Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

"On low fire." A sudden and important statement by the Prime Minister's advisor on changing the exchange of the dollar

yota691

1 hour ago, horsesoldier said:

IMHO ... Maybe 2023. There's more than just the usual ' astonishing ' amount of foot dragging, sand bagging, stone walling, ignorance & resistance by All parties, criminal or otherwise.

They've created their own playbook of  EPIC CRIMINAL POLITICAL NEGLIGENCE...How to crush a country & the hope of it's people while stuffing your bank accounts as a "politician"

I’m hoping your right about 2023 

2 hours ago, Floridian said:

Well, I'm thinking that absolutely nothing is going to happen with the Dinar until they "re-set" all the currencies with the horrible "Great Reset" and "New World Order" that they keep telling us about.  Thanks to Klaus Schwab and his ilk, and Joe Biden who has no clue what's going on and could care less anyway, this world is "going to hell in a hand basket".  I keep praying for good leadership for our country, but it ain't gonna happen til we get rid of the senile President and his liberal cohorts.  🙏

I’m hoping we can get all republicans (no RINOs) put into place in Nov.! It won’t fix everything, but it might stop the hemorrhaging….. With 30 Democratic Senators retiring this year, I’m thinking even the moderate Democratic Senators are hoping and praying Congress can get back on track and go back to work for America. Screw Iran, China, and the Ukraine. With Pelosi, Jill,  and Bono with Edge all running for the Ukraine, it must not be too big of a threat if all the women visiting! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, "Fred" said:

I agree the world is a real mess. So your thinking least 2 years. I’m only wondering because I need to remodel the house and I didn’t want to get a loan I was hoping to use dinar money 

I have no idea.  I think the Dinar will revalue whenever they re-set all the currencies.  Don't know how long that will take, but they're getting us ready for it.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Floridian said:

Well, I'm thinking that absolutely nothing is going to happen with the Dinar until they "re-set" all the currencies with the horrible "Great Reset" and "New World Order" that they keep telling us about.  Thanks to Klaus Schwab and his ilk, and Joe Biden who has no clue what's going on and could care less anyway, this world is "going to hell in a hand basket".  I keep praying for good leadership for our country, but it ain't gonna happen til we get rid of the senile President and his liberal cohorts.  🙏

well i think Iraq plays a big role in he great reset considering all the countries that were involved in printing the dinar??? US, UK, Australia, Germany, France, Israel???? all Caoalition partners in the war!!!! all in debt!!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

One time at summer bank camp (really it was band camp) I was talking to a friend I cannot name but we will say he was from that land in the desert sun where the Tigris and Euphrates come together. Anyways, we got to talking about the condition of his family over there and I asked him why after thousand of years do they still live where potatoes will not grow. He told oh those polly guys keep tell us that the rain is coming just wait it out. It will be here they guarantee one year and then every year after that they will get more 5 inches of rainfall a year, more than enough to grow potatoes - just keep working the sand...err land. So we toil and boil and boil and toil yet we don't get very far he says. Of course with enough hope you can turn sand into black gold, I tell him. He just laughed and as he lifted his horn to his lips said that really blows.

Edited by Theseus
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Upvote 1

“The Iraqi economy has now entered a stage of adaptation, development, and release of its own forces and important latent preparations in a positive, promising and unprecedented manner after the dangerous recession that the country“

Go Iraq 

Go development 

Go growth 

Go stronger dinar 1:1

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Adviser to the Prime Minister warns of financial austerity and considers the white paper "almost inoperative"

{Economic: Al Furat News} The financial advisor to the Prime Minister, Mazhar Muhammad Salih, warned of financial austerity in the event that the emergency support law for food security and development proposed by the House of Representatives is not approved.

Saleh said in a press statement this evening: "We need to strengthen the ration card because the financial management law is not sufficient to meet the needs of the card, as well as the allocations of farmers," stressing that "the legislation of the law is for truly urgent needs, because Iraq is in a food emergency."

He explained that "the cost of oil derivatives has risen in prices, and this increase must be compensated, and there is a significant restriction due to the inflation of these commodities and the value of financing, and there is no luxury in the law.

He warned that "the country is going through a state of austerity and inflation that creates stagflation, and we enter into a dangerous economic cycle that will appear in the last quarter of the year in case the law is not passed," noting that "the law is a rescue spending package to achieve economic stability and avoid risks."

Saleh pointed out, "The prices of imported fuel and gas have increased by about 40%, and the rate of poverty has increased, and there is no authority for the government to dispose of the cash reserve, and the Ministry of Finance does not have to borrow except with a budget, and there will be an implementation deficit in exchange for financial surpluses that can be used."

He continued, "The white paper is almost suspended due to the high support for the ration card, derivatives and allocations to farmers, and it must be amended and extended to 10 years instead of 3 years and to be refined. Iraq needs an economic reform constitution."

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Financial Adviser: The white paper is almost broken... Failure to pass the emergency support will lead to austerity

Baghdad - people  

On Sunday, Adviser to the Prime Minister, Mazhar Muhammad Salih, expected the passage of the Emergency support Law for Food Security and Development, while warning of a "state of austerity" if the bill was not passed.  

Saleh said in a statement to the official channel, followed by "Nass" (May 29, 2022), that "the proposed law on emergency support for food security and development is very important in providing the ration card and enhancing strategic storage, as well as the need to provide allocations to pay farmers' dues, in addition to providing the cost of imported oil derivatives." , expected to "pass the proposed law."  

Saleh warned of "the state of austerity, financial distress and inflation, which is a dangerous phenomenon, in the event that the proposed law is not passed," noting that "this law proposal is a rescue spending package to reduce any potential risks."  

Saleh added that "the prices of fuel, gas, sugar and grains rose by 40% from last year," stressing the need to "provide the ration card items due to the high rate of poverty."  

And regarding the white paper, Saleh said that "this paper is almost disabled in such a circumstance after the increase in financial support," explaining that "this paper is a long-term reform and can be modified because the Iraqi economy needs it."  

And the representative of the Sadrist bloc, Ibtisam Al-Tamimi, announced earlier that the Food Security Law is ready for a second reading, stressing that its legislation will cover the needs of the state in a large proportion.  

Al-Tamimi said in a statement that "Nass" received a copy of it (May 28, 2022), that "the Iraqi state is in dire need of a law that provides sufficient financial allocations to cover the necessary expenses, which are directly related to the lives of citizens in general and those with limited income in particular."    

A member of the Parliamentary Legal Committee stated, "The Food Security Law guarantees sufficient funds for the ration card items, the salaries of the social protection network, the payment of farmers' dues, the establishment of the Small Projects Fund, the purchase of electric power, and others."    

She stressed, "The Food Security Law is ready for the second reading under the dome of Parliament, as its legislation and entry into force will secure the state's needs and provide financial and legal cover for it in a large proportion."    

The office of the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, called on the parliament, earlier, to approve the food security law.  

The office said in a document issued by it, a copy of which was received by “People” (May 28, 2022), “It became necessary for the honorable parliament to pass a service law that directly benefits the people, which is the Food Security Law.”    

me_ga.php?id=37109  

The Parliamentary Finance Committee, earlier, referred the text of the proposed food security bill in Parliament to the Legal Committee.   

According to documents obtained by "Nass" (May 19, 2022), the Finance Committee referred the Law of Permanent support for Food Security to the Presidency of the House of Representatives, which in turn referred the project to the Legal Committee to take the necessary action.       

me_ga.php?id=36657  

me_ga.php?id=36658  

me_ga.php?id=36659  

me_ga.php?id=36660  

me_ga.php?id=36661  

A member of the Parliamentary Finance Committee, Khalil Al-Duski, confirmed, earlier, that the food security bill submitted by the government is not a substitute for the budget, while noting that the new proposal submitted by the Finance Committee met with harmony under the dome of Parliament.  

Al-Dosky said in a statement to the official channel, followed by "Nas", (18 May 2022): "The food security law came for several reasons, namely the rise in prices, especially wheat, as well as the energy and water crisis that threatens the environment of Iraqi cities."        

He added, "It is necessary to think about issues that threaten the country more than thinking about legal matters related to the law," noting that "the Finance Committee decided to present the law in accordance with the powers granted to authorizing the Council of Ministers to approve it."        

Al-Dosky indicated that "the Council of Ministers knows the possibilities of implementing the law and the available amounts, indicating that" the law has been subject to some amendments by the Finance Committee during the last period.        

The member of the Finance Committee added that "after the first reading, the project will be discussed from several aspects, specifically the ceiling of the amount that will be allocated in addition to subtracting or deleting some of its clauses," explaining that "there is harmony in the Finance Committee in principle on the law, except for some items included in the law."        

He pointed out that "the tables of amounts that were determined in the first formulation added by the Financial Committee do not exceed 25 trillion Iraqi dinars and include food security, poverty and others," noting the possibility of providing "the majority in the Council, and the issue of appeals remains, this is another issue."        

Al-Dosky also pointed out that "it is the national duty to present a project that serves the public interest to facilitate services and provide the basic needs of the citizen who cannot face global and climatic fluctuations that led to the drying up of rivers and water sources." He stressed, "There is an urgent need to pass such a law in such circumstances."        

And on the budget, a member of the Finance Committee said that “the issue of passing the budget is linked to the political circumstances. At any moment, there was agreement on general matters and on defining the constitutional path and proceeding with it as decreed, such as electing the president of the republic and forming the government. At this time it is possible, but without these circumstances, it is difficult to pass the budget.” .        

He stressed that "food security is not a substitute for the budget, but there are urgent necessities, such as suspended projects in the presence of financial abundance."    

POSTED ON2022-06-04 BY SOTALIRAQ

Al-Kazemi’s advisor: Two main factors contributed to the failure to approve the final accounts ten years ago

The first is the difficulty of settling the accumulated government advances, which have reached a very high number

msalih2_w900_h900.jpg

Today, Saturday (June 4, 2022), the financial advisor to the Prime Minister, Mazhar Muhammad Salih, identified two main factors that contributed to the failure of the approval of the state's final accounts ten years ago.

Saleh said, in an interview published by the official news agency: “The final account of the state reflects the processes of approving public citizenship, in accordance with the legal regulations, regulations and financial instructions issued, to show the financial position of the state, because of its collectible rights and its repayable obligations.”

He added that "the balance of the final account shows the increase or decrease in the state's assets or assets, which is embodied by the deficit in expenditures or the surplus in revenues during one fiscal year."

He continued: “Therefore, the government final account is one of the most important financial statements, which the government prepares annually, based on the provisions of Article 34 of the effective Financial Management Law No. 6 of 2019 as amended and related to the financial statement, in order to clarify all actual expenses and revenues for the ended fiscal year and the consequences thereof. out of an actual surplus or a real deficit.

He pointed out that "the legislative authority was unable to approve the final account after the year 2012 until the present, that is, a decade has passed, and the state's financial position is still unknown in its details. The end is before the legislative authority, which is the first supervisory authority in the country."

He pointed out that "two main factors contributed to the failure to approve the final accounts on a regular basis for ten years. The first is the difficulty of settling the accumulated government advances, which amounted to a very high number, and may be equivalent in terms of the amount to the expenses of a full fiscal year or more, and the lack of supporting documents at a high rate."

He explained that "the second factor is the presence of more than one fiscal year in which there is no law for the general budget, which requires legislation (a current budget), which is closer to the final account, especially for the years 2014-2020."

He stressed that "the oversight task of the House of Representatives in this regard will be a little arduous in following up on the completion of the country's final accounts for the years 2013-2021, but it will certainly be fruitful."

T: Rifaat Hajji

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

1861.jpg

money and business

Today, Saturday, the financial advisor to the Prime Minister, Mazhar Muhammad Salih, dismissed the proposal for digital regulation of the official labor market, its application mechanisms and benefits, while stressing that it includes the inclusion of pension beneficiaries .

Saleh told the Iraqi News Agency, "One of the common tasks between the ministries of Planning, Labor and Social Affairs is to run the proposal for digital regulation of the official labor market, starting from the highest human energies and down to the least acceptable skills, according to the skills classification tables ."

He added that "the work of the market in providing job opportunities or offering work, is organized through employment offices linked to a central digital system that gives a number to everyone who registers in the labor market and is called (the work number) that the employee carries permanently wherever he works geographically in all governorates of the country ."

He pointed out that "the official labor market is described digitally, as employment takes place through the opportunities offered by the employment offices of the Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs in order to meet the needs of the national market demand for work ."

He explained that "the state undertakes to include those registered in the digital labor market by including them in a national retirement fund, and their contributions are paid for the first five years from the date of their employment or their entry into the labor market, especially those who are young and actually unemployed through the support clause in the general budget ."

He continued: "The opportunities for employment or work are equal and meet the needs of all demand, whether in state facilities or the private sector, without discrimination in wage rights, all of which are regulated according to accurate legal contracts that specify duties, rights and various contractual obligations in this regard ."

He continued: "The private sector also grants the operator to work through employment offices encouraging tax allowances during the first ten years of the start of the official digital labor market whenever his employment rates increase," noting that "the proposal bears real importance in structuring the national economy, especially the organized labor market." It involves the state financially, legally, and economically with the private sector in organizing and supporting the official or organized labor market and its institutional support and development .

He concluded: "The proposal provides, at the same time, an important statistic for workers, their growth and skills by registering them in the centrally fixed digital electronic system, as they are the national wealth that should be given the first priority in organizing economic life and drawing the generational map of Iraq in the path of its prosperity, well-being and progress ." 

152 views
Added 06/25/2022 - 11:03 AM
Update 06/25/2022 - 4:03 PM
  • Thanks 1

Urgent "On low fire." A sudden and important statement by the Prime Minister's advisor on changing the exchange of the dollar

"On low fire." A sudden and important statement by the Prime Minister's advisor on changing the exchange of the dollar

{Economic: Euphrates News} Prime Minister Mazher Mohammed Saleh's financial advisor surprised Iraqis about the possibility of changing and lowering the dollar-to-dinar exchange rate.

"We need to cook on low fire and monitor prices until the end of 2022, oil prices and foreign reserves," Saleh said in a program aired by al-Furat satellite channel.
"There are constant facts on the ground, the exchange rate of the dinar to the dollar follows stability, which is not arbitrary, but a contract between the Central Bank of Iraq and the Ministry of Finance because the foreign currency offer comes from the Ministry of Finance 100 percent and is the only source in the country," he said.
"But the central bank is dealing in dollars to maintain the reserves of cash, prevent inflation and iraq's recent financial history, and iraq's recent financial history is witnessing cooperation in determining the exchange rate of the dollar between the central bank and the Ministry of Finance," Saleh said.
"The agreement with the Finance Ministry to set the exchange rate of the dollar for three years, but its change has become a surprise, and it is part of the shock policy and there are limits to change in the exchange rate of the dollar, not a political or populist issue," he said.
"The first limit according to commodity and market prices and then the central bank will defend the stability of prices under the reserve, which is the highest in its history now and we have an encouraging surplus for the end of the year from 8 to 10%," he said.
"If prices and financial policy do not defend the livelihoods of the poor and social protection salaries, the central bank will intervene by raising the purchasing power of the central bank through its foreign reserves," he said.
"It makes sense that fiscal policy has a package to defend living, relieve the poor and social welfare, compensate farmers for grain spreads, and the government keeps fuel prices and government services steady, and this stability is a kind of support that has risen to 15 percent of GDP," Saleh said.
On the change in the exchange rate of the dollar, the prime minister's adviser said: "Anything is possible, but we need patience to change the exchange rate of the dollar in the event of higher prices and fiscal policy is unable and monetary policy is able to cover the dinar."

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 3

Pretty sure you have studied this one enough and its time to turn the flame higher And bring it to a full boil.

You’ve lowered the exchange rate and you caused inflation and you’ve  said in the past raising the exchange rate would cause inflation. What do I believe? Well what you’ve already tried lowering the exchange rate on the DINAR and it has not helped, there’s only one other option to try.

so I hit the damn easy button. 

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 10

2 hours ago, 6ly410 said:

Urgent "On low fire." A sudden and important statement by the Prime Minister's advisor on changing the exchange of the dollar

{Economic: Euphrates News} Prime Minister Mazher Mohammed Saleh's financial advisor surprised Iraqis about the possibility of changing and lowering the dollar-to-dinar exchange rate.

"We need to cook on low fire and monitor prices until the end of 2022, oil prices and foreign reserves," Saleh said in a program aired by al-Furat satellite channel.
"There are constant facts on the ground, the exchange rate of the dinar to the dollar follows stability, which is not arbitrary, but a contract between the Central Bank of Iraq and the Ministry of Finance because the foreign currency offer comes from the Ministry of Finance 100 percent and is the only source in the country," he said.
"But the central bank is dealing in dollars to maintain the reserves of cash, prevent inflation and iraq's recent financial history, and iraq's recent financial history is witnessing cooperation in determining the exchange rate of the dollar between the central bank and the Ministry of Finance," Saleh said.
"The agreement with the Finance Ministry to set the exchange rate of the dollar for three years, but its change has become a surprise, and it is part of the shock policy and there are limits to change in the exchange rate of the dollar, not a political or populist issue," he said.
"The first limit according to commodity and market prices and then the central bank will defend the stability of prices under the reserve, which is the highest in its history now and we have an encouraging surplus for the end of the year from 8 to 10%," he said.
"If prices and financial policy do not defend the livelihoods of the poor and social protection salaries, the central bank will intervene by raising the purchasing power of the central bank through its foreign reserves," he said.
"It makes sense that fiscal policy has a package to defend living, relieve the poor and social welfare, compensate farmers for grain spreads, and the government keeps fuel prices and government services steady, and this stability is a kind of support system" rel="">support that has risen to 15 percent of GDP," Saleh said.
On the change in the exchange rate of the dollar, the prime minister's adviser said: "Anything is possible, but we need patience to change the exchange rate of the dollar in the event of higher prices and fiscal policy is unable and monetary policy is able to cover the dinar."

The way I read into what Saleh says is they need to wait until the end of year before anything is to happen. They have it set for 3 yrs with the Finance Minister before anything suppose to happen. But there is a surprise in the ecomony & shock in money increase of 8%  to 10% by end of this year. I think they saying are shocked & surprised with values improving now which they figured would take 3 years.  Thats why he is saying a low fire to end of year. Question would be, what are they talking about amount of increase, by only going 1200 dinars would not be much help to the people unless they go to a float. This is how I am reading into this. This is just the way I read into this. JMO

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

This is ridiculous... excuses abound and half baked reasoning. It's always something with these people-wait,wait,wait,wait & more waiting... regardless the situation, whatever the situation the sky will fall.

It's been going on near 20 years now. One Camp will say this or that must happen - Camp 2 proclaims disaster. Each Camp takes the opposite view causing long term paralysis. 

All driven by the greed of power mad corrupted politicians and the nation & it's people continue to suffer.

The Axis powers of WWII when defeated took under 10 years to get their house in order and look at what they had wrought.

Some in my group of IQD investors feel they're incapable of self governing and think at least with a Dictator things get done. 

No easy fix with Iraq, but getting rid of the corrupt could go a long way...but how do U do that when they've tilted the table and rigged the game?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, edbeach said:

If prices and financial policy do not defend the livelihoods of the poor and social protection salaries, the central bank will intervene by raising the purchasing power of the central bank through its foreign reserves," he said

1 hour ago, edbeach said:

"Anything is possible, but we need patience to change the exchange rate of the dollar in the event of higher prices and fiscal policy is unable and monetary policy is able to cover the dinar

says it all

• Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

12 hours ago, 6ly410 said:

Urgent

"Anything is possible, but we need patience to change the exchange rate of the dollar 

Now we learn a new word " URGENT ". What is Iraq definition of " URGENT "? Is " URGENT " equal to or better than " SOON "?

Patience? Well it depends on how long do you want us to wait for the IQD to rv? One week? Or one month? Or one year?

• Upvote 2

• yota691 changed the title to "On low fire." A sudden and important statement by the Prime Minister's advisor on changing the exchange of the dollar

"Anything is possible." Dollar exchange rate change enters political bidding in Iraq

1656511749_200126-810x542.jpg
%D8%A8%D8%BA%D8%AF%D8%A7%D8%AF-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%8A%D9%88%D9%85-150x91.png
News Source /

Baghdad Today - Baghdad

Some Iraqi political forces seeking to form a new government are working to change the exchange rate of the dollar against the Iraqi dinar (the price of one dollar in the market today is about 1,470 Iraqi dinars), although this isd due to the repercussions of Changing its price again and the confusion it will cause to the local market after its stability.

Bids and tickle for street feelings

The Finance Committee of the Iraqi House of Representatives describes that what some are promoting about the possibility of the House of Representatives passing resolutions that restore the exchange rate of the dollar to what it was before, ie 1,200 Iraqi dinars for every US dollar, is nothing but bidding and tickle to the feelings of the street.

Last Thursday, Representative Uday Awad announced that he had collected the signatures of more than 100 deputies to reduce the exchange rate of the US dollar against the Iraqi dinar. Awad stated that based on Article (61-Seventh-C) of the Iraqi constitution and Article (56) of the internal system, please include the issue of reducing the price of the dollar in the earliest possible session, according to constitutional contexts, and because of the economic repercussions taking place in the country and the collapse of the currency and its impact on the Iraqi citizen. .

In turn, the Parliamentary Finance Committee denied what was recently reported about Parliament's efforts to restore the dollar exchange rate to its previous era.

Committee member Jamal Cougar said, in a press statement, that “it is very difficult to restore the dollar exchange rate to its previous state, and this matter is not among the tasks of the House of Representatives, and it is not true according to a number of reasons, including that changing the exchange rate is one of the exclusive powers of the bank. The Iraqi Central Bank and the Ministry of Finance.”

Cougar considered that "the economic situation is not as some are talking about, that is, despite the financial surplus achieved from the rise in oil prices, there is a debt owed by Iraq in favor of external and internal banks of no less than 100 trillion dinars, in addition to some hateful debts as a result of the Gulf War."

He added that "the rise in oil prices is not a constant matter, but rather came due to the crisis of the war between Russia and Ukraine, meaning when the war stops and things return to their normal state, oil prices will drop."

Claims to return the value of the Iraqi dinar to what it was before Corona

Cougar continued, "As a government and parliament, we failed to limit the excessive increase in reducing the operating budget, meaning that most of the state's resources go to operating expenses, therefore no matter how much our financial resources increase, they are not enough to fill the operating budget and allocate a good part to the investment budget, and if we change the exchange rate The dollar, this means adding 23 percent to the state budget as a difference in the exchange rate, and this will create an unnatural state of confusion for the market.”

And he added, “Changing the exchange rate will generate compensatory claims by the owners of some contracted investment projects for the benefit of the state, meaning that the affected investor will demand compensation. Except for bidding and tickling the feelings of the Iraqi street.”

It is noteworthy that on December 19, 2020, the Central Bank of Iraq officially announced the amendment of the foreign exchange rate (the US dollar) to be 145,000 dinars for every $100, according to the state’s general budget for 2021 approved by the House of Representatives.

In this regard, a member of the Parliamentary Finance Committee, Nermin Maarouf, confirmed that “returning the dollar exchange rate to its previous rate is within the powers of the Central Bank and not the powers of either the Federal Government or the House of Representatives.”

She added that "there are attempts by members of the House of Representatives and the Ministry of Finance to return the dollar exchange rate to its old level," noting that "the actions of the two sides complement each other, but the exchange rate against currencies and changing it is exclusively the prerogative of the Central Bank." Maarouf noted that “this step was unsuccessful, and the reduction in the price of the dinar against foreign currencies came as part of the reform program of the Central Bank in coordination with the Iraqi financial policy in order to raise the financial reserves in the Central Bank and prevent the smuggling of hard currency outside the country, and to combat the high rates of poverty and the rise in commodity prices Food as consequences of the Russian-Ukrainian war.

everything is possible

In turn, the financial advisor to the Prime Minister, Mazhar Muhammad Salih, surprised the Iraqis about the possibility of changing and reducing the exchange rate of the dollar against the dinar. He said in a televised statement, "We need to cook on a quiet fire and monitor prices until the end of 2022, oil prices and foreign reserves," stressing that "a change in the exchange rate is possible, but it requires patience and careful study."

He added that "there are fixed facts on the ground, the exchange rate of the dinar against the dollar follows stability, and it is not arbitrary, but rather a contract between the Central Bank of Iraq and the Ministry of Finance because the foreign currency offer comes from the Ministry of Finance 100 percent, which is the only source for it in the country." "But the central bank deals in dollars to maintain the cash reserve and prevent inflation," Saleh added. And modern Iraqi financial history witnesses cooperation in determining the dollar exchange rate between the Central Bank and the Ministry of Finance.

He stressed that "it was agreed with the Ministry of Finance to set the dollar exchange rate for a period of three years, but changing it became a surprise and was part of the shock policy." There are limits to the change in the dollar exchange rate and it is not a political or populist issue.”

"The first limit according to commodity and market prices, then the central bank will defend the stability of prices under the reserve, which is the highest in its history now, and we have an encouraging year-end surplus of 8 to 10 percent," he said.

"If prices and fiscal policy do not defend the livelihoods of the poor and social protection salaries, the central bank will intervene by increasing the central bank's purchasing power through its foreign reserves," he said.

“It makes sense that fiscal policy has a package to defend living, alleviate the poor, take care of social welfare and compensate farmers for grain spreads, and the government keeps fuel prices and government services steady,” he said. This stability is a kind of support that has risen to 15 percent of GDP."

On the change in the exchange rate of the dollar, the prime minister's adviser said, "Anything is possible, but we need patience to change the exchange rate of the dollar in the event of higher prices and fiscal policy is unable to cover the dinar, " noting that "the food security law if it cannot meet the requirements in the event of higher prices, the central bank will intervene to maintain the strength of the dinar against the dollar."

• Thanks 3
  • Pow! 1

I have a suggestion for all these intelligent rock scientists in parliament, how about start using your own currency and then you won’t have to worry about an exchange rate…HELLO…..

• Pow! 4