Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

How Far Can a Gas Truck & an Electric Ford Lightning Go Towing the Same Camper On ONE Fill-up?

24 minutes ago, Pitcher said:

Nope, not even close.  We just don’t trust you or particularly like you.  Why? It’s very simple.  You come on this site looking for a fight every time you post.  

I’m not trying to be mean spirited, unlike you who had to call md a name like it is some disease. (ultra conservative).   Why must you be so snarky when you make a post?  

Who jumped on who here Pitcher. I relayed my experience with an Ev and get called names (like a disease) tree hugger and liberal. FIRST!!! So now I can’t call him an ultra conservative. So I get the double standard from you and many others. You don’t think md post were snarky before my post?  If you don’t you’re just lying to yourself.  I get so tired of this crap. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Plenty of snarkiness from all sides in multiple

threads.

But I have to confess these non dinar discussions  are very heavy with consertive participants.

Lots of ganging up, name calling and emotion gets injected in to the conversations 

Very little compromise  or just people parting ways with mutual respect  for the others views or perspective.  

This was just a discussion  about ICE vs EV. A discussion that couldn't be had without name calling or snarkiness. I really feel some people here just have a need to follow others to different discussion threads and just want to instigate, incite and argue.

Kind of like our government. One side ( pick a side) has to be right at any cost and no compromise is possible. 

I find these discussions very informative on multiple levels. They also reveal a lot about human behavior and thought process. 

• Thanks 1
  • Pow! 2

1 hour ago, caddieman said:

I get so tired of this crap

I agree, with you. I hadn’t read all the posts above.  My bad, so sorry to ruffle your feathers.  md, apologize to caddieman   

All I’m going to say about double standards is, payback is going to be very hard for you Dems next year when the House goes Rep. 

BTW, caddieman, since you brought up lying, how about apologizing to the board for the Russia Russia Russia lies that you spewed every time you posted.  While you are at it go ahead and apologize for installing the worst President America has ever seen.  Biden must have really liked the 70’s so he brought them back.    

One last thing to stay on topic.  I owned a Tesla S.  I had a number of problems with it and sold it after 1.5 years. I bought another Lexus hybrid and loving it.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 3

1 hour ago, Pitcher said:

I agree, with you. I hadn’t read all the posts above.  My bad, so sorry to ruffle your feathers.  md, apologize to caddieman   

All I’m going to say about double standards is, payback is going to be very hard for you Dems next year when the House goes Rep. 

BTW, caddieman, since you brought up lying, how about apologizing to the board for the Russia Russia Russia lies that you spewed every time you posted.  While you are at it go ahead and apologize for installing the worst President America has ever seen.  Biden must have really liked the 70’s so he brought them back.    

One last thing to stay on topic.  I owned a Tesla S.  I had a number of problems with it and sold it after 1.5 years. I bought another Lexus hybrid and loving it.  

I will say thanks for going back and looking at the posts at least. Second I’m not a Democrat. And have voted for far more Republicans than Democrats. 
As far as the Russian thing I have hardly ever bring it up. My take is he publicly asked Russia to look into the emails. That’s a fact. Many on here don’t think that’s a big deal. I do. 
I too will stay on topic I own a Tesla model Y and love it! 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, caddieman said:

My take is he publicly asked Russia to look into the emails. That’s a fact. Many on here don’t think that’s a big deal. I do.

Where is the crime in asking to see emails they may have in their possession?  "Russia, if you are listening, I hope you are able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you'll be mightily rewarded by our press."

I don't have a Telsa.... Drove by their Tesla Plant doing 90 in my Chevy Traverse.  I was getting 24mpg at the time.:)

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Pow! 2

26 minutes ago, caddieman said:

Second I’m not a Democrat.

Ok, if you say so.  

I'm glad you enjoy your Y.  I'm sure Tsla has worked out a lot of the kinks since I got mine back in mid 2017. 

• Thanks 1

caddieman, I DON"T NEED to have owned an EV to discuss this with you. I had a Brother-in-Law who owned a Honda EV and got rid of after less than a year. Hasn't bought one since. Another friend who owned a Tesla and ran out of charge 1/2 mile from a friend's house in the mountains. Dead in the water. We had to go tow him to the house for him to take over 1/2 day to charge. Many other instances too many to name here, but the point is I am NOT against EVs. but I AM against this mad rush to destroy our economy by jacking up gas prices and inflation in a blatant attemp to force us to buy EVs WELL before the infrastructure of the country is ready to support such a move. IT IS INSANITY!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Pow! 6

My experience....

Nope...never owned an EV.....only a SB......which has provided up to a gazillion miles of costless travel....no gas.....no electric...

Guess that makes me the ultimate "greenie"....

You can even go NYC to England in 5 and a half days..  

I still support clean burning natural gas followed by hydrogen fusion.....and of course the nuclear plants....

to lead us into our energy future....

CL 

• Thanks 4

Everyone talks "compromise" but I have experienced California compromise and no thank you. You give a Liberal a little and they want it all with no return. Compromise is "give a little, take a little". Not " We will give you what we want and you will like it". There is no honest compromise with a Liberal. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Pow! 4

13 hours ago, caddieman said:

So now I can’t call him an ultra conservative

Call me whatever you want caddieman. I am not bothered by that at all. I AM a conservative, perhaps an Ultra conservative and proud of it. I am a conservtive in my belief that this county was given to us by God and now we are trying to remove him from every corner of our lives. I believe our Constitution is the finest document ever written in the world by some of the brightest men to walk the earth and should be honored and protected at all costs. I believe every man woman and child should have the right to be what they desire including LBGTQ, just don't stick in my or my children's faces and tell me that it is normal, IT'S NOT!! I believe there are TWO and ONLY TWO sexes and that men CANNOT birth a child. I believe you should make decisions that affect you and your families lives WITHOUT government interference (including what to drive, where to live, whether or not the mRNA vacs are right for you and your loved ones or not, etc). I Damn sure believe we should protect our planet and environment. As someone who grew up on a farm and know what it takes to scratch out a living in the dirt, I ask you, who is better to mange the land, the man who makes his living from the land, or the government? I know there are times we need government in our lives, but I believe today we have WAY too much of that and it is neither right nor healthy for our society. I don't for one second believe the bilge spewing from the mouths of guys like John Kerry or any of the other liberals trying to sell me on climate change. Computer models ARE NOT science. Enough said here, I am getting too long in my comment. I will say this, if I hurt your feelings or offended you in any way caddieman, I am sorry. I enjoy a good debate (especially in person where I can look someone in the eyes) and for the most part you provide the catalyst for that. I very seldom agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. Dawg out!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 10

On 7/7/2022 at 6:57 AM, md11fr8dawg said:

Call me whatever you want caddieman. I am not bothered by that at all. I AM a conservative, perhaps an Ultra conservative and proud of it. I am a conservtive in my belief that this county was given to us by God and now we are trying to remove him from every corner of our lives. I believe our Constitution is the finest document ever written in the world by some of the brightest men to walk the earth and should be honored and protected at all costs. I believe every man woman and child should have the right to be what they desire including LBGTQ, just don't stick in my or my children's faces and tell me that it is normal, IT'S NOT!! I believe there are TWO and ONLY TWO sexes and that men CANNOT birth a child. I believe you should make decisions that affect you and your families lives WITHOUT government interference (including what to drive, where to live, whether or not the mRNA vacs are right for you and your loved ones or not, etc). I Damn sure believe we should protect our planet and environment. As someone who grew up on a farm and know what it takes to scratch out a living in the dirt, I ask you, who is better to mange the land, the man who makes his living from the land, or the government? I know there are times we need government in our lives, but I believe today we have WAY too much of that and it is neither right nor healthy for our society. I don't for one second believe the bilge spewing from the mouths of guys like John Kerry or any of the other liberals trying to sell me on climate change. Computer models ARE NOT science. Enough said here, I am getting too long in my comment. I will say this, if I hurt your feelings or offended you in any way caddieman, I am sorry. I enjoy a good debate (especially in person where I can look someone in the eyes) and for the most part you provide the catalyst for that. I very seldom agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. Dawg out!

I appreciate that md. I get called everything in the book around here so I’m used to it. What I do get mad at mostly is when I get attacked, name calling whatever and I respond in kind, I’m labeled the instigator, the trouble maker, just looking for a fight. I will talk to anyone here about things all day if people can keep it civil. But I’m not just going to sit back and take being abused, not that you did, I’m just saying. I responded in this thread because I own a Ev and I have first hand knowledge of my experiences. I’m not saying everyone should own a EV. It’s not for everyone. But I love mine. Again thanks for the response.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Ford is recalling certain models of the 2020 to 2022 Escape, Maverick, and Corsair due to the risk of under-hood fires (via Reuters and CNBC). The recall affects over 100,000 vehicles in the US, all of which come with a 2.5-liter hybrid / plug-in hybrid (HEV / PHEV) engine.23 hours ago

CNBC
Ford tells drivers to park outside, expands recall for possible engine fires
Ford is expanding a recall of SUVs and telling owners to park them outside after a series of engine fires that can happen even when the ignition...
.2 days ago

• Thanks 1
  • Pow! 1

Wind Turbine Fail: Texas Grid Operator Begs Texans to Turn Off Appliances During Peak Hours to Avoid Rolling Blackouts Amid Heat Wave and Very Low Winds

power-outage.jpg

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/07/wind-turbine-fail-texas-grid-operator-begs-texans-turn-off-appliances-peak-hours-avoid-rolling-blackouts-amid-heat-wave-low-winds/

• Like 1
  • Pow! 1

On 7/8/2022 at 9:03 AM, caddieman said:

I own a Ev

And that may be part of the problem:

Electric Cars Are Now Being Targeted For Overloading The Electric Grids During An Energy Crisis

Tesla has asked owners in Texas not to charge their cars during a heat wave to help avoid blackouts and overloading the state’s failing power grid.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/07/electric-cars-now-targeted-overloading-electric-grids-energy-crisis/

• Like 1