Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A {final} meeting between Al-Sadr and Al-Amiri

yota691

'Saving the Country' alliance announces the presidency and PM candidates

• Today, 20:36
+A -A

INA - BAGHDAD 

Saving the Country alliance announced on Wednesday, the candidates for the presidency and Prime Minister.

”The most numerous alliance ”Saving the Country” announces the candidacy of Reber Ahmed for the presidency and Muhammad Jaafar Muhammad Baqir al-Sadr for the post of Prime Minister,” said the head of the Sadrist bloc affiliated with the alliance, Hassan al-Adhari, during a press conference followed by the Iraqi News Agency - INA.

He added, "The alliance is proceeding with the formation of the national majority government and pledges to complete the reform process and serve the people via a clear and transparent government program in a manner that guarantees its prestige, dignity and independence without foreign interference and for the law to prevail away from violence and under the flag of the country,”

The Alliance includes the Sadrist bloc, Kurdistan Democratic Party, and the Siyada Alliance.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Al-Sadr tweets about the "largest bloc" and the presidential candidates

Wednesday 23 March 2022 - 18:15

[[article_title_text]]
(Alsumaria News) - The leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, commented today, Wednesday, on the announcement of the "Save the Homeland" coalition, the largest bloc, as well as its presentation of candidates for the presidency and ministers.

Al-Sadr said in a tweet via Twitter, "As I congratulate the Iraqi people for announcing the most numerous bloc and announcing the candidates for the presidency and the presidency of the Council of Ministers through (the national space), I consider this a unique and important achievement to save the country... I hope to complete the formation of a national majority government without procrastination or delay ".

He added, "Also, all my hope is that a government will be able to advance the bitter reality, with a clear government program, and with time limits acceptable to the people. I will not remain idly by if the previous tragedy recurs, even if it is from those who wish me as well as others. I am with the people only to please my Lord and my conscience." I will not deviate from reform and the prestige of the country."

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 1

PM:10:01:23/03/2022

SULAIMANI — The leader of the Sadrist Movement, Shia cleric Muqtada al-Sadr, announced his congratulations over the formation of the new "Saving the Homeland” alliance and the tripartite alliance’s candidates for president of the republic and prime minister of Iraq on Wednesday (March 23) in a twitter post.

"I congratulate the Iraqi people for the announcement of the largest bloc and the news of the candidates for the presidency of the Council of Ministers,” Sadr announced.

Sadr stated the move was a unique step forward and that he hoped the national majority government would form with no delay.

The Shia cleric said he hoped the national majority government would be an administration capable of coming through the challenging situation facing Iraq and for the country to rise again with a clear government program for a set period in time that would be acceptable to the public.

"I will not stand by if the previous tragedy is repeated, even if it comes from someone in my party or in others,” Sadr stated. "I am with the people only, this is to please God and my conscience, and I will not deviate from reform and the prestige of the nation.”

The leader of the Sadrist fraction in the Iraqi Parliament, Hassan al-Azari, announced earlier on Wednesday the tripartite alliance between the Sadrist Movement, the Sunni Muslim al-Siyada Coalition and the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) have nominated Rebar Ahmed as a candidate for the president of the republic and Jafaar al-Sadr as prime minister.

(NRT Digital Media)

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Muqtada al-Sadr exchanges congratulations with Masoud Barzani, al-Halbousi and Khamis al-Khanjar by announcing the most numerous bloc
Iraq

Muqtada al-Sadr exchanges congratulations with Masoud Barzani, al-Halbousi and Khamis al-Khanjar by announcing the most numerous bloc

Wednesday, March 23, 2022 9:11 PM

The National News Center/NNC/
The leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, congratulated, on Wednesday evening, the announcement of the most numerous bloc and the presidential candidates and ministers.

Prior to that, the Triple Alliance, which includes the Sadrist bloc, the Sovereignty Alliance and the Kurdistan Democratic Party, announced, on Wednesday, the formation of an umbrella bloc under the name “Save a Homeland.”

The coalition officially nominated Reaper Ahmed for the post of President of the Republic, and Jaafar Muhammad Baqir al-Sadr for the post of Prime Minister of the new government.

Al-Sadr wrote a tweet via Twitter, followed by IQNEWS: "As I congratulate the Iraqi people for the announcement of the most numerous bloc and the announcement of the candidates for the presidency and the presidency of the Council of Ministers through (the national space), I consider this a unique and important achievement to save the country."

Al-Sadr expressed his hope, saying: “I hope that the formation of a national majority government will be completed without procrastination and delay, and all my hope is that it will be a government capable of advancing the bitter reality and with a clear government program and time limits acceptable to the people.”

And he continued, "I will not remain idly by if the previous tragedy is repeated, even if that belongs to me, as well as others, because I am with the people only."
9764D962-E3B4-4D3B-9470-B156D207A0E7-265

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Informed sources: The tripartite alliance is close to achieving a two-thirds majority for Saturday's session

62347.jpg

News source / Iraq Today Agency

Baghdad - Iraq today:

Political sources from within the tripartite alliance, which consists of the Sadrist movement led by Muqtada al-Sadr, the “Sovereignty” alliance led by Khamis al-Khanjar, and the Kurdistan Democratic Party, led by Massoud Barzani, said that the alliance is close to ensuring the presence of two-thirds in the Iraqi parliament session to elect the president next Saturday. And the 220 out of 329 deputies in the Iraqi parliament.

The same sources confirmed that “surprises will occur at the level of representatives who will decide to participate in the session, in contrast to the positions of the heads of their blocs, and one of the sources said that” Iraq faces a great opportunity next Saturday to get out of the political sectarian retrenchment into a wider space, and the institutions and ministries of the state and the judiciary will have an opportunity to be more independent They have progressed at the level of finding solutions to the problems that haunt Iraq for nearly two decades,” he said.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the articles 6ly410, it appears Al-Maliki got what he wanted. Just wondering what Al-Sadr had to give up to get everyone on board. 
I don’t care who the president or PM is as long as they want to RV their currency….

• Thanks 1
  • Pow! 1

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region - A key member of the Coordination Framework has challenged the tripartite alliance’s claim to be the largest bloc on Wednesday, as the alliance’s leaders exchanged congratulations on the phone following the announcement of the president and prime minister nominees.

The alliance between the Sadrist bloc, the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP), and the Sunni Sovereignty Alliance on Wednesday announced their nominations of the KDP’s Reber Ahmed for the Iraqi presidency and the Sadrist Mohammad Jaafar al-Sadr for the position of Iraq’s prime minister.

Following the announcement, Shiite cleric and leader of the Sadrist bloc Muqtada al-Sadr, released a statement congratulating the Iraqi people for the nomination of both candidates, calling it a “unique and important achievement for saving the homeland.” The statement from Sadr referred to their current alliance with the KDP and the Sunnis as “the largest parliamentary bloc.”

The Coordination Framework, a pro-Iran Shiite parliamentary faction consisting of over 100 MPs, persists in pushing for a government based on political consensus, an idea repeatedly opposed by the Sadrist bloc, who seek the formation of a majority government with their allies in the tripartite alliance.

Leader of the State of Law Coalition Nouri al-Maliki rejected Sadr’s claim to have the largest bloc, stating that “The Coordination Framework is the largest bloc,” in an interview with his own TV channel on Wednesday.

The Iraqi parliament is set to elect a president of the republic on Saturday, with the KDP’s Ahmed competing against the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK)’s Barham Salih. Concerns regarding the session not being able to reach the legal quorum have been raised, as the Coordination Framework intends on boycotting the parliamentary meeting.

“It is impossible for the other side [Save the Homeland Alliance] to gather 220 MPs for the presidential election session,” stated Maliki, confident that the legal quorum will not be reached.

“If Saturday’s session is not held, the tripartite alliance will be forced to hold negotiations in order to reach an understanding with the Coordination Framework,” he added.

“Resolving political inconveniences can only be done according to constitutional judgment and no side, judicial or otherwise, is permitted to mandate a solution for a case of political stalemate unless it is according to the judgments of the constitution,” read a statement from the Supreme Judicial Council on Tuesday, explaining that there is no constitutional or legal clause that permits any side to dissolve the parliament, aside from the mechanisms articulated in article 64 of the constitution, which requires an absolute majority to carry out that procedure. 

According to the constitution, the president of Iraq shall be elected by the parliament by a two-thirds majority of the number of its members.

“If none of the candidates receive the required majority vote then the two candidates who received the highest number of votes shall compete and the one who receives the majority of votes in the second election shall be declared President,” the constitution specifies.

Following the announcement of the nominees, Sadr spoke on the phone with leader of the KDP Masoud Barzani, with the two exchanging congratulations regarding “the declaration of the largest parliamentary bloc” and the announcement of the nominees for Iraq’s top political positions.

Sadr also spoke with Speaker of parliament Mohammed al-Halbousi and leader of the Sunni Sovereignty Alliance Khamis al-Khanjar, and congratulated them on this “national achievement,” according to a statement from Sadr’s office.

Jaafar, the tripartite alliance nominee, released a statement welcoming his nomination for the prime minister position, saying that he was “honored to be a nominee for an alliance that represents the nation with all its spectrums.”

“Let’s work together to restore the country that all the countrymen of my precious country aspire to,” Jaafar’s statement added.

The tripartite alliance’s nominee for the presidency, Reber Ahmed, expressed his gratitude for the nomination, stating that he was “honored to have gained the trust of the Save the Homeland Alliance.”

“I pledge to work to consolidate the foundations of a modern institutional state that meets the aspirations of citizens,” read Ahmed’s statement.

By Chenar Chalak

• Thanks 1

website.jpg.41a3beb22f96c03f717cf31c39a4fc72.jpg

03/24/2022 00:48

Analysis: Announcing the "Save a Homeland" is a larger bloc... a break in the balance and a Sunni-Kurdish attack on the Shiites

Baghdad/The Obelisk: Muhammad Sadiq Al-Hashemi wrote: 

About the Declaration of the Alliance to Save a Homeland as (the largest bloc)!

1- This announcement did not surprise us, as it was formed practically from the date of the first session.

2- If this coalition is able to gather (220) deputies, then it has the constitutional ability to elect the President of the Republic, but if it is not in this number: (a majority of two-thirds of the members of the House of Representatives); He has no constitutional power.

3- This coalition was not able to announce the number of its deputies, otherwise it would have announced it with names and signatures now, but it seems that it was unable to break the challenge that requires (220) deputies.

4- There is no value for what happens before the session of electing the President of the Republic, on Saturday 26/3; The coalition that cannot hold this session cannot form a government, and talking about alliances before that is a luxury of words and nothing more.

5- This announcement may have been made in an attempt to bolster and raise the demoralized spirit. Because the call and the hope that Mr. Muqtada made to the independents yesterday did not stir their feelings, but rather the bulk of them announced not to join the tripartite alliance.

6- The announcement was issued before the broadcast of the meeting of Mr. Al-Maliki (leader of the State of Law coalition) on the Afaq satellite channel with the able journalist Dr. Hussein Riad today at nine o’clock, and it is an attempt to draw attention from what Mr. Al-Maliki, known for his strong speech and his stirrings that raise the morale of the masses and his allies, will announce.

7- Mr. Muqtada has now declared that this alliance is (the largest bloc), and this - if it happens - is a breach of balances and agreements, an attack by Sunnis and Kurds against the Shiites, and opening the door to various battles, and we do not call for that, but international and regional equations will impose that. I mean, this is math.

8- If this alliance succeeds in forming the government, it will not last more than (six months) at its best, and it will raise confidence between the Shiites and the greater part of the Sunnis, as well as there is no trust or cooperation with the Kurdistan Democratic Party, and we do not encourage that, but this step is an introduction that leads necessarily to that result.

9- This alliance is an anomaly and a strange protrusion, deviating from the equations of West Asia, and it is clinically dead in its infancy, and the last breaths of oxygen do not benefit it.

Note:
There is no article in the constitution that mentions the name (the largest bloc)! Rather, the name mentioned is: (The Parliamentary Bloc, the most numerous) Declaration of the Alliance to Save a Homeland

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, 6ly410 said:

1647112822385.jpg

Jaafar al-Sadr in his first comment after his nomination: We will work to restore the state

2022-03-24 09:21

Shafaq News/ "Jaafar al-Sadr", the candidate of the tripartite coalition to head the next Iraqi government, made his first statement today, Wednesday, after announcing his official candidacy for the position, stressing the work to "restore the state."

Jaafar al-Sadr wrote a tweet to him through his official account on Twitter, "I am honored to be a candidate for a coalition that represents the country in all its sects." "Let us work together to restore the state that all my dear countrymen aspire to."

Earlier today, Wednesday, the Kurdistan Democratic Party, the Sadrist Bloc and the Sovereignty Coalition announced the formation of the "Save the Parliamentary Homeland" coalition, while presenting "Reber Ahmed" as a candidate for the post of President of the Republic and "Jaafar al-Sadr" for prime minister.

The leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, promised the Tripartite Alliance, the largest bloc and its candidates for the presidency and ministers, "a unique and important achievement," and warned that "it will not stand idly by."

While the leader of the State of Law coalition, Nuri al-Maliki, expressed a "challenge" about that, saying, "It is impossible for the other party to gather 220 deputies" to announce the largest bloc.

Restore the State?   Restore the exchange rate back to $3.22+++.  

• Like 1
  • Pow! 1

9 hours ago, yota691 said:

The coordination framework sets a condition for attending the session of selecting the president of Iraq

851 Policy 2022/03/23 17:28 if Baghdad today -

Baghdad Today, Wednesday, the coordination framework, which includes Shiite political forces, revealed its condition for attending the parliament session dedicated to voting on the President of the Republic. The representative of the framework, Aref Al-Hamami, told (Baghdad Today) that "the only condition for the coordination framework to attend the parliament session designated to vote on the President of the Republic is the formation of the largest bloc between the framework and the Sadrist movement and announcing this officially during the parliament session." And Al-Hamami said, "After announcing the formation of the largest bloc, there will be understandings between the framework and the current, within the same bloc, on choosing the prime minister and the entire process of forming the new Iraqi government, and other than achieving this condition, we will not participate in the session, and this decision is irreversible."

Little baby.  Take your ball and run home to Iran. 

• Pow! 3

After his candidacy for the presidency, Riber Ahmed pledges to "install the foundations of an institutional state that meets the aspirations of Iraqis."

Posted 1 minute ago

news source /first news agency
IMG_20220323_230114_817.jpg

Reber Ahmed: I was honored today to win the confidence of the “Save the Nation” coalition by naming me a candidate for the post of President of the Republic, pledging to work to consolidate the foundations of a modern institutional state that meets the aspirations of citizens

• Upvote 2

Biography of the "Save the Homeland" coalition candidate for the post of Prime Minister Muhammad Jaafar al-Sadr

IMG_20220323_234940_614-810x810.jpg

News source / First News Agency

Muhammad Jaafar is the son of the thinker Muhammad Baqir al-Sadr. He was born in Najaf in 1970 AD. He is the only son with five daughters. He now has a son and three daughters.

He completed his university studies at the University of Baghdad, then returned to Najaf for jurisprudence studies, then left Iraq in 1998, to Iran, and returned to Baghdad after the fall of the previous regime in 2003.

Muhammad Jaafar is not a member of any political party, and considers religiosity a personal matter. He says I support the state that respects the heritage, traditions and beliefs of the people.

Positions and positions held:

1 Permanent Representative of the Republic of Iraq to the International Maritime Organization (IMO) since February 2020.

2 Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Embassy of the Republic of Iraq to the United Kingdom since October 2019.

Ambassador in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Iraq - Head of the International Organizations and Conferences Department, April 2019-October 2019.

4 Winner for membership of the House of Representatives for the 2010 session.

5 Adviser to the President of the Republic of Iraq 2009.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

The Patriotic Kurdistan bloc sets a condition for participation in the presidential election session

Posted 1 minute ago
IMG_20220324_000914_624-810x562.jpg

The Patriotic Union of Kurdistan bloc in the Iraqi parliament has set a condition for participating in the special parliamentary session to elect the president of the republic, which is scheduled to be held next Saturday.

The head of the bloc, Harim Kamal Agha, said, “If the Shiite parties do not reach an agreement before the March 26 session, they will not participate in the next parliamentary session to elect the president of the republic.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, 6ly410 said:

The Patriotic Kurdistan bloc sets a condition for participation in the presidential election session

Posted 1 minute ago
IMG_20220324_000914_624-810x562.jpg

The Patriotic Union of Kurdistan bloc in the Iraqi parliament has set a condition for participating in the special parliamentary session to elect the president of the republic, which is scheduled to be held next Saturday.

The head of the bloc, Harim Kamal Agha, said, “If the Shiite parties do not reach an agreement before the March 26 session, they will not participate in the next parliamentary session to elect the president of the republic.

They look like they are on death row!

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

ERBIL, Kurdistan Region - Iraq's two biggest parliamentary alliances: Save the Homeland Alliance and the Coordination Framework are at loggerheads over the position of president of Iraq as Saturday, March 26th is set as the date when parliament will convene to elect a new president. However, the Coordination Framework's threats of boycotting the session have cast a shadow of uncertainty over its success.

The tripartite alliance between the Sadrist Movement, the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP), and the Sunni Sovereignty Alliance on Wednesday announced their nomination for the Iraqi presidency, selecting the KDP's Reber Ahmed.

Before calls from influential Shiite cleric and head of the Sadrist bloc Muqtada al-Sadr for independent MPs to attend Saturday's session, the Save the Homeland Alliance had 178 seats. Around 50 independent MPs and other coalitions will also attend the session, according to a Sadrist MP, raising the total number of attendees to 230, exceeding the required 220 MPs to commence the session.

Sherwan Dubardani, a KDP MP, told Rudaw that the 220 MPs required to complete the legal quorum for Saturday's session have been guaranteed.

However, many MPs are doubtful of the success of the upcoming session. "Saturday's session requires the presence of two-thirds of members of the House of Representatives, as the Federal Supreme Court decided, and this number is very difficult if there is no agreement and understanding in the next two days," Salam al-Zubaidi, an MP of the Victory Alliance, which is part of the Coordination Framework, told Rudaw on Thursday.

The Coordination Framework, a pro-Iran Shiite parliamentary faction consisting of over 100 MPs, have expressed their intention to boycott the session, as they persist in attempts to form a government based on political consensus, one that opposes a "national majority government" wanted by Sadr.

Leader of the State of Law Coalition Nouri al-Maliki rejected Sadr's claim to have the largest bloc, sayingthat "the Coordination Framework is the largest bloc," in an interview with his own TV channel on Wednesday. "If Saturday's session is not held, the tripartite alliance will be forced to hold negotiations in order to reach an understanding with the Coordination Framework," he added.

Ahmed, the tripartite alliance's nominee for the presidency, expressed his gratitude for the nomination, stating that he was "honored to have gained the trust of the Save the Homeland Alliance."

"I pledge to work to consolidate the foundations of a modern institutional state that meets the aspirations of citizens," read Ahmed's statement.
If the legal quorum of 220 MPs present in Saturday's vote for president is reached, the session's legitimacy will not be dependent on the presence of the Coordination Framework and the PUK.

Plans of a united Kurdish front in Baghdad failed to come to fruition after the KDP made agreements with the Sadrists and the Sunni Taqadum coalition, a move that the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUK) considers to be a disadvantage for Kurds.

Iraq held snap elections on October 10. The vote was called in response to mass protest in the country beginning in October 2019, caused by widespread dissatisfaction with Iraq's politicians and endemic corruption in the country.

• Thanks 2

Al-Sadr announces the formation of the “Save the Homeland” coalition: a unique and important achievement

Baghdad - people   

On Wednesday, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, considered the announcement of the most numerous bloc and the nomination of presidential and ministerial candidates as a "unique and important achievement."  

Al-Sadr said in a post on "Twitter" followed by "Nass" (March 23, 2022): "I congratulate the Iraqi people for the announcement of the most numerous bloc and the announcement of the candidates for the presidency and the presidency of the Council of Ministers through (national space)."  

He added, "I consider this a unique and important achievement to save the country... I wish to complete the formation of a national majority government without procrastination."  

He continued: "Also, all my hope is that a government will be able to advance the bitter reality and with a clear program and time limits acceptable to the people, and I will not remain idly by if the previous tragedy is repeated, even if that belongs to me, as well as others, I am with the people only, to satisfy My Lord and my conscience, and I will not deviate from reform and the prestige of the homeland, and God is the guardian of success.”  

me_ga.php?id=34552  

Earlier, Hassan Al-Adhari, head of the Sadrist bloc, announced the formation of the "Save the Homeland" coalition, considering it the most numerous.   

According to a press conference by Al-Adhari, which was watched by "Nass" (March 23, 2022), the new coalition nominated Reaper Ahmed for the presidency and Muhammad Jaafar Al-Sadr for prime minister, while the coalition will move towards forming a government of the national majority.   

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hoshyar Zebari: A party will use all its tools to distort the Triple Alliance

Baghdad - people   

The leader of the Kurdistan Democratic Party, Hoshyar Zebari, said, on Wednesday, that there is a party that "will harness" all its tools to distort the tripartite alliance.  

Zebari wrote in a blog post, followed by "Nass" (March 23, 2022), that "today's press conference of the Triple Alliance proved its cohesion and commitment to the agreement to nominate the Kurdistan Democratic Party's candidate for the presidency and the Sadrist movement's candidate for prime minister to save the political and electoral process . "  

He added, "The opposition party will use all its media and judicial tools to slow down and distort the process . "

The leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, promised earlier, the announcement of the most numerous bloc and the nomination of presidential candidates and ministers, "a unique and important achievement."  

Al-Sadr said in a tweet on "Twitter" followed by "Nass" (March 23, 2022): "I congratulate the Iraqi people for the announcement of the most numerous bloc and the announcement of the candidates for the presidency and the presidency of the Council of Ministers through (national space)."    

He added, "I consider this a unique and important achievement to save the country... I wish to complete the formation of a national majority government without procrastination."    

He continued: "Also, all my hope is that a government will be able to advance the bitter reality and with a clear program and time limits acceptable to the people, and I will not remain idly by if the previous tragedy is repeated, even if that belongs to me, as well as others, I am with the people only, to satisfy My Lord and my conscience, and I will not deviate from reform and the prestige of the homeland, and God is the guardian of success.”    

me_ga.php?id=34552  

Earlier, Hassan Al-Adhari, head of the Sadrist bloc, announced the formation of the "Save the Homeland" coalition, considering it the most numerous.   

According to a press conference by Al-Adhari, which was watched by "Nass" (March 23, 2022), the new coalition nominated Reaper Ahmed for the presidency and Muhammad Jaafar Al-Sadr for prime minister, while the coalition will move towards forming a government of the national majority.     

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1