2022-07-13 07:13

Shafaq News/ The media office of the leader of the State of Law coalition, Nuri al-Maliki, denied on Wednesday the audio recording attributed to the latter, in which he attacked leaders and political forces, most notably the Sadrist movement and its leader Muqtada al-Sadr.

Al-Maliki's media office said in a statement received by Shafaq News Agency, "Some social networking sites circulated a fabricated audio recording characterized by an acceptable imitation of Nuri al-Maliki's voice, in which he talks about a number of political issues."

The statement confirmed that “what came in the published audio recording does not belong to Nuri al-Maliki, and what was published is a recording that was synthesized through modern audio technologies using Deep Fake technology, which has become easily available, to imitate someone’s voice with a degree of accuracy that can deceive the audience by means of available smart devices. in the markets".

The statement also pointed out that "the circulation and broadcast of this recording comes at a very sensitive time and juncture in which the political process and the Iraqi reality are passing, and it gives an indication that the preparation for it was in advance."

The statement called on the media to "beware of falling into ambushes of fabricated news promoted by some suspicious channels, and to elicit information from their official sources."

In turn, al-Maliki issued a second statement on the same subject, in which he said, "I convey my warning to all my brothers in the political process against fraud and forgery and the use of modern technology devices in relation to statements made by me and others."

He explained, "On the occasion of what was published on the communication sites of obscene words attributed to me in which they insulted His Eminence Mr. Muqtada al-Sadr, and I announce the denial and denial, and I remain committed to the desire for good relations with the gentleman and his respected apparatus. It is a sedition they send to tear ranks and stir up unrest."

Shafak News Agency publishes the audio recording attributed to Al-Maliki, which was circulated on many pages on social media platforms: