Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A deputy reveals a set of options regarding the 2022 budget, including the price of the dollar

yota691

14 hours ago, screwball said:

everyone forgets the three files.........that make up the UNSC rosulations gainst Iraq. People also forget about what they need to join the WTO

To your point Screwball:

November 2017

https://www.wto.org/english/news_e/news17_e/acc_irq_17nov17_e.htm

November 2020

https://www.wto.org/english/thewto_e/acc_e/session_6_b_amb_hilale_intervention_.pdf

I personally don’t believe membership in the WTO is necessary for the currency revaluation but it would be a huge boost to their economy. I do seem to recall reading somewhere over the last decade or so that revaluation is required before joining the WTO. I don’t believe the files under Chapter VI would prevent the revaluation but I don’t mind being corrected if I’m wrong. 😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Bama Girl said:

To your point Screwball:

November 2017

https://www.wto.org/english/news_e/news17_e/acc_irq_17nov17_e.htm

November 2020

https://www.wto.org/english/thewto_e/acc_e/session_6_b_amb_hilale_intervention_.pdf

I personally don’t believe membership in the WTO is necessary for the currency revaluation but it would be a huge boost to their economy. I do seem to recall reading somewhere over the last decade or so that revaluation is required before joining the WTO. I don’t believe the files under Chapter VI would prevent the revaluation but I don’t mind being corrected if I’m wrong. 😊

have to have an internationally tradeable currency!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, screwball said:

have to have an internationally tradeable currency!

Breitling says it's always been international.....and international now. The thing is.... no one wants to deal with a currency that has no value.

Makes sense to me. I know a few people that originally purchased their IQD from Chase. It was International.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, HowieC said:

Breitling says it's always been international.....and international now. The thing is.... no one wants to deal with a currency that has no value.

Makes sense to me. I know a few people that originally purchased their IQD from Chase. It was International.

yes this was true it was sold by chase as well as BOA

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, HowieC said:

I don't believe if IQD is already international recognized currency, noone wants to deal with IQD. Can IQD be accepted in the middle east countries, like Kuwait, Saudi Arabia? If IQD is already international recognized currency, IQD at least will be accepted  in the middle east countries as a form of payment to buy something in the middle countries. Is Kuwaiti dinar accepted in the middle east countries? I think so. For example, USD is international recognized currency and everyone around the world wants to deal with USD. JMO.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2022-01-03 03:31

Shafaq News/ The Ministry of Planning ruled out, on Monday, the inclusion of new projects in the current 2022 budget, indicating that there are 6,000 projects under implementation.

Ministry spokesman Abdul-Zahra Al-Hindawi said in an interview with Shafaq News Agency, "Inclusion of new projects in the 2022 budget will not be easy in light of the presence of a large number of ongoing projects, as it is not logical to have projects with completion rates and go to the inclusion of new projects." Noting that "the focus will be on the continuation of the implementation of the existing projects that are under implementation and ensuring their implementation." 

He added, "The recovery of oil prices and the presence of good revenues will cover the deficit, and as a result, it will reflect positively on the investment side in ensuring the implementation of government investment projects, whether they are implemented by ministries or by local governments in the provinces."

Al-Hindawi pointed out that "there are a large number of projects under implementation, of which there are no less than 6,000 projects," noting that "these projects include many sectors of development, whether related to services, infrastructure and strategic projects, as well as some of them within an investment program for ministries and others within Regional Development Program for the Governorates.

He stressed that "these projects are important and represent an important value for development and the economy, as they contribute to moving the wheel of development by providing job opportunities and by providing services to citizens."

The Ministry of Planning had suspended the implementation of projects within the 2020 budget after the drop in oil prices, so prices would rise again in 2021.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Theseus said:

However, trade between countries includes currencies and since Iraq does not have full autonomy over its currency, whether international or not, it does not meet the requirements of Article XII of the WTO Agreement.

Thanks for your explanation Theseus.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

Baghdad: Shaima Rashid

The previous Parliamentary Finance Committee denied the statements that talked about the expectation that the current year 2022 will be devoid of the budget due to the delay in Parliament and the absence of a government, and is likely to be approved in the month of next June.
The former member of the Finance Committee and the winning deputy for this session, Jamal Kougar, said in an interview with “Al-Sabah”: “The lack of a budget for this year is incorrect, and the issue is far from the constitutional timing, because without a budget it means that the new government will be a (caretaker) government. It will not implement its government program, and if it does not implement it, it means that a quarter of its life has gone without implementing its government program,” he said, expecting that “the 2022 budget will be approved in next June.”
He added that "this year's budget will not contain anything new and will not differ from the previous one and will be similar to others, because the new government will not have room for creativity and the old government is the one who set the budget."
Regarding the Cabinet’s decision to create job grades, Cougar stated that “the funds for these grades are supposed to be included in the 2022 budget, but if the installation is according to (deletion and creation), it is possible, but any new installation is not possible.”
He explained that "according to the statements of the Minister of Finance that Iraq will lay off its employees after ten years, this means that the numbers are large, and according to international standards, the number of employees in Iraq is eight times the rest of the countries."
  • Thanks 3

New reassurance about employee salaries and an expectation about the dollar exchange rate

{Economic: Al Furat News} A financial official reassured, on Monday, about compromising the salaries of employees in terms of reducing or imposing taxes.

And the former director of the Office of Financial Supervision, Salah Nuri, told Al-Furat News that: "Until this moment, and by reviewing the draft 2022 budget and the economic situation, there will be no prejudice to the salaries of employees in terms of reducing, reducing or imposing taxes."
Nouri promised "the issue of salaries is one of the constants," noting that "the dollar's exchange rate will not change and it will remain as it is."
Al-Nouri had announced via {Euphrates News} that the 1/12 system of the 2021 budget for the disbursement of funds will enter into force in the country last Saturday.
He stressed, that the salaries will be paid continuously and without delay, and the service projects that Iraq needs on a daily basis, such as the ruling expenses, and 1/12 of the allocated amounts.
And the exchange rates of the US dollar against the Iraqi dinar recorded, on Monday, on the Al-Kifah and Al-Harithiya Central Stock Exchange in Baghdad, 147,900 Iraqi dinars, compared to 100 US dollars.

• Thanks 4