Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Tell Us the Truth?!?!

chefgene23

Good Day Adam, 

Adam you and others have made "unsupported statements" in regards to this Dinar saga for a while.  You continue to seek funds to join your post in regards to the information you provide.  We have been paid members to your website, but your information has not been any difference that Okie, Tony and others.  Adam, I know over 75 individuals who have been traveling down this rabbit trail since the Iraq War and you guys are no more closer to a "RV" since we departed Iraq and went into Afghanistan.  Instead of providing hopeless information, all we want to know is that a "RV" has taken place.  Stop seeking money and just let so many people know when they can reap the benefit on their investment.  People are now dying who made an investment in a scheme that seems to have no "profitable end".  Information at this point is not needed, just tell the truth.  I bet you one (1) year and more from this post, there will be no RV and you will be seeking funds for the information you and others are putting out.  Would love to be proven wrong.  Hope you make this post known to others.   

Sincerely, 

R. Crawford   

02-04-2022  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

The dinar saga could very possibly fade away w/o an rv. This is something Adam and others have pointed out over the years.

That said - although frustrated with the Iraq CBI and govt, those of us sticking it out believe in the likelihood that they will rv at some point for a number of reasons - unrest within the population, ability to do business internationally, cumbersome nature of handling a devalued currency that requires a wheel barrel full of it to go to the store etc...

Each passing day will bring the rv closer. This year is actually looking promising - or likely in my opinion. The stars seem to be aligning well enough.

I certainly feel your frustration - we all do. The preparations Adam and crew have made over the years are designed for us to have a thoughtful strategic path forward once the rv occurs. Until then we are all in a holding pattern waiting for something we see as inevitable to occur to finally happen.

I pondered selling some dinar - then investing in crypto or lithium - make some money and then reinvest in dinar. If you are fed up with the whole expectation that an rv is coming - perhaps sell off a portion of your holdings - but do keep enough to make it worthwhile having been invested for this long.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Chef,

I was a paid member of this site many years ago but realised after some considerable time had elapsed, that there was no significant economic reason to continue my membership. My comment is not a negative comment on 'Adam' but simply a realistic assessment that I made at the time.

Since then, I have not paid any further monies to any internet identity commenting on the dinar because in my experience they have proven to know little more that I can garner from my own research.

What however, has caused me significant angst are the rent seekers like Space Cowboy who year in and out, proclaim to have 'special inside knowledge' from others such as walkingstick, people in Iraq and lately, a fellow named Neil who is also known as 'Eddie' and therefore Frank endlessly proclaims that dates and events within a month (generally, month upon month), are significant markers that serve to highlight an imminent improvement in the value of the Iraqi dinar against the American dollar. Not surprisingly, this never occurs.

I have mostly given up visiting the site of and/or listening to any internet dinar commentators as we will all know in short order, when the dinar is actually worth an exchange value of interest to us.

However, I will end on this positive note, Iraq's currency is hopelessly undervalued and at some point, it will be worth 30 or more US cents in the dollar. Thereafter, it is reasonable to assume that a free floating dinar will add to this opening value.

• Like 2

On 2/13/2022 at 2:30 PM, chefgene23 said:

Good Day Adam, 

Adam you and others have made "unsupported statements" in regards to this Dinar saga for a while.  You continue to seek funds to join your post in regards to the information you provide.  We have been paid members to your website, but your information has not been any difference that Okie, Tony and others.  Adam, I know over 75 individuals who have been traveling down this rabbit trail since the Iraq War and you guys are no more closer to a "RV" since we departed Iraq and went into Afghanistan.  Instead of providing hopeless information, all we want to know is that a "RV" has taken place.  Stop seeking money and just let so many people know when they can reap the benefit on their investment.  People are now dying who made an investment in a scheme that seems to have no "profitable end".  Information at this point is not needed, just tell the truth.  I bet you one (1) year and more from this post, there will be no RV and you will be seeking funds for the information you and others are putting out.  Would love to be proven wrong.  Hope you make this post known to others.   

Sincerely, 

R. Crawford   

02-04-2022  

Well apparently you haven't realized that 1) websites cost money to run and as they grow larger with more members, free and paid, the costs add up fast; 2) You are emotionally involved in an investment where you have invested more emotions than money, thus you are letting the emotions do the thinking for you; and 3) Even in the stock market nothing is guaranteed like your retirement account that you may have started in your early to mid twenties and are now counting on the closer you get to that retirement age of 65. People have lost their entire retirement investment in the stock market. The difference here is that you won't lose 100% if you choose to get out now. Nothing in life is guaranteed and nothing in life is fair And lastly, you apparently didn't get the memo this was a buy and hold investment. Some buy and hold investments can last 30 years or longer. This investment is just shy of 20 years. It took Japan until 2017 to fully recover (a 4 phase recovery) from WWII from 1946. Some say it took Germany 10 years and as long as 20 years to recover. It is a buy and hold investment. The sooner you learn that and go about your daily life with this in the back of your head will bring great joy when it happens. If it doesn't happen before you go to see your Creator, then you have left your loved ones a great gift that will one day bring them even more joy because you had the wherewithal to hold onto to it and not listen to your emotions to sell it.

Welcome to the real world where there are no participation trophies when you die.  

Edited by Theseus
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
  • Pow! 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Snatcher said:

You can't compare Iraq to Germany and Japan. Both of whom destoryed many different countries in a World War and needed to pay all those countries back. Iraq only invaded Kuwait.

You haven't realized war is war and destruction is destruction.  I could have used a natural disaster to illustrate recovery time, but alas I used something else. To this day, Germany has not paid "all of those countries back". On the other hand, Iraq  has paid only Kuwait back. They still need to pay the world back by revaluing their dinar and that hasn't happened to a satisfactory level yet. So to say Iraq has to only pay Kuwait back is wrong.

And you also haven't realized comparison versus example. I was not comparing the two but merely using them as an example as to the length of recovery from war. BTW the United States  and a coalition took part in all three wars.  Try better next tie you might get it right next time.

And if you want a real comparison then you would need to look at Japan who declared war on the United States then later joined Germany's side of WWII. Japan lost 42% of its national wealth. Although Japan never invaded, invaded key word here, the United States (Hawaii was not a state until August 21, 1959, however, it was a territory from August 12, 1898. The Pearl Harbor attack by Japan was the main cause for the delay, but not the only cause, of statehood  for Hawaii after an in-favor vote was taken previous to the attack. From 1898 until statehood Hawaii had one non-voting representative in the lower chamber.).

But then again you turned time of recovery into amount of reparations owed. Part of the recovery process from war but not the same thing.

Some quick facts:

Germany owed 70 million Euros in 2010 from World War I. (That is the first World War not the second).

As of 2019, Germany owed Poland, alone, over 850 billion USD. This still has not been paid off.

From World War II:

Italy still owes 360 million USD.

Finland owed 300 million USD and is paid in full.

Hungary and Romania each owed 300 million USD.

Bulgaria owed 70 million USD.

Romania and Bulgaria were required to pay over 8 years from 1947 in commodities, products of manufacturing and extractive industries, and agriculture.

Japan lost 42% of its national wealth and had to pay in reparations 6.7 million to the Red Cross on behalf of POWs and transferred assets. This was based off the San Fransisco 1951 treaty.

So

Edited by Theseus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

On 2/13/2022 at 2:30 PM, chefgene23 said:

Good Day Adam, 

Sincerely, 

R. Crawford   

02-04-2022  

Many sites make money off of ads and will make commissions when people click on ads and buy something...But there's ONLY 5 ads on my page right now....😳

• Upvote 1

On 2/23/2022 at 9:08 PM, whatsfordinar? said:

Many sites make money off of ads and will make commissions when people click on ads and buy something...But there's ONLY 5 ads on my page right now....😳

And to think that ads are the cure-all for website income, ha! ha! 

Let me guess, you haven't clicked on a single ad since or before becoming a member? Really? Commissions? What product have you bought from a click through ad on this site? Bueller? Bueller? 

Some people have what is known as pop-up blocker or ad blocker and rarely see any ads to absolutely no ads. So how do website owners make money off ads that don't show up? Now why would these people implement an ad blocker? Bueller? Bueller?

12 hours ago, Theseus said:

And to think that ads are the cure-all for website income, ha! ha! 

Let me guess, you haven't clicked on a single ad since or before becoming a member? Really? Commissions? What product have you bought from a click through ad on this site? Bueller? Bueller? 

Some people have what is known as pop-up blocker or ad blocker and rarely see any ads to absolutely no ads. So how do website owners make money off ads that don't show up? Now why would these people implement an ad blocker? Bueller? Bueller?

I searched for a product, an ad popped up on DV--I clicked on ad and purchased--

You will learn a lot by reading more--this article explains many ways that websites make money, which Adam may be using some or all methods listed--plus selling VIP... 

33 Proven Ways To Monetize a Website (or a Blog) | websitesetup.org

I hope that helps you understand...

5 hours ago, whatsfordinar? said:

I searched for a product, an ad popped up on DV--I clicked on ad and purchased--

You will learn a lot by reading more--this article explains many ways that websites make money, which Adam may be using some or all methods listed--plus selling VIP!">VIP... 

First it is called monetization of a website. Second, the ad does not generate the main source of income for a website maybe 10% of the maintenance cost at best. Third, ads are designed to get people to a place where a person or group can purchase a particular good or service. It is from the sale of that good or service that generates the income. The ad is only a small, and I do mean a small, part of the monetization stream.

Ads that appear on a website is considered affiliate marketing, meaning the website that generates the ad is affiliated to the seller of the product. As such the affiliate generates maybe 1 to 2%, sometimes a smaller amount, of the price of the good or service. Then if a person or group so chooses to click through (i.e. pay per click campaigns) to the product description page on another website then the website that displayed the ad gets a little more money, not much, of the price of the good or service. Now if that person makes a purchase, then the seller of the goods or service pays the website in which the original ad is placed makes a small commission on the total sale. Which leads to upselling and cross-selling (But wait there is more!) to increase the total sale amount. The website makes more when an actual sale goes through than a website merely displaying an ad or a click through occurs. Only around 4% of all click throughs of the total website traffic generate any kind of sales. Only 1 to 2% of those sales actually buy the upsell or cross-sell of a good or service. So when you look at the very top of the funnel, you need a heckuva lot of internet traffic - whether that be organic or not. We could go into SEO, landing pages and other such things that also add value but I won't bore a lot of people here on that because the OP's point was to stop seeking money for this website. To which I replied it takes a lot of money to run a successful website, through subscriptions (aka memberships) or through monetization methods as discussed in your article. Some of those "proven" methods wou so diligenty espouse through your article is outdated at this time and just because something on the internet works for one person doesn't necessarily mean it will work for all websites.

Monetization takes money to make money. For example, the ads that used to run about making quadrillions from 5 dollars a day using Facebook ads is not entirely true. Why? Because they then get into A/B testing (or other forms of testing ads) for two ads they run each for 5 dollars a day then when one is successful they increase the cost they pay to run the ad that made the most for them on Facebook. This does not include that Facebook has lost a lot of subscribers due the privacy information selling fiasco which decreased their consumer base.

So can you really make money from one ad spending 5 dollars a day? No because that single ad must be tested against another and another and another and so on each ad running for 5 dollars a day or 150 a month. By the time an ad really starts making money (monetization) to a seller they have nearly spent at least five figures on that ad alone. And when the seller would like additional help they employ what are called affiliated marketers who try to make money themselves by coming up with new and innovative ways to present the consumer a service or good. 

And there are websites who make money off the marketers by collecting and collating that data. There are web sites who sum up the competition so the seller can be the Jones'. And on it and on it goes.

And that is just a 30 thousand foot view of how monetization really works. And if you really want to see this in action become an affilate marketer though amazon or click bank or some other affiliated marketing website. There is greed for greed's sake and then there is profit to keep offering goods and services. Most people confuse making profit with being greedy. Nothing in this world is free and nothing in this universe is fair. Learn it. Adapt it. Move forward.

Edited by Theseus

5 hours ago, whatsfordinar? said:

You will learn a lot by reading more--this article explains many ways that websites make money, which Adam may be using some or all methods listed--plus selling VIP!" rel="">VIP... 

Oh and by the way, that article is from the year 2000. And if you haven't realized by now, bloggers like this create 10 to 15 articles and recycle those same articles by updating (tweaking a word or two or changing the date) them every so often. I could have written an article back in 2005 about kayaks. Change the byline date to 2022 and people think it is fresh and innovative for 2022. I could also let it run fr six months take it down for 6 months and put it back up again. Change a few key SEO long tail phrases to get it back on top of the search engine and voila! A new article generating organic traffic!

But you have to change the date within the source code!   

Cheap effective way to make money after the initial investment cost