Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Ramadan 2022 - April 1 to May 1

If it doesn't RV before Ramadan, it wont happen during Ramadan... so it will happen after Ramadan.... heard this a lot in the years I have been in this forum well every year...But if you look at it this way, after Ramadan is still before Ramadan just many more days before the next Ramadan, or you could look at it this way, before Ramadan is still after Ramadan just after the last Ramadan which is before the next Ramadan.  But come on like I have said this bs about Ramadan comes out every year.  

• Haha 15
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Adam Montana said:

Happy Sunday all!

Reading through some of the internet chatter... it occurs to me that some people forget what a big deal Ramadan is, and also when it is.

Ramadan isn't observed on the same dates everywhere - for Iraq this year, it is April 1 to May 1.

A list of prayer times can be found here.

Traditionally, nothing major happens during Ramadan...

... however, things like this and this make me wonder.

@yota691 was on fire this morning - also posted was this:

And from yesterday:

Despite the holiday, there are things being done over in the desert... stay tuned!

:tiphat: 

PUSH THE RED BUTTON!  C'MON ADAM!  PUSH THE RED BUTTON!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

• yota691 featured and pinned this topic
Just now, cjdavid said:

That is my concern..I have been holding for 15 years. Now 61. I hope to still feel well enough to have some sort of fun with a windfall

My feeling exactly, but better late than never. Some people did not make it already and with dinar money at least I wont end up in one of those state owned/retirement centers where you get lets just say little to no help at all and Im sure there are horror stories.

• Upvote 14

• 2 weeks later...
Veto in Egypt and Iraq without an official position.. 10 Arab countries lift the ban on seclusion in mosques

Baghdad - people   

Ten Arab countries, on the eve of the start of the first night of seclusion in the last ten days of Ramadan, Thursday, April 21, 2022, will begin seclusion in mosques, while Egypt has decided to retreat in homes for fear of the repercussions of the Corona virus.  

Itikaf is one of the most prominent religious rituals for Muslims in the month of Ramadan, especially in the last ten days, and the i’tikaf usually sits in the mosques, and there is a lot of remembrance, supplication and prayer.  

10 Arab countries allow i'tikaf  

On March 22, Saudi Arabia announced the return of i’tikaaf in the Two Holy Mosques (the Grand Mosque and the Prophet’s Mosque) in Ramadan, after easing the measures to confront Corona after an absence of two years on March 9, 2020, and April 6, 2021.  

And the Saudi Press Agency reported, on Wednesday, April 6, 2021, that the Prophet’s Mosque receives on Thursday “the masses of the worshipers in the last ten days of Ramadan after completing the registration of the number allowed according to the absorptive capacity of the places designated for the service of seclusion,” noting that their number reaches 4,000 men. and women.  

In Jordan, the media spokesperson for the Ministry of Endowments, Hossam Al-Hiyari, announced in an interview with Anatolia, that "this year, the Ministry of Endowments lifted the ban on performing prayers in mosques, in conjunction with the recent government decision to ease restrictions on Corona measures in many sectors."  

He pointed out that the decision "included allowing prayers inside mosques at their full capacity, provided that the muzzle is worn, including seclusion in mosques, and the return of all religious activities as they were two years ago."  

Kuwait also announced, according to the local Al-Qabas newspaper on March 12, that unnamed sources in the Ministry of Awqaf stated that "the retreat will return to mosques this year."  

While the Kuwaiti newspaper, Al-Jarida, quoted sources in the ministry also on April 9, that the mosques for i’tikaf will be announced soon.  

In Iraq, i’tikaf begins in mosques in the last ten days of Ramadan, as the National Health Committee (governmental) decided at the end of last month to reduce Corona’s procedures by resuming prayers, in mosques and Husseiniyas during the month of Ramadan, according to the Anatolia correspondent, while an official position has not yet been issued. .  

As for Palestine, in the Gaza Strip, Amir Bualamarin, Director of the Preaching Department of the Ministry of Awqaf, told Anatolia that "the ministry has prepared mosques in the Gaza Strip to receive Muslims for i'tikaf and has given instructions to imams to do so."  

In the West Bank, mosques have opened to worshipers without any procedures, since Ramadan 2021, after a year of Corona restrictions, and the order to organize i’tikaaf is usually left to every town and a revelation, while Al-Aqsa Mosque usually witnesses i’tikaf in the last ten days of Ramadan.  

Many mosques in the Sudanese capital, Khartoum, and Sudanese cities will also begin i’tikaf during the last ten days, according to the Anatolia correspondent, while no official announcement has been made so far.  

In Yemen, i’tikaaf rituals are held in Yemen in most mosques, especially in cities, and i’tikaf is usually not announced by the Ministry of Endowments and Guidance, but rather it is set up automatically by Yemenis in mosques as a long-standing ritual, according to the Anatolia correspondent.  

And in Mauritania, thousands of people began seclusion in mosques, especially in the capital, Nouakchott, and the main cities, while some associations supervise the distribution of iftar to the worshipers in mosques, according to the Anatolia correspondent.  

As for Lebanon, the assistant inspector general of Dar Al-Fatwa, Sheikh Hassan Mereb, told Anatolia, that there are no exceptional precautionary measures this year regarding the revival of the last ten days and seclusion in mosques.  

He added that, as usual, each imam of a mosque is responsible for the mosque in which he is in organizational terms.  

In Somalia, the Anatolia correspondent said that this year’s i’tikaf in mosques is as usual with the first of the last ten days, noting that usually no official decision is issued regarding it and i’tikaaf is done automatically.  

Egypt bans and other countries have not announced yet  

On the other hand, Egypt went not to allow performing i’tikaaf in mosques, as announced by the Ministry of Endowments on April 15, 2022, in light of the procedures and measures to confront Corona, in reference to urging it to complete it in homes as it happened in the past two years, and the ministry confirmed the same position on Wednesday.  

On the other hand, Arab countries used to announce the establishment of i'tikaf for the last ten days in mosques, but they did not issue an official position until Wednesday evening.  

Algeria, Libya, Morocco, Qatar, Tunisia, Syria, Bahrain, the Emirates, the Sultanate of Oman, Comoros and Djibouti have not officially announced their position on i'tikaaf this year.  

• Thanks 1