader, and they are the ones who decide their fate." 

Yesterday afternoon, Wednesday, (July 27, 2022), a mass demonstration of supporters of the Sadrist movement began in Tahrir Square in central Baghdad, to express their rejection of the candidate of the coordination framework for the presidency of the new government, Muhammad Shiaa Al-Sudani, to then go to cross the Republic Bridge leading to the Green Zone, and to bring down the concrete blocks that It fortified its walls so that they could storm it, and then storm the Iraqi parliament building.

Later, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, directed his supporters who stormed the Iraqi parliament building and the Green Zone to return to their homes.

Al-Sadr said in a tweet, "The Muharram revolution is a revolution of reform and rejection of oppression and corruption. Your message has arrived, dear friends, for you have terrified the corrupt... #jar_then."

"Pray two rak'ahs and return to your homes safely," he added.

As a result, former Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki appeared, carrying a weapon, near his house in the Green Zone in central Baghdad.

Al-Maliki's protection team gathered around him while he was carrying a weapon, after news that followers of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, had tried to reach his house.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Hundreds of protesters storm Iraq parliament in support of cleric Moqtada al-Sadr

Police fired teargas in a bid to stop crowds who entered parliament waving flags, taking photographs, chanting and cheering

• Thanks 2

Why the hell won't anyone take out that POS!! You mean to tell me that there is not one suicide bomber out there that will kill that motha effa! How is able to walk the streets like that...

Edited by jake21
  • Like 1
  • Pow! 8

Hundreds of protesters storm Iraq parliament in support of cleric Moqtada al-Sadr

Police fired teargas in a bid to stop crowds who entered parliament waving flags, taking photographs, chanting and cheering

A supporter of Iraqi cleric Moqtada al-Sadr makes a victory symbol as he lies on the desk of the speaker of the Iraqi parliament. A supporter of Iraqi cleric Moqtada al-Sadr lies on the desk of the speaker of the Iraqi parliament. Photograph: Ahmad Al-Rubaye/AFP/Getty Images

Agence France-Presse
Wed 27 Jul 2022 21.47 EDT
  •  
  •  
  •  

Hundreds of supporters of powerful Iraqi cleric Moqtada al-Sadr danced and sang in parliament after storming Baghdad’s high-security Green Zone in protest at a rival bloc’s nomination for prime minister.

Police fired barrages of teargas in a bid to stop the protesters from breaching the gates of the heavily fortified Green Zone, but the crowds surged forward and entered parliament.

“I am against the corrupt officials who are in power,” said protester Mohamed Ali, a 41-year-old day labourer, one of the hundreds who entered the zone that is home to both government buildings and diplomatic missions, before later leaving peacefully.

Demonstrators packed inside the Iraqi parliament building Demonstrators gathered inside the Iraqi parliament building after they stormed the so-called ‘Green Zone’. Photograph: Ahmed Jalil/EPA

The protests are the latest challenge for oil-rich Iraq, which remains mired in a political and a socioeconomic crisis despite soaring global energy prices.

Sadr’s bloc emerged from elections in October as the biggest parliamentary faction, but was still far short of a majority and, nine months on, deadlock persists over the establishment of a new government.

Crowds wandered around the parliament building waving national flags, taking photographs, chanting and cheering.

The prime minister, Mustafa al-Kadhemi, called on the protesters to “immediately withdraw”, warning that the security forces would ensure “the protection of state institutions and foreign missions, and prevent any harm to security and order”.

But it took orders issued by the Shia leader Sadr before the crowds of protesters started to leave nearly two hours later.

“Revolution of reform, and rejection of injustice and corruption,” Sadr wrote on Twitter, in support of the protesters.

“Your message has been heard … you have terrorised the corrupt”, he added, calling on the demonstrators to say a prayer “before returning home safe and sound”.

“We obey the Sayyed,” the crowds chanted as they calmly left parliament, a term honouring Sadr by acknowledging him as a descendant of the Prophet Mohammed.

Supporters hold a picture of Iraqi Shia cleric Moqtada al-Sadr inside the parliament building in Baghdad. Supporters of Iraqi Shia cleric Moqtada al-Sadr seen inside the parliament building in Baghdad. Photograph: Ahmed Saad/Reuters

Sadr’s bloc won 73 seats in last year’s election, making it the largest faction in the 329-seat parliament. But since the vote, talks to form a new government have stalled.

The protesters oppose the candidacy of Mohammed al-Sudani, a former minister and ex-provincial governor, who is the pro-Iran Coordination Framework’s pick for premier.

The Coordination Framework draws lawmakers from former premier Nuri al-Maliki’s party and the pro-Iran Fatah Alliance, the political arm of the Shia-led former paramilitary group Hashed al-Shaabi.

“I am against Sudani’s candidacy, because he is corrupt,” added protester Mohamed Ali.

“We reject the whole political process”, said Bashar, a protester in parliament, giving only his first name. “We want an independent person who serves the people.”

Iraq was plunged deeper into political crisis last month when Sadr’s 73 lawmakers quit en masse.

Sadr had initially supported the idea of a “majority government” which would have sent his Shia adversaries from the Coordination Framework into opposition.

The former militia leader then surprised many by compelling his lawmakers to resign, a move seen as seeking to pressure his rivals to fast-track the establishment of a government.

Sixty-four new lawmakers were sworn in later in June, making the pro-Iran bloc the largest in parliament.

Iraqi security forces stand guard as protesters attempt to storm Green Zone. Iraqi security forces stand guard as protesters attempt to storm Green Zone. Photograph: Ahmed Jalil/EPA

Earlier this month, hundreds of thousands of Muslim worshippers loyal to Sadr attended a Friday prayer service in Baghdad, in a display of political might.

The huge turnout came despite scorching heat and the Shia cleric not being there in person – an indication of his status as a political heavyweight, as well as a key religious authority.

Link: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/jul/28/hundreds-of-protesters-storm-iraq-parliament-in-support-of-cleric-moqtada-al-sadr

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

2 hours ago, ronscarpa said:

He's being brave and no gear with the heat he is under. You don't have to be an expert marksman for

a clean potato head shot. I'm  kidding. Kinda. His ego is bigger than his spud brain

#BBCTrending
Nouri al-Maliki carrying a weapon after the Sadrists stormed the Iraqi parliament
20,479 views Jul 28, 2022