Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

1 hour ago, yendor said:

JUST A QUICK QUESTION:  NOW THAT FEBRUARY IS COMING TO AN END, HOW MANY DINAR VETS  ACTUALLY THOUGHT THAT WE WOULD HAVE AN END TO THIS   V=E=R=Y   L=O=N=G   RIDE  THIS  MONTH ?

MAYBE ON A FEBRUARY(?), BUT ONE THAT WAS SEVERAL YEARS AGO. HAVE NOT ENJOYED THIS RIDE AT ALL,  DOWN THE PROVERBIAL PATH TO HELL!!

• Pow! 3

5 hours ago, Shedagal said:

@yendorwhy are you labeled a lopster?  I thought lopsters couldn't post anywhere but the lopster tank.

In response to your question, I think mature investors who have been in this for a while don't fall for date and rate rumors.  It will happen when it happens.

Agree, it will happen one day but I will be honest in saying i am getting a little impatient. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Shedagal said:

@yendorwhy are you labeled a lopster?  I thought lopsters couldn't post anywhere but the lopster tank.

In response to your question, I think mature investors who have been in this for a while don't fall for date and rate rumors.  It will happen when it happens.

I have no idea how I got tagged with that lopster label..... I certainly do not believe the LOP theory.

As for the second part, I have read many "mature investors"  getting exctted about almost ANY news out of Iraq that looks somewhat promising.

Myself, I have always felt that this investment was "too good to be true", BUT (and an important but) if it DID happen, I didn't want to have to say, "IF ONLY......". So, I bought just enough to be glad I did, and not enough to be sorry that I didn't pass on this "OPPORTUNITY"...... And I have stated this MANY times. Maybe that is where I got tagged with the lopster label. If that is what constitutes a lopster,  then I guess that I am a lopster.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Pow! 1

1 hour ago, yendor said:

I have no idea how I got tagged with that lopster label..... I certainly do not believe the LOP theory.

As for the second part, I have read many "mature investors"  getting exctted about almost ANY news out of Iraq that looks somewhat promising.

Myself, I have always felt that this investment was "too good to be true", BUT (and an important but) if it DID happen, I didn't want to have to say, "IF ONLY......". So, I bought just enough to be glad I did, and not enough to be sorry that I didn't pass on this "OPPORTUNITY"...... And I have stated this MANY times. Maybe that is where I got tagged with the lopster label. If that is what constitutes a lopster,  then I guess that I am a lopster.

As they say, if the shoe fits . . .

Your posts seem to be discouraging.  Your right to post, of course.  I think this thread was meant to stir up discontent from members.  

I know some who feel the way you do who have put their dinar in a safe place and have moved on with their lives not needing to get mired in the muck.  They have made sure they are reachable when things change.  

I remember years ago when going through a rough patch, someone wisely told me to shift my focus.  I would advise you to do the same.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Shedagal said:

As they say, if the shoe fits . . .

Your posts seem to be discouraging.  Your right to post, of course.  I think this thread was meant to stir up discontent from members.  

I know some who feel the way you do who have put their dinar in a safe place and have moved on with their lives not needing to get mired in the muck.  They have made sure they are reachable when things change.  

I remember years ago when going through a rough patch, someone wisely told me to shift my focus.  I would advise you to do the same.

And  just where would you suggaest an 83 year old  to shift  his focus? This is entertaining to me.

I am merely stating the obvious and that is this RV may or not happen and if it DOES, there is no guarantee that it will be anything NEAR what the gurus are speaking of. We all hope that this will be a dream come true, but the truth is, dreams sometimes become a nightmare if one lets it get the best of him or her. Myself, I like to think that I am grounded enough and been around long enough to know  that things aren't always as they seem. If you have a problem with that, then that is your problem. I would LOVE for this to happen, like everyone else. But won't be a basket case if it doesn't

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 2

26 minutes ago, yendor said:

And  just where would you suggaest an 83 year old  to shift  his focus? This is entertaining to me.

I am merely stating the obvious and that is this RV may or not happen and if it DOES, there is no guarantee that it will be anything NEAR what the gurus are speaking of. We all hope that this will be a dream come true, but the truth is, dreams sometimes become a nightmare if one lets it get the best of him or her. Myself, I like to think that I am grounded enough and been around long enough to know  that things aren't always as they seem. If you have a problem with that, then that is your problem. I would LOVE for this to happen, like everyone else. But won't be a basket case if it doesn't

Volunteer as a Wal-mart greeter.  Go to youtube and study about a hobby that interests you.  Read books.  Binge watch a favorite TV series.  Reach out to people in your church that could benefit from someone with 83 years of experience.  Just a few examples.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 1

1 hour ago, Shedagal said:

Volunteer as a Wal-mart greeter.  Go to youtube and study about a hobby that interests you.  Read books.  Binge watch a favorite TV series.  Reach out to people in your church that could benefit from someone with 83 years of experience.  Just a few examples.

Better yet, I volunteer at our veteran's museum as a docent..... Much more benefical than deading or watching TV, but thanks for the advice. I am fine with my stage of life......... By the way, when you get to this age, I hope that you will have the energy to do the things that I do. Believe me, it isn't easy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

49 minutes ago, yendor said:

Better yet, I volunteer at our veteran's museum as a docent..... Much more benefical than deading or watching TV, but thanks for the advice. I am fine with my stage of life......... By the way, when you get to this age, I hope that you will have the energy to do the things that I do. Believe me, it isn't easy.

I don't mean to be dismissive of your age.  Glad you are active.

My father passed at 86 but kept active and was a joyful person - very close to God.  Another person I greatly admire is Kenneth Copeland.  He just turned 85 and is still traveling and doing services.  The Bible says our youth is renewed like the eagles.  I speak that over myself daily.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

5 hours ago, Shedagal said:

I don't mean to be dismissive of your age.  Glad you are active.

My father passed at 86 but kept active and was a joyful person - very close to God.  Another person I greatly admire is Kenneth Copeland.  He just turned 85 and is still traveling and doing services.  The Bible says our youth is renewed like the eagles.  I speak that over myself daily.

My oldest cousin is 98 and our great grandfather died at 115 (rode horseback at 110...... no one ever said why he stopped doing that).  I am looking forward to a much longer life than 83..... with or without an RI/RV !

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

You obviously did not see the documentary done on him about his racket of a church and his multi million dollar corporate jet and how mad he got, wouldn't answer simple questions and stormed off after making a complete ass out of himself and his organization. It's been a couple of years ago I saw the doc, maybe he has made ammends with God and is back in good graces. Sorry fool me once!:shrug:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1