Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Shocking number.. How much is the percentage of 'idle money' in Iraq?

yota691

Shocking number.. How much is the percentage of 'idle money' in Iraq?

831 Economie 2022/07/15 11:39 Baghdad today -

Diyala Today, Friday, the head of the Bayaraq Al-Khair movement, Muhammad Al-Khalidi, revealed that 70 percent of Iraq's money is hoarded (idle). Al-Khalidi said to (Baghdad Today), "The most prominent internal problems in Iraq are economic, as they represent the pressing factor in light of the presence of nearly 13 million people below the poverty line." He added, "70% of the money in Iraq is hoarded in homes, that is, idle, and far from the banks that, if invested, would move economic activities, explaining, that "leaving this money away from the banks is a strategic mistake that needs solutions." He pointed out, "Any government that is formed without an upcoming economic rescue plan will fall within a few months regardless of its political support mechanisms, stressing the need to entrust the task of prime minister to an economic figure who advances the economic reality in the country." And the Iraqi Ministry of Planning expected, earlier, that the poverty rate in the country would rise to 25 percent. The ministry's spokesman, Abdul-Zahra Al-Hindawi, said in press statements, "The ministry will soon start recording a new poverty survey in Iraq, and determine its indicators in light of the current conditions, whether they are related to Corona or the product of global food conditions ." He added, "The last statistic of poverty rates in Iraq in 2019 before the pandemic recorded approximately 22.5 percent," noting that "after the pandemic, and due to economic and health conditions, the percentage increased, and our expectations now are that it may reach 25 percent."

• Thanks 6

2 hours ago, yota691 said:

He added, "70% of the money in Iraq is hoarded in homes, that is, idle, and far from the banks 

Mattress money huh. If the CBI can increase their purchasing power , give higher interest rate and get a free TV for sign up, iraqi citizens will definitely run and keep their dinars in the bank.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, rvmydinar said:

Mattress money huh. If the CBI can increase their purchasing power , give higher interest rate and get a free TV for sign up, iraqi citizens will definitely run and keep their dinars in the bank.

More like under the rug money. I was there in 06 working with KBR. Most of the people don't have mattresses, they pile up 3 or 4 rugs and that's where they slept.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, tn vol said:

More like under the rug money. I was there in 06 working with KBR. Most of the people don't have mattresses, they pile up 3 or 4 rugs and that's where they slept.

Thanks. I didn't know they slept under the rug. If they have been hiding the money under the rug , don't you think their money would be easily stolen by whoever slept in the same room? Just wonder how much money can they hide under the rug? 20 million @ 50,000 or more? And when they wake up in the morning , don't they have to fold up the rug and where do they have to hide the money again?

• Confused 2

I have been reading similar news articles for the last 10 years.

“70% of the monetary mass out of banking System”

It is difficult for me to believe that after a 22% devaluation 2 years ago

ago, there’s still a 70% monetary mass out of banking system.

If I was in the same situation I will run the bank to buy dollars to protect all my life savings.

just saying 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6

4 hours ago, Laid Back said:

If I was in the same situation I will run the bank to buy dollars to protect all my life savings.

just saying 

Which was the start of the Great Depression in the 1920s.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Laid Back said:

just saying 

Smart people.. I don't trust any central bank..

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, new york kevin said:

What sized TV ? 33 inches or 65?

That's a good question. The first 1,000 people / day for a month that sign up will get TV ( whatever size is available ). And the second 5,000 people / day for a month will get a free TV CABLE ( whatever channel is available ) for 1 full year. And well , the rest of the people / day for a month will get a free suitcase ( whatever size is available ). First come first serve. This promotion is valid everyday for 1 month time limit only.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Pow! 1

14 hours ago, danielchu said:

NO bank robbers .. just 

Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves
never heard of a magic carpet ride?

Do you mean " ALADDIN " and will smith as " GENIE " who gives 3 wishes. First wish is RV the IQD at $3+. And second wish is RV at $5+ ( one month later ). And the third wish is RV at $10+ ( 3 months later ).  I watch that movie a few times and it is so hillarious.

• Upvote 1

These dopes have been throwing percentages & numbers around on this subject for YEARS !!! Not buying in.

The news on every aspect whether the government or it's policies & people has been incredibly convoluted. The only positive read you get is after 19 years it's STILL...one great big EPIC hairy fur ball of a FUBAR/SNAFU.... with no end in sight.

Well, back to the baseball game.

• Upvote 4
  • Pow! 2

On 7/16/2022 at 4:01 AM, rvmydinar said:

That's a good question. The first 1,000 people / day for a month that sign up will get TV ( whatever size is available ). And the second 5,000 people / day for a month will get a free TV CABLE ( whatever channel is available ) for 1 full year. And well , the rest of the people / day for a month will get a free suitcase ( whatever size is available ). First come first serve. This promotion is valid everyday for 1 month time limit only.

Thats how it's done folks. That would work.  Oooo , or maybe give each new depositor a window a/c unit, then the following month a portable generator ; both large enuf to handle a small house or apartment . Start this campaign after the get a popular duely elected government seated , up and running.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, new york kevin said:

Thats how it's done folks. That would work.  Oooo , or maybe give each new depositor a window a/c unit, then the following month a portable generator ; both large enuf to handle a small house or apartment . Start this campaign after the get a popular duely elected government seated , up and running.

May be that's how malarki won the election and became a PM before. And who knows this time Malarki will do it again in order to win and become a new PM.

• Thanks 1