Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

DeSantis beats Trump in conservative group straw poll for 2024 nomination

DeSantis beats Trump in conservative group straw poll for 2024 nomination

Denver poll indicates Trump is losing grip on Republican party as DeSantis wins 71% of the vote to Trump’s 67%

Florida governor Ron DeSantis waves as he arrives to signs a record $109.9bn state budget on 2 June. The Florida governor, Ron DeSantis, waves as he arrives to signs a record $109.9bn state budget on 2 June. Photograph: Stephen M Dowell/AP

Conservative activists in Colorado have again placed Florida’s governor, Ron DeSantis, a rising star in Republican circles, above former president Donald Trump in their preference for their party’s 2024 presidential nomination.

DeSantis won 71% of the vote to the former president’s 67% in the straw poll, which was taken during the weekend’s Western Conservative Summit in Denver and means little in itself. Participants are allowed to offer multiple responses.

But there is a growing perception that Trump is losing his previously impenetrable grip on the Republican party, having achieved mixed results in endorsements in recent primary elections ahead of November’s midterms.

And a NBC analysis published on Sunday suggests Trump is mulling a third run at the White House which he is considering announcing imminently, in part to deter a growing field of likely other Republican candidates, some of whom might be sensing blood in the water.

They are said to include former vice-president Mike Pence, the Texas senator Ted Cruz, the former secretary of state Mike Pompeo and Nikki Haley, the former South Carolina governor whom Trump chose as US ambassador to the United Nations.

“I’ve laid out my case on why I think he should do it,” Trump adviser Jason Miller told NBC.

“I think that … clarity about what his intentions are [is important] so he can start building that operation while it’s still fresh in people’s minds and they’re still active.”

DeSantis, who has earned the admiration of conservatives for a range of Republican “culture war” legislation in Florida including restricting the rights of the LBGTQ+ communityBlack voters and even Disney, has refused to rule out a run at the presidency, regardless of whether Trump runs again.

The former congressman, favorite to win a second term as governor in November, has played down the speculation but has been fundraising in a number of other states, most recently South Carolina.

“There are other candidates and politicians that people like ideologically here, but none have the excitement that DeSantis does,” Republican activist Wesley Donehue told Politico. “DeSantis has almost transcended politics to become a celebrity.”

Critics, however, have accused him of focusing on “nonexistent issues” at the expense of problems facing his state.

The Colorado poll almost exactly mirrors last year’s result, when DeSantis beat Trump 74%-71%. This year’s distant third place choice, Cruz, drew only 28%.

And DeSantis also won a May straw poll of Wisconsin Republicans with 38% to Trump’s 32%. No other candidate reached double figures in that poll.

DeSantis’s rise to prominence, and his position as a possible rival, has sometimes irked Trump, who takes credit for elevating his one-time protege from an also-ran in the 2018 Florida governor’s race to victor.

In January, the New York Times highlighted disagreements over Covid-19 policy as a source of friction between the two, although Trump’s oldest son Eric later denied the report.

Axios, meanwhile, reported more disharmony, claiming that Trump had privately slammed DeSantis as a “dull personality” with no chance of beating him for the 2024 nomination.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jun/06/desantis-trump-conservative-group-straw-poll-2024-presidential-nomination

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, caddieman said:

Denver poll indicates Trump

It really doesn't matter if the Denver poll is true or false - Desantis already said he was not running against Mr Trump:

Pollster On DeSantis! He Won’t Run If Trump Runs! [WATCH]

Breitbart reported.

The Florida Republican governor argued the insinuation of friction between him and the former president was something of a media creation meant to distract from the struggles of President Joe Biden.

“The corporate media is trying to manufacture something where something doesn’t exist,” he said. “Look, when I ran for governor, he endorsed me when everyone said, don’t do it. And he had my back, and then when he ran for reelection, we had his back in Florida, raised a bunch of money. He had a great margin of victory in Florida. We see eye to eye on all of the big issues.”

“And so, I have zero, zero animosity or anything,” DeSantis added. “And they’re just trying to create divisions. And why are they doing that, Laura? Because they know Biden is failing. He had the worst first year of any president in the United States history since the 1800s. And they know he’s failing on all fronts. So, they’re trying to divert attention away from those failures and trying to create fissures in the Republican Party. That ain’t going to happen.”

https://thetruedefender.com/pollster-on-desantis-he-wont-run-if-trump-runs-watch/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Pow! 1

2 hours ago, T B said:

yea but i like trump for the next ride to straiten out the crap thats been happening all these years,  and then Desantis to finish them off the next few years!  oh yes !  amen!

Trump/Desantis

that should make you happy. 😁

• Pow! 4

On 6/23/2022 at 1:39 PM, caddieman said:

DeSantis beats Trump

Poll Results Show President Trump Is Crushing the GOP 2024 Field and This Was Before Roe v. Wade Was Overturned

The results of a recent poll show President Trump alone at the top of GOP candidates for President in 2024. 

A  June 2022 McLaughlin & Associates Survey shows President Trump way ahead of all other candidates in the race for President in 2024.

(One observation is that with no one even close, GOP leadership is attempting to destroy President Trump and has for the past six years.) 

Trump-poll-June-2022-0.jpg

The super majority of Republicans want President Trump back in office.  Joe Biden is showing how to destroy a great country.  President Trump made it great.

Trump-poll-June-2022-2.jpg

For the rest of the article: 

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/06/poll-results-show-president-trump-crushing-gop-2024-field-roe-v-wade-overturned/

• Pow! 3

On 6/23/2022 at 1:39 PM, caddieman said:

DeSantis beats Trump

FYI - and maybe you saw this all ready:

Republicans Expand Lead On Generic Congressional Ballot To Eight Points

As Democrats continue to push their January 6th show trials, the Republicans are actually making gains with voters.

Apparently, most voters care more about the fact that gas is now over $5 a gallon and the rapidly rising cost of food.

Biden’s constant bumbling can’t help Democrats much, but Mr. Trump can sure help Republicans.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/06/republicans-expand-lead-generic-congressional-ballot-eight-points/

• Like 1

@caddieman

Fist of all, I dont believe poles anymore, President Trump winning last time with “The polls” saying Trump would loose is a big indicator what to believe. Then there is you, the media and the rest of the brainwashed. No thanks, i will stick with my not so common, common sense. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Pow! 4