Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Lots of Wednesday Midnight Opinions - CST - 3/09/2022

ronscarpa

Remember, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... :twothumbs:RON  

*** Pimpy   I was happy about all the discussion going on about the rate change but I didn't expect it to be very much of anything.  If anything I thought it would go back the original rate of 1190 dinars where it was before they devalued it down to where it is now. I had heard rumors and I had my fingers crossed they were talking about possibly bringing it all the way down to 1050 dinars...27.5% increase in value.  Not exactly what a lot of you are expecting but it's not too bad either in the grand scheme of things.

*** Mark  Movement from the Iraqi government front on the Kurdistan side...They have worked out a framework and suggestions and will propose them over the next couple of days until they reach an agreement. There is a mad dash to get the government seated. 

*** Frank26  [ Iraq boots-on-the-ground TV Report ] FIREFLY: Today on the television they showed an interview with the IMF...they talked about Iraq's economy, how it is getting better and better due to reforms.  Then they called on the CBI governor telling the citizens that countries with fixed rates will make the best advances for their economy, would be a revalue of their currency.

*** Sandy Ingram   Breaking news - Sudan has decided and has announced that it will float the country's currency. Article: "Roiled by economic crisis, Sudan to float its currency"  The reason this is important to us as IQD investors...is because we are going to get to see in real-time and the process of how a country floats its currency.  We can only hope that we could receive the same type of news release for the Iraqi dinar. [Post 1 of 2].

*** Sandy Ingram  Quote: "The Central Bank of Sudan said banks and exchange firms will determine the value of the Sundanese pound based upon supply and demand."  [We] will watch this news story closely to learn about how the IQD...might play out when and if a currency is floated.  You should know Sudan is in much worse shape economically and financially than Iraq. [Post 2 of 2]

*** Walkingstick and Frank26  There's no delay in the new exchange rate and new small category notes.  They know when they want to do it.  Granted they are losing billions of dollars through their auctions...they're economy is growing because they're filthy rich but this is not the way that it's supposed to be...They need to stop using the crutch of the auctions that were established 18-19 years ago...

*** Godlover  Article: "The Federal Court summons the Minister of Finance and the Governor of the Central Bank"  I won’t get too worried by this just yet. After all, the soon to be formed government has not even implemented the WP’s per numerous articles. Now, once the government is formed, budget passed & opened…that will tell all.

*** MilitiaMan  Article: "The Federal Court postpones hearing the lawsuit to restore the dollar exchange rate to its predecessor until next Monday They postpone the court until next Monday to hear the case of the Dollar Exchange rate and a Sovereign Wealth Fund...they are suggesting that the case is to restore the Dinar back to 120,000 / 100 USD from it’s present 1460. Just barely back to where it was 12/19/2020, a 22-23% move..[Post 1 of 2].

*** MilitiaMan  Could there be more to the story that will unfold between now and the meeting on 03/14/2022...The problem I see with the reversion back to 120,000 / 100USD is that it really doesn’t help the poor...Going from poor to poorer and back again to poor is a double slap in the face, imo...That will not be the purchase power they were promised..[Post 2 of 2].

:tiphat:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Well here we are, 5 days left in my (notice MY)  window of opportunity. I have expanded it ,till the 19th of March 2022, based on, new so called intel. We are 3 weeks out from ramadam & the other pork holiday they observe, right after ramadam. That puts the timeline to almost June, 2022 !From everything I have seen in the news, coming out  of Iraq, this 1st qt,its business as usual. Have they made some progress yes, the  have! Anything could happen that's, possible it's Iraq! With oil going sky high, the crooks in Iraq are the only one getting richer. Those crooks, are able to steal billions of dollars with their auction scheme they have in place right now, in Iraq! For me, deep down, I think we are in for another dead year as for as any change in the current rate for the dinar. Trust me, In really hope I'm WRONG on my gut feeling. The world needs this so called RV/RI! JMHO!! :cowboy2:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Artitech said:

Well here we are, 5 days left in my (notice MY)  window of opportunity. I have expanded it ,till the 19th of March 2022, based on, new so called intel. We are 3 weeks out from ramadam & the other pork holiday they observe, right after ramadam. That puts the timeline to almost June, 2022 !From everything I have seen in the news, coming out  of Iraq, this 1st qt,its business as usual. Have they made some progress yes, the  have! Anything could happen that's, possible it's Iraq! With oil going sky high, the crooks in Iraq are the only one getting richer. Those crooks, are able to steal billions of dollars with their auction scheme they have in place right now, in Iraq! For me, deep down, I think we are in for another dead year as for as any change in the current rate for the dinar. Trust me, In really hope I'm WRONG on my gut feeling. The world needs this so called RV/RI! JMHO!! :cowboy2:

"Pork Holiday" 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Artitech said:

considering the IMF posts iraqs rate changes around 30th of april i think windwo should be expanded until then, after then push back til same time next year

• Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 5:17 PM, ronscarpa said:

Remember, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... :twothumbs:RON  

*** Pimpy   I was happy about all the discussion going on about the rate change but I didn't expect it to be very much of anything.  If anything I thought it would go back the original rate of 1190 dinars where it was before they devalued it down to where it is now. I had heard rumors and I had my fingers crossed they were talking about possibly bringing it all the way down to 1050 dinars...27.5% increase in value.  Not exactly what a lot of you are expecting but it's not too bad either in the grand scheme of things.

*** Mark  Movement from the Iraqi government front on the Kurdistan side...They have worked out a framework and suggestions and will propose them over the next couple of days until they reach an agreement. There is a mad dash to get the government seated. 

*** Frank26  [ Iraq boots-on-the-ground TV Report ] FIREFLY: Today on the television they showed an interview with the IMF...they talked about Iraq's economy, how it is getting better and better due to reforms.  Then they called on the CBI governor telling the citizens that countries with fixed rates will make the best advances for their economy, would be a revalue of their currency.

*** Sandy Ingram   Breaking news - Sudan has decided and has announced that it will float the country's currency. Article: "Roiled by economic crisis, Sudan to float its currency"  The reason this is important to us as IQD investors...is because we are going to get to see in real-time and the process of how a country floats its currency.  We can only hope that we could receive the same type of news release for the Iraqi dinar. [Post 1 of 2].

*** Sandy Ingram  Quote: "The Central Bank of Sudan said banks and exchange firms will determine the value of the Sundanese pound based upon supply and demand."  [We] will watch this news story closely to learn about how the IQD...might play out when and if a currency is floated.  You should know Sudan is in much worse shape economically and financially than Iraq. [Post 2 of 2]

*** Walkingstick and Frank26  There's no delay in the new exchange rate and new small category notes.  They know when they want to do it.  Granted they are losing billions of dollars through their auctions...they're economy is growing because they're filthy rich but this is not the way that it's supposed to be...They need to stop using the crutch of the auctions that were established 18-19 years ago...

*** Godlover  Article: "The Federal Court summons the Minister of Finance and the Governor of the Central Bank"  I won’t get too worried by this just yet. After all, the soon to be formed government has not even implemented the WP’s per numerous articles. Now, once the government is formed, budget passed & opened…that will tell all.

*** MilitiaMan  Article: "The Federal Court postpones hearing the lawsuit to restore the dollar exchange rate to its predecessor until next Monday They postpone the court until next Monday to hear the case of the Dollar Exchange rate and a Sovereign Wealth Fund...they are suggesting that the case is to restore the Dinar back to 120,000 / 100 USD from it’s present 1460. Just barely back to where it was 12/19/2020, a 22-23% move..[Post 1 of 2].

*** MilitiaMan  Could there be more to the story that will unfold between now and the meeting on 03/14/2022...The problem I see with the reversion back to 120,000 / 100USD is that it really doesn’t help the poor...Going from poor to poorer and back again to poor is a double slap in the face, imo...That will not be the purchase power they were promised..[Post 2 of 2].

:tiphat:

nope 1970 rate as mentioned in transitional documents re : new iraqi dinar

5 hours ago, screwball said:

posts i have read lately suggest gold standard is coming back, china and tawain is a done deal, russia and china are pushing for gold back and for their own currency to be used in global transactions....as trump said will happen

Sudanese Pound just announced its going to a float.. it's all slowly happening as we watch 👍 

• Upvote 1