Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Gaffe: George W. Bush condemns Putin's 'brutal, unjustified invasion of Iraq,' meaning Ukraine

yota691

Gaffe: George W. Bush condemns Putin's 'brutal, unjustified invasion of Iraq,' meaning Ukraine

f13232f1-1dea-4782-95c7-1b9354c75791-XXXScott Gleeson
USA TODAY

George W. Bush says Iraq invasion 'unjustified' speaking on Ukraine | USA TODAY

May 19, 2022

Former president George W. Bush condemned the "brutal, unjustified invasion of Iraq." Except he meant the Russian invasion of Ukraine. 

The gaffe came as Bush was denouncing Vladimir Putin at an event on election integrity at the George W. Bush Presidential Center in Dallas on Wednesday. 

"In contrast, Russian elections are rigged," Bush told a crowd, per The Dallas Morning News. "Political opponents are imprisoned or otherwise eliminated from participating in the political process. The result is the absence of checks and balances in Russia and the decision of one man to launch a wholly unjustified and brutal invasion of Iraq."

Ukraine:Sen. Mitch McConnell, other GOP leaders meet with Volodymyr Zelenskyy

After recognizing his mistake, Bush said, "I mean of Ukraine" before pausing and saying under his breath, "Iraq, too." Bush then added: "Anyways, I'm 75," prompting the audience to chuckle in response. 

Social media detractors quickly pounced, with many referring to the snafu as a "Freudian slip." 

Former U.S. President George W. Bush speaks during the flag raising ceremony prior to The Walker Cup at Seminole Golf Club on May 07, 2021.

Bush also spoke highly of Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelenskyy. "The way countries conduct elections is indicative of how their leaders treat their own people, and how nations behave toward other nations," Bush said. "And nowhere is this on display more clearly than Ukraine."

After and during his presidency, Bush has been criticized for the U.S. invasion of Iraq. Bush announced an invasion of Iraq during his first term as president in 2002, citing the country and Saddam Hussein possessed weapons of mass destruction. The country was also harboring members of al-Qaeda in the aftermath of the Sept. 11, 2001. The war lasted until 2011 and claimed the lives of more than 4,000 U.S. troops.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

George W Bush says Iraq invasion unjustified in speech gaffe: 'I mean Ukraine'
39,419 views May 19, 2022

izilife
3 hours ago
It's not a mistake.. it's his subconsciousness coming up forth for a moment and he actually spoke what he actually feels.. Bushes speaking truth.. only like this :)

• Like 2
  • Pow! 3

45 minutes ago, southbeach said:

LOL.  Jesus will judge them all.  Both the great and the small will stand (not kneel) before Him.

Military tribunal will be their first judgment of crimes against humanity. Nuremberg style.

They all are evil driven by a higher darker power. Just doesn't mix in God's world 

Lot's going on that I hope comes out soon

• Pow! 8

Bush's 'slip' continues to provoke reactions... Prominent Americans are on the line

Baghdad - people  

A slip of the tongue of former US President George W. Bush during a speech on the Russian special operation in Ukraine, drew the ridicule of a number of famous American media figures.  

"George Bush did not fall into a Freudian slip. He made a confession the Freudian way," wrote humorist and television presenter John Volsgang, while Scott Moorfield, a columnist for Town Hall newspaper, commented: "This is Freud's strangest slip. at all times."  

“George Bush is a war criminal,” former Ohio senator Nina Turner wrote simply, while ex-Rep. Justin Amash said, “Brother, if I were George Bush Jr., I would have distanced myself from any statements that one person had a brutal invasion. And absolutely unjustified."  

This 75-year-old American politician faced an embarrassing situation during a speech at the Bush Institute election ceremony.  

The former US president tried to criticize Russian President Vladimir Putin, but he confused Ukraine and Iraq, saying, "One man's decision to launch an unprovoked and brutal invasion of Iraq, I mean Ukraine."  

It is noteworthy that Sigmund Freud, the famous scientist and founder of the school of psychoanalysis, usually associates his name with slips of the tongue, which is called Freud's slip or Freud's slip.  

In his book "The Psychopathology of Everyday Life", Freud defined this phenomenon as "an error in speech or memory that occurs as a result of the overlap of pent-up desires and thoughts in the subconscious in the subconscious mind, and not innocent mistakes, and they come out to consciousness in the form of slips."  

Former US President George W. Bush claimed during his speech at the Bush Institute on Wednesday that it was the electoral system in Russia that led to the escalation in Ukraine, and said: "The Russian elections are fake... The result is the lack of accountability in Russia and the decision of one man to launch an unjust invasion. Justified and brutal for Iraq... I mean Ukraine...".    

Bush continued, confused, amid laughter from the audience, "and Iraq as well," and added in an attempt to overcome the embarrassing situation: "I am 75 years old."      

Commenting on Bush's gaffe, CNN pointed out that a cable previously published by the US Central Intelligence Agency cast more doubt about the main claims the Bush administration used to justify the 2003 invasion of Iraq.      

It has been dropped information that Mohammed Atta, one of the masterminds of the September 11 attacks, met an Iraqi official in the Czech Republic, a few months before the attacks.      

The Bush administration, which has consistently said that Atta met an Iraqi agent named Ahmed al-Ayan in Prague in April 2001, used the report to link Iraq to the September 11 attacks.      

Then-CIA director John Brennan included part of the telegram in a letter to Michigan Senator Carl Levin, retired chairman of the Armed Services Committee, who in turn released the letter Thursday.      

The cable says, "No person from counterterrorism or FBI experts...said that he had evidence, or knew, that Atta was really in Prague, and in fact the analysts are the exact opposite."    

• Pow! 2

39 minutes ago, yota691 said:
Bush's 'slip' continues to provoke reactions... Prominent Americans are on the line

Baghdad - people  

A slip of the tongue of former US President George W. Bush during a speech on the Russian special operation in Ukraine, drew the ridicule of a number of famous American media figures.  

"George Bush did not fall into a Freudian slip. He made a confession the Freudian way," wrote humorist and television presenter John Volsgang, while Scott Moorfield, a columnist for Town Hall newspaper, commented: "This is Freud's strangest slip. at all times."  

“George Bush is a war criminal,” former Ohio senator Nina Turner wrote simply, while ex-Rep. Justin Amash said, “Brother, if I were George Bush Jr., I would have distanced myself from any statements that one person had a brutal invasion. And absolutely unjustified."  

This 75-year-old American politician faced an embarrassing situation during a speech at the Bush Institute election ceremony.  

The former US president tried to criticize Russian President Vladimir Putin, but he confused Ukraine and Iraq, saying, "One man's decision to launch an unprovoked and brutal invasion of Iraq, I mean Ukraine."  

It is noteworthy that Sigmund Freud, the famous scientist and founder of the school of psychoanalysis, usually associates his name with slips of the tongue, which is called Freud's slip or Freud's slip.  

In his book "The Psychopathology of Everyday Life", Freud defined this phenomenon as "an error in speech or memory that occurs as a result of the overlap of pent-up desires and thoughts in the subconscious in the subconscious mind, and not innocent mistakes, and they come out to consciousness in the form of slips."  

Former US President George W. Bush claimed during his speech at the Bush Institute on Wednesday that it was the electoral system in Russia that led to the escalation in Ukraine, and said: "The Russian elections are fake... The result is the lack of accountability in Russia and the decision of one man to launch an unjust invasion. Justified and brutal for Iraq... I mean Ukraine...".    

Bush continued, confused, amid laughter from the audience, "and Iraq as well," and added in an attempt to overcome the embarrassing situation: "I am 75 years old."      

Commenting on Bush's gaffe, CNN pointed out that a cable previously published by the US Central Intelligence Agency cast more doubt about the main claims the Bush administration used to justify the 2003 invasion of Iraq.      

It has been dropped information that Mohammed Atta, one of the masterminds of the September 11 attacks, met an Iraqi official in the Czech Republic, a few months before the attacks.      

The Bush administration, which has consistently said that Atta met an Iraqi agent named Ahmed al-Ayan in Prague in April 2001, used the report to link Iraq to the September 11 attacks.      

Then-CIA director John Brennan included part of the telegram in a letter to Michigan Senator Carl Levin, retired chairman of the Armed Services Committee, who in turn released the letter Thursday.      

The cable says, "No person from counterterrorism or FBI experts...said that he had evidence, or knew, that Atta was really in Prague, and in fact the analysts are the exact opposite."    

• Haha 2
  • Pow! 1

Gotta hand it to George: if you're gonna step in your own :bs: Go Big !

One heck of a Freudian Slip that throws even more gasoline onto an already raging fire.

This country has deserved better leadership but it seems garbage in garbage out has pretty much been the norm.

Always thought a business man should have a shot at being POTUS: y'all can make up your own minds about Trump...compare his administration to today's, see what you come up with.

• Like 1