Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The dollar will not return to its previous price.. A statement clarifying what is happening in the stock market

yota691

The dollar will not return to its previous price.. A statement clarifying what is happening in the stock market

24 February 2022 | 06:08

Fourth - Baghdad

Today, Thursday, the economic expert, Salam Sumaisem, confirmed that the dollar exchange rate will not return to its previous position.

The economic expert, Salam Sumaisem, told Al-Rabaa, "The dollar will not return to its previous price, at least in the current period," noting that "the Central Bank's statement proved that and what is currently happening in the market is speculation because of people's fear."

Sumaisem added, "The beneficiaries of these speculations are the owners of exchange shops and companies only," pointing out that "citizens are currently selling the dollar they have in their possession at a low price, although its fixed price is high, so the shop owners return to sell it to the same citizens at the high price after two days."

She warned, "The Central Bank's statement regarding the dollar was clear and frank, and therefore citizens should not rush to sell."

• Thanks 4
  • Pow! 6

22 hours ago, yota691 said:

The question is why would they keep talking and talking about " the dollar won't return to previous rate " many many times? To keep people guessing and dinar investors confused? To make dinar investors give up and sell off their dinars? Is this a sign that we are getting closer? Or to make iraqi citizens sell off their dollars for dinar, therefore to make the dinars even stronger than the dollar?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

2 hours ago, rvmydinar said:

The question is why would they keep talking and talking about " the dollar won't return to previous rate " many many times? To keep people guessing and dinar investors confused? To make dinar investors give up and sell off their dinars? Is this a sign that we are getting closer? Or to make iraqi citizens sell off their dollars for dinar, therefore to make the dinars even stronger than the dollar?

You bring up a good point, they keep up bringing this up and wont shut up about it.  We have to be getting closer.  They are definately trying to discourage investers and holders of the IQD.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 7

They are doing a very good job at . We basically have 3 weeks left in this window of opportunity, for the so called RV R/I. I moved my date back to 3/19/22 based on some new information that came out in February 22! Me myself and I are hoping this war In Ukraine will spur Iraq into action .based on the price of a barrel of oil. Even though,  I don’t believe the price of oil, has an effect on the exchange rate of the IQD! We have seen oil go over a $100.00, while on this crazy ride!  🤠 JMHO 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 8

Good morning Yota, a fine day out to you sir 🙏

As we know, there will be no way of a informed RV/RI, we are going to wake up one day and this will have changed. The media on this matter is meant to keep the people guessing and the speculators confused.

This topic has been debated for many years now and we are still waiting, but, that does not mean that it won't happen. The facts are that Iraq has a severly undervalued currency for the riches that it has, and it's only a matter of time that it's rightful value will be reinstated. 

IMO, they are on the right track and their has been substantial progress, especially as of late, that coupled with the steps taken to bring Iraq to the worlds stage and become a global competitor, their nieghbors are all on board for this to happen. 

I agree @Artitech they are doing a fine job indeed, I also think that they can adjust the rate anytime they wish with no specific date in mind. Timing is everything and the sense of urgency in the past few months seems like this could POTENTIALLY be the year.  :twothumbs:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9
  • Pow! 5

2 hours ago, WheresmyRV? said:

You bring up a good point, they keep up bringing this up and wont shut up about it.  We have to be getting closer.  They are definately trying to discourage investers and holders of the IQD.

Yep. You are right WheresmyRV.  However, we just don't know what the CBI has been thinking and planning about the exchange rate in their brains after they exit from chapter VII.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

The exchange rate of the dollar .. a statement in support of the decisions of the Minister of Finance

1646517368_187564-810x473.jpg

News source / Baghdad today
Baghdad Today - Special

Today, Sunday, the economic expert, Salam Sumaisem, stressed the need to intensify the distribution of food rations and food baskets, to face the rise in the dollar exchange rate.

Sumaisem said in a statement to (Baghdad Today), "The payments made by the Finance Minister before Parliament were correct regarding the country's conditions, during the past year, the impact of the Corona virus, and the state of general closure on the country's economy," noting that "the administrative body in the Ministry of Finance had to break free from bureaucracy and take bold measures before the decision to raise the dollar exchange rate.”

And she added, "The financial resources should have been collected from taxes, customs, tourism, agriculture, and other fields, to revive the economy and address the effects of raising the dollar exchange rate."

Regarding the quick measures that must be taken if the exchange rate remains the same, Sumaisem stressed the importance of “strengthening the ration card, and intensifying the distribution of food baskets, by the competent authorities, to support the affected segments of that crisis

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2