Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Internal negotiations to resolve the positions of the presidents of the republic and the ministers

yota691

June 23, 2022

image-14.jpg

The leader of the State of Law coalition, Jassem Muhammad Jaafar, explained, on Thursday, the mechanism that the coordination framework will adopt by naming the prime minister, indicating that the framework forces will not adopt the previous approach in the selection mechanism by assigning the bloc with the most seats within the coordination framework.

Jaafar said that "after the constitutional oath is taken for the replacement representatives of the Sadrist bloc, the framework will become the largest bloc in the parliament," noting that "the number of seats for the framework forces combined will reach 125 deputies, and that the State of Law coalition will reach 50 seats, followed by the Al-Fateh coalition .

He added that "the framework forces will not adopt the previous approach in the selection mechanism by assigning the most seated bloc within the coordination framework, meaning that the state of law will not be the bloc that names the prime minister and submits him to approval of the rest of the framework forces."

Jaafar explained, "The mechanism that the framework will adopt is to set the specifications of the prime minister first, and then all the framework forces are assigned to present their candidates for the position, and the other stage is the process of liquidating the candidates on the basis of the agreed-upon specifications. As for the last stage, the candidate is presented to the rest of the political forces for the purpose of informing them and taking their observations." .

• Sad 2

It sure does one foot forward and a massive leap backwords thamks to Sadr which I believe this was planed  some time ago. What a way to convince his group to resign and allow Maliki to get in charge saving his own ass not being able to take control. What a fool his ggroup became giving up everything letting Iran to take control of the country. As I stated we be years if able to see this dinar to increase in value.

1 hour ago, mylilpony said:

Actually I don't see how he can become the pm he has technically served 2 terms. That is what kept him out the last go rounds. Constitutionally he cannot be prime minister. 

Technically your correct. But by controlling the parliament they can do what ever they want. Previously they had changed the laws to suit themselves. What do you think now that they will have more control of parliament & possibility the government plus the full backing of the Iranian government giving them more control to make further changes in the laws. Plus the US has left Iraq which gives Iran more power in Iraq. My opinion is we are screwed in thinking the dinar is going to increase in value any time soon but maybe 10 years down the road. With the increase in oil of which they are saying to stay in high numbers for next 3 years or more. So with being released in chapter 7 & sanctions gone. along with deals with China the biggest supply to them, of reading China will need the oil to 2065. They are going be in best shape for many years without increasing the dinar for a long time keeping the people under their control with as little as possible in funds. Again why would they want to increase the dinar when they have more chanes of increasing their corruption. JMO of course

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Pow! 1

Al-Tamimi talks about the atmosphere of Al-Sadr's withdrawal and the opinion of the mass base

Baghdad - people   

The leader of the Sadrist movement, Ali al-Tamimi, said today, Thursday, that there are accurate calculations behind the movement's withdrawal from the political process, indicating that there is frustration among the Sadrist base.  

Al-Tamimi said in a live broadcast via "Facebook" that was followed by "Nas" (June 23, 2022): "Mr. Muqtada al-Sadr has accurate accounts, and he has patience, and we call him (strategic patience)."  

He added, "His decision to withdraw is not easy, and there are accurate accounts behind it. We are not allowed to talk about these reasons in the media and social media, and we only have to be patient."  

Al-Tamimi also said, “Consociationalism is a bargaining on the principle of shut up about me, and I shut up about you, and this next government lives in fear due to the absence of the backbone of the political process, which is the Sadrist movement,” noting that “the master will never enter into a failed project and the people are aware of that,” pointing to That "the group put their hand in the hands of those who were accusing them of normalization with Israel and blamed us for that."  

According to Al-Tamimi, "the consensus government is bringing back the same tools that the reference warned against, and there is no success in consensus, but the game will be revealed after a month or two."  

• Thanks 1

The first meeting between the "protest MPs" and the civil parties in preparation for the next stage (photos)

Baghdad - people   

Several emerging parties, along with the Communist Party, held their first meeting with a number of deputies that resulted from the "Tishreen protests", in order to discuss the entitlements of the next stage after the recent developments in Parliament.  

Sources who attended the meeting, confirmed to "Nass" (June 23, 2022) that among the forces present were "the Consultative Council, the Communist Party, the National House Party, the Movement Descending My Right, the Iraqi House Party, the Social Democratic Movement, the Iraqi Promise Party, and other forces." .  

A number of representatives of the protest movement also attended, including "Sajjad Salem, Nissan Al-Zayer, Daoud Idan, Muhammad Anouz, and others."  

The spokesman told "Nass" that "the meeting is the first meeting between the protest movement's deputies with civil and independent forces and emerging parties from outside parliament, and they discussed the entitlements of the next stage after the recent political developments, and it was agreed to unify a common vision on the next steps through cooperation between movements, forces and personalities." The Independent, with their partners in Parliament, after the meeting expressed a tendency towards an immediate end to division and fragmentation, and the start of joint work.  

me_ga.php?id=38093  

me_ga.php?id=38094  

Before that, independent MP, member of the Finance Committee, Sajjad Salem, confirmed today, Thursday, that his failure to attend today's parliament session is in the "national interest."    

Salem said in a blog post seen by "Nass" (June 23, 2022), " My position as an independent deputy is to boycott today's (emergency) session for a national interest that I see after the rest of the traditional political forces returned to repeat the arguments of balance and consociationalism!"  

He added, " Neither the rule of one armed faction will continue,  nor will the rule of the rival armed factions continue."   

In the same context, MP Raed Hamdan Al-Maliki confirmed, today, Thursday, that he will not join any bloc or coalition during the negotiations to form the government.    

Al-Maliki said in a statement received by “Nass” a copy of it (June 23, 2022): “I am committed to my independence and the pledge I made to my republic and the people not to join any party or parliamentary bloc, and I will not be part of any coalition to form a government on the basis of quotas.”      

He added, "I have my own tools to work, and I will communicate and cooperate with others in the parliament and outside it in whatever achieves the interests of the Iraqi people, whom I represent in general, and the rights of the people of Maysan province, whom I represent in particular."      

And he continued, "I will have a speech in which I repeat my thanks to many, and I will show some general lines of my positions and future work."      

The political forces participating in the parliament session on Thursday issued a joint statement after the extraordinary session, during which the coordinating framework announced its move towards a government of partnership, consensus and balance.  

And Representative Ahmed Al-Asadi published the text of the joint statement in the name of "the political forces participating in the parliament session for today, June 23, 2022." It stated:        

Realizing the importance of the stage our dear country is going through, the parliamentary blocs held an emergency session to take actual steps to address the effects left by the march of previous years and the tribulations and crises that the country was subjected to, the terrorism of al-Qaeda and ISIS, the most dangerous of which was on the security, safety and stability of Iraq, which the Iraqis faced with courage and dedication and achieved a great victory. On terrorism and noting the circumstances and events that Iraq and the region are going through, and the need to achieve security and stability, provide services and work to restore hope to the dear Iraqi youth, and based on all of the above, the political blocs are committed to working seriously and urgently to form a national service government that fulfills the desires and needs of our citizens in accordance with the principle of balance, consensus and partnership Commitment to the constitution, respecting official institutions, emphasizing the resolution of differences between the federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government in accordance with the constitution and the law, legislating the oil and gas law in accordance with the constitution, and following up on the reconstruction of the liberated areas, the sacrificed areas, and the poorest.        

"The political forces pledge to work to remove all manifestations of injustice, deprivation, address the increase in poverty, provide job opportunities and ensure a decent life for our citizens," the statement added.        

He added, "The political forces are aware of the importance of this stage and seek solutions to the challenges level and urgently. The political forces participating in the government bear full responsibility for the performance of the next government and to provide the requirements for its success.. All political forces stand with imposing the prestige of the state on everyone and stopping abuses of the law and all." its problems.        

He concluded by saying, "We had always hoped that our brothers in the Sadrist bloc would always be among us, and we would work together to achieve a joint government program that would reflect positively on the people, and we have no choice but to respect their decision and appreciate their position." 

• Thanks 2

The meeting of the “protest MPs” and the civil parties resulted in an agreement to hold a comprehensive national conference

Baghdad - people   

The conference on civil and emerging parties, which was held today, Thursday, resulted in the preparation of a broad national conference.   

A statement issued by the two groups, a copy of which was received by "Nass" (June 23, 2022), said that "the two groups agreed on the importance of coordinating positions and unifying work efforts in order to get rid of the quota approach, and to propose a democratic political alternative."   

He added, "The meeting stressed the need to activate joint action between the gathered forces and independent representatives to build a political path that leads to a radical treatment of the current crisis."  

He added, "The attendees unanimously agreed to prepare for a broad national conference for the forces of change that establishes the building of the democratic political alternative that our people aspire to... and to invite the national forces, independent representatives and representatives of emerging movements to actively participate in this direction to achieve the desired change."   

According to the statement, the forces that participated in the meeting are: "The Iraqi Communist Party, the Social Democratic Movement, the National House Party, the Nazil I Take My Right Movement, the Iraqi Nation Party, the Promise Party, the Iraqi House Movement, the Democratic Tishreen Movement, Representative Sajjad Salem, and the representative Daoud Al-Aidan, Representative Nissan Al-Zayer, MP Nidaa Hassan Madi, and MP Muhammad Nouri.    

Read also:  The first meeting between the “protest MPs” and the civil parties in preparation for the next stage (photos)  

me_ga.php?id=38093  

me_ga.php?id=38094  

Before that, independent MP, member of the Finance Committee, Sajjad Salem, confirmed today, Thursday, that his failure to attend today's parliament session is in the "national interest."    

Salem said in a blog post seen by "People" (June 23, 2022), "My position as an independent deputy is to boycott today's (emergency) session for a national interest that I see after the rest of the traditional political forces returned to repeat the arguments of balance and consociationalism!"    

He added, "Neither the rule of one armed faction will continue, nor will the rule of the rival armed factions continue."     

In the same context, MP Raed Hamdan Al-Maliki confirmed, today, Thursday, that he will not join any bloc or coalition during the negotiations to form the government.    

Al-Maliki said in a statement received by “Nass” a copy of it (June 23, 2022): “I am committed to my independence and the pledge I made to my republic and the people not to join any party or parliamentary bloc, and I will not be part of any coalition to form a government on the basis of quotas.”        

He added, "I have my own tools to work, and I will communicate and cooperate with others in the parliament and outside it in whatever achieves the interests of the Iraqi people, whom I represent in general, and the rights of the people of Maysan province, whom I represent in particular."        

And he continued, "I will have a speech in which I repeat my thanks to many, and I will show some general lines of my positions and future work."        

The political forces participating in the parliament session on Thursday issued a joint statement after the extraordinary session, during which the coordinating framework announced its move towards a government of partnership, consensus and balance.  

And Representative Ahmed Al-Asadi published the text of the joint statement in the name of "the political forces participating in the parliament session for today, June 23, 2022." It stated:          

Realizing the importance of the stage our dear country is going through, the parliamentary blocs held an emergency session to take actual steps to address the effects left by the march of previous years and the tribulations and crises that the country was subjected to, the terrorism of al-Qaeda and ISIS, the most dangerous of which was on the security, safety and stability of Iraq, which the Iraqis faced with courage and dedication and achieved a great victory. On terrorism and noting the circumstances and events that Iraq and the region are going through, and the need to achieve security and stability, provide services and work to restore hope to the dear Iraqi youth, and based on all of the above, the political blocs are committed to working seriously and urgently to form a national service government that fulfills the desires and needs of our citizens in accordance with the principle of balance, consensus and partnership Commitment to the constitution, respecting official institutions, emphasizing the resolution of differences between the federal government and the Kurdistan Regional Government in accordance with the constitution and the law, legislating the oil and gas law in accordance with the constitution, and following up on the reconstruction of the liberated areas, the sacrificed areas, and the poorest.          

"The political forces pledge to work to remove all manifestations of injustice, deprivation, address the increase in poverty, provide job opportunities and ensure a decent life for our citizens," the statement added.          

He added, "The political forces are aware of the importance of this stage and seek solutions to the challenges level and urgently. The political forces participating in the government bear full responsibility for the performance of the next government and to provide the requirements for its success.. All political forces stand with imposing the prestige of the state on everyone and stopping abuses of the law and all." its problems.          

He concluded by saying, "We had always hoped that our brothers in the Sadrist bloc would always be among us and work together to achieve a joint government program that would be positively reflected on the people, and we have no choice but to respect their decision and value their positions."   

• Thanks 2

Things will get more complicated

Iyad Allawi warns against forming any government without the Sadrist bloc

2022.06.23 - 22:10
Iyad Allawi warns against forming any government without the Sadrist bloc

Baghdad - people  

The leader of the National Coalition, Iyad Allawi, said on Thursday that forming a government without the Sadrist bloc would only complicate matters further.  

Allawi said in a blog post followed by "Nass" (June 23, 2022), that "proceeding with the formation of the government without the presence of the Sadrist bloc that won the elections, which proved that it is not looking for positions as much as its search for forming a national government will only make matters more complicated."  

He added, "It would have been better to harness all efforts and capabilities to stop the Sadrist bloc's deputies from resigning and to hold constructive national dialogues in which all patriotic groups participate by adopting the principle that there is neither winner nor loser, and a national government representing all of our honorable people will emerge from it."  

On Thursday, the Kurdistan Democratic Party stressed the need to adhere to the agreements on the basis of which the new government will be formed, while talking about reaching advanced stages to resolve the nomination of the candidate for the presidency within the Kurdish House.  

KDP MP Sharif Suleiman said in a statement to the official channel (June 23, 2022), that "the principles of balance, consensus and partnership are essential points demanded by the Democrat since the start of the political process in Iraq after 2003 and stresses the need for partners to adhere to them to ensure political stability."    

He added, "The Democrat stresses that the constitution must be implemented in the process of government formation, and that the basic principle of political agreements should be written in clear and explicit terms.    

He stressed that "the government formation process must also take into account the electoral merit, and we believe that political understandings are enough to resolve the positions of the presidents of the republic and the ministers, and the participation of the Democrat and the Alliance of Sovereignty in today's session aims to find solutions to the political blockage."    

On the position of the President of the Republic, Suleiman stressed that "the dialogues and meetings with the PUK have reached advanced stages, and we believe that the matter will be resolved in the coming days and that the vision will be unified within the Kurdish House after the controversial points between the Democratic Party and the Union are resolved."    

He concluded by saying, "We had always hoped that our brothers in the Sadrist bloc would always be among us, and we would work together to achieve a joint government program that would reflect positively on the people, and we have no choice but to respect their decision and appreciate their position."   

• Thanks 1

Hezbollah newspaper: The path to forming the Iraqi government has become easy, and Iran has 'corrected the deviation'!

Baghdad - people  

On Friday, a Lebanese report considered the return of the coordination framework forces to the race to form the new Iraqi government a "failure" of the tripartite alliance, while noting that Iran was able directly, and independently of its allies, to re-correct what it sees as a "deviation" I want to take Iraq to.  

And the newspaper "Al-Akhbar", which is close to the Lebanese "Hezbollah", stated, in a report seen by "Nass" (June 24, 2022), that "the path to forming a government has become easier, but as much as there is an opportunity for the "framework" to rectify the mistakes of the past, there are enormous challenges. In front of him, the real battle will start after the formation, where the street will have the say, especially with the presence of the "Sadr movement", which is a large mass current within the state and in the street.  

Below is the text of the report:  

With the completion of the Iraqi parliament's re-convening, with the resigning replacement deputies of the Sadrist movement taking the constitutional oath, the political process in Iraq will have a chance for a new start, after a blockage that has continued since the legislative elections that took place on the tenth of last October.  

Perhaps what enhances the chances of this launch is the presence of undeclared understandings between its parties, which were translated yesterday in the presence of the Kurdistan Democratic Party and the Sovereignty Alliance, who were Muqtada al-Sadr's partners in the tripartite alliance, at the swearing-in session. However, even if the "coordinating framework" manages to form the government it wants, it will find itself facing not easy tests, especially since al-Sadr will not sit idly by, and will inevitably take the initiative to try to reap the fruits of what he sows today, as soon as he has the opportunity.  

Undisclosed arrangements reached between the "coordinating framework", which will become the largest bloc in the parliament as a result of the affiliation of the majority of the substitutes to its political forces, and the "Kurdistan Democratic Party" led by Massoud Barzani, allowed the session to be held within the framework of "understandings that the rights of the component ( Kurdish) and the Kurdistan Regional Government will not be marginalized,” in the words of the Democratic representative, Ikhlas al-Dulaimi, who said that “the framework gave guarantees to solve the many problems between Baghdad and Erbil.” Regarding these guarantees, the leader of the Democratic Party, Wafa Muhammad Karim, explained in an interview with Al-Akhbar that “the guarantees are given through the formation of the government, and we have enough time for this issue and discuss our conditions, after deciding whether to participate in the government or to go to the opposition and activate The disabled third.  

Most of the replacements belong to the “coordination framework”, which makes it the largest bloc in the parliament with its new composition, and gives it the right to choose the head of the next government, as the number of its members will become, according to estimates, 160, which will facilitate the formation of the government if the agreement is signed with the representatives of the two components. Kurdish" and "Sunni", specifically Al-Halbousi and Barzani. However, the Coordination Committee still has to reconcile meeting Barzani's demands with his commitment to his alliance with the latter's competitor, the "PUK", especially in terms of electing a president of the republic, as the "Union" considers that the position should belong to whomever it chooses, according to an agreement that goes back to Until 2006 with the Democratic Party, however, Barzani tried to evade that agreement and seize the position, based on his tripartite alliance with al-Sadr and al-Halbousi.  

However, reaching this stage was only the result of the political blockage that resulted from the insistence of al-Sadr and his two partners in the “trio” to refuse to return to consensual governments, and to form what they called a “national majority” government under the slogan of fighting corruption, which they failed to achieve constitutionally because of They do not have a two-thirds majority to elect a President of the Republic. Part of the independents played a role, along with the "coordinating party", in thwarting this process, while it is expected that they will also have a key role in the parliament with its new composition, as they are the second winner from entering the substitutes after the "framework", as their number increased from 40 deputies to about 58, if members of the "Emtilad Movement" bloc are counted, whose share has increased from 9 to 16 seats. Hence, the "Coordination Committee" will have to take their demands into account, especially since some of them emerged from the demanding demonstrations that called for fighting corruption and ensuring a decent living for Iraqis, using the country's vast wealth, most of which is wasted.  

But the main reason for the failure of the "trio" was the inability of its parties to change Iraq's regional position, as Iran was able, directly, and in isolation from its allies, to re-correct what it sees as a "deviation" that I want to take the country to, as the emergence of a threat to its national security, through He made the neighboring country a hostile arena, which started with attacks carried out against Iranian cities from the Kurdistan region, in which the Mossad was involved, prompting it to respond directly by bombing one of the headquarters of the Israeli apparatus in Erbil with missiles. This prompted al-Sadr's two partners in the coalition to recalculate, even before the man withdrew, and perhaps that recalculation was among the reasons for his withdrawal.  

Now the path to forming a government has become easier, but to the extent that there is an opportunity for the “framework” to rectify the mistakes of the past, there are enormous challenges ahead. The real battle will start after the formation, when the street will have the say, especially with the presence of the “Sadr movement,” which is a large mass current inside the state and in the street, outside the political process, as it will take advantage of any failure of the next government to move this street, and then it will reap the fruits of what it is currently sown.  

• Haha 1

Al-Sadr's Minister warns of a "malicious idea" during the efforts to form the new government

Baghdad - people   

"Saleh Muhammad al-Iraqi", known as "Minister al-Sadr", warned on Friday of what he called a "malicious idea", in the efforts to form the new Iraqi government.  

Al-Iraqi wrote a post followed by "Nass" (June 24, 2022), in which he stated: "There is a malicious idea that some political blocs may implement.  

They are: A Sadrist minister from the current, a dissident, expelled or sympathetic has been pushed into the government they want to form.  

Reasons: silencing the Sadrist street on the one hand, and accusing it of participating in the corrupt government on the other.  

And how many gullible people will believe that, and that this minister came in agreement with (the current) or to please him or other poisonous ideas.  

And when we announce this, we warn of the consequences of this insolent act.. and we ask the people not to go along with them..we have never and will not participate with them in parliament, government or anyone else.
We are people of reform, not dissension and hypocrisy.  

And what you should know, you corrupt ones, is that our response will be unexpected if you try to tarnish our reputation by involving us with you in terms of what we know or do not know, or deluding people into that.  

No one represents us in negotiations or dialogues or anything like that, for you have filled our hearts with pus, and the stench of corruption has filled our noses.”  

• Thanks 1

'The framework has become the first force in Parliament'... A reading of the future of political life after al-Sadr

579 Policy 2022/06/24 15:24 Baghdad today -

follow up As soon as the figures issued by the Electoral Commission in Iraq revealed, yesterday, Thursday, that the Coordination Framework Alliance had captured the majority of the Sadrist bloc’s deputies, who had collectively resigned from the Iraqi parliament, observers considered it to be something that makes it the first force in the Council and allows it to form the next government . The House of Representatives, which entered a legislative recess, held an extraordinary session during which the deputies took the oath, as 64 of the substitute deputies took the oath in front of the Speaker collectively, while nine others were absent . The 73 deputies of the Sadrist bloc had submitted their collective resignation on June 12 in the midst of a continuous political crisis since the early legislative elections in October 2021 . Parliament Speaker Muhammad al-Halbousi announced his acceptance of the resignations, saying in a tweet, "We reluctantly accepted the requests of our brothers and sisters, the Sadrist bloc's representatives, to resign from the Iraqi Parliament ." The coordination framework won 40 of the Sadrist movement's seats, according to a census prepared by AFP based on figures issued by the Electoral Commission . The number of deputies for the coordination framework has increased to about 130, which makes it the largest force within the House of Representatives, and allows it to appoint a prime minister and form a government in alliance with other parliamentary blocs . Iraq is still unable to form a new government, eight months after the early legislative elections . Before the resignation of its deputies, the Sadrist bloc was in conflict with the coordination framework over who has a majority in the parliament, which includes 329 deputies . Because of the political dispute and the inability of any party to resolve matters, Parliament failed three times to elect a President of the Republic, exceeding the deadlines stipulated by the Constitution . To overcome the political blockage, options were put forward, including the dissolution of Parliament and the organization of new elections, but Parliament can only be dissolved by a decision of the Parliament itself . The leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, had said in a speech two weeks ago, "If the survival of the Sadrist bloc is an obstacle to the formation of the government, then all the representatives of the bloc are ready to resign from the House of Representatives and will not disobey me ." The Sadrist movement, which heads the "Save a Homeland" alliance with the Sunni "Progress" bloc led by Parliament Speaker Muhammad al-Halbousi and the Kurdistan Democratic Party, wanted to form a majority government, stressing that they had a majority in parliament (155 deputies ). As for the coordinating framework, he used to say that he owns a bloc of about 100 deputies, and he pushed for the formation of a consensual government that includes all Shiite parties, as was the political tradition in Iraq for years . In light of the disruption, Al-Sadr announced two months ago that he would turn to the opposition and called on his political opponents within the coordinating framework to form a government . The framework includes Shiite blocs, most notably the State of Law led by former Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, and the Fatah bloc headed by Hadi al-Amiri. Despite the decline in the political bloc representing the Popular Mobilization factions in the recent elections, these formations, whose fighters are estimated at 160,000, remain an important actor on the security and political level in the country . On the other hand, the resignation of the Sadrist bloc's deputies is not a complete withdrawal of the Sadrist movement from political life, according to analyst Hamza Haddad, who warned of "the lack of stability, especially if the Sadrists do not obtain positions within the executive authority ."

• Thanks 1

2022-06-24 06:03

Shafaq News / The "Saleh Muhammad al-Iraqi" page on social media, which is close to the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, indicated on Friday what it described as a "malicious act" in the steps to form the new government, pointing out that the response to this act would be "unexpected." .

The page stated, "There is a malicious idea that may be applied by some political blocs, which is the inclusion of a Sadrist minister from the current, a dissident, expelled or sympathetic in the government they want to form, to silence the Sadrist street on the one hand, and accusing him of participating in the government of corruption on the other hand."

She added, "How many naive people would believe this, and that this minister came in agreement with (the current) or to please him or other poisonous ideas," adding: "When we announce this, we warn of the consequences of this insolent act."

Al-Iraqi’s page called on the people to “not go along with that,” stressing, “We did not and will not participate with them, neither in parliament, nor government, nor others at all. You have heard us participating with you in terms of whether we know or do not know, or deluding people into this.”

And she concluded by saying: "No one represents us in negotiations, dialogues, or anything of that nature, for you have filled our hearts with pus, and the smell of corruption has filled our noses, and those who have wronged will know which coup will turn."

• Thanks 1

On Wednesday, al-Sadr accused Iran's proxies of political interference On Wednesday, al-Sadr accused Iran's proxies of political interference

On Friday, a close associate of the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, warned the political forces of what he described as a "malicious idea" in the efforts to form the new Iraqi government, threatening an "unexpected" response if this goes ahead.  

Saleh Muhammad al-Iraqi, who is close to the leader of the Sadrist movement, known as "Minister al-Sadr", said in a tweet on Twitter that "there is a malicious idea that some political blocs may implement, which is the inclusion of a Sadrist minister from the movement, a dissident, expelled or sympathetic in the government they want to form."

Al-Iraqi added that these blocs want to "silence the Sadrist street on the one hand, and accuse it of participating in the government of corruption on the other."

Al-Iraqi warned of the "consequences of this insolent act" and demanded "the people not to go along with them," reiterating that the Sadrist movement "did not and will not participate with them, neither in parliament, nor in the government, nor anywhere else."

Those close to al-Sadr threatened an "unexpected response if you try to tarnish our reputation by involving us with you in terms of what we know or do not know, or delude people into this."

These threats come a day after the Coordination Framework Alliance, which consists of Shiite parties loyal to Iran, acquired the majority of the Sadrist bloc’s deputies, who collectively resigned from the Iraqi parliament, making them the first force in the parliament and allowing them to form the next government.

The 73 deputies of the Sadrist bloc submitted their collective resignation on June 12 in the midst of an ongoing political crisis since the early legislative elections in October 2021. 

The coordination framework won 40 of the Sadrist movement's seats, according to a census prepared by AFP based on figures issued by the Electoral Commission. 

The number of deputies for the coordination framework has increased to about 130, which makes it the largest force within the House of Representatives and allows it to appoint a prime minister and form a government in alliance with other parliamentary blocs.

Before the resignation of its deputies, the Sadrist bloc was in conflict with the coordination framework over who has a majority in the parliament, which includes 329 deputies. 

Because of the political dispute and the inability of any party to resolve matters, Parliament failed three times to elect a President of the Republic, exceeding the deadlines stipulated by the Constitution. 

On Wednesday, al-Sadr accused Iran's proxies of political interference, as well as of exerting pressure on newly elected independent politicians and allies of his Sadrist bloc.

Al Hurra - Washington
  • Upvote 1

%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%B5%D8%AF%D8%B1.jpg

Saleh Muhammad al-Iraqi, known as al-Sadr's minister, warned against attempts to silence the Iraqi street with a Sadrist tool that would be pushed into forming the next government. Al-Iraqi said in a tweet that there is a malicious idea that some political blocs may implement by throwing a Sadrist minister from the current, a dissident, expelled or sympathetic In the government they want to form, in order to silence the Sadrist street, on the one hand, and accusing it of participating in what he described as corruption, on the other hand, warning of the consequences of these moves.

Saleh Mohammed al-Iraqi, known as al-Sadr's minister, renewed his assertion that the Sadrist movement would not participate in negotiations or dialogues to form the next government.

Al-Iraqi said in a tweet on Twitter that the movement will never participate in a parliament, government or others, and that the current negotiations are completely free of members of the Sadrist movement. The Minister of Sadr said in the tweet, “We are people of reform, not dissension and hypocrisy, and those who have wronged will know which coup will turn.”

%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%A7%D9%86.jpg

• Upvote 1

http://non14.net/public/images/large/8-1656068577.jpg

The page of "Saleh Muhammad al-Iraqi" on social media, which is close to the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, indicated today, Friday, what it described as a "malicious act" in the steps to form the new government, which it described as a "government of corruption", pointing out that the response to this act will be "unexpected".

The page stated, "There is a malicious idea that may be applied by some political blocs, which is the inclusion of a Sadrist minister from the current, a dissident, expelled or sympathetic in the government they want to form, to silence the Sadrist street on the one hand, and accusing him of participating in the government of corruption on the other hand."

She added, "How many naive people would believe this, and that this minister came in agreement with (the current) or to please him or other poisonous ideas," adding: "When we announce this, we warn of the consequences of this insolent act."

Al-Iraqi’s page called on the people to “not go along with that,” stressing, “We did not and will not participate with them, neither in parliament, nor government, nor others at all. You have heard us participating with you in terms of whether we know or do not know, or deluding people into this.”

And she concluded by saying: "No one represents us in negotiations, dialogues, or anything of that nature, for you have filled our hearts with pus, and the smell of corruption has filled our noses, and those who have wronged will know which coup will turn."

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1