Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliament building devoid of demonstrators, and sit-ins are concentrated in its surroundings (new photos)

yota691

Well I guess the inevitable has finally gotten here. 
Al-Sadr needs hundreds of thousands to hit the streets and stay there until Maliki has been dealt with. 
All these arrests warrants that was supposedly issued needs to be served an the crooks be jailed. 
Somehow they need to vote in a president and PM so they can move forward, the budget needs to be voted on and a decision on the HCL needs finalized…

• Upvote 8

Coinciding with entering the Green Zone, 'Minister Al-Sadr' tweets one word

Baghdad - people  

Today, Wednesday, Saleh Muhammad al-Iraqi, known as "Al-Sadr's Minister", published a tweet, coinciding with the entry of the Sadrist movement's supporters into the Green Zone.  

Al-Iraqi wrote in his brief tweet, which was followed by "Nass" (July 27, 2022), "Oh Zahraa", without any other details.  

me_ga.php?id=39371  

Earlier, protesters in the capital, Baghdad, entered the Green Zone, the seat of the Iraqi government and diplomatic missions.  

These developments, which were accompanied by "Nass" (July 27, 2022), came after protest marches in Tahrir Square in the center of the capital, Baghdad, to supporters who raised slogans supporting the Sadrist movement.    

On Wednesday, a group of supporters of the Sadrist movement organized a sit-in in Tahrir Square in the center of the capital, Baghdad.  

Pictures monitored by "People" (July 27, 2022), showed gatherings of Sadrist supporters at Tahrir Square in central Baghdad, while the security forces deployed and cut off the road coming from the Karada Mariam area towards Tahrir Square.      

Other photos showed the organization of another gathering by supporters of the Sadrist movement at the Jumhuriya Bridge.      

me_ga.php?id=39352me_ga.php?id=39353me_ga.php?id=39356me_ga.php?id=39355me_ga.php?id=39358me_ga.php?id=39360me_ga.php?id=39357me_ga.php?id=39359

• Upvote 1

Video of protesters inside the parliament building

Baghdad - people   

On Wednesday, demonstrators stormed the Iraqi parliament building in the Green Zone in the center of the capital, Baghdad.  

A video recording monitored by "Nass" (July 27, 2022) documented the protesters entering the parliament building.  

The Prime Minister, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Mustafa Al-Kazemi, called, earlier, for a commitment to the peaceful demonstrations, while the protesters demanded an immediate withdrawal from the Green Zone.  

Al-Kazemi said in a statement received by "Nass" (July 27, 2022), that he "calls his sons, the demonstrators, to abide by their peace, to preserve public and private properties, and to the instructions of the security forces responsible for protecting them according to the regulations and laws, and to immediately withdraw from the Green Zone."      

"The security forces will be committed to protecting state institutions and international missions, and preventing any disruption to security and order," he added.      

Earlier, protesters in the capital, Baghdad, entered the Green Zone.  

These developments, which were accompanied by "Nass" (July 27, 2022), came after protest marches in Tahrir Square in the center of the capital, Baghdad, to supporters who raised slogans supporting the Sadrist movement.    

And organized a group of supporters of the Sadrist movement, earlier, a stand in Tahrir Square in the center of the capital, Baghdad.  

Pictures monitored by "People" (July 27, 2022), showed gatherings of Sadrist supporters at Tahrir Square in central Baghdad, while the security forces deployed and cut off the road coming from the Karada Mariam area towards Tahrir Square.            

Other photos showed the organization of another gathering by supporters of the Sadrist movement at the Jumhuriya Bridge.      

me_ga.php?id=39352  

me_ga.php?id=39353  

me_ga.php?id=39356  

me_ga.php?id=39355  

me_ga.php?id=39360  

me_ga.php?id=39357  

me_ga.php?id=39359 

Al-Sadr's Minister addresses the demonstrators after storming Al-Khadra and the parliament building

Baghdad - people  

On Wednesday, Saleh Muhammad al-Iraqi, known as "Minister al-Sadr," conveyed a message from the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, to the demonstrators, coinciding with their entry into the Green Zone and the parliament building.  

Following is the text of the message:  

In the name of God  

I stand in respect, she  

A wonderful popular reformist spontaneous message  

thank you  

And the people are plotting against you  

Your safety is more important than everything  

If you want to withdraw, I will respect this decision  

about him  

Saleh Mohammed Al Iraqi  

Al-Iraqi's position comes after the demonstrators stormed the Green Zone and entered several government institutions, including the parliament building.  

A video recording followed by "Nass" (July 27, 2022) documented the demonstrators entering the parliament building in the Green Zone in the center of the capital, Baghdad.  

The Prime Minister, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Mustafa Al-Kazemi, called, earlier, for a commitment to the peaceful demonstrations, while the protesters demanded an immediate withdrawal from the Green Zone.  

Al-Kazemi said in a statement received by "Nass" (July 27, 2022), that he "calls his sons, the demonstrators, to abide by their peace, to preserve public and private properties, and to the instructions of the security forces responsible for protecting them according to the regulations and laws, and to immediately withdraw from the Green Zone."        

"The security forces will be committed to protecting state institutions and international missions, and preventing any disruption to security and order," he added.        

And organized a group of supporters of the Sadrist movement, earlier, a stand in Tahrir Square in the center of the capital, Baghdad.  

me_ga.php?id=39352  

me_ga.php?id=39353

Protesters enter the parliament building again (photos)

Baghdad - people   

On Wednesday, the demonstrators returned to enter the parliament building again after leaving the place for a short time.  

Pictures obtained by "Nass" (July 27, 2022), showed demonstrators wandering inside the corridors of the House of Representatives.  

me_ga.php?id=39385  

me_ga.php?id=39384  

me_ga.php?id=39383  

me_ga.php?id=39378  

me_ga.php?id=39379  

me_ga.php?id=39380  

me_ga.php?id=39381  

me_ga.php?id=39382  

On Wednesday, the Prime Minister and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Mustafa Al-Kazemi, called on the demonstrators to immediately withdraw from the parliament building.  

Al-Kazemi said in a statement that "Nass" received a copy (July 27, 2022), that he "calls on the demonstrators to immediately withdraw from the parliament building, which represents the authority of the people and the law."    

On Wednesday, Saleh Muhammad al-Iraqi, known as "Minister of al-Sadr," conveyed a message from the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, to the demonstrators, coinciding with their entry into the Green Zone and the parliament building.  

In the name of God      

I stand in respect, she      

thank you      

About him..Saleh Muhammad Al-Iraqi      

Demonstrators stormed, earlier, the Iraqi parliament building in the Green Zone in the center of the capital, Baghdad.    

A statement from the coordination framework regarding the demonstrations of the Sadrist movement's supporters

Baghdad - people   

Today, Wednesday, the coordination framework announced a position on the events taking place in the Green Zone.  

The framework said in a statement received by "Nass" (July 27, 2022): "Dear Iraqi people, after the coordinating framework forces completed the practical steps to start forming a national service government and agreed unanimously to nominate a national figure known for their efficiency and integrity, they monitored and since yesterday suspicious movements and calls It urges chaos, stirs up strife, and strikes civil peace.”  

He added, "The rapid events that took place today, allowing the demonstrators to enter the special government zone, storming the parliament and constitutional institutions, and the failure of the concerned forces to perform their duties raises suspicions greatly."  

The framework holds, "the caretaker government is fully responsible for the security and safety of government departments and their employees, diplomatic missions, and public and private properties, and we demand that it take firm measures to maintain security and order and prevent chaos and illegal practices."  

He also called on "the sons of our dear Iraqi people to have more awareness and beware of the machinations of the enemies and to confront any sedition that the people and their sons would fuel its fire."  

The statement also addressed the masses by saying: "We are with you and among you, our concern is to preserve the security and safety of our dear people, and we will never let you down. We call on you to be vigilant and alert, to miss the opportunity and to prepare for every emergency."  

On Wednesday, the demonstrators re-entered the parliament building after leaving the place for a short time.  

Pictures obtained by "Nass" (July 27, 2022), showed demonstrators wandering inside the corridors of the House of Representatives.    

me_ga.php?id=39385  

me_ga.php?id=39384  

me_ga.php?id=39383  

me_ga.php?id=39378  

me_ga.php?id=39379  

me_ga.php?id=39380  

me_ga.php?id=39381  

me_ga.php?id=39382  

On Wednesday, the Prime Minister and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Mustafa Al-Kazemi, called on the demonstrators to immediately withdraw from the parliament building.  

Al-Kazemi said in a statement that "Nass" received a copy (July 27, 2022), that he "calls on the demonstrators to immediately withdraw from the parliament building, which represents the authority of the people and the law."      

On Wednesday, Saleh Muhammad al-Iraqi, known as "Minister of al-Sadr," conveyed a message from the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, to the demonstrators, coinciding with their entry into the Green Zone and the parliament building.  

In the name of God        

I stand in respect, she        

thank you        

About him..Saleh Muhammad Al-Iraqi        

Demonstrators stormed, earlier, the Iraqi parliament building in the Green Zone in the center of the capital, Baghdad.    

A video recording monitored by "Nass" (July 27, 2022) documented the protesters entering the parliament building.        

me_ga.php?id=39360me_ga.php?id=39359me_ga.php?id=39357  

me_ga.php?id=39355  

me_ga.php?id=39356  

me_ga.php?id=39353  

me_ga.php?id=39352  

Al-Halbousi directs the protection of Parliament not to attack the demonstrators

Baghdad - people  

Today, Wednesday, Parliament Speaker Muhammad Al-Halbousi directed the protection of Parliament not to attack the demonstrators.  

In a statement received by "Nass" (July 27, 2022), Al-Halbousi called to "preserve the peacefulness of the demonstration, and directs the Parliament's protection forces not to attack or harm the demonstrators, and not to carry weapons inside Parliament."  

The Speaker of Parliament directed the General Secretariat of the House of Representatives to "be present in the parliament and communicate with the demonstrators, and also directed the presence of Parliament's health center staff for emergency cases."  

Al-Sadr to the demonstrators: Your message has arrived.. pray two units of prayer and go back to your homes

Baghdad - people   

On Wednesday, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, called on the demonstrators to withdraw and return to their homes.  

Al-Sadr said in a post followed by "People" (July 27, 2022), your message has arrived, dear friends.. you have terrified the corrupt..pray two rak`ahs and return to your homes safely.  

me_ga.php?id=39386  

In the name of God    

I stand in respect, she    

thank you    

about him    

Saleh Mohammed Al Iraqi    

Al-Iraqi's position comes after the demonstrators stormed the Green Zone and entered several government institutions, including the parliament building.    

A video recording followed by "Nass" (July 27, 2022) documented the demonstrators entering the parliament building in the Green Zone in the center of the capital, Baghdad.    

Now... the Sadrist movement's supporters have started withdrawing from the parliament building (photos)

Baghdad - people   

Supporters of the Sadrist movement began, on Wednesday, to withdraw from the parliament building, after a call from the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, in this regard.  

Pictures followed by "Nass" (July 27, 2022), showed the Sadrist movement's exit from the parliament building, after entering earlier this evening.  

me_ga.php?id=39387  

me_ga.php?id=39389  

me_ga.php?id=39390  

me_ga.php?id=39388  

On Wednesday, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, called on the demonstrators to withdraw and return to their homes.  

Al-Sadr said in a post followed by "People" (July 27, 2022), your message has arrived, dear friends.. you have terrified the corrupt..pray two rak`ahs and return to your homes safely.    

me_ga.php?id=39386  

Today, Wednesday, Parliament Speaker Muhammad Al-Halbousi directed the protection of Parliament not to attack the demonstrators.  

In a statement received by "Nass" (July 27, 2022), Al-Halbousi called to "preserve the peacefulness of the demonstration, and directs the Parliament's protection forces not to attack or harm the demonstrators, and not to carry weapons inside Parliament."    

The Speaker of Parliament directed the General Secretariat of the House of Representatives to "be present in the parliament and communicate with the demonstrators, and also directed the presence of Parliament's health center staff for emergency cases."    

Today, Wednesday, the coordination framework announced a position on the events taking place in the Green Zone.  

The framework said in a statement received by "Nass" (July 27, 2022): "Dear Iraqi people, after the coordinating framework forces completed the practical steps to start forming a national service government and agreed unanimously to nominate a national figure known for their efficiency and integrity, they monitored and since yesterday suspicious movements and calls It urges chaos, stirs up strife, and strikes civil peace.”    

He added, "The rapid events that took place today, allowing the demonstrators to enter the special government zone, storming the parliament and constitutional institutions, and the failure of the concerned forces to perform their duties raises suspicions greatly."    

The framework holds, "the caretaker government is fully responsible for the security and safety of government departments and their employees, diplomatic missions, and public and private properties, and we demand that it take firm measures to maintain security and order and prevent chaos and illegal practices."    

He also called on "the sons of our dear Iraqi people to have more awareness and beware of the machinations of the enemies and to confront any sedition that the people and their sons would fuel its fire."    

The statement also addressed the masses by saying: "We are with you and among you, our concern is to preserve the security and safety of our dear people, and we will never let you down. We call on you to be vigilant and alert, to miss the opportunity and to prepare for every emergency."    

In the name of God      

I stand in respect, she      

thank you      

about him      

Saleh Mohammed Al Iraqi      

me_ga.php?id=39352

Comment from Hassan Al-Adhari after the withdrawal of the Sadrist movement's supporters

Baghdad - people   

The head of the Sadrist bloc who resigned from the House of Representatives, Hassan al-Adhari, commented on Wednesday, after the Sadrist movement’s supporters withdrew from the parliament building, in implementation of the movement’s leader’s call.  

Al-Adhari said in a brief post seen by "Nass" (July 27, 2022), "The Iraqi people and security forces held their heads high."  

me_ga.php?id=39391  

Supporters of the Sadrist movement withdrew from the parliament building, after an invitation from the movement's leader, Muqtada al-Sadr.  

Pictures followed by "Nass" (July 27, 2022), showed the Sadrist movement's exit from the parliament building, after entering earlier this evening.    

me_ga.php?id=39387  

me_ga.php?id=39389  

me_ga.php?id=39390  

me_ga.php?id=39388  

me_ga.php?id=39386  

In the name of God        

I stand in respect, she        

thank you        

about him        

Saleh Mohammed Al Iraqi        

me_ga.php?id=39352  

me_ga.php?id=39353

After withdrawing from Parliament

Protests for supporters of the Sadrist movement in a number of provinces (photos)

2022.07.27 - 22:21
Protests for supporters of the Sadrist movement in a number of provinces (photos)

Baghdad - people  

Supporters of the Sadrist movement organized, on Wednesday night, vigils in a number of Iraqi provinces, after the demonstrators withdrew from the parliament building in the capital, Baghdad, at the direction of the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr.  

Pictures monitored by "Nass" (July 27, 2022), showed a part of the gatherings of supporters of the current in the governorates of: Basra, Dhi Qar, Babil, Najaf, and other areas.  

me_ga.php?id=39397me_ga.php?id=39399me_ga.php?id=39398me_ga.php?id=39396me_ga.php?id=39394me_ga.php?id=39392me_ga.php?id=39393me_ga.php?id=39395  

The head of the Sadrist bloc who resigned from the House of Representatives, Hassan al-Adhari, commented on Wednesday, after the Sadrist movement's supporters withdrew from the parliament building, in implementation of the call of the leader of the movement.  

Al-Adhari said in a brief post seen by "Nass" (July 27, 2022), "The Iraqi people and security forces held their heads high."    

me_ga.php?id=39391  

Supporters of the Sadrist movement withdrew from the parliament building, after an invitation from the movement's leader, Muqtada al-Sadr.  

me_ga.php?id=39387  

me_ga.php?id=39389  

me_ga.php?id=39390  

me_ga.php?id=39388  

me_ga.php?id=39386  

In the name of God          

I stand in respect, she          

thank you          

about him          

Saleh Mohammed Al Iraqi          

me_ga.php?id=39352  

me_ga.php?id=39353  

me_ga.php?id=39356  

me_ga.php?id=39355

A new comment from “Minister of Al-Sadr”: Today, “an ear jar, and tomorrow is a reform revolution.”

Baghdad - people  

Saleh Muhammad al-Iraqi, known as the "minister" of the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, sent a new message on Thursday after the parliament's supporters stormed the parliament yesterday.  

Al-Iraqi said in a statement, a copy of which was received by “Nas” (July 28, 2022), that “the last intervention by (Al-Sadr) regarding the demonstrations is if the corrupt continue their stubbornness, stubbornness, corruption, injustice, subordination and hatred of the homeland. He is the leader and he is the one who decides his fate, so congratulations to the country for you, and congratulations to you for the country."  

Below is the text of the statement:  

In the name of Almighty
- disciplined masses
- peaceful demonstrations
- unrivaled spontaneity
- speed of storming and suddenness
- courage and strength of heart
- obedience to the leader
- a high level of understanding of his taste and wishes
- they were a foothold that enrages and frightens the corrupt and the vassals
- it was only a fraction of the current.. so what if Was the current with its usual weight?
- So today is a jar... and tomorrow?!
- A reform revolution in the month of reform and as an extension of the master of reform, Imam Hussein, peace be upon him
- the cooperation of the security forces, may God increase them in strength, honor and pride
- the participation of some loved ones from the October revolutionaries.. I made it an Iraqi epic.. Thank them
- a message received by the parties and understood by the judiciary and the whole world assimilated
- may it be suitable To be a message to the naturalists, the compromising people, and the meem.
- Yesterday against the dictator and today against corruption and dependency, that is why you reminded us of the popular revolution
- you raised our heads high.. God increased you in honor and glory
. Therefore, as he said: The last intervention by (His Eminence) regarding the demonstrations is if the corrupt continues. Their stubbornness, corruption, injustice, subordination, and hatred of the homeland.. If the people are in this discipline, they deserve to be the leader and the one who decides their fate, so
congratulations to the homeland for you and congratulations to you on the homeland , for
God has honored the homeland with you and cherished you with it

Iyad Allawi comments on the storming of Al-Khadra: Let's take a step or less forward

Baghdad - people  

On Thursday, the leader of the National Coalition, Iyad Allawi, commented on the Sadrist movement's demonstrations and storming the Iraqi parliament building.  

Allawi stated in a blog post, followed by "Nass" (July 28, 2022), that "liberties, including freedom of expression, are preserved and respected by everyone, provided that lives, property and the law are preserved."  

He added, "The least that can be done today is to leave the square on which the country has been standing for several months," calling by saying, "Let us take a step or less forward, and then think afterwards whether we will hold early elections for the sake of reform, or continue to advance for reform."   

me_ga.php?id=39427 

• Upvote 1

Nuri al-Maliki raises widespread controversy with pictures of him carrying a "machine gun" in the street

Iraqi Vice President Nuri al-Maliki visits Moscow, July 24, 2017 - Sputnik Arabic, 1920, 07.28.2022
© Sputnik . Vladimir Pesnya
/

Follow us viaTelegram
The former Iraqi Prime Minister and head of the "State of Law" coalition, Nuri al-Maliki, sparked widespread controversy on social media after he appeared on a street carrying a weapon with a group of people believed to be his bodyguards.
The photo was published on social media, in which Al-Maliki appears carrying a "machine gun" and in the middle of a group of people also carrying weapons.
The image was widely circulated in light of the storming of the Iraqi parliament by demonstrators on Wednesday evening.
Another picture was circulated in which al-Maliki also appears carrying the same weapon in his office, behind him the Iraqi flag.
A number of supporters of the "Sadr movement" stormed the House of Representatives in the Green Zone in Baghdad yesterday, Wednesday, in protest against the nomination of Muhammad Shia'a al-Sudani for the post of prime minister.
Al-Maliki had issued a statement yesterday evening, in which he said that the entry of demonstrators into the courtyards of the House of Representatives and the encroachment on security protection "is a blatant violation of the legitimate right to demonstrate... and reality may lead to intersections with the protections of MPs and officials."

He added: "Therefore, the government of Brother Al-Kazemi must assume its constitutional responsibilities in protecting the security and social situation and avoiding bloodshed among Iraqis, and it will use legitimate means to deter any attack on the prestige of the state and its institutions."

image.gif

The Iraqi forces fear the use of the street card and what it might cause to drag the country towards strife (Getty)

The massive demonstrations of supporters of the Iraqi leader Muqtada al-Sadr , who stormed, yesterday, Wednesday, the Green Zone and the Iraqi parliament building , in a new scene of the political process in Iraq, which is heading towards the street driven by the "Sadr movement " to stand in the way of the " coordinating framework " alliance , Which includes forces allied to Iran, towards forming a new government, at a time when al-Sadr brandished what he called "the revolution."

Since yesterday, the positions of the "framework" forces seemed different, and unstable on one opinion, in response to the movements of al-Sadr's followers, and the position of the coalition leader, Nuri al-Maliki , was the  most strict of the other leaders of the framework, as he carried a gun and toured with his protection elements in the Green Zone after the withdrawal The demonstrators also considered their entry into Parliament a "blatant violation", holding Al- Kazemi 's government "responsible for protecting the security and social situation, and avoiding bloodshed among Iraqis, and called on it to use legitimate means to deter any attack on the prestige of the state and its institutions." He called on the demonstrators to "immediately withdraw from the area, abide by the legal right to demonstrate and not be drawn into calls for confrontation with the forces in charge of protection."

The leader in the framework, head of the " Popular Mobilization " , Faleh al-Fayyad , confirmed that the "crowd" has distanced itself from what is going on, and said in a televised statement: "The crowd will not be a party to the conflict, and it calls for political dialogue between the parties, and is biased towards Iraq's stability and sovereignty."

As for the leader of the "Al-Fateh" coalition, Hadi al-Amiri  , and other leaders in the "coordinating framework", they refrained from commenting on the demonstrations, and did not adopt any position towards them.

The framework forces were unable to hold a meeting yesterday to discuss the political developments, and it is supposed to meet today. A member of the Iraqi parliament close to the “framework” told Al-Araby Al-Jadeed, preferring not to be named, that “Al-Maliki wants to hold a meeting today. For all the leaders of the framework, to come up with a unified position regarding the Sadr demonstrations and developments on the Iraqi arena.

He added, "All indications indicate the impossibility of holding the meeting today, especially since there is a difference of views between the framework forces regarding the use of the street card, and what it may cause to drag the country towards sedition," noting that "Al-Maliki's position seemed so far the only position." Very convulsive about chest movements."

In turn, the former deputy in Parliament, Abdul Amir Al-Taiban called for avoiding dragging the country into sedition, even if it required the survival of the Al-Kazemi government. Al- Kazemi’s government to prepare for early elections, there is no harm in that, in order to avoid what has undesirable consequences.”

As for Representative Basem Khashan, he likened what is happening in Iraq to " the Al- Basous war that lasted for 40 years."

The Iraqi political affairs specialist, Ghaleb al-Shabandar, saw that what is happening “is not in the interest of Iraq,” and he said in his tweet: “The coordinating framework is the sponsor of evil, and al-Maliki is the last one who has the right to speak, because he is the cause, but what happened (the demonstrations) is not in the interest of the movement, as preceded by the entry of Security elements to the Green Zone in defiance of the Prime Minister .. Green is the island of mafias, but what is happening is not in the interest of Iraq.

Today, Thursday, a close associate of al-Sadr, who is known as "Sadr's Minister", Saleh Muhammad al-Iraqi, waved a "popular revolution" and said in a tweet to him, commenting on yesterday's demonstrations: "Disciplined masses, peaceful demonstrations, unparalleled spontaneity, rapid and surprising storming, Courage and strength of heart, obedience to the leader, high level understanding of his tastes and aspirations.

Stressing that the demonstrations "were a foothold that angered and frightened the corrupt and subordinationists, they were only a small part of the current... So what if the current was of its usual weight?", stressing: "Today is a pitcher of ear... and tomorrow is a revolution of reform in the month of reform."

And he considered that what happened yesterday of the storming of the Green Zone "is a message received by the parties and understood by the judiciary," stressing that "if the corrupt continue their greed, stubbornness, corruption, injustice, subordination and hatred of the homeland;

2022-07-28 08:41

Shafaq News/ A leading source in the coordination framework that includes Shiite forces, except for the Sadrist movement, revealed on Thursday, fears of holding a session to assign the prime minister next Saturday.

The source, who is a leader in the coordination framework, told Shafak News Agency; "There is fear among the leadership of the coordination framework of holding a session to elect the president of the republic and assigning the framework candidate, Muhammad Shiaa al-Sudani, to form the government, for fear of storming the parliament by supporters of the Sadrist movement, as happened yesterday, Wednesday."

The source, who requested anonymity, added; "Sunni and Kurdish parties are also afraid of holding the presidential election session, especially since the parliament door has become permissible and the Sadrists can storm it and disrupt the presidential election session and assign the framework candidate to form the government."

He added, "The leadership of the coordination framework will try to communicate directly with Muqtada al-Sadr to calm the situation before proceeding with the holding of the presidential election session and assigning the Sudanese to form the government."

Meanwhile; Shafak News Agency monitored; Movement and calls within the Sadrist movement, published on social media, threaten to storm the House of Representatives again if the coordinating framework insists on the nomination of Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani for the position of Prime Minister.

2022-07-27 14:27

Shafaq News/ The head of the Popular Mobilization Committee, Faleh al-Fayyad, commented on the Sadrist movement's demonstrations, in which they stormed the Iraqi parliament building and the Green Zone, on Wednesday.

In an interview with Al-Mayadeen TV, Al-Fayyad said, "The demonstrations are legitimate, but what happened in the Green Zone includes unacceptable transgressions, including the storming of Parliament."

He added, "The Popular Mobilization calls for political dialogue between the parties and is biased towards the stability and sovereignty of Iraq."

He continued, "The Popular Mobilization will not be a party to the political conflict, but it has its opinion on major issues, especially its rejection of normalization."

This afternoon, a mass demonstration of supporters of the Sadrist movement began in Tahrir Square in the center of the capital, Baghdad, to express their rejection of the candidate of the coordination framework, Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani, to head the new government. to be able to break into it.

And hundreds of followers of the Sadrist movement stormed the Iraqi parliament building.

Shafak News Agency's lens documented, with a live broadcast, the entry of the Sadrist movement's supporters into the parliament building, chanting enthusiastic Sadrist slogans, while some of them are trying to reach the constitutional hall.

Later, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, directed his supporters who stormed the Iraqi parliament building and the Green Zone to return to their homes.

Al-Sadr said in a tweet seen by Shafak News Agency, "The Muharram revolution is a revolution of reform and rejection of oppression and corruption. Your message has arrived, dear friends, for you have terrified the corrupt... #jar_then."

"Pray two rak'ahs and return to your homes safely," he added.

• Upvote 1

2022-07-28 09:32

Shafaq News/ The Iraqi President, Barham Salih, commented on Wednesday the storming of the Green Zone and the Iraqi parliament building by followers of the Sadrist movement, calling for "calm down" and avoiding any escalation.

In a statement received by Shafaq News Agency, Saleh said, "Peaceful demonstration and expression of opinion is a constitutionally guaranteed right, with the need to adhere to controls and laws, maintain public security and public property, exercise restraint and present the national interest above all else."

Salih stressed the need to abide by calm and give priority to the language of reason, to avoid any escalation that might affect societal peace and security, and to combine efforts to meet the national entitlements, achieve the people's will and respond to their aspirations for reform, and form effective authorities that protect the higher interests of the country and consolidate a capable state that achieves the people's aspirations for a better future. .

He continued, "The country is going through a delicate circumstance and faces huge challenges and great entitlements that require unifying ranks and preserving the peaceful democratic path in the country for which our people sacrificed over decades of tyranny, persecution and violence.

This afternoon, a mass demonstration of supporters of the Sadrist movement began in Tahrir Square in the center of the capital, Baghdad, to express their rejection of the candidate of the coordination framework, Muhammad Shia Al-Sudani, to head the new government. to be able to break into it.

And hundreds of followers of the Sadrist movement stormed the Iraqi parliament building.

Shafak News Agency's lens documented, with a live broadcast, the entry of the Sadrist movement's supporters into the parliament building, chanting enthusiastic Sadrist slogans, while some of them are trying to reach the constitutional hall.

Later, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, directed his supporters who stormed the Iraqi parliament building and the Green Zone to return to their homes.

• Upvote 1