Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Prime Minister: The political process suffers from a “crisis of confidence”

yota691

Interview: Editor-in-chief

Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi believes that the real blockage in the current crisis in the country results from the failure to develop the political process that was formed on the basis of balances and visions that are not necessarily valid for all time. Al-Kazemi considered the current crisis, in essence, a "crisis of confidence", because the political forces can get out of the current political impasse and make sacrifices or concessions here or there, if there was a common trust that frames the Iraqi political situation.
This came in a lengthy dialogue that touched upon several axes conducted by "Al-Sabah" with Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi. This dialogue is of great importance due to the political situation surrounding Iraq today, after the recent parliamentary elections led to results that were not decisive to create a larger bloc, so the formation of the government was greatly delayed, which cast a shadow on the political movement in general, and called for fears that the resulting political blockage would have repercussions Security and economic distress for citizens' lives.
Al-Kazemi said: The economic structure in Iraq needs a comprehensive reform in order to face the future and prepare for all crises and obstacles, if they are repeated. He defended the white paper, saying: During two years of the government's work, we succeeded in achieving the highest rate of economic growth at the level of the Arab countries, according to the reports of the International Monetary Fund, which expected that the economic growth rate in Iraq would reach 
9.5% during 2022 and 2023.
The Prime Minister continued: This growth was based on reformist beginnings, and we are not saying that they were without errors, but rather it established a scientific reform approach that laid down the white paper for its building blocks.
Regarding the damages of changing the exchange rate, the Prime Minister explained, in the 2021 budget, and in conjunction with the change in the dollar exchange rate, we raised the social welfare allocations in the general budget law to 3 trillion dinars, and this figure was allocated to the groups that we expected to be most affected based on specialized studies, We were not outbidding anyone, but we were dealing with the negative effects of the exchange rate appreciation and improving the living conditions of low-income people. But the brothers in the previous parliament refused to listen to our arguments in this regard and reduced the amount to less than 700 billion dinars only. At the same time, they reduced the investment budget, which aimed to revive the labor market, motivate projects, turn the wheel of the local economy, and activate the role of the private sector.
In response to Al-Sabah's question regarding the security file, Al-Kazemi said: Whoever reviews the conditions in 2020 with credibility and away from the atmosphere of opportunism and review, must admit that there has been a significant development in the security file at all levels, starting with resetting the outcomes of the social crisis that resulted from the popular demonstrations. Between 2019 and 2020, and then restoring the trust that was broken between the people and security institutions, by drying up the sources of terrorism and breaking its thorns, besieging the outlaws and working to apply the law to everyone without exception.
He added, "We do not have the magic wand to change reality in one fell swoop, but we have laid the foundations of normal life, and these foundations were achieved after many steps and several legal accounting." Today, there are officers, associates, and employees who are sentenced to death or life imprisonment after the law has been applied to them, and there are criminals who are being prosecuted for transgressing the law, as is the case with death squads in Basra province, the killers of Hisham al-Hashemi, organized crime gangs and many others, not to mention the lurking terrorism. Regarding the Food Security Law, the Prime Minister said: The preparation of this law and its submission to the House of Representatives was due to the global economic crisis caused by the war between Russia and Ukraine and the rise in oil prices, and consequently the high prices of goods and services globally and the inability to legislate the budget at the present time. Food security"
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Our interview with the Prime Minister, Mustafa Al-Kazemi, acquires great importance due to the political situation surrounding Iraq today, after the recent parliamentary elections led to results that were not decisive to create a larger bloc, so the formation of the government was much delayed, which cast a shadow over the political movement in general, and called for fears of That the resulting political impasse would have security and economic consequences that affect the lives of citizens.
In addition, the regional and international scenes are full of accelerating events, some of which are dangerous, such as the Ukrainian crisis, from which Iraq is not immune from its consequences, and others carry the shape of a breakthrough, such as the Iranian-Saudi talks, which Baghdad was incubated for, and it is a good gesture that would prove to everyone that a different scene prevails. Harmony between the countries of the region is possible, and Iraq - as the initiator and host, and Prime Minister Al-Kadhimi personally - had the most prominent role in holding and making these talks successful, whose fifth round recently ended amid everyone's optimism.
It is Al-Sabah's first dialogue with the Prime Minister, so it was natural that all files were present in it, from the security file to the economic file to Iraq's relations with its brothers and its role as the most appropriate place for rivals to meet and bring their views closer. Of course, the atmosphere of political obstruction and the foresight of the next stage and its entitlements had a tangible share in this dialogue.
We extend our heartfelt thanks to the Prime Minister for his keenness to carve out part of his precious time and communicate with citizens through Al-Sabah. We also thank him for the extensive answers that put points of clarification on the letters of our questions.

editor
 Baghdad: morning 

Al-Sabah: You succeeded in holding the elections. What is your assessment of the circumstances of the political blockage and the complications after the elections?
The Prime Minister: We must first differentiate between the constitutional context and the crisis of the political process. I imagine that the real blockage is in the lack of development of the political process that was formed on the basis of balances and visions that are not necessarily valid for all time, but some of them were created by the circumstances of the country. I have previously talked about that the current crisis is in essence a "crisis of confidence", because the political forces can get out of the current political blockage and make sacrifices or concessions here or there, if there is a common trust that frames the Iraqi political situation.
So, I think the solution is not in political rhetoric, but in trying to restore confidence. And trust, here, does not mean the necessity of participation or the formation of the government or not. Rather, restoring confidence means that everyone in the government or in the opposition considers the constitution, laws, national constants, and state institutions to be the basic foundations on which it rests.
We need a new atmosphere and deep discussions regarding the overall political situation, including agreement on fundamental constitutional amendments in order to begin steps to restore confidence, and then end political blockages, whether today or in the future.

white paper

Al-Sabah: Do you think that the white paper was able to overcome the financial difficulties? Is it possible to pass this paper to complete what you started?
The Prime Minister: We must first take into account that the current government, which was honored to preside over it, came in an exceptional situation, and it had a basic and main task, which was to reach free and fair elections. Major economic reforms. Everyone remembers the exceptional circumstances under which the government came: a suffocating economic crisis, low oil prices, and the outbreak of the “Corona” epidemic, which affected all countries of the world and in all walks of life in an unprecedented way. In fact, from the first month of the government’s life, I was required to provide the necessary funds to pay the salaries of employees, retirees, beneficiaries of social welfare benefits, basic state expenses, measures to combat the “Corona” epidemic, and basic security requirements, which are about 10-12 trillion dinars per month.
Yes, we have overcome this bitter reality by all possible means and by all available methods, but I cannot be a false witness in front of our people, and I am not the type to bet on deceiving people and misleading public opinion. That is why I said and always say that the economic structure in Iraq needs a comprehensive reform in order to face the future and prepare for all crises and obstacles, if they are repeated.
During the two years of the government’s work, we succeeded in achieving the highest economic growth rate in the Arab countries, according to reports by the International Monetary Fund, which expected that the economic growth rate in Iraq would reach 9.5% during 2022 and 2023.
This growth came on the basis of reformist beginnings, and we are not saying that they were without errors, but it was the foundation of a scientific reformist approach that laid down the white paper for its building blocks.
Unfortunately, many of those who criticized the white paper did not bother reading it and did not try to discuss it, and in the end it is not a sacred text, but rather an attempt to save the economy of this country, and this (white paper) is subject to amendment, addition and update according to local and international economic developments. We said that the continued dependence on oil, which finances 95% of the country’s general budget, is a great crime and an unacceptable injustice against this generation in Iraq and future generations. That is why we tried to reduce the budget’s dependence on oil and we succeeded in part, and this reduction must continue so that the oil resources are for the benefit of the Generations Fund and not For non-strategic monthly consumption.

dollar exchange rate

Al-Sabah: In this regard, how did the change in the dollar exchange rate affect the economic reforms? How did you face its repercussions?
The Prime Minister: It must be said that we did not set any electoral or promotional goals in our economic work, and we say that real reform will not be achieved without suffering and damage, and this is the reality. But we are with a real, balanced reform that needs to address the collateral damage caused by important decisions.
Therefore, in the 2021 budget, for example, and in conjunction with the change in the dollar exchange rate, we raised the social welfare allocations in the General Budget Law to 3 trillion dinars, and this number was allocated to the groups that we expected to be most affected based on specialized studies, and we were not bidding on the No one, but we were dealing with the negative effects of the appreciation of the exchange rate and improving the living conditions of the low-income people. But the brothers in the previous parliament refused to listen to our arguments in this regard and reduced the amount to less than 700 billion dinars only. At the same time, they also reduced the investment budget, which aimed to revive the labor market, motivate projects, spin the wheel of the local economy, and activate the role of the private sector.
That is why we say once again, returning to the concept of trust in political action, that the country cannot advance without building trust at all levels, especially in the relationship between the executive and legislative authorities to achieve harmony in reform steps and prevent clashes or jurisprudence that may have consequences. negative.
Everyone knows that changing the exchange rate was neither a qualitative decision nor the decision of this government, but was preceded by studies that lasted for years, and all political forces and the House of Representatives participated before taking it, based on the fact that oil prices may not meet in times of crisis the minimum requirements of our people, and that we We need to work together to correct the Iraqi economy.

loose weapon

Al-Sabah: You started the way to confront the uncontrolled weapons, but there are those who believe that nothing has been achieved in this file?
The Prime Minister: This is an accusation that lacks two attributes: credibility and fairness. Credibility because whoever launches it must first review all the steps taken by the government in the file of loose arms, and invoke the fact that this is not a temporary and immediate decision taken by the authorities, rather it is a thorny and complex file that contains political, social and religious dimensions, and the government must confront it at several levels and with a patient and cumulative vision In the act of security.
Whoever reviews the conditions in 2020 with credibility and away from an atmosphere of opportunism and review, must admit that there has been a significant development in the security file at all levels, starting with resetting the outcomes of the social crisis produced by the popular demonstrations between 2019 and 2020, and then restoring the trust that was broken between the people and the security institutions, by drying up the sources of terrorism, breaking its thorn, besieging the outlaws, and working to apply the law to everyone without exception.
And I say that this accusation is also unfair, because every fair person has to review the activities of murder, terrorism, organized crime and security turmoil in 2019-2020 and compare them with the reality we live in now.
We do not have the magic wand to change reality in one fell swoop, but we laid the foundations of normal life, and these foundations were achieved after many steps and several legal accounting. Today, there are officers, associates, and employees who are sentenced to death or life imprisonment after the law has been applied to them, and there are criminals who are being prosecuted for transgressing the law, as is the case with death squads in Basra province, the killers of Hisham al-Hashemi, organized crime gangs and many others, not to mention the lurking terrorism.
The question is: is all of this enough? Answer: No. Certainly we need more work to get things back in full order and bring everyone under the rule of law. And the other question: Has nothing been achieved in this file? Here I leave the answer not to political jurisprudence or media reviews, but to the Iraqi people, who have become more adherent to the law and more adherent to the state and an understanding of the complex circumstances and the minefield in which this government has walked. Therefore, I do not ask for media or political justice because I am certain and confident that our people are just.
farewell tweet

Al-Sabah: After the elections, you released a tweet that the media considered a farewell tweet, and that you have accomplished what you had to do and will not engage in politics again, and the proof is that you did not compete in the elections. Was it really a farewell tweet?
The Prime Minister: I say frankly that I personally, and I bear the responsibility, opposed and rejected all the requests that wanted me to participate in the elections, some of which were from my work team, political forces and representatives. Everyone believed that the natural context was the participation of the Prime Minister in the elections and the achievement of a difference in the seats in Parliament. But I said at the time, and I repeat that day, that I was tasked with forming a government in light of a severe social, political and economic crisis that threatened all of Iraq, and the goal was to reach a special road map that would lead to fair and transparent elections and lead the country to safety.
The decision I took at the moment of commissioning this government to be the organizer of the elections and not a party to them. And if I had participated in the elections, I would have broken the pledge before the people, and I claim that I am not breaking the pledge. With regard to the first part of the question, his answer is also related to the second part. The tweet you launched translates the basic principles of any democratic system, which is that elections represent the natural way out of political crises, and that government formation mechanisms must be completed as defined by the constitution. I headed a government for a transitional period and did what satisfied my conscience in carrying out my duties at this stage. On the political level, however, it is still early days in this regard.

social activities

Al-Sabah: It was noticed recently that there are extensive activities of the Prime Minister at different levels. Is this an introduction to a new political role?
The Prime Minister: As a matter of fact, my activities are part of my natural duty as Prime Minister, and there is work going on at all levels that has never stopped.
But with regard to social activities and meeting people, in fact, I admit that I do more of them for a personal reason. Sometimes I deal with the personal pressures that I face in government work, whether political or security, by returning to people by inviting them or visiting them in their places. This represents my personal stability. And if I may say, it's more like a cure. Our people and our people are good and patriotic and suffer a lot, but they are also intelligent in every sense of the word, and they are honest, and that is why they know who is honest with them and who is not.

2022 budget
Al-Sabah: As a caretaker government, you face obstacles related to preparing the 2022 budget. Parliament gave you the authority to prepare it, but there are those who say that you will transfer it to the next government?
The Prime Minister: This topic has been under discussion during the past period, and we believe that it would be better if there was a government with full powers to present a draft budget law for the year 2022 with the terms and specifications required by the economic reform project and the political and economic transformations and challenges taking place in Iraq and the world. As for its transfer to the next government, the matter depends on the speed of formation of that government, and there are immediate legal solutions that can overcome the damages that occur due to the absence of the budget.

Food Security Law

Morning: The above order applies to the Food Security Act. You supported this law as it covers the absence of the 2022 budget, how accurate is that?
The Prime Minister: The truth is that preparing this law and submitting it to the House of Representatives was due to the global economic crisis caused by the war between Russia and Ukraine and the rise in oil prices, and consequently the high prices of goods and services globally and the inability to legislate the budget at the present time. Therefore, the “food security” law will enable The government is able to overcome the obstacles of the current crisis and provide cover to support the poor classes, support the ration card, and finance many strategic projects that are threatened with suspension due to lack of funding.
The password

Al-Sabah: What is the password with which you were able to restore Iraq to its distinguished position at the Arab, regional and global levels? And how did you achieve this difficult equation by establishing good relations with all the countries important to Iraq without exception?
The Prime Minister: If I may use the term “password”, then that word is the word I use internally, and it is trust and credibility as well. Some understood politics as an opportunistic project, and this is a completely wrong concept. I believe that politics has many ethical aspects, and the most important of these aspects is building on commonalities and building trust.
A country cannot develop naturally apart from its neighbors, and all countries of the world must have good and sound relations with everyone. God has blessed Iraq with an important geostrategic location in the region and the world, and this location requires us to be a point of convergence and not a point of intersection. But unfortunately, we were a point of intersection for many decades before 2003, and we reached dangerous borders by threatening Iraq to be an arena for direct war between different countries, so we tried to perpetuate the concept of convergence.
By the way, we did nothing other than what the Iraqi constitution mentioned, which stipulated that Iraq maintain balanced relations with other countries and stay away from the policy of international axes, and not be a source of threat to its neighbors and the world, and to establish external relations on the basis of interest and mutual respect, and in addition to all that we tried to build those relations In a state-with-state manner and in an institutional rather than individualistic manner, and, thank God, we were able to achieve distinguished relations with all countries that seriously felt the visions and projects proposed by Iraq based on partnership in interests, and refusing to turn Iraq into an arena of conflicts. Rather, we tried to create a positive and healthy atmosphere with everyone that would lead Ultimately, it creates investment opportunities and economic integration. 
And work is still going on in the file of foreign relations, and it needs more effort to complete what we started.

Mediation between Iran and Saudi Arabia

Al-Sabah: You have made great efforts to achieve rapprochement between the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Islamic Republic of Iran. What is the extent of development regarding this mediation, and are there upcoming rounds?
The Prime Minister: Yes, Iraq has a direct interest in achieving understandings between the countries of the region and achieving regional stability.
 And because we have good relations with both parties and with various regional and international parties, we were able to create a positive dialogue atmosphere on Iraqi soil, many of which were not announced.
The brothers in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Islamic Republic are dealing with the issue of dialogue with a high responsibility and the requirements of the current situation in the region, and we are confident that the understanding is soon, God willing, and there is a real and wide breakthrough in the relations between all the countries of the region, backed by a firm conviction and sound intentions that the future of the region depends on the beginning Looking at it as a system of converging and not intersecting interests, and that this system cannot devote itself to economic construction and catch up with global development without solving its problems and zeroing its crises.
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

The Prime Minister of Iraq: The understanding between Saudi Arabia and Iran is imminent

Arab world news

AP Susan Walsh

The Prime Minister of Iraq: The understanding between Saudi Arabia and Iran is imminent

The Iraqi Prime Minister, Mustafa Al-Kazemi, praised the atmosphere prevailing in the ongoing talks mediated by his country between Saudi Arabia and Iran, expressing his hope that "the understanding is soon."

In an interview with the Iraqi newspaper “Al-Sabah”, which was published today, Saturday, Al-Kazemi responded positively to a question about whether there are future rounds of dialogue between Tehran and Riyadh, adding: “We were able to create a positive dialogue atmosphere on Iraqi soil, many of which have not been announced.” ".

Al-Kazemi said that Iraq has a direct interest in reaching understandings between the countries of the region and achieving regional stability, stressing that Saudi Arabia and Iran "deal with the dialogue file with high responsibility and in accordance with the requirements of the current situation in the region."

He continued, "We are confident that the understanding is soon, God willing, and that there is a real and wide breakthrough in the relations between all the countries of the region, backed by a firm conviction and sound intentions that the future of the region depends on starting to view it as a system of converging and not intersecting interests, and that this system cannot devote itself to building." economic development and catch up with global development without solving its problems and solving its crises.”

Source: "Morning"

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Al-Kazemi: Changing the exchange rate was not a qualitative decision for this government, but was preceded by studies that spanned for years

Baghdad - people   

The Iraqi Prime Minister, Mustafa Al-Kazemi, justified his government's decision to amend the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar against the dollar.  

Al-Kazemi said in a press interview conducted by the official newspaper and followed by “Nas” (April 30, 2022), that “changing the exchange rate was not a qualitative decision nor the decision of this government, but was preceded by studies that lasted for years, and all political forces and the parliament were involved before making it, based on On the fact that oil prices may not meet the minimum requirements of our people in times of crisis.  

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Al-Kazemi identifies the “appropriate way” to resolve the “political blockage”

Baghdad - people   

Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi identified the "most appropriate way" to resolve the "political blockage" in Iraq during the current stage.  

Al-Kazemi said in an interview with the official newspaper, followed by "Nass" (April 30, 2022), that "the solution to the political blockage is not in political speeches, but in an attempt to restore confidence."  

Al-Kazemi added, "We need a new atmosphere and deep discussions regarding the overall political situation, including agreement on fundamental constitutional amendments."  

• Upvote 3

Al-Kazemi: My government succeeded in achieving the highest economic growth rate in the Arab countries

Baghdad - people   

Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi confirmed that his government managed, in just two years, to achieve the highest Arab economic growth rate.  

Al-Kazemi said in an interview with the official newspaper, followed by "Nas" (April 30, 2022), "We succeeded during two years of the government's work in achieving the highest economic growth rate in the Arab countries."  

He added that this comes "according to International Monetary Fund reports, which expected that the economic growth rate in Iraq would reach 9.5% during 2022 and 2023."  

• Upvote 3

"Nas" publishes the full text of the press interview that was conducted with Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi

Baghdad - people  

"Nas News" publishes the full text of the press interview conducted by the official "Al-Sabah" newspaper with the Prime Minister and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Mustafa Al-Kazemi.  

You have succeeded in holding the elections. What is your assessment of the circumstances of the political impasse and the complications after the elections?  

We must first differentiate between the constitutional context and the crisis of the political process. I imagine that the real blockage is the failure to develop the political process that was formed on the basis of balances and visions that are not necessarily valid for all time, but some of them were created by the country's circumstances. I have previously talked about that the current crisis is in essence a "crisis of confidence", because the political forces can get out of the current political impasse and make sacrifices or concessions here or there, if there is a mutual trust that frames the Iraqi political situation.  

So, I think that the solution is not in political rhetoric, but in trying to restore confidence. And trust, here, does not mean the necessity of participation or the formation of the government or not. Rather, restoring confidence means that everyone in the government or in the opposition considers the constitution, laws, national constants, and state institutions to be the basic foundations on which it rests.  

We need a new atmosphere and deep discussions regarding the overall political situation, including agreement on fundamental constitutional amendments, in order to begin steps to restore confidence, and then end political blockages, whether today or in the future.  

Do you think that the white paper was able to overcome the financial difficulties? Is it possible to pass this paper to complete what you started?  

We must first take into account that the current government, which was honored with its presidency, came in an exceptional situation, and it had a basic and main task in front of it, which was to reach free and fair elections. . Everyone remembers the exceptional circumstances under which the government came: a stifling economic crisis, low oil prices, and the outbreak of the “Corona” epidemic, which affected all countries of the year and all aspects of life in an unprecedented way. In fact, from the first month of the government’s life, I was required to provide the necessary funds to pay the salaries of employees, retirees, beneficiaries of social welfare benefits, basic state expenditures, measures to combat the “Corona” epidemic and basic security requirements, which are about 10-12 trillion dinars per month. On the other hand, the state's resources at the time, especially in the oil sector, did not exceed a trillion dinars only due to the collapse of oil prices.  

Yes, we have overcome this bitter reality by all possible means and by all available methods, but I cannot be a false witness in front of our people, and I am not the type to bet on deceiving people and misleading public opinion. That is why I said and always say that the economic structure in Iraq needs a comprehensive reform in order to face the future and prepare for all crises and obstacles, if they are repeated.  

During the two years of the government’s work, we succeeded in achieving the highest economic growth rate in the Arab countries, according to reports from the International Monetary Fund, which expected that the economic growth rate in Iraq would reach 9.5% during 2022 and 2023.  

This growth came on the basis of reformist beginnings, and we are not saying that they were without errors, but it was the foundation of a scientific reformist approach that laid down the white paper for its building blocks.  

Unfortunately, many of those who criticized the white paper did not bother reading it and did not try to discuss it, and in the end it is not a sacred text, but rather an attempt to save the economy of this country, and this (white paper) is subject to amendment, addition and update according to local and international economic developments. We said that the continued dependence on oil, which finances 95% of the country's general budget, is a great crime and an unacceptable injustice against this generation in Iraq and future generations. That is why we tried to reduce the budget's dependence on oil and succeeded in part, and this reduction must continue so that the oil resources are for the benefit of the Generations Fund and not For non-strategic monthly consumption.  

In this regard, how did the change in the dollar exchange rate affect economic reforms? How did you face its repercussions?  

It must be said that we did not set any electoral or promotional goals in our economic work, and we say that real reform will not be achieved without suffering and damage, and this is the reality. But we are with a real, balanced reform that needs to address the collateral damage caused by important decisions.  

So in the 2021 budget, for example, and in conjunction with the change in the dollar exchange rate, we raised the social welfare allocations in the general budget law to 3 trillion dinars, and this number was allocated to the groups that we expected to be the most affected based on specialized studies, and we were not bidding on No one, but we were dealing with the negative effects of the appreciation of the exchange rate and improving the living conditions of the low-income people. But the brothers in the previous parliament refused to listen to our arguments in this regard and reduced the amount to less than 700 billion dinars only. At the same time, they reduced the investment budget, which aimed to revive the labor market, motivate projects, spin the wheel of the local economy, and activate the role of the private sector.  

That is why we say again, returning to the concept of trust in political action, that the country cannot progress without building trust at all levels, especially in the relationship between the executive and legislative authorities to achieve harmony in the reform steps and prevent clashes or jurisprudence that may have negative consequences. .  

Everyone knows that changing the exchange rate was neither a qualitative decision nor the decision of this government, but was preceded by studies that lasted for years, and all political forces and the House of Representatives were involved before taking it, based on the fact that oil prices may not meet the minimum requirements of our people in times of crisis, and that we We need to work together to correct the Iraqi economy.  

You started the journey in confronting the uncontrolled weapons, but there are those who believe that nothing has been achieved in this file?  

This accusation lacks two qualities, credibility and fairness. Credibility because whoever releases it must first review all the steps taken by the government in the file of loose arms, and bring to mind the fact that this is not a temporary and immediate decision taken by the authorities, but rather a thorny and complex file that contains political, social and religious dimensions, and the government must confront it on several levels and with a patient and cumulative vision In the act of security.  

Whoever reviews the conditions in 2020 with credibility and away from the atmosphere of opportunism and parade, must admit that there has been a significant development in the security file at all levels, starting with resetting the outcomes of the social crisis produced by the popular demonstrations between 2019 and 2020, and then restoring the trust that was broken. Between the people and the security institutions, by drying up the sources of terrorism, breaking its thorn, besieging the outlaws, and working to apply the law to everyone without exception.  

And I say that this accusation is also unfair, because every fair person has to review the activities of murder, terrorism, organized crime and the security turmoil in 2019-2020 and compare them with the reality we live in now.  

We do not have the magic wand to change reality in one fell swoop, but we laid the foundations of normal life, and these foundations were achieved after many steps and many legal accounting. Today, there are officers, affiliates, and employees who are sentenced to death or life after the law has been applied to them, and there are criminals who are being tried for transgressing the law, as is the case with death squads in Basra Governorate, the killers of Hisham al-Hashemi, organized crime gangs and many others, not to mention the lurking terrorism.  

The question is: is all this enough? Answer: No. Certainly we need more work to get things back in full order and bring everyone under the rule of law. And the other question: Has nothing been achieved in this file? Here I leave the answer not to political jurisprudence or media reviews, but to the Iraqi people, who have become more adherent to the law and more adherent to the state and an understanding of the complex circumstances and the minefield in which this government has gone. Therefore, I do not ask for media or political justice because I am certain and confident that our people are equitable.  

After the elections, you released a tweet that the media considered a farewell tweet, and that you had accomplished what you had to do and would not engage in politics again, and the proof is that you did not compete in the elections. Was it really a farewell tweet?  

I say frankly that I personally, and bear the responsibility, opposed and rejected all the requests that wanted me to participate in the elections, some of which were from my own work team, political forces and representatives. Everyone believed that the natural context is the participation of the Prime Minister in the elections and the achievement of a difference in the seats in Parliament. But I said at the time, and I repeat that day, that I was tasked with forming a government in light of a severe social, political and economic crisis that threatened all of Iraq, and the goal was to reach a special road map that would lead to fair and transparent elections and lead the country to safety.  

The decision I took at the moment of commissioning this government to be the organizer of the elections and not a party to them. And if I had participated in the elections, I would have broken the pledge before the people, and I claim that I am not breaking the pledge.  

With regard to the first part of the question, his answer is also related to the second part. The tweet that she launched translates the basic principles of any democratic system, which is that elections represent the natural way out of political crises, and that government formation mechanisms must be completed as defined by the constitution.  

I headed a government for a transitional period and did what satisfied my conscience in performing my duties at this stage. On the political level, however, it is still early to talk in this regard.  

It has been noticed recently that there are extensive activities of the Prime Minister at different levels. Is this a prelude to a new political role?  

In fact, the activities that I do are part of my natural duty as Prime Minister, and there is continuous work at all levels that has never stopped.  

But with regard to social activities and meeting people, in fact, I admit that I do more of them for a personal reason. Sometimes I deal with the personal pressures that I face in government work, whether political or security, by returning to people by inviting them or visiting them in their places. This represents my personal stability. And if I may say it's more like a cure. Our people and our people are good and patriotic and suffer a lot, but they are also intelligent in every sense of the word, and they are honest, and that is why they know who is honest with them and who is not honest.  

As a caretaker government, you face obstacles related to the preparation of the 2022 budget. Parliament gave you the authority to prepare it, but there are those who say that you will transfer it to the next government .  

This topic has been under discussion during the last period, and we believe that it would be better if there was a government with full powers to present a draft budget law for the year 2022 with the terms and specifications required by the economic reform project and the political and economic transformations and challenges taking place in Iraq and the world. As for its transfer to the next government, the matter depends on the speed of forming that government, and there are immediate legal solutions that can be overcome by overcoming the damages that occur due to the absence of the budget.  

The above applies to the Food Security Act. You supported this law as it covers the absence of the 2022 budget, how accurate is that?  

The truth is that preparing this law and submitting it to the House of Representatives was due to the global economic crisis caused by the war between Russia and Ukraine and the rise in oil prices, and consequently the high prices of goods and services globally and the inability to legislate the budget at the present time. Obstacles of the current crisis and providing cover to support the poor classes, support the ration card, and finance many strategic projects that are threatened with suspension due to lack of funding.  

What is the password with which you were able to restore Iraq to its distinguished position at the Arab, regional and global levels, and how did you achieve this difficult equation by establishing good relations with all the countries important to Iraq without exception?  

If I may use the term “password”, then this word is the word I use internally, trust and credibility as well. Some people understood politics as an opportunistic project, and this is a completely wrong concept. I believe that politics has many ethical aspects, and the most important of these aspects is building on commonalities and building trust.  

A country cannot develop naturally apart from its neighbors, and all countries of the world must have good and sound relations with everyone. God has blessed Iraq with an important geostrategic location in the region and the world, and this location requires us to be a meeting point and not a point of intersection. But unfortunately, we were a point of intersection for many decades before 2003, and we reached dangerous borders by threatening Iraq to be an arena for direct war between different countries, so we tried to perpetuate the concept of convergence.  

By the way, we did nothing other than what the Iraqi constitution stated, which stipulated that Iraq maintain balanced relations with other countries and stay away from the policy of international axes, and not be a source of threat to its neighbors and the world, and to establish external relations on the basis of interest and mutual respect, and in addition to all that we tried to build those Relationships in a state-to-state manner and in an institutional rather than individualistic manner, thank God we were able to achieve distinguished relations with all countries that seriously sensed the visions and projects proposed by Iraq based on partnership in interests, and refused to turn Iraq into an arena of conflicts. Rather, we tried to create a positive and healthy atmosphere with everyone Ultimately, it creates investment opportunities and economic integration. And work is still going on in the file of foreign relations, and it needs more effort to complete what we started.  

You have made great efforts to achieve rapprochement between the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Islamic Republic of Iran. What is the extent of development regarding this mediation and are there upcoming rounds?  

Yes, Iraq has a direct interest in achieving understandings between the countries of the region and achieving regional stability. And because we have good relations with the two parties and with various regional and international parties, we were able to create a positive dialogue atmosphere on Iraqi soil, many of which have not been announced.  

The brothers in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Islamic Republic deal with the file of dialogue with a high responsibility and the requirements of the current situation in the region, and we are confident that the understanding is soon, God willing, and there is a real and wide breakthrough in the relations between all the countries of the region, supported by a firm conviction and sound intentions that the future of the region depends on the beginning Considering it as a system of converging and not intersecting interests, and that this system cannot devote itself to economic construction and catch up with global development without solving its problems and solving its crises.  

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Al-Kazemi: The solution to the political blockage is to restore confidence, and we do not have the magic wand to change reality in one fell swoop

{Political: Al Furat News} Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi said, "The solution to the political blockage is not in political speeches, but in an attempt to restore confidence."

Al-Kazemi said in a press interview: "We have not set any promotional goals in our economic work, and reform will not be achieved without suffering."

And he indicated that "changing the exchange rate was not a qualitative decision for this government, but was preceded by studies that spanned for years."

"We do not have the magic wand to change reality in one fell swoop, but we have laid the foundations for a normal life," he stressed.

Al-Kazemi noted that he "rejected requests to participate in the elections."

He explained, "During two years of the government's work, we succeeded in achieving the highest rate of economic growth at the level of the Arab countries, and I did what satisfied my conscience in performing my duties. As for the political level, it is still early to talk."

Al-Kazemi stressed that "the Food Security Law will enable the government to provide cover to support the poor classes and the ration card," noting that "there are immediate legal solutions through which the damages that occur due to the absence of the budget can be overcome."

He pointed to "the success during two years of the government's work in achieving the highest economic growth rate in the Arab countries, according to the reports of the International Monetary Fund."

• Upvote 2

• Time: 4/29/2022 23:38:32
  •  
  • Reading: 1,768 times
Al-Kazemi: The understanding between Iran and Saudi Arabia is imminent

{Political: Al-Furat News} Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi announced that the understanding between Iran and Saudi Arabia "is imminent."

Al-Kazemi said in a press interview: "The brothers in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Islamic Republic deal with the file of the dialogue with a high responsibility, and we are confident that the understanding is soon, God willing."

Today, the Iranian ambassador in Baghdad, Iraj Masjedi, revealed new details about the latest round of talks between Tehran and Riyadh, which was held in Baghdad, announcing the two sides' agreement on a roadmap for future negotiations.

Masjedi told the official IRNA news agency, "In the fifth round of Iranian-Saudi talks that were held last Thursday between the delegations of the two sides, a roadmap for the future was discussed and agreed upon," explaining that "the two sides had proposals that were agreed upon after Thursday's meeting and it became a road map for the future." ".

In response to a question about whether the embassies of the two countries will be reopened, Masjedi said: The future negotiations will determine whether the issue of reopening the two embassies will be achieved or not, and this will depend on the upcoming negotiations. A framework agreement for the future has been reached, and this is a positive criterion illuminating the future course for both sides.

Masjedi referred to the general agreement between Iran and Saudi Arabia, and said that one of these agreements is related to "the second confidence-building process, which is bilateral measures and cooperation, such as the issues of Hajj and the issue of embassies of both sides, and the third issue is regional and international issues."

• Upvote 1

Al-Kazemi: The uncontrolled weapon is a thorny and complex file that contains political, social and religious dimensions

{Political: Al Furat News} The Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi said that "uncontrolled weapons is a thorny and complex file that contains political, social and religious dimensions."

Al-Kazemi stated in a press interview in response to his government’s failure to achieve an achievement in the file of combating uncontrolled weapons: “An accusation that lacks two attributes, which are credibility and fairness. Credibility because whoever launches it must first review all the steps taken by the government in the file of loose arms, and invoke the fact that this is not a temporary and immediate decision taken by the authorities, rather it is a thorny and complex file that contains political, social and religious dimensions, and the government must confront it at several levels and with a patient and cumulative vision in security action.

He added, "Whoever reviews the circumstances in 2020 with credibility and away from the atmosphere of opportunism and showmanship, must admit that there has been a significant development in the security file at all levels, starting with resetting the outcomes of the social crisis produced by the popular demonstrations between 2019 and 2020, and then restoring the confidence that It was broken between the people and the security institutions, by drying up the sources of terrorism, breaking its thorn, besieging the outlaws and working to apply the law to everyone without exception.

Al-Kazemi continued, "I say that this accusation also lacks fairness, because everyone who is just has to review the activities of murder, terrorism, organized crime and security turmoil in 2019-2020 and compare them with the reality we live in now."

He stressed, "We do not have the magic wand to change reality in one fell swoop, but we laid the foundations of a normal life, and these foundations were achieved after many steps and several legal accounting. Today, there are officers, affiliates, and employees sentenced to death or life after the law has been applied to them, and there are criminals who are being tried for transgressing the law. As is the case with the death squads in Basra province, the killers of Hisham al-Hashemi, organized crime gangs, and many others, not to mention the lurking terrorism.”

And I go on, "The question here: Is all this enough? The answer: No. Of course, we need more work to restore things completely and bring everyone under the rule of law. And the other question: Wasn't something achieved in this file? Here I leave the answer not to political jurisprudence or media reviews, Rather, to the Iraqi people, who have become more adherent to the law and more adherent to the state and have an understanding of the complex circumstances and the minefield in which this government has gone. Therefore, I do not ask for media or political justice because I am certain and confident that our people are just.”

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I’m seriously thinking that the lead State Saudi Arabia (Gulf C Council) is waiting for agreements with Iran before allowing a unified gulf currency rate increase.  Iraq may not revalue until Iran can, and we know that Iran wants to do that asap which would be good for all.  Regardless if the Saudis include Iran into the Gulf Cooperation Council, they will still do the above deal is what I’m feeling in my spirit.

• Upvote 2

website.jpg.19708469b0985d3b4509badeca2181f8.jpg

04/30/2022

Al-Kazemi: My government has achieved the highest growth rate at the Arab level... and the blockage has been resolved by restoring confidence

https://almasalah-com.translate.goog/ar/news/225820/الكاظمي-حكومتي-حققت-أعلى-معدل-نمو-على-المستوى-العربي--وحل-الانسداد-في-استعادة-الثقة?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en

Baghdad/The Obelisk 

Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi said in an interview published by the Iraqi Al-Sabah newspaper, Friday, that changing the exchange rate was not a qualitative decision for this government, but was preceded by studies that spanned for years. Al-Kazemi said that his government succeeded in achieving the highest economic growth rate at the level of Arab countries. Al-Kazemi considered that the solution to the political blockage lies in restoring confidence.

The text of Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi’s answers:

We must first differentiate between the constitutional context and the crisis of the political process.

I imagine that the real blockage is in the lack of development of the political process that was formed on the basis of balances and visions that are not necessarily valid for all time, but some of them were created by the circumstances of the country.
I have previously talked about that the current crisis is in essence a "crisis of confidence", because the political forces can get out of the current political blockage and make sacrifices or concessions here or there, if there is a common trust that frames the Iraqi political situation.

So, I think the solution is not in political rhetoric, but in trying to restore confidence.
And trust, here, does not mean the necessity of participation or the formation of the government or not. Rather, restoring confidence means that everyone in the government or in the opposition considers the constitution, laws, national constants, and state institutions to be the basic foundations on which it rests.

We need a new atmosphere and deep discussions regarding the overall political situation, including agreement on fundamental constitutional amendments in order to begin steps to restore confidence, and then end political blockages, whether today or in the future.

- We must first take into account that the current government, which was honored to preside over it, came in an exceptional situation, and it had a fundamental and main task, which was to reach free and fair elections. big.

Everyone remembers the exceptional circumstances under which the government came: a stifling economic crisis, low oil prices, and the outbreak of the “Corona” epidemic that affected all countries of the world and in all walks of life in an unprecedented way.

In fact, from the first month of the government’s life, I was required to provide the necessary funds to pay the salaries of employees, retirees, beneficiaries of social welfare benefits, basic state expenses, measures to combat the “Corona” epidemic, and basic security requirements, which are about 10-12 trillion dinars per month.

On the other hand, the state's resources at that time, especially in the oil sector, did not exceed one trillion dinars only due to the collapse of oil prices.

Yes, we have overcome this bitter reality by all possible means and by all available methods, but I cannot be a false witness in front of our people, and I am not the type to bet on deceiving people and misleading public opinion.

That is why I said and always say that the economic structure in Iraq needs a comprehensive reform in order to face the future and prepare for all crises and obstacles, if they are repeated.

During the two years of the government’s work, we succeeded in achieving the highest economic growth rate in the Arab countries, according to reports by the International Monetary Fund, which expected that the economic growth rate in Iraq would reach 9.5% during 2022 and 2023.

Unfortunately, many of those who criticized the White Paper did not bother reading it and did not try to discuss it. In the end, it is not a sacred text, but rather an attempt to save the economy of this country, and this (white paper) is subject to amendment, addition and update according to local and international economic developments.

We said that the continued dependence on oil, which finances 95% of the country’s general budget, is a great crime and an unacceptable injustice against this generation in Iraq and future generations. That is why we tried to reduce the budget’s dependence on oil and we succeeded in part, and this reduction must continue so that the oil resources are for the benefit of the Generations Fund and not For non-strategic monthly consumption.

- It must be said that we did not set any electoral or promotional goals in our economic work, and we say that real reform will not be achieved without suffering and damage, and this is the reality.

But we are with a real, balanced reform that needs to address the collateral damage caused by important decisions.

Therefore, in the 2021 budget, for example, and in conjunction with the change in the dollar exchange rate, we raised the social welfare allocations in the General Budget Law to 3 trillion dinars, and this number was allocated to the groups that we expected to be most affected based on specialized studies, and we were not bidding on the No one, but we were dealing with the negative effects of the appreciation of the exchange rate and improving the living conditions of the low-income people.

But the brothers in the previous parliament refused to listen to our arguments in this regard and reduced the amount to less than 700 billion dinars only.

At the same time, they also reduced the investment budget, which aimed to revive the labor market, motivate projects, spin the wheel of the local economy, and activate the role of the private sector.

That is why we say once again, returning to the concept of trust in political action, that the country cannot advance without building trust at all levels, especially in the relationship between the executive and legislative authorities to achieve harmony in reform steps and prevent clashes or jurisprudence that may have consequences. negative.

Everyone knows that changing the exchange rate was neither a qualitative decision nor the decision of this government, but was preceded by studies that lasted for years, and all political forces and the House of Representatives participated before taking it, based on the fact that oil prices may not meet in times of crisis the minimum requirements of our people, and that we We need to work together to correct the Iraqi economy.

Review all the steps taken by the government regarding the issue of uncontrolled weapons, and to recall the fact that this is not a temporary and immediate decision taken by the authorities, rather it is a thorny and complex file that contains political, social and religious dimensions, and the government must confront it at several levels and with a patient and cumulative vision in the security action.

Whoever reviews the conditions in 2020 with credibility and away from an atmosphere of opportunism and review, must admit that there has been a significant development in the security file at all levels, starting with resetting the outcomes of the social crisis produced by the popular demonstrations between 2019 and 2020, and then restoring the trust that was broken Between the people and the security institutions, by drying up the sources of terrorism, breaking its thorn, besieging the outlaws, and working to apply the law to everyone without exception.

And I say that this accusation is also unfair, because every fair person has to review the activities of murder, terrorism, organized crime and security turmoil in 2019-2020 and compare them with the reality we live in now.

We do not have the magic wand to change reality in one fell swoop, but we laid the foundations of normal life, and these foundations were achieved after many steps and several legal accounting.

Today, there are officers, associates, and employees who are sentenced to death or life imprisonment after the law has been applied to them, and there are criminals who are being prosecuted for transgressing the law, as is the case with death squads in Basra province, the killers of Hisham al-Hashemi, organized crime gangs and many others, not to mention the lurking terrorism.

The question is: is all of this enough? Answer: No.

Certainly we need more work to get things back in full order and bring everyone under the rule of law.

And the other question: Has nothing been achieved in this file? Here I leave the answer not to political jurisprudence or media reviews, but to the Iraqi people, who have become more adherent to the law and more adherent to the state and an understanding of the complex circumstances and the minefield in which this government has walked, and therefore, I do not ask for media or political justice because I am certain and confident that our people are just.

I say frankly that I personally, and bear the responsibility, opposed and rejected all the requests that wanted me to participate in the elections, some of which were from my own work team, political forces and representatives.

Everyone believed that the natural context was the participation of the Prime Minister in the elections and the achievement of a difference in the seats in Parliament.

But I said at the time, and I repeat that day, that I was tasked with forming a government in light of a severe social, political and economic crisis that threatened all of Iraq, and the goal was to reach a special road map that would lead to fair and transparent elections and lead the country to safety.

The decision I took at the moment of commissioning this government to be the organizer of the elections and not a party to them.

And if I had participated in the elections, I would have broken the pledge before the people, and I claim that I am not breaking the pledge.

- The tweet you launched translates the basic principles of any democratic system, which is that elections represent the natural way out of political crises, and that government formation mechanisms must be completed as defined by the constitution.

I headed a government for a transitional period and did what satisfied my conscience in carrying out my duties at this stage. On the political level, however, it is still early days in this regard.

- The activities that I do are part of my natural duty as Prime Minister, and there is continuous work at all levels that has never stopped.

But with regard to social activities and meeting people, in fact, I admit that I do more of them for a personal reason. Sometimes I deal with the personal pressures that I face in government work, whether political or security, by returning to people by inviting them or visiting them in their places.

This represents my personal stability.

And if I may say, it's more like a cure.

Our people and our people are good and patriotic and suffer a lot, but they are also intelligent in every sense of the word, and they are honest, and that is why they know who is honest with them and who is not.

We believe that it would be better if there was a government with full powers to present a draft budget law for 2022 with the terms and specifications required by the economic reform project and the political and economic transformations and challenges taking place in Iraq and the world.

As for its transfer to the next government, the matter depends on the speed of formation of that government, and there are immediate legal solutions that can overcome the damages that occur due to the absence of the budget.

- Preparation of the Food Security Law. Presenting it to the House of Representatives was due to the global economic crisis caused by the war between Russia and Ukraine and the rise in oil prices, and consequently the high prices of goods and services globally and the inability to legislate the budget at the present time. Therefore, the “Food Security” law will enable the government to overcome the obstacles of the current crisis and provide cover To support the poor classes, support the ration card, and finance many strategic projects that are threatened with suspension due to lack of funding.

If I may use the term “password”, then this word is the word I use internally, and it is trust and credibility as well.

Some understood politics as an opportunistic project, and this is a completely wrong concept.

I believe that politics has many ethical aspects, and the most important of these aspects is building on commonalities and building trust.

A country cannot develop naturally apart from its neighbors, and all countries of the world must have good and sound relations with everyone.

God has blessed Iraq with an important geostrategic location in the region and the world, and this location requires us to be a point of convergence and not a point of intersection.

But unfortunately, we were a point of intersection for many decades before 2003, and we reached dangerous borders by threatening Iraq to be an arena for direct war between different countries, so we tried to perpetuate the concept of convergence.

By the way, we did nothing other than what the Iraqi constitution mentioned, which stipulated that Iraq maintain balanced relations with other countries and stay away from the policy of international axes, and not be a source of threat to its neighbors and the world, and to establish external relations on the basis of interest and mutual respect, and in addition to all that we tried to build those relations In a state-with-state manner and in an institutional rather than individualistic manner, and, thank God, we were able to achieve distinguished relations with all countries that seriously felt the visions and projects proposed by Iraq based on partnership in interests, and refusing to turn Iraq into an arena of conflicts. Rather, we tried to create a positive and healthy atmosphere with everyone that would lead Ultimately, it creates investment opportunities and economic integration. 

And work is still going on in the file of foreign relations, and it needs more effort to complete what we started.

- Iraq has a direct interest in achieving understandings between the countries of the region and achieving regional stability.

And because we have good relations with the two parties and with various regional and international parties, we were able to create a positive dialogue atmosphere on Iraqi soil, many of which were not announced.

The brothers in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Islamic Republic are dealing with the issue of dialogue with a high responsibility and the requirements of the current situation in the region, and we are confident that the understanding is soon, God willing, and there is a real and wide breakthrough in the relations between all the countries of the region, backed by a firm conviction and sound intentions that the future of the region depends on the beginning Looking at it as a system of converging and not intersecting interests, and that this system cannot devote itself to economic construction and catch up with global development without solving its problems and zeroing its crises

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

An expert "blows up" Al-Kazemi's celebration of Iraq's achievement of the highest economic growth!

2022-04-30
279283953_10230263615233961_788533374030

Yes Iraq: Baghdad

Social media and social media have been busy over the past few days with a World Bank report, followed by statements by Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi, celebrating Iraq's record of the highest economic growth at the level of Arab countries, at a rate of 9.5% during 2022 and 2023.

On the impact of this report, Al-Kazemi came out in a statement to the official newspaper, stressing that "the government's success in achieving the highest economic growth rate in two years."

Economist Imad Abdel Latif said, "During two years of the government's work, we succeeded in achieving the highest economic growth rate in the Arab countries, according to International Monetary Fund reports, which expected that the economic growth rate in Iraq would reach 9.5% during 2022 and 2023."

He added that "this is not an "achievement" at all, Mr. President," noting that "the reports of the International Monetary Fund talk about the" economic growth rate", with complete coldness and "neutrality"...and its "indicators" should not be cited without understanding them "economically, in a way that Right, and right.”

And he continued, "This fund, when it talks like this (without explaining the details), puts us all in its "box", and laughs at us, laughs at us... It's okay... but it shouldn't laugh at the "highest" official in charge of "managing" the economy in The country, deluding it with “faceted” statements, makes it market its statements about the economy as absolute facts.

He added that "anything you produce and sell, and its production increases, or its selling prices rise, will automatically raise what is called in the economy the "output growth rate", or the "economic growth rate" except that the output in Iraq .. is oil, nothing .. Except for oil, its prices rose to above $100 a barrel, so it rose in our “dead economy” .. the “growth rate”. What is the achievement in that?” He pointed out that "we did not even raise oil production rates enough to benefit from this 'gift', or this 'rentier gift', or from the 'blessings' of the Russian-Ukrainian war, which descended on us from the sky, as did 'fossils'. “Oil millions of years ago, and it “disintegrated” in our land, and we “dissolved” with it (and because of it), and we are still “decaying.” There is no effort for us in that, no “production” from us and us, no “favor” for us over anyone in it, and no favor.

He continued, "Even this oil..we do not control it..neither production nor pricing, nor supply nor demand,"others"made its price rise,not"we"..however,here we are humiliating,because"the growth rate “It may rise because of it.” He added, “The International Monetary Fund report talks about “expectations” about a high rate of economic growth in Iraq during 2022 and 2023, wondering: “Does your country know what will happen to this “growth rate” if oil prices rise in the second half of the year? 2022, to $150 per barrel? What will happen to this “growth rate” if oil prices fall in the first half of 2023 to $70, or $60 per barrel (and everything is permissible and possible in the strange world of the oil market, and its related Strange predictions?

He added, "But the difficult (and embarrassing) question here is not "joy" at the high rate of "economic growth", but rather it is... What will your "state" do with this high rate of "economic growth... the president's country???".

Abdul Latif concluded that “the fund has no preference over us..and your “state” has no preference over us..Mr. President, the credit, all credit, is to oil alone..it has no partner..and no alternative..forever and ever

• Upvote 2

"We do not have a magic wand!".. Al-Kazemi clarifies about changing the dollar exchange rate in Iraq - urgent

1651266911_193127-810x456.jpg
بغداد-اليوم-150x91.png
News source / Baghdad today
Baghdad today - follow up

Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi confirmed the government's success in achieving the highest economic growth rate in two years, while noting that the solution to the political blockage is not in political speeches, but rather in an attempt to restore confidence.

Al-Kazemi said in an extensive interview with Al-Sabah, which was followed by (Baghdad Today), that he did not set any promotional goals in his economic work, warning that economic reform will not be achieved without suffering.

In his response to the decision to change the exchange rate of the dollar, Al-Kazemi explained that changing the exchange rate was not a qualitative decision for this government, but was preceded by studies that spanned for years, and he said: “We do not have the magic wand to change reality in one fell swoop, but we laid the foundations of normal life.”

Regarding his failure to participate in the elections, Al-Kazemi affirmed his opposition and rejection of all requests that she wanted him to participate in.

Al-Kazemi expressed his satisfaction with what was accomplished during the two years of the government’s life, and said: “During two years of the government’s work, we succeeded in achieving the highest economic growth rate in the Arab countries, according to International Monetary Fund reports, which expected that the economic growth rate in Iraq would reach 95% within in 2022 and 2023, concluding: “I did what satisfied my conscience in the performance of my duties, but on the political level, it is still early to talk

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Here we again with " the magic wand "  BS !!!!

19 YEARS & counting....not like this is back in 2008 with everyone getting cranky with the how come it's taking so gosh damn long the RV/RI the IQD.

Incessant talking, excuse making, criminal politicians sand bagging & on & on it goes.

No wonder Iraqis are hitting the streets in protest. Stop the excuses and do your jobs !!!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Pow! 4

Nah the politicians suffer from a condition of "growing fat walletitis" which affects politicians when they can stuff more of their constituents' money into their wallets and will refuse to do the right thing for their constituents due to the action causing the input into the politician's wallet to slow, become neutral or become negative thus the thickness of their wallet size might be affected.

• Thanks 1
  • Pow! 3

Source:

Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi confirmed that the white paper is subject to modification and addition, while noting that the exchange rate change was preceded by years-long studies.

The following is the text of the interview conducted by "Al-Sabah" newspaper with Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi:

*You have achieved success in conducting the elections.. What is your assessment of the circumstances of the political blockage and the post-election complications?

We must first differentiate between the constitutional context and the crisis of the political process. I imagine that the real blockage is in the lack of development of the political process that was formed on the basis of balances and visions that are not necessarily valid for all time, but some of them were created by the circumstances of the country. I have previously talked about that the current crisis is in essence a "crisis of confidence", because the political forces can get out of the current political blockage and make sacrifices or concessions here or there, if there is a common trust that frames the Iraqi political situation.

So, I think the solution is not in political rhetoric, but in trying to restore confidence. And trust, here, does not mean the necessity of participation or the formation of the government or not. Rather, restoring confidence means that everyone in the government or in the opposition considers the constitution, laws, national constants, and state institutions to be the basic foundations on which it rests.

White Paper

* Do you think that the White Paper was able to overcome financial difficulties? Is it possible to pass this paper to complete what you started?

First, we must bear in mind that the current government, which was honored to preside over it, came in an exceptional situation, and it had a basic and main task, which was to reach free and fair elections. . Everyone remembers the exceptional circumstances under which the government came: a suffocating economic crisis, low oil prices, and the outbreak of the “Corona” epidemic, which affected all countries of the world and in all walks of life in an unprecedented way. In fact, from the first month of the government’s life, I was required to provide the necessary funds to pay the salaries of employees, retirees, beneficiaries of social welfare benefits, basic state expenses, measures to combat the Corona epidemic, and basic security requirements, which are about 10-12 trillion dinars per month. On the other hand, the state's resources at that time, especially in the oil sector, did not exceed one trillion dinars only due to the collapse of oil prices.
Unfortunately, many of those who criticized the white paper did not bother reading it and did not try to discuss it, and in the end it is not a sacred text, but rather an attempt to save the economy of this country, and this (white paper) is subject to amendment, addition and update according to local and international economic developments. We said that the continued dependence on oil, which finances 95% of the country’s general budget, is a great crime and an unacceptable injustice against this generation in Iraq and future generations. That is why we tried to reduce the budget’s dependence on oil and we succeeded in part, and this reduction must continue so that the oil resources are for the benefit of the Generations Fund and not For non-strategic monthly consumption.

Dollar exchange rate

* How has changing the dollar exchange rate affected economic reforms? How did you face its repercussions?

It must be said that we did not set any electoral or promotional goals in our economic work, and we say that real reform will not be achieved without suffering and damage, and this is the reality. But we are with a real, balanced reform that needs to address the collateral damage caused by important decisions.
Therefore, in the 2021 budget, for example, and in conjunction with the change in the dollar exchange rate, we raised the social welfare allocations in the General Budget Law to 3 trillion dinars, and this number was allocated to the groups that we expected to be most affected based on specialized studies, and we were not bidding on the No one, but we were dealing with the negative effects of the appreciation of the exchange rate and improving the living conditions of the low-income people. But the brothers in the previous parliament refused to listen to our arguments in this regard and reduced the amount to less than 700 billion dinars only. At the same time, they also reduced the investment budget, which aimed to revive the labor market, motivate projects, spin the wheel of the local economy, and activate the role of the private sector.

loose weapon

* You started the way to confront the uncontrolled weapons, but there are those who believe that nothing has been achieved in this file?
This accusation lacks two qualities, credibility and fairness. Credibility because whoever launches it must first review all the steps taken by the government in the file of loose arms, and invoke the fact that this is not a temporary and immediate decision taken by the authorities, rather it is a thorny and complex file that contains political, social and religious dimensions, and the government must confront it at several levels and with a patient and cumulative vision In the act of security.
Whoever reviews the conditions in 2020 with credibility and away from an atmosphere of opportunism and review, must admit that there has been a significant development in the security file at all levels, starting with resetting the outcomes of the social crisis produced by the popular demonstrations between 2019 and 2020, and then restoring the trust that was broken Between the people and the security institutions, by drying up the sources of terrorism, breaking its thorn, besieging the outlaws, and working to apply the law to everyone without exception.
We do not have the magic wand to change reality in one fell swoop, but we laid the foundations of normal life, and these foundations were achieved after many steps and several legal accounting. Today, there are officers, associates, and employees who are sentenced to death or life after the law has been applied to them, and there are criminals who are being tried for transgressing the law, as is the case with death squads in Basra province, the killers of Hisham al-Hashemi, organized crime gangs and many others, not to mention the lurking terrorism.
The question is: is all of this enough? Answer: No. Certainly we need more work to get things back in full order and bring everyone under the rule of law. And the other question: Has nothing been achieved in this file? Here I leave the answer not to political jurisprudence or media reviews, but to the Iraqi people, who have become more adherent to the law and more adherent to the state and an understanding of the complex circumstances and the minefield in which this government has walked. Therefore, I do not ask for media or political justice because I am certain and confident that our people are just.
Farewell Tweet

* After the elections, you launched a tweet that the media considered a farewell tweet, and that you have accomplished what you had to do and will not engage in politics again, and the proof is that you did not compete in the elections. Was it really a farewell tweet?

I say frankly that I personally, and I bear the responsibility, opposed and rejected all the requests that wanted me to participate in the elections, some of which were from my work team, political forces and representatives. Everyone believed that the natural context was the participation of the Prime Minister in the elections and the achievement of a difference in the seats in Parliament. But I said at the time, and I repeat that day, that I was tasked with forming a government in light of a severe social, political and economic crisis that threatened all of Iraq, and the goal was to reach a special road map that would lead to fair and transparent elections and lead the country to safety.
The decision I took at the moment of commissioning this government to be the organizer of the elections and not a party to them. And if I had participated in the elections, I would have broken the pledge before the people, and I claim that I am not breaking the pledge. With regard to the first part of the question, his answer is also related to the second part. The tweet you launched translates the basic principles of any democratic system, which is that elections represent the natural way out of political crises, and that government formation mechanisms must be completed as defined by the constitution. I headed a government for a transitional period and did what satisfied my conscience in carrying out my duties at this stage. On the political level, however, it is still early days in this regard.

Social Activities

* It has been noticed recently that there are extensive activities for the Prime Minister at different levels. Is this an introduction to a new political role?
In fact, the activities I carry out are part of my natural duty as Prime Minister, and there is continuous work at all levels that has never stopped.
But with regard to social activities and meeting people, in fact, I admit that I do more of them for a personal reason. Sometimes I deal with the personal pressures that I face in government work, whether political or security, by returning to people by inviting them or visiting them in their places. This represents my personal stability. And if I may say, it's more like a cure. Our people and our people are good and patriotic and suffer a lot, but they are also intelligent in every sense of the word, and they are honest, and that is why they know who is honest with them and who is not.

2022 budget

* As a caretaker government, you face obstacles related to preparing the 2022 budget. Parliament gave you the authority to prepare it, but there are those who say that you will transfer it to the next government?
This topic has been under discussion during the past period, and we believe that it would be better if there was a government with full powers to present the draft budget law for the year 2022 with the terms and specifications required by the economic reform project and the political and economic transformations and challenges taking place in Iraq and the world. As for its transfer to the next government, the matter depends on the speed of formation of that government, and there are immediate legal solutions that can overcome the damages that occur due to the absence of the budget.

Food Security Law

* The above order applies to the Food Security Law. You supported this law as it covers the absence of the 2022 budget, how accurate is that?
The truth is that the preparation of this law and its submission to the House of Representatives was due to the global economic crisis caused by the war between Russia and Ukraine and the rise in oil prices, and consequently the high prices of goods and services globally and the inability to legislate the budget at the present time. Obstacles of the current crisis and providing cover to support the poor classes, support the ration card, and finance many strategic projects that are threatened with suspension due to lack of funding.
Password

* What is the password with which you were able to restore Iraq to its distinguished position in the Arab world, regionally and globally? And how did you achieve this difficult equation by establishing good relations with all the important countries for Iraq without exception?
If I may use the term “password”, then that word is the word I use internally, trust and credibility as well. Some understood politics as an opportunistic project, and this is a completely wrong concept. I believe that politics has many ethical aspects, and the most important of these aspects is building on commonalities and building trust.
A country cannot develop naturally apart from its neighbors, and all countries of the world must have good and sound relations with everyone. God has blessed Iraq with an important geostrategic location in the region and the world, and this location requires us to be a point of convergence and not a point of intersection. But unfortunately, we were a point of intersection for many decades before 2003, and we reached dangerous borders by threatening Iraq to be an arena for direct war between different countries, so we tried to perpetuate the concept of convergence.
By the way, we did nothing other than what the Iraqi constitution mentioned, which stipulated that Iraq maintain balanced relations with other countries and stay away from the policy of international axes, and not be a source of threat to its neighbors and the world, and to establish external relations on the basis of interest and mutual respect, and in addition to all that we tried to build those relations In a state-with-state manner and in an institutional rather than an individual way, and, thank God, we were able to achieve distinguished relations with all the countries that seriously sensed the visions and projects proposed by Iraq based on partnership in interests, and refused to turn Iraq into an arena of conflicts. Rather, we tried to create a positive and healthy atmosphere with everyone that would lead Ultimately, it creates investment opportunities and economic integration.
Mediation between Iran and Saudi Arabia
* You have made great efforts to achieve rapprochement between the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Islamic Republic of Iran. What is the extent of development regarding this mediation, and are there upcoming rounds?

Yes, Iraq has a direct interest in achieving understandings between the countries of the region and achieving regional stability.
And because we have good relations with the two parties and with various regional and international parties, we were able to create a positive dialogue atmosphere on Iraqi soil, many of which were not announced.
The brothers in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Islamic Republic are dealing with the issue of dialogue with a high responsibility and the requirements of the current situation in the region, and we are confident that the understanding is soon, God willing, and there is a real and wide breakthrough in the relations between all the countries of the region, backed by a firm conviction and sound intentions that the future of the region depends on the beginning Looking at it as a system of converging and not intersecting interests, and that this system cannot devote itself to economic construction and catch up with global development without solving its problems and zeroing its crises.
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, 6ly410 said:

"We do not have a magic wand!".. Al-Kazemi clarifies about changing the dollar exchange rate in Iraq - urgent

1651266911_193127-810x456.jpg
بغداد-اليوم-150x91.png
News source / Baghdad today
Baghdad today - follow up

Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi confirmed the government's success in achieving the highest economic growth rate in two years, while noting that the solution to the political blockage is not in political speeches, but rather in an attempt to restore confidence.

Al-Kazemi said in an extensive interview with Al-Sabah, which was followed by (Baghdad Today), that he did not set any promotional goals in his economic work, warning that economic reform will not be achieved without suffering.

In his response to the decision to change the exchange rate of the dollar, Al-Kazemi explained that changing the exchange rate was not a qualitative decision for this government, but was preceded by studies that spanned for years, and he said: “We do not have the magic wand to change reality in one fell swoop, but we laid the foundations of normal life.”

Regarding his failure to participate in the elections, Al-Kazemi affirmed his opposition and rejection of all requests that she wanted him to participate in.

Al-Kazemi expressed his satisfaction with what was accomplished during the two years of the government’s life, and said: “During two years of the government’s work, we succeeded in achieving the highest economic growth rate in the Arab countries, according to International Monetary Fund reports, which expected that the economic growth rate in Iraq would reach 95% within in 2022 and 2023, concluding: “I did what satisfied my conscience in the performance of my duties, but on the political level, it is still early to talk

The thing is, Obama said that too, and Trump happened to use one to lower gas prices, create jobs, and make us less dependent on foreign oil. The truth is they do have a magic wand and they can use it but the powers that be won’t or ha l them yet. Fiat is just that! Fiat or by decree…. So Decree that $h*t! Gosh the people there and here have waited sooooooo long 😂 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 4

23 minutes ago, WheresmyRV? said:

I'm starting to wonder if this is ever going to happen. :facepalm::facepalm2:

I’m feeling the same way (but definitely not giving up!!)

Years ago there was a guy here on DV whose name was *10 years later* (I haven’t seen anything from him in at least 3 years). I used to think 10 years was an insane amount of time to be waiting for this. I am now in my 13th year of waiting…. :rocking-chair:

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

On 5/1/2022 at 11:27 AM, Half Crazy Runner said:

I’m feeling the same way (but definitely not giving up!!)

Years ago there was a guy here on DV whose name was *10 years later* (I haven’t seen anything from him in at least 3 years). I used to think 10 years was an insane amount of time to be waiting for this. I am now in my 13th year of waiting…. :rocking-chair:

He changed his name to 20 years later.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Pow! 2