Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Regarding the dollar exchange rate... Al-Sadr proposes to summon the Minister of Finance and the Governor of the Central Bank"immediately"

yota691

The Sadrist Movement: Brokers are begging not to host the Minister of Finance in Parliament
Posted 47 seconds ago
news source /Alsumaria channel
Doc-P-412083-637808164593442089-810x455.

News source / Alsumaria channel

The leader of the Sadrist movement, Jawad al-Shahili, confirmed today, Friday, that there are "brokers begging" not to host Finance Minister Ali Abdel Amir Allawi, under the dome of Parliament.

Al-Shahili said in a tweet to him via Twitter, "Abdul-Amir Allawi, you are indeed one of the aristocratic families, so you do not feel the suffering of the working families (if they are hungry and full), and your message came after begging from brokers not to host you tomorrow (and our rejection)."

Social media sites and some news agencies circulated a message to the Minister of Finance addressed to the government, rejecting the request to summon him to the House of Representatives.

The House of Representatives is scheduled to host, on Saturday, the Minister of Finance and the Governor of the Central Bank; To discuss the dollar exchange rate

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

inance: The exchange rate of the dollar against the dinar is fixed

Friday February 18 2022 - 20:22

[[article_title_text]]

(Alsumaria News) - Today, Friday, an official source in the Iraqi Ministry of Finance strongly ruled out the possibility of changing the exchange rate and reducing the value of the dollar against the dinar because of its negative repercussions on the country's economy, after the demands of the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, to conduct a review of this file.

The source said, "The change in the exchange rate of the US dollar against the Iraqi dinar came after the drop in oil prices to below $30 per barrel, and the decrease in the financial revenues achieved from selling crude at the end of the year 2020."

He explained, "The exchange rate of the dollar against the Iraqi dinar is fixed and cannot be changed easily."

The source, who asked not to be named because he was not authorized to declare, added that "the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank supported Iraq's step at its time to devalue the dinar against the hard currency, and any change in the exchange rate without studying will have a negative impact on the financial and economic situation in Iraq." ".

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

The Sadrist bloc attacks the Minister of Finance: You should know that the Sadrists are the salt of the earth and the sons of the nation

Posted 35 seconds ago
news source /Mawazine News
161822022_271020211335713102021_924271-1

News source / Mawazine News
political|  

07:52 – 18/02/2022

Baghdad - Mawazine News

The Sadrist Parliamentary Bloc responded, on Friday, to the letter of Finance Minister Ali Abdul Amir Allawi to Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi, in which he rejected his invitation to the parliament dome tomorrow, Saturday.

Representative of the bloc, Ghayeb Al-Amiri, said in a statement that Mawazine News received a copy of it, "We reject the passive statements and the unbalanced reaction of Allawi, who seemed to be afraid of recruitment, and in violation of the constitutional foundations of appearing in the legislative institution, and you know that the Sadrists are the salt of the earth and the sons of the nation." And brothers to the rest of the components of the people that you are supposed to be a servant to and a worker for the sake of its comfort and well-being. He added, What is nonsense except that (you kindly) in belittling
the suffering of the people from the high prices and the high cost of living, and the lies that you market with what you believe of success, just as you belong to a good family that you are proud of.
It is firm, its branch is in the sky, and its fruits are steps of reform that will overthrow every failed or fearful dementia, so that the truth may be established and the country prosper.”

And Finance Minister Ali Abdul-Amir Allawi, earlier today, Friday, sent a message to Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi, following the tweet of the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, regarding the dollar exchange rate, while stressing his refusal to be summoned by the First Deputy Speaker of Parliament, Hakim al-Zamili.

Allawi said, in his 21-point message, and Mawazine News received a copy of it, the following:

1- I received a summons from the Deputy Speaker of Parliament to appear before him to discuss the exchange rate. This came as soon as Muqtada al-Sadr tweeted, asking me to appear before Parliament to discuss the exchange rate.

2- The summoning of the Deputy Speaker of Parliament came as a result of the tweet of Mr. Muqtada, the leader of the Sadrist movement, to which the Deputy Speaker of Parliament belongs.

3- The entire process is unacceptable and should not be tolerated, whether for the dignity of the government, my dignity as a minister, or my personal dignity and the dignity of my family.

4- First. This government is not accountable to any political party. It is only answerable to the Iraqi people through its elected parliament.

5- If, as a government, we do not reject these nefarious interferences in the function of government by political parties, we may cede the independence of the government as the executive arm of the state. And here comes the question of determining the role of the government, whether it represents the people or an executive arm of political parties.

6- I categorically reject the summons of the Vice-President of the House of Representatives because they are outside his powers. I also completely reject government running through tweets from political leaders.

7- I am a minister in a sovereign ministry. I worked in very difficult circumstances for nearly two years. I believe I have succeeded in managing the finances of the country, nurturing the economy towards a degree of safety. 

8- I had to make many difficult decisions, including my strong call for an exchange rate adjustment. The decision was supported by the international community, the Council of Ministers, the Central Bank of Iraq and political parties in two separate meetings with their leadership, which was approved by the House of Representatives in February 2021. I made it clear that the costs of adjusting the currency would be immediate; But the benefits will appear in the medium and long term. 

9- In order to protect the poor, a huge increase for the poor and vulnerable has been included in the 2021 budget, amounting to nearly 3 trillion Iraqi dinars to be disbursed through the Ministry of Labor. This unfortunately was curtailed by the House of Representatives in the final budget.

10- After a year we can evaluate the benefits of the exchange rate adjustment, which are very real. But the politicization of the exchange rate, making it responsible for high prices.

11- (High prices) This is a deliberate lie and the people should be aware of it. International prices for all goods and freight have risen dramatically in the past year. 

12- Wheat, cooking oil, sugar and fertilizer multiplied many times over. This is about the collapse of the global supply chain and not anything about exchange rate adjustment. Instead of focusing on the real reason for the price hike, people are being fed nonsense about the exchange rate as the source of the cost of living increase we have seen over the past year. 

13- I am ready to defend my position and my economic and financial policy before the House of Representatives as a whole and not in front of a particular parliamentary faction.

14- I demand the exercise of my rights under the Iraqi constitution, and I seek a vote of confidence in me by the House of Representatives. I have this right under Article 61/8 of the Constitution. “It is not permissible to raise the issue of confidence in a minister except upon his request or upon a request signed by fifty members….”

15- I will write to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and ask him to take this vote of confidence early. I will also ask him to give me one hour to explain my policies to the House before the vote takes place.

16- Since I was in the government, I have been subjected to a barrage of attacks and personal slanders both in social media and by politicians and some who call themselves analysts and media commentators. I have ignored all this mischief because it is based on lies or slander or ignorance

17- When the leader of a great political party treats me lightly as one of his followers, I must reject it completely. I know that the Sadrists voted for me when I was first nominated for the position of Minister of Finance, and they have stood by me through many crises including defending the exchange rate adjustment. I freely admit this, but this does not give them the right to address me as a servant at their request and invitation.

18- Attacks continue my family. I don't brag about my family lineage. But my family has given so much to this country. We have been citizens of Baghdad for hundreds of years. As the Allawi family, we have provided more ministers to Iraqi governments since independence than any other family. Six ministers and one prime minister. If we include the families close to us, Chalabi, the number will rise with four more ministers and one deputy prime minister. My great uncle Hussein Allawi signed a petition to bring Faisal I to Iraq.

19- Our family is completely Iraqi. We do not differentiate between Shiites and Sunnis, Christians and Yazidis. We do not differentiate between an Arab, a Kurd or a Turkmen. In my personal entourage, I am guarded by the Kurds, my personal secretary is among the Sunni brothers, and my personal office in the ministry is headed by a Shiite woman of high religious principles. We are not talking about diversity.

20- We have been supporters of the reference for centuries, and we respect the great religious families with the highest degree of esteem, and no member of my family has been contaminated with corruption or wrongdoing. They were motivated by real service with no concern for reward or benefit. I hope I have continued in this long approach. 

21- We will not abandon this country in the face of bullying, pressure or threats. We have always stood against tyranny in any form or kind, and we will continue to do so.

Yesterday, Thursday, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, presented six proposals regarding the dollar exchange rate, including summoning the Minister of Finance and the Governor of the Central Bank immediately under the dome of Parliament. Ended 29/R77

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

Al-Tamimi clarifies in response to what was published on social media regarding the high exchange rate

16 hours ago

IMG-20220218-WA0070.jpg?resize=780%2C431&ssl=1?v=1645192023

The former member of the House of Representatives, Dr. Magda Al-Tamimi, clarified the details of the repercussions of the rise in the dollar exchange rate.

Al-Tamimi explained the details that were taken at the time in detail:

♦️ The first step:- After approving the exchange rate hike by the Central Bank, Dr. Magda Al-Tamimi appeared in a press conference inside the dome of the House of Representatives with the Sairoon bloc at the time on 12/25/2020 and stated that the decision came without any preparation for it and without taking steps to protect the fragile classes of its negative effects on them.

♦️ The second step :- The Governor of the Central Bank was previously hosted at the request of Dr. Magda Al-Tamimi, according to the document numbered (1044) on 3/6/2021 and issued by the office of Dr. Magda Al-Tamimi, and was hosted within the Finance Committee on 6/22/2021, and directed Al-Tamimi the question to the Governor: “The responsibility for monetary policy and the rise in the exchange rate is one of the powers of the Central Bank under Article (4) of the amended Central Bank of Iraq Law No. 56 of 2004 and not the powers of the Minister of Finance.”

♦️ The third step:- At the request of Dr. Magda Al-Tamimi, Minister of Finance Ali Allawi was hosted on 6/24/2021 inside the Finance Committee. At that time, Al-Tamimi asked several questions, including:

The first axis: - the instability of the exchange rate of the dollar and its recent rise, with the increase in commodity prices in general, which caused an increase in the suffering of citizens.

The second axis: - an increase in the volume of random imports without relying on the import curriculum in order to import the goods that the country actually needs.

The third axis: - Percentage of accomplished reforms included in the white paper.

The fourth axis: - A statement of the actual position on the subject of customs and taxes automation.

Al-Tamimi promised “the owners of news websites and intellectuals to be accurate in publishing statements and to verify the source of the news before publishing it. Professional ethics require the media to be credible and not to fabricate or fabricate news.”

IMG-20220218-WA0071.jpg?resize=708%2C708&ssl=1

IMG-20220218-WA0073.jpg?resize=708%2C978&ssl=1

IMG-20220218-WA0072.jpg?resize=708%2C708&ssl=1

link  :  https://ashourland.net/2022/02/18/التميمي-توضح-رداً-على-ما-نشر-في-مواقع-ال/

The Minister of Finance refuses to summon “Al-Zamili” to him in a letter to “Al-Kazemi”: I am not a servant of a political party!

February 19, 2022

%D8%B9%D9%84%D9%8A-%D8%B9%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%88%D9%8A-1024x645-1-696x438.jpg

The Iraqi Finance Minister sent; “Ali Allawi,” Friday/Saturday evening, a lengthy letter to the Prime Minister; Mustafa Al-Kazemi, in which he denounces his summons by the Deputy Speaker of the “House of Representatives” to appear before Parliament to discuss the problem of the Iraqi dinar exchange rate against the US dollar, stressing that this summons affects his personal dignity in addition to his dignity as a minister in a government whose dignity may also be affected by submission to orders and decisions political parties.

Allawi began his message to the Prime Minister; Which received (writings) a copy of it, confirming: “Yesterday evening (Thursday) I received a summons from the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives to appear before him on Saturday; To search the exchange rate. This came immediately after a tweet from Muqtada al-Sadr; He asks me to appear before Parliament directly to discuss the exchange rate. It is clear, then, that the summoning of the Deputy Speaker of Parliament came as a result of Mr. Muqtada's tweet; Leader (the Sadrist Movement); to which the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives belongs.

Reasons for his refusal to summon Parliament.

The Minister of Finance refutes his reasons for rejecting that parliamentary summons; “I find the whole process unacceptable,” he said. We should not be silent about it, whether for the dignity of the government, my dignity as a minister, or my personal dignity and the dignity of my family. I think it necessary to make the following points:

O no; This government is not accountable to any political party. It is only answerable to the Iraqi people through its elected parliament. If we, as a government, do not reject these nefarious interferences in the function of government by political parties, we may cede the independence of the government as the executive arm of the state. Here the question arises about determining the role of the government, whether it represents the people or whether it is an executive arm of political parties.

Therefore, I categorically reject the summons of the Vice-President of the House of Representatives; Because it's clearly out of his powers. I also completely reject government running through tweets from political leaders, regardless of their popularity and stature.

Secondly; I am a minister in a sovereign ministry. I have worked under very difficult conditions for nearly two years. I think I have managed the country's finances, nurturing the economy toward a degree of safety. In the process, I had to make many difficult decisions, including my strong call for an exchange rate adjustment. However, this decision was simply not made. The decision was supported by the international community, the Council of Ministers, the Central Bank of Iraq, and political parties; In two separate meetings with their leadership. It was explicitly mentioned in the 2021 budget, which was approved by the House of Representatives; in February 2021.

3 trillion dinars were included for the poor in the 2021 budget, but parliament reduced it!

Allawi continues to review his point of view on the issue of the exchange rate; He explained: I made it clear that the costs of the currency adjustment would be immediate; But the benefits will appear in the medium and long term. In order to protect the poor, a huge increase for the poor and vulnerable has been included in the 2021 budget; With nearly 03 trillion Iraqi dinars spent through the “Ministry of Labor.” This unfortunately was curtailed by the House of Representatives in the final budget.

Noting, “A year later, we can now assess the benefits of the exchange rate adjustment, which are very real.”

The issue of the “exchange rate” is being politicized and made responsible for the rise in prices.

Pointing out that today the issue of the “exchange rate” is being politicized: “and made it responsible for the rise in prices. This is a deliberate lie and the people should be aware of it. International prices for all goods and freight have risen dramatically in the past year. Wheat, cooking oil, sugar and fertilizer multiplied many times over. This is about the collapse of the global supply chain, not anything about the exchange rate adjustment last year. Instead of focusing on the real reason for the price hike, people are being fed nonsense about the exchange rate as the source of the cost of living increase we have seen over the past year.”

He said: “I am ready to defend my position and my economic and financial policy before the House of Representatives as a whole; And not in front of a specific parliamentary faction.”

He stressed: “Therefore, I demand the exercise of my rights under the Iraqi constitution, and I am seeking a vote of confidence in me from the House of Representatives. I have this right under Article (61/8) of the Constitution. (which states: The issue of confidence in a minister may not be raised except upon his request or upon a request signed by fifty members…”.

I do not accept being treated as a servant by a political party!

And the Minister of Finance tells “Al-Kazemi” in his letter: “I will write today to the Speaker of Parliament; I ask him to take this confidence vote early. I will also ask him to give me one hour to explain my policies to the House before the vote takes place.”

He added: “Third; Since I was in government, I have been subjected to a barrage of attacks and personal slanders in all of the social media; And by politicians and some who call themselves analysts and media commentators. I ignored the harm this could cause; Because it was based on lies, slander, ignorance or obvious confusion. However, when the leader of a large political party treats me lightly as one of his followers, I must reject it outright. I know that the Sadrists voted for me when I was first nominated for the position of Minister of Finance, and they have stood by me through many crises; Including the defense of the exchange rate adjustment. I freely admit it, but it does not give them the right to address me as a servant at their request and invitation.”

Concluding his letter to the Prime Minister: “Finally, the ongoing attacks on me have extended to affect my family. I don't brag about my family lineage. But my family has given so much to this country. We have been citizens of Baghdad for hundreds of years. As the Allawi family, we have provided more ministers to Iraqi governments since independence than any other family. Six ministers and one prime minister.

In response to “Allawi’s” message to “Al-Kazemi” .. “Al-Tayyar”: You are from an aristocratic family, and you do not feel the hunger of the poor!

February 19, 2022
327521Image1-1-696x437.jpg

The leader of the Sadrist movement emphasized; Jawad Al-Shahili, on Friday, the presence of: “brokers begging” not to host the Minister of Finance; "Ali Abdul Amir Allawi", under the dome of Parliament.

Al-Shahili said; In a tweet to him via (Twitter): “Abdul Amir Allawi, you are indeed one of the aristocratic families; Therefore, do not feel the suffering of the toiling families (if they are hungry and if they are full), and your message came after begging brokers not to host you tomorrow (and our refusal).

Social media sites and some news agencies circulated a message to the Minister of Finance addressed to the government, rejecting the request to summon him to the House of Representatives.

Today, Saturday, the House of Representatives will host the Minister of Finance and the Governor of the Central Bank; To discuss the dollar exchange rate.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 3 bucks new rv rate said:
He added that "the central bank, when it took a decision to raise the exchange rate, was due to the liquidity problem that the country was suffering from and is still suffering for this moment," noting that "returning the exchange rate to its previous one will restore the liquidity problem."

"returning the exchange rate to its previous one will restore the liquidity problem." 

I agree 100% as long as hopefully, it isn't 1170 or 1180 or 1190.

• Upvote 2

Why did Allawi not attend the parliament session? The Minister of Finance himself explains the reason!

Posted 15 seconds ago
news source /Iraq Today Agency
61373.jpg
iraqtoday.jpg
News source / Iraq Today Agency

Baghdad - Iraq today:

On Saturday, Finance Minister Ali Abdul-Amir Allawi sent a letter to the House of Representatives in which he confirmed his inability to attend the meeting held to discuss the dollar exchange rate.

Hakim Al-Zamili, the first deputy speaker of the parliament, quoted Allawi as saying, “I would like to inform that I am unable to attend today’s meeting, and I will submit an official request to the House of Representatives to hold a session to vote of confidence, and I will always be ready and cooperating.”

After the unexpected position of the Minister of Finance, an economist expects different scenarios for the dollar crisis

Posted 1 minute ago
news source /NR TV channel
1922022618335-810x450.jpg
Today, Saturday, the economic expert, Nabil Al-Marsoumi, said that people should dispense with their “dollar” savings and transfer them to the Iraqi dinar.

Al-Marsoumi said in a clarification followed by NRT Arabia, "It is expected that after the unexpected response from the Minister of Finance and the accompanying turmoil in the currency market, most people will give up their dollar savings and convert them to the Iraqi dinar."

He explained that “in light of the lack of confidence in the Iraqi banking system, the demand for land, real estate and gold is expected to rise because they are a store of value, which will lead to an increase in their prices or people hoard some of their savings in Iraqi dinars, in addition to the expectation that the Central Bank of Iraq’s sales will decline in the coming days due to the increase in the dollar supply. in the local market.”  

Yesterday, Friday, the Minister of Finance, Ali Abdul-Amir Allawi, responded to a request to be summoned by the First Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hakim Al-Zamili under the dome of Parliament, considering it an outrageous and unacceptable interference that should not be tolerated, while confirming that he would seek a vote of confidence in him from the House of Representatives.

Allawi mentioned in a letter he addressed to Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi, which included 21 points, the following:-

1- I received a summons from the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives to appear before him to discuss the exchange rate. This came as soon as Muqtada al-Sadr tweeted, asking me to appear before Parliament to discuss the exchange rate.

2- The summoning of the Deputy Speaker of Parliament came as a result of the tweet of Mr. Muqtada, the leader of the Sadrist movement, to which the Deputy Speaker of Parliament belongs.

3- The entire process is not acceptable and should not be tolerated, whether for the dignity of the government, my dignity as a minister, or my personal dignity and the dignity of my family.

4- First. This government is not accountable to any political party. It is only answerable to the Iraqi people through its elected parliament.

5- If, as a government, we do not reject these nefarious interferences in the function of government by political parties, we may cede the independence of the government as the executive arm of the state. Here comes the question of determining the role of the government, whether it represents the people or an executive arm of political parties.

6- I categorically reject the summons of the Deputy Speaker of Parliament, because they are outside his powers. I also completely reject government running through tweets from political leaders.

7- I am a minister in a sovereign ministry. I worked in very difficult circumstances for nearly two years. I believe I have succeeded in managing the finances of the country, nurturing the economy towards a degree of safety. 

8- I had to make many difficult decisions, including my strong call for an exchange rate adjustment. The decision was supported by the international community, the Council of Ministers, the Central Bank of Iraq and political parties in two separate meetings with their leadership, which was approved by the House of Representatives in February 2021. I made it clear that the costs of adjusting the currency would be immediate; But the benefits will appear in the medium and long term. 

9- In order to protect the poor, a huge increase for the poor and vulnerable has been included in the 2021 budget, amounting to nearly 3 trillion Iraqi dinars to be disbursed through the Ministry of Labor. This unfortunately was curtailed by the House of Representatives in the final budget.

10- After a year we can evaluate the benefits of the exchange rate adjustment, which are very real. But the politicization of the exchange rate, making it responsible for high prices.

11- (High prices) This is a deliberate lie and the people should be aware of it. International prices for all goods and freight have risen dramatically in the past year. 

12- Wheat, cooking oil, sugar and fertilizer multiplied many times over. This is about the collapse of the global supply chain and not anything about exchange rate adjustment. Instead of focusing on the real reason for the price hike, people are being fed nonsense about the exchange rate as the source of the cost of living increase we have seen over the past year. 

13- I am ready to defend my position and my economic and financial policy before the House of Representatives as a whole and not in front of a particular parliamentary faction.

14- I demand the exercise of my rights under the Iraqi constitution, and I seek a vote of confidence in me by the House of Representatives. I have this right under Article 61/8 of the Constitution. “It is not permissible to raise the issue of confidence in a minister except upon his request or upon a request signed by fifty members….”

15- I will write to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and ask him to take this vote of confidence early. I will also ask him to give me one hour to explain my policies to the House before the vote takes place.

16- Since I was in the government, I have been subjected to a barrage of attacks and personal slanders both in social media and by politicians and some who call themselves analysts and media commentators. I have ignored all this harm because it is based on lies, slander or ignorance.

17- When the leader of a great political party treats me lightly as one of his followers, I must reject it outright. I know that the Sadrists voted for me when I was first nominated for the position of Minister of Finance, and they have stood by me through many crises including defending the exchange rate adjustment.
I freely admit this, but this does not give them the right to address me as a servant at their request and invitation.

18- Attacks continue my family. I don't brag about my family lineage. But my family has given so much to this country. We have been citizens of Baghdad for hundreds of years. As the Allawi family, we have provided more ministers to Iraqi governments since independence than any other family. Six ministers and one prime minister. If we include the families close to us, Chalabi, the number will rise with four more ministers and one deputy prime minister. My great uncle Hussein Allawi signed a petition to bring Faisal I to Iraq.

19- Our family is completely Iraqi. We do not differentiate between Shiites and Sunnis, Christians and Yazidis. We do not differentiate between an Arab, a Kurd or a Turkmen. In my personal entourage, I am guarded by the Kurds, my personal secretary is among the Sunni brothers, and my personal office in the ministry is headed by a Shiite woman of high religious principles. We are not talking about diversity.

20- We have been supporters of the reference for centuries, and we respect the great religious families with the highest degree of esteem, and no member of my family has been contaminated with corruption or wrongdoing. They were motivated by real service with no concern for reward or benefit. I hope I have continued in this long approach. 

21- We will not abandon this country in the face of bullying, pressure or threats. We have always stood against tyranny in any form or kind, and we will continue to do so.”

Earlier on Thursday, the First Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hakim Al-Zamili, sent a request to summon the Minister of Finance, Ali Allawi, and the Governor of the Central Bank, Mustafa Ghaleb, after a tweet by the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada Al-Sadr, that included proposals regarding the dollar exchange rate, including summoning the director of the Central Bank and the Minister of Finance. Parliament has a date next Saturday to meet with them to discuss the dollar exchange rate