Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I'm HORRIFIED at being harassed and called a "SCAMMER"

Floridian

I have had the most HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE with a “prepper business” called Canadian Preparedness. They make daily videos by “Canadian Prepper” on YouTube, and also sell food for long-term storage.  DON'T EVER BUY FROM THEM!

After waiting a reasonable time for the delivery, I called and told them that I did not receive my order. They told me that my order PROBABLY was held up by the US Post Office or Customs. I was told to wait a little longer.  Two months later, I still have nothing.  They offer 2 shipping options and blamed me for choosing the “cheaper” option for shipping which has no tracking.

I wanted to try out 2, one-serving, small packets of food before making a bigger order.  The order was for $25.64.  The “cheaper shipping” was $10.73 additional, a total of $36.37.  My credit card was charged immediately, of course.

Numerous phone calls and emails back and forth have taken place.  When I told them to either send the order again or send me a refund, they refused to do either.  They said it’s not their fault that I never received the order - it’s the fault of the USPS or Customs.

Today, I told them I would notify the Better Business Bureau if they didn’t resolve this problem and make it right.  They responded with an an email saying that they will refund my money.  I guess they didn’t want me to report them, which I was not going to do after they said they would refund my money. HOWEVER………………….

Then, the harassment started. They emailed and called me a “scammer” saying that I scammed them out of $36.37.   To date, I have never received the food.

This is the latest email today from Nate Mack, who said he is the owner of the company:

"We just let you scam us out of $36."

“You order something and when it gets delayed – not by us – but  by USPS or US Customs, you harass us until you get free food.  If anyone has reason to involve a lawyer, it’s us.  The true test of being a “Christian” is whether, when it arrives, you call and apologize and then pay for it.”

I doubt very much that this small order of 2 packets (single servings) of food would be held up by USPS or Customs.  I never received the order and I am horrified that any company would put a customer through a living hell like this - saying that none of it is their fault, refusing to "make it right", blaming me for choosing the "cheaper shipping option", calling me a scammer and sending me harassing emails.  This has never happened to me in my life!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

I would have called them one time. Explain the situation. Tell them you did not get your food. And then I would have called my bank and had the credit card company stop payment, get your money back and let them fight it out between the credit card company. Your other choice was to call US Customs or the post office and ask them if there was any thing they could do anything about it. Mail order stuff is tough. But thanks for the heads up.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

I would have called them one time. Explain the situation. Tell them you did not get your food. And then I would have called my bank and had the credit card company stop payment, get your money back and let them fight it out between the credit card company. Your other choice was to call US Customs or the post office and ask them if there was any thing they could do anything about it. Mail order stuff is tough. But thanks for the heads up.

How do you stop payment if they immediately charge your account and you wait weeks to get the order?  Wouldn't they have already been paid?  Is it possible to take back a payment after they've already been paid?  

I did call the Post Office and they don't have it.  I wouldn't know how to call "Customs".

Like I said, this has never happened to me before with any other company.  I was trying to be nice and get it resolved and then they started blaming me.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Floridian said:

How do you stop payment if they immediately charge your account and you wait weeks to get the order?

You call you cc company, tell them what happen and have them debit their account for the charge. Then your scamming company can fight it out with the cc company. I have done this a few times with American Express and they have no problem going to bat for you. They will credit your account and then they will take care of the company that screwed you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

2 hours ago, Floridian said:

How do you stop payment if they immediately charge your account and you wait weeks to get the order?  Wouldn't they have already been paid?  Is it possible to take back a payment after they've already been paid?  

I did call the Post Office and they don't have it.  I wouldn't know how to call "Customs".

Like I said, this has never happened to me before with any other company.  I was trying to be nice and get it resolved and then they started blaming me.

You need to start a dispute with the credit card company. Tell them what happened. The food company can't dispute your claim because there is no tracking number. They will most likely believe the card holder. They will then credit your account and take money back from the sender and If on the chance you receive the item down the road it will be up to you if you send it back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Floridian, if they don't want to cooperate, another way to get back at them is, if you have a Facebook account, go over there and put up a public notice about what happened to you. Tell people that in your opinion, and with what you have experienced with this company, you would NOT recommend anyone doing business with this company.  They are not trustworthy.   

I hope you have a successful resolution with this company. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Smokey Mtn. Dinar said:

Floridian, if they don't want to cooperate, another way to get back at them is, if you have a Facebook account, go over there and put up a public notice about what happened to you. Tell people that in your opinion, and with what you have experienced with this company, you would NOT recommend anyone doing business with this company.  They are not trustworthy.   

I hope you have a successful resolution with this company. 

Thank you.  I don't have a Facebook account.  Maybe I need to start one.

• Like 1

I checked my credit card account and the refund is now being "processed".  So they did come through with the refund.  Looks like they were afraid to be reported to the Better Business Bureau.  The credit card company said it takes 2 to 3 days to complete.  They told me that after it goes through, I can call them back and tell them not to allow that company to make any more charges on my account.  I'm going to do that because who knows what that those horrible people are liable to do.

I can't get over that they called me a scammer and harassed me with so many emails.

I now find that the guy that does the "prepper" videos is the same guy that owns the company. It's hard to believe because I've been watching Canadian Prepper videos on YouTube for a long time and he always seemed like a good guy.  The nasty emails I got were from the company owner, Nate.  I looked up Canadian Prepper's real name is it's Nate Polson.   Then I found this:  "Canadian Preparedness is a family run Canadian company based out of Saskatoon Saskatchewan".   I would never have guessed, without checking, that the nice guy on the videos is the same guy who harassed me and called me a scammer. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

21 hours ago, Floridian said:

Thank you.  I don't have a Facebook account.  Maybe I need to start one.

Never ever start a Facebook account.  They committed treason and deserve no business from any Americans.  They have no respect for privacy and track you across the internet even when you are signed off.  They don’t protect children. Every time you sign on and click on anything you put money in Zuckerbergs pocket which allows him to continue his nefarious ways. The company should be banned, shut down and the building burned. The servers should get the hilarious treatment. Triple bleached.  A complete blight on our society! I’m glad I sugarcoated this.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Pow! 3

31 minutes ago, cws said:

Never ever start a Facebook account.  They committed treason and deserve no business from any Americans.  They have no respect for privacy and track you across the internet even when you are signed off.  They don’t protect children. Every time you sign on and click on anything you put money in Zuckerbergs pocket which allows him to continue his nefarious ways. The company should be banned, shut down and the building burned. The servers should get the hilarious treatment. Triple bleached.  A complete blight on our society! I’m glad I sugarcoated this.  

WOW!  I had no idea!  I don't want any part of that.  Thanks for telling me.

How did they commit treason?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Floridian said:

WOW!  I had no idea!  I don't want any part of that.  Thanks for telling me.

How did they commit treason?

Zuckerberg funded the illegal drop boxes for ballots in most of the swing states along with others. Even though illegal then the practice is now banned in 20 states since 2020.  Called them Zuck bucks.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, cws said:

Zuckerberg funded the illegal drop boxes for ballots in most of the swing states along with others. Even though illegal then the practice is now banned in 20 states since 2020.  Called them Zuck bucks.  

Oh.......now I remember reading about that.  Thanks so much.

He ought to be in jail.