Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Fouad Hussein announces Iraq's exit from Chapter VII

On 2/2/2022 at 10:35 PM, horsesoldier said:

Well it all sounds extremely promising ( more so than ever before ) - but after 18+ years of their chin wagging & shenanigans, delays, postponing & disappointments, I remain cautiously optimistic.

If you’re happy brother - so am I, lol

• Thanks 1

Information/translation.

A report by Inside Arabia confirmed, on Wednesday, that despite Iraq's completion of paying $52.4 billion in compensation for Saddam's notorious invasion of Kuwait, the new Iraqi government's continued payment of money after the fall of the regime presents a bleak picture for the international community.

The report, which was translated by the "Information" agency, stated that "despite the US-led Western coalition toppling Saddam's regime in 2003 and forming a new central government in Baghdad to rebuild Iraq and oversee the country's transition to democracy, nevertheless, the international community continued to hold Iraq's leadership In the post-Saddam era, he is responsible for his most burdensome debt, the war reparations stipulated in Resolution 687.”

He added that "the UN Security Council reaffirmed this position on May 22, 2003, with Resolution 1483. The resolution ordered Iraq to send 5 percent of "all export sales of oil, petroleum products, and natural gas" to the UN Compensation Commission to cover war reparations. The Security Council added: “This requirement should be binding on any properly formed and internationally recognized representative government of Iraq and any successor to it, so the new Iraqi leadership did not have much authority to object to these terms even when the country was suffering.”

Whatever the merits of the United Nations Compensation Commission in the 1990s, this dynamic paints an uncomfortable picture in the twenty-first century, where an ambitious and poor democracy like Iraq sends billions of dollars to a wealthy authoritarian monarchy that helped Saudi Arabia intervene in Yemen. The per capita GDP in Kuwait is more than 24,800 dollars in 2020, and the Iraqi per capita does not exceed four thousand dollars only in GDP.

The report indicated that “while the United Nations Compensation Commission was a mechanism to punish Saddam’s destructive foreign policy and compensate its victims, the international organization developed into a major obstacle to the Iraqi government after Saddam, where the money that went to the United Nations Compensation Commission and Kuwait could play a role. in financing the reconstruction of Iraq or resolving the overlapping energy and financial crises. finished/ 25 z

• Upvote 1

If you look at this schedule for Provisional Programme of Feb it shows on Feb 22  Briefing (PM )  

Iraq/Kuwait  UNCC  don't know if other people saw this date for Feb.  hopefully they resolve this today but may finalize this on Feb 22 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

It APPEARS that UN Security Council Resolution 692 (Kuwait War Reparations) has concluded after submitting its final report in Geneva today. It has been "Formally Adopted".

I cannot transfer or open the article due to my weak computer skills, this is the best that I can do at the moment.

Semper Fi :salute:

RV there yet ?:pirateship:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 5

2 hours ago, cutter73 said:

Happy Birthday!!!🙏:moneybag:

Happy birthday Half crazy, maybe we'll meet at the dinar celebration one day and get totally crazy.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

Dear CBI, today is my birthday. Please RV your currency, 1:1 is good for me. Many thanks! 😁 💰 🥳

Happy Birthday 🎂🎊🎁 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

Dear CBI, today is my birthday. Please RV your currency, 1:1 is good for me. Many thanks! 😁 💰 🥳

Happy Birthday!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

Happy Birthday HCR.. I hope you had a lovely day. I am not sure what time it is where you are but the day is done in Geneva and a new day has begun in Iraq as I write and it seems nothing has changed. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, NoviceInvestor said:

Happy Birthday HCR.. I hope you had a lovely day. I am not sure what time it is where you are but the day is done in Geneva and a new day has begun in Iraq as I write and it seems nothing has changed. 

Thank you very much! I am enjoying my day, (almost evening time here) even without the RV 😆🥳

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

Happy B-Day HCR....Many more to come...👍👍🙏🙏

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 2/7/2022 at 8:58 PM, keylime said:

Well 9 is the number that controls everything in space and time. Not so sure about Dinarland though.

Just now, dinarham said:

1+8=9 , 2+7=9 , 3+6=9, 4+5=9 , 5+4=9 , 6+3=9, 2+7=9, 1+8=9

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

Panel wraps up after $52bn paid to Kuwait

1234-1.jpg  KUWAIT: This file photo taken on March 14, 1991 shows an aerial view of burning oil wells in Ahmadi, set ablaze by retreating Iraqi troops. – AFP

GENEVA: A UN commission set up to obtain reparations from Iraq over the country’s 1990 invasion of Kuwait submitted its final report in Geneva yesterday after paying out $52.4 billion to Kuwait. Set up in 1991 by UN Security Council Resolution 692 to manage financial compensation owed by Iraq to Kuwait, the commission raised the funds through a five percent tax on sales of oil and other petroleum products.

Iraq’s Saddam Hussein ordered his army to invade Kuwait and seize what he described as “Iraq’s 19th province” on Aug 2, 1990, before being pushed back seven months later by a US-led coalition. The recipients of the war reparations included private individuals, companies, government organizations and other groups that suffered losses as a direct result of the Iraqi invasion and occupation of Kuwait.

Nearly 2.7 million compensation demands were submitted over the 30-year life of the commission, which paid out $52.4 billion of some $352 billion sought. The last payment was made on Jan 13 totaling nearly $630 million, according to the report formally adopted in Geneva yesterday.

“While this period of time may seem excessive, it is important to note that the resolution of almost 2.7 million claims with an asserted value of $352 billion over this period of time has no precedent in the history of international claims resolution,” the report said. “This accomplishment is noteworthy and has contributed to post-conflict reconciliation, demonstrating the value and importance of international law,” it added. – AFP https://www.kuwaittimes.com/panel-wraps-up-after-52bn-paid-to-kuwait/

• Thanks 4
  • Pow! 1

Setting a date for the dissolution of the Iraqi-Kuwaiti Compensation Committee

political07:46 - 09/02/2022

تحديد موعد لحل لجنة التعويضات العراقية – الكويتية

Follow-up - Mawazine News
, the United Nations committee charged with overseeing the process of Iraq’s payment of compensation to Kuwait has completed its mandate after 30 years of its formation and paid $52.4 billion, while the Security Council in New York is scheduled to approve on February 22 the dissolution of the committee.
The committee was established in May 1991 under Resolution No. 692 of the UN Security Council, and was responsible for managing financial compensation for Iraq, which is deducted at a rate of 5% imposed on sales of oil and petroleum products from Iraq. 
During its mandate, the committee decided about 2.7 million compensation requests, of which $52.4 billion was paid out of about $352 billion claimed, the last of which was on January 13, at a value of about $630 million, according to the committee’s report.
The final report confirmed that “this amount represents” the end of the commission’s mandate after more than 30 years, and while this period of time appears to be long, it is important to note that the settlement of 2.7 million applications, with a total amount estimated at $352 billion during this period, is unconstitutional. Prefixed "for this type of action". Ended 29/R77

https://www.mawazin.net/Details.aspx?jimare=184154&fbclid=IwAR1p2gVna9OwHuq6nJCgaxW0hfNWmck1bF-U57xaBXgSmJyeEIQVcc-wGGk

• Thanks 1
  • Pow! 2

On 2/9/2022 at 7:04 PM, HowieC said:

Setting a date for the dissolution of the Iraqi-Kuwaiti Compensation Committee

political07:46 - 09/02/2022

تحديد موعد لحل لجنة التعويضات العراقية – الكويتية

Follow-up - Mawazine News
, the United Nations committee charged with overseeing the process of Iraq’s payment of compensation to Kuwait has completed its mandate after 30 years of its formation and paid $52.4 billion, while the Security Council in New York is scheduled to approve on February 22 the dissolution of the committee.
The committee was established in May 1991 under Resolution No. 692 of the UN Security Council, and was responsible for managing financial compensation for Iraq, which is deducted at a rate of 5% imposed on sales of oil and petroleum products from Iraq. 
During its mandate, the committee decided about 2.7 million compensation requests, of which $52.4 billion was paid out of about $352 billion claimed, the last of which was on January 13, at a value of about $630 million, according to the committee’s report.
The final report confirmed that “this amount represents” the end of the commission’s mandate after more than 30 years, and while this period of time appears to be long, it is important to note that the settlement of 2.7 million applications, with a total amount estimated at $352 billion during this period, is unconstitutional. Prefixed "for this type of action". Ended 29/R77

https://www.mawazin.net/Details.aspx?jimare=184154&fbclid=IwAR1p2gVna9OwHuq6nJCgaxW0hfNWmck1bF-U57xaBXgSmJyeEIQVcc-wGGk

lets just hope that we see them change the rate soon! anytime between now and april 30 would be good, this is when the IMF post rate changes for Iraq!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 2

• yota691 featured and pinned this topic
  • yota691 pinned and featured this topic