Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq's Strategies to Enter Global Trade

6ly410

International Trade Center to / NINA /: There are no financial consequences for Iraq's accession to the World Trade Organization

987125-0e01a60f-97b5-4110-a28f-da3195d35
Baghdad / NINA / - The International Trade Center confirmed that there are no financial consequences for Iraq's accession to the World Trade Organization to be part of the international system in various vital sectors.

And the commercial policy coordinator at the International Trade Center, Israa Al-Jabari, said in a statement to the National Iraqi News Agency ( NINA  "Iraq's accession to the World Trade Organization to be within the international lobby for the sectors of economy, agriculture and industry, requires harmonizing the local laws and policies in force with all the regulations and laws approved by the WTO ".

She explained, "The organization is responsible for managing and regulating the trade, agricultural and economic policy operations of all member countries."

And she added, "If Iraq wants to deal with any country from this group, the agreements, policies and local laws must keep pace with global development, which is supposed to be present in all member states of the organization," indicating that "the World Trade Organization will, in the event of Iraq joining it, , regulating trade, economic and agricultural policy, and we will have laws organizing to deal with other countries in a way that guarantees Iraq’s right as a member state in this organization.”

And about the possibility of the WTO’s assistance to Iraq in combating corruption and recovering smuggled money, she explained that “the harmonization of Iraqi laws with the WTO work agreements and the application of modern legislation will eliminate a large part of corruption.”/ End 5
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4

WTO just want to ensure that trade flows as smoothly, predictably and freely as possible.

Global rules of trade provide assurance and stability. Consumers and producers know they can enjoy secure supplies and greater choice of the finished products, components, raw materials and services they use. Producers and exporters know foreign markets will remain open to them.

Go Iraq 🇮🇶 

Go WTO

Go open market economy 

Go stronger dinar.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 11
  • Pow! 5

4 hours ago, 6ly410 said:

And about the possibility of the WTO’s assistance to Iraq in combating corruption and recovering smuggled money, she explained that “the harmonization of Iraqi laws with the WTO work agreements and the application of modern legislation will eliminate a large part of corruption

Iraq needs WTO. WTO needs Iraq to pass the HCL so they can help police their largest industry/export. They need to get it done ASAP, cause the WTO can also help with corruption and money laundering. LET’S GO!

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Fairways&Greens said:

Iraq needs WTO. WTO needs Iraq to pass the HCL so they can help police their largest industry/export. They need to get it done ASAP, cause the WTO can also help with corruption and money laundering. LET’S GO!

Agreed, but these folks don't understand ASAP...like they also have no word for " fluffy " You can see the disadvantage they're operating under.

🙃

• Haha 6

The ascension to the WTO will follow the the trade of oil to the European countries. Once Iraq starts sending the oil to Europe, the WTO will follow suit. The HCL has nothing to do with the ascension to the WTO and as long as Erbil and Baghdad keep negotiating oil and placing it in the budget, the HCL will not get passed. And because of Baghdad's animosity towards the Kurds the HCL will not get passed before the Iraqi Oil and Gas Law (which is not the HCL as the HCL only deals with the Kurds and the Iraqi Oil and Gas Law deals with ALL of Iraq).

• Thanks 6
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 1

Theseus, what is your take on time-frame or real possibility of our much awaited dinar RV?  i understand nobody knows but I'd be interested in your prediction if you're willing to share one and why you think you're timeframe is possible.  Thank you and if you're not interested in responding to this, that's fine too!  Thank you for your consideration and have a nice day,

ASUMama

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, Theseus said:

The ascension to the WTO will follow the the trade of oil to the European countries. Once Iraq starts sending the oil to Europe, the WTO will follow suit. The HCL has nothing to do with the ascension to the WTO and as long as Erbil and Baghdad keep negotiating oil and placing it in the budget, the HCL will not get passed. And because of Baghdad's animosity towards the Kurds the HCL will not get passed before the Iraqi Oil and Gas Law (which is not the HCL as the HCL only deals with the Kurds and the Iraqi Oil and Gas Law deals with ALL of Iraq).

oil and gas law just waiting oly final reading of last amendenment....as for rate chnage it will happen when system collapses, try September

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, jg1 said:

So, your saying HCL is not what we have been waiting for all these years. Because I happen to know a guy, uhhm, he happens to run this site that would say different.

yep....national oil law waiting on last amendment. HCL written by bearing point engaged by Bush, they hate Bush. HCL was Ali from dinartrade his original thought. They are referring to old agreements with amendments! time will prove me right or wrong! happy to be wrong....

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, jg1 said:

So, your saying HCL is not what we have been waiting for all these years. Because I happen to know a guy, uhhm, he happens to run this site that would say different.

Funny, how not too long ago that person was saying we are waiting on the HCL to pass which is the reason a good majority on this site keep rooting for the HCL. It is also funny that I stated at the time a while back that the Iraqi Oil and Gas Law was needed not the HCL. Funny that. The HCL deals with the Kurds and the Oil and Gas Law (aka the flatulence law) deals with ALL of Iraq. So many red dots from this concept alone way back when. But then agin I don't run this site nor did I dismiss the person(s) running this site for their opinion when asked about them because who the hekk  knows what will trigger the RV. No one (outside of those in the know), not me nor the person running this site, caught wind of the devaluation in Dec of 2020. Nuff said.

• Upvote 5
  • Pow! 5

1 hour ago, Theseus said:

Funny, how not too long ago that person was saying we are waiting on the HCL to pass which is the reason a good majority on this site keep rooting for the HCL. It is also funny that I stated at the time a while back that the Iraqi Oil and Gas Law was needed not the HCL. Funny that. The HCL deals with the Kurds and the Oil and Gas Law (aka the flatulence law) deals with ALL of Iraq. So many red dots from this concept alone way back when. But then agin I don't run this site nor did I dismiss the person(s) running this site for their opinion when asked about them because who the hekk  knows what will trigger the RV. No one (outside of those in the know), not me nor the person running this site, caught wind of the devaluation in Dec of 2020. Nuff said.

HCl or the oil and gas law flatulence law whatever it’s called. I’m sure it helps even though the Termanology is not perfect. I appreciate everybody’s input including yours thesis. I think the HCl was supposed to include the part about the Iraqi citizens getting a piece of the pie. The oil and gas revenues. Who knew that the Iraqi politicians were so evil. Kind of like our own politicians. Money is the root of all evil my father used to say. But then again you really don’t know people even after a lifetime. Doesn’t matter so much what you think it’s what you do. My father would say it is easy to say I love you but to actually do it is a different story. Same with evil I guess. Go RV. I’m sure a lot of people are hanging on by a thread and could use it right about now. Good luck to all.

Edited by jg1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

33 minutes ago, jg1 said:

HCl or the oil and gas law flatulence law whatever it’s called. I’m sure it helps even though the Termanology is not perfect. I appreciate everybody’s input including yours thesis. I think the HCl was supposed to include the part about the Iraqi citizens getting a piece of the pie. The oil and gas revenues. Who knew that the Iraqi politicians were so evil. Kind of like our own politicians. Money is the root of all evil my father used to say. But then again you really don’t know people even after a lifetime. Doesn’t matter so much what you think it’s what you do. My father would say it is easy to say I love you but to actually do it is a different story. Same with evil I guess. Go RV. I’m sure a lot of people are hanging on by a thread and could use it right about now. Good luck to all.

Actually the terminology is correct. The HCL refers to the Kurds and their autonomous region and oil. The Oil and Gas Law refers to the oil from ALL of Iraq, including the Kurds not just the Kurds, and creates a new national Oil Company among other things. It would be like the US Federal Government has and regulates your driving through the Department of Transportation (DOT) and each state has their own version called the Bureau/Department of Motor Vehicles. While they appear the same, they are not. 

The Bible quote is "Money is the root of evil" as the word "all" does not appear anywhere in the verse that everyone attributes to the Bible. Look it up.  If you do look it up and the word "all" appears in the verse, throw that Bible out because it has been modified and not genuine.

If it doesn't matter what you think, then why does it matter in the legal sense when a criminal act is tried on intention AND what you do. It does matter what you think in every sense of the word and intend to do and how you follow through with what you think (action). You have to think of something before you can follow through with it. The charge of murder and the degree of which someone is tried is based on intention, did you or did you not intend (premeditated or not) to kill that person.

Not saying your father is wrong, but some of the old ways have been known to be wrong time and time again. But hey whatever gets you by.

Edited by Theseus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

On 7/13/2022 at 2:44 PM, Theseus said:

Actually the terminology is correct. The HCL refers to the Kurds and their autonomous region and oil. The Oil and Gas Law refers to the oil from ALL of Iraq, including the Kurds not just the Kurds, and creates a new national Oil Company among other things. It would be like the US Federal Government has and regulates your driving through the Department of Transportation (DOT) and each state has their own version called the Bureau/Department of Motor Vehicles. While they appear the same, they are not. 

The Bible quote is "Money is the root of evil" as the word "all" does not appear anywhere in the verse that everyone attributes to the Bible. Look it up.  If you do look it up and the word "all" appears in the verse, throw that Bible out because it has been modified and not genuine.

If it doesn't matter what you think, then why does it matter in the legal sense when a criminal act is tried on intention AND what you do. It does matter what you think in every sense of the word and intend to do and how you follow through with what you think (action). You have to think of something before you can follow through with it. The charge of murder and the degree of which someone is tried is based on intention, did you or did you not intend (premeditated or not) to kill that person.

Not saying your father is wrong, but some of the old ways have been known to be wrong time and time again. But hey whatever gets you by.

Thanks. There have been plenty of things I have thought about doing I thank goodness I never followed through and did not do it with “action”. Does that still make me a criminal? 

Edited by jg1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jg1 said:

Thanks. There have been plenty of things I have thought about doing I thank goodness I never followed through and did not do it with “action”. Does that still make me a criminal? 

Never said you were. However in some cases, yes. In other cases, no. For example, Red Flag laws are a prime example of intention before action. There have been several cases recently in which Red Flag laws have not been enforced and the outcome was catastrophic. Red Flag laws are solely based off of pre-emptive action by law enforcement which they, law enforcement, act upon intention. If they found something in their investigation which would be deemed illegal on your part, then you would be a criminal after you have had your due process. Red Flag laws are enacted based off the intention of the individual before they might or do take action. How do you like your Red Flag laws now? You thought you might do something, haven't followed through at that time and the police come and raid your house, even though you may have no intention to act upon your intentions. The law books are full of cases where people though and voiced their thoughts (this is not the action based on your thoughts for the intended action) but did not act upon those thoughts and can be held liable for those thoughts.  Red Flag laws are not just about confiscation as an individual can be detained, arrested and tried.

Nice try though.  

Edited by Theseus

2 hours ago, jg1 said:

Another case might be you voice your thoughts of killing/murdering your wife to a hitman which turns out to be an undercover cop. At that time you can be arrested and tried. Howver most DAs will want evidence beyond a shadow of a doubt so they will wait until you follow though. The point is you can be arrested for just voicing your thought of hiring a hitman.

Another case which recently made news was the case of the guy who did not follow though with his thoughts to kill Justice Kavanaugh. While he did follow through with some of his thoughts he did not follow through with all of them. He intended to kill the Justice but called the police instead. You might argue he was in the process of acting upon his thoughts but he didn't act upon all of his thoughts. He was charged with attempted murder. 

Another case would be threatening POTUS. You don't need to follow through just need to voice your thoughts. 

Another case would be a death threat against someone. While you may not have acted upon the death threat, you thought it and voiced your your thoughts. Police then consider if it is a credible thought or someone just trying to intimidate another person. Thus if it is just a voced thought but no action, you can still be held criminally liable. 

A threat is not an action until it is acted upon. Until it is acted upon it is still a thought of what you might intend to do and the legal system takes this into account.

Any more?

1 hour ago, Theseus said:

Another case might be you voice your thoughts of killing/murdering your wife to a hitman which turns out to be an undercover cop. At that time you can be arrested and tried. Howver most DAs will want evidence beyond a shadow of a doubt so they will wait until you follow though. The point is you can be arrested for just voicing your thought of hiring a hitman.

Another case which recently made news was the case of the guy who did not follow though with his thoughts to kill Justice Kavanaugh. While he did follow through with some of his thoughts he did not follow through with all of them. He intended to kill the Justice but called the police instead. You might argue he was in the process of acting upon his thoughts but he didn't act upon all of his thoughts. He was charged with attempted murder. 

Another case would be threatening POTUS. You don't need to follow through just need to voice your thoughts. 

Another case would be a death threat against someone. While you may not have acted upon the death threat, you thought it and voiced your your thoughts. Police then consider if it is a credible thought or someone just trying to intimidate another person. Thus if it is just a voced thought but no action, you can still be held criminally liable. 

A threat is not an action until it is acted upon. Until it is acted upon it is still a thought of what you might intend to do and the legal system takes this into account.

Any more?

Thanks Theseus.

I never said voicing your thoughts. I said 

Doesn’t matter so much what you think it’s what you do.. There is a difference between voicing and not voicing your thoughts.

On 7/11/2022 at 9:09 AM, Laid Back said:

WTO just want to ensure that trade flows as smoothly, predictably and freely as possible.

Really, thats all they want? Farmers in the Netherlands, Truckers in Canada, in the US, statements from the Davos crew, Sri Lanka instability. Hmmmm? Thats all they want, so the people who disagree are all criminals maybe ... maybe not. JMHO.

• Thanks 1
  • Pow! 1

On 7/12/2022 at 10:11 PM, screwball said:

HCL had them steal iraqs oil!!!!!  why do you think companies are pulling out of agreements?

because the Iraqi Supreme Court said that the Kurdish region had no legal standing to negotiate international oil contracts on their own. Plus there is no stable and seated government in Iraq, close to what , a year after their last election cuz the corrupt like the Maliki party want more money, more power. Let the poor in Iraq eat cake types.

• Pow! 1