Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliament awaits its second session

yota691

Parliamentary move to summon Al-Kazemi under the dome of the House of Representatives regarding the dollar

379 Policy 2022/02/18 17:14 Baghdad today -

Baghdad The head of the Sadiqoun bloc, Adnan Faihan Al-Dulaimi, confirmed today, Friday, the existence of a parliamentary move to summon the Prime Minister, Mustafa Al-Kazemi, under the dome of the House of Representatives regarding dollar prices. Below is the text of Al-Dulaimi's tweet:

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, yota691 said:

He stressed "the importance of leaving political differences aside and unifying positions among all, and that the political forces stand side by side to do justice to the citizen and restore the exchange rate to its previous era 

Come on iraq. No more fight over political differences and get it done ASAP. We , dinar investors and iraqi citizens, are waiting for you to make a peace and then return the rate to previous era ASAP.

• Upvote 1

Iraqi markets enter a state of anticipation after news of the imminent reduction of the dollar price

economy  ,   2022/02/18 18:39 

61352.jpg?watermark=4&_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_sch=http

http://iraqtoday.com/ar/news/60089/الأسواق_العراقية_تدخل_في_حالة_ترقب_بعد_الانباء_عن_قرب_خفض_سعر_الدولار

Baghdad - Iraq today:

During the past two days, the Iraqi markets witnessed a state of anticipation and a halt in large commercial activity, with the escalation of talk about the imminent adoption of a parliamentary decision, to reduce the value of the dollar against the Iraqi dinar.

Informed sources told (Iraq Today), that: “The recent movement was clearly reflected on the markets, but the dollar recorded a slight decrease during the past 24 hours, and while waiting for the truth of the political and parliamentary movement to be revealed, a state of stagnation and paralysis may prevail in the markets.” local for fear of big speculation.

While the sources suggested, “a partial reduction of the dollar will take place, and it will not return to before December 2020, but the exchange rate will remain at an acceptable level from government and financial agencies, and will also reflect positively on the simple citizen who has begun to live in a state of anxiety due to the irrational rise in prices.” ".

For his part, Member of Parliament, Representative Ahmed Al-Rubaie, confirmed today, Friday, that there is support and a move to reduce the price of the dollar, while calling for investing in oil prices and providing job opportunities.

Al-Rubaie said, "Some members of Parliament are demanding a reduction in the price of the dollar and a return to its previous state, especially after the rise in oil prices, which reached nearly $95 a barrel," noting that "there is a serious directive from many members of Parliament to reduce the value of the dollar after the price hike." .

He added that "the rise in the value of the dollar greatly affected all matters, especially on the poor," expressing his hope that "the political blocs support this decision to reduce the price of the dollar and support this public demand, as there is a great interaction by members of the House of Representatives in this direction."

He stressed the importance of investing in the rise in oil prices to alleviate the suffering of citizens in investment issues that concern the country and its future and to provide job opportunities for many unemployed youth

• Thanks 1

2022-02-18 08:37

Shafaq News/ The currency market in the city of Sulaymaniyah on Friday urged residents not to sell the hard currency, the dollar, in their possession at a cheap price.

The market sent a message to the residents, saying, "It is better to take caution and not sell your dollars at a cheap price until the morning of the next day of the Iraqi parliament meeting to see what will happen."

According to the letter, "the market is unstable and prices are unreasonable."

On Thursday, the Presidency of the Iraqi Parliament announced that it had summoned Finance Minister Ali Allawi and Central Bank Governor Mustafa Ghaleb to come to the parliament building "immediately" tomorrow, Saturday.

The Presidency stated, in a brief statement, that the summoning of financial officials came as a "response" to the directives of the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr.

On Thursday, Al-Sadr presented six proposals regarding the exchange rate of the dollar against the Iraqi dinar, including summoning the Minister of Finance, Ali Allawi, and the governor of the Central Bank, Mustafa Ghaleb, immediately.

Al-Sadr's proposals included, "strongly stopping currency smuggling, looking into the matter of some banks (such as Al-Sharq Al-Awsat, Al-Qabd, and Al-Ansari) belonging to some people who control the currency, and other private banks, and dealing firmly with banks belonging to some of the parties controlling the country and people."

In addition, Al-Sadr urged "to organize the Iraqi currency market centrally and in a correct manner, by enacting some laws that increase the value of the dinar exchange rate."

It is noteworthy that the annual inflation in Iraq rose significantly after raising the exchange rate of the dollar against the dinar in the 2021 budget, to equal every 100 dollars 145 thousand dinars, after it was 121 thousand.

It is worth noting that all the prices of materials and commodities in the Iraqi market witnessed a significant increase, in conjunction with the devaluation of the dinar, which sparked a wave of strong resentment among the popular circles, as well as the objections of some interested in economic affairs

• Thanks 1

Rejecting his invitation to Parliament by Al-Sadr .. The Minister of Finance sends a letter to the Prime Minister

Posted 15 seconds ago
news source /Mawazine News
151822022_640.jpg

News source / Mawazine News
06:36 – 18/02/2022

Baghdad - Mawazine News

On Friday, Finance Minister Ali Abdul-Amir Allawi sent a message to Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi, following the tweet of the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada Al-Sadr, regarding the dollar exchange rate, while stressing his refusal to be summoned by the First Deputy Speaker of Parliament, Hakim Al-Zamili.
Allawi said, in his 21-point message, and Mawazine News received a copy of it, the following:
1- I received a summons from the Deputy Speaker of Parliament to appear before him to discuss the exchange rate. This came as soon as Muqtada al-Sadr tweeted, asking me to appear before Parliament to discuss the exchange rate.
2- The summoning of the Deputy Speaker of Parliament came as a result of the tweet of Mr. Muqtada, the leader of the Sadrist movement, to which the Deputy Speaker of Parliament belongs.
3- The entire process is unacceptable and should not be tolerated, whether for the dignity of the government, my dignity as a minister, or my personal dignity and the dignity of my family.
4- First. This government is not accountable to any political party. It is only answerable to the Iraqi people through its elected parliament.
5- If, as a government, we do not reject these nefarious interferences in the function of government by political parties, we may cede the independence of the government as the executive arm of the state. And here comes the question of determining the role of the government, whether it represents the people or an executive arm of political parties.
6- I categorically reject the summons of the Vice-President of the House of Representatives because they are outside his powers. I also completely reject government running through tweets from political leaders.
7- I am a minister in a sovereign ministry. I worked in very difficult circumstances for nearly two years. I believe I have succeeded in managing the finances of the country, nurturing the economy towards a degree of safety. 
8- I had to make many difficult decisions, including my strong call for an exchange rate adjustment. The decision was supported by the international community, the Council of Ministers, the Central Bank of Iraq and political parties in two separate meetings with their leadership, which was approved by the House of Representatives in February 2021. I made it clear that the costs of adjusting the currency would be immediate; But the benefits will appear in the medium and long term. 
9- In order to protect the poor, a huge increase for the poor and vulnerable has been included in the 2021 budget, amounting to nearly 3 trillion Iraqi dinars to be disbursed through the Ministry of Labor. This unfortunately was curtailed by the House of Representatives in the final budget.
10- After a year we can evaluate the benefits of the exchange rate adjustment, which are very real. But the politicization of the exchange rate, making it responsible for high prices.
11- (High prices) This is a deliberate lie and the people should be aware of it. International prices for all goods and freight have risen dramatically in the past year. 
12- Wheat, cooking oil, sugar and fertilizer multiplied many times over. This is about the collapse of the global supply chain and not anything about exchange rate adjustment. Instead of focusing on the real reason for the price hike, people are being fed nonsense about the exchange rate as the source of the cost of living increase we have seen over the past year. 
13- I am ready to defend my position and my economic and financial policy before the House of Representatives as a whole and not in front of a particular parliamentary faction.
14- I demand the exercise of my rights under the Iraqi constitution, and I seek a vote of confidence in me by the House of Representatives. I have this right under Article 61/8 of the Constitution. “It is not permissible to raise the issue of confidence in a minister except upon his request or upon a request signed by fifty members….”
15- I will write to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and ask him to take this vote of confidence early. I will also ask him to give me one hour to explain my policies to the House before the vote takes place.
16- Since I was in the government, I have been subjected to a barrage of attacks and personal slanders both in social media and by politicians and some who call themselves analysts and media commentators. I have ignored all this mischief because it is based on lies or slander or ignorance
17- When the leader of a great political party treats me lightly as one of his followers, I must reject it completely. I know that the Sadrists voted for me when I was first nominated for the position of Minister of Finance, and they have stood by me through many crises including defending the exchange rate adjustment. I freely admit this, but this does not give them the right to address me as a servant at their request and invitation.
18- Attacks continue my family. I don't brag about my family lineage. But my family has given so much to this country. We have been citizens of Baghdad for hundreds of years. As the Allawi family, we have provided more ministers to Iraqi governments since independence than any other family. Six ministers and one prime minister. If we include the families close to us, Chalabi, the number will rise with four more ministers and one deputy prime minister. My great uncle Hussein Allawi signed a petition to bring Faisal I to Iraq.
19- Our family is completely Iraqi. We do not differentiate between Shiites and Sunnis, Christians and Yazidis. We do not differentiate between an Arab, a Kurd or a Turkmen. In my personal entourage, I am guarded by the Kurds, my personal secretary is among the Sunni brothers, and my personal office in the ministry is headed by a Shiite woman of high religious principles. We are not talking about diversity.
20- We have been supporters of the reference for centuries, and we respect the great religious families with the highest degree of esteem, and no member of my family has been contaminated with corruption or wrongdoing. They were motivated by real service with no concern for reward or benefit. I hope I have continued in this long approach. 
21- We will not abandon this country in the face of bullying, pressure or threats. We have always stood against tyranny in any form or kind, and we will continue to do so.
Yesterday, Thursday, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, presented six proposals regarding the dollar exchange rate, including summoning the Minister of Finance and the Governor of the Central Bank immediately under the dome of Parliament. Ended 29/R77

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 6ly410 said:
Shafaq News/ The currency market in the city of Sulaymaniyah on Friday urged residents not to sell the hard currency, the dollar, in their possession at a cheap price.

The market sent a message to the residents, saying, "It is better to take caution and not sell your dollars at a cheap price until the morning of the next day of the Iraqi parliament meeting to see what will happen."

Yep. And we as dinar investors surely won't sell our dinars either and wait until the result of the meeting comes out.

• Upvote 3

website.jpg.d639aae9bccf116f0b5ab0b9d61b7e54.jpg

02/18/2022 17:07

Finance Minister Ali Allawi sends a strong message to Al-Kazemi regarding his summons to Parliament

https://almasalah.com/ar/news/222394/وزير-المالية-علي-علاوي-يرسل-رسالة-شديدة-المضامين-الى-الكاظمي-بخصوص-استدعائه--للبرلمان

Baghdad / Obelisk: On Friday, February 18, 2022, Minister of Finance Ali Abdul-Amir Allawi sent a letter to Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi, regarding his summons to Parliament.

The obelisk publishes the text of the message

Yesterday evening, I received a summons from the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives to appear before him on Saturday to discuss the exchange rate. This came as soon as Muqtada al-Sadr tweeted, asking me to appear directly before Parliament to discuss the exchange rate. It is clear, then, that the summoning of the deputy speaker of parliament came as a result of the tweet of Sayyid Muqtada, the leader of the Sadrist movement, to which the deputy speaker of parliament belongs.

I find the whole process unacceptable and should not be tolerated, whether for the dignity of the government, my dignity as a minister, or my personal dignity and the dignity of my family. I think it necessary to make the following points:

First. This government is not accountable to any political party. It is only answerable to the Iraqi people through its elected parliament. If we, as a government, do not reject these nefarious interferences in the function of government by political parties, we may cede the independence of the government as the executive arm of the state. Here comes the question of determining the role of the government, whether it represents the people or an executive arm of political parties.

Therefore, I categorically reject the summons of the Vice President of the House of Representatives, because it is clear that they are outside his powers. I also completely reject government running through tweets from political leaders, regardless of their popularity and stature.

Second, I am a minister in a sovereign ministry. I have worked under very difficult conditions for nearly two years. I believe I have successfully managed the country's finances, nurturing the economy toward a degree of safety. In the process, I had to make many difficult decisions, including my strong call for an exchange rate adjustment. However, this decision was simply not made. The resolution was supported by the international community, the Council of Ministers, the Central Bank of Iraq and political parties in two separate meetings with their leadership. It was explicitly mentioned in the 2021 budget, which was approved by the House of Representatives in February 2021.

You made it clear that the costs of currency adjustment would be immediate; But the benefits will appear in the medium and long term.

In order to protect the poor, a huge increase for the poor and vulnerable was included in the 2021 budget, amounting to nearly 3 trillion Iraqi dinars to be disbursed through the Ministry of Labor. This unfortunately was curtailed by the House of Representatives in the final budget.

A year later, we can now evaluate the benefits of an exchange rate adjustment, which are very real.

But what we have now is the politicization of the exchange rate, making it responsible for higher prices. This is a deliberate lie and the people should be aware of it. International prices for all goods and freight have risen dramatically in the past year. Wheat, cooking oil, sugar and fertilizer multiplied many times over. This is about the collapse of the global supply chain and not anything about the exchange rate adjustment last year. Instead of focusing on the real reason for the price hike, people are being fed nonsense about the exchange rate as the source of the cost of living increase we have seen over the past year.

I am ready to defend my position and my economic and financial policy before the House of Representatives as a whole and not in front of a specific parliamentary faction.

Therefore, I demand the exercise of my rights under the Iraqi constitution, and I seek a vote of confidence in me from the House of Representatives. I have this right under Article 61/8 of the Constitution. “It is not permissible to raise the issue of confidence in a minister except upon his request or upon a request signed by fifty members....”

Today I will write to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and ask him to take this vote of confidence early. I will also ask him to give me one hour to explain my policies to the House before the vote takes place.

Third, since I have been in government, I have been subjected to a barrage of attacks and personal slanders both on social media and by politicians and some self-styled media analysts and commentators. I ignored the harm this could cause because it was based on obvious lies, slanders, ignorance or confusion. However, when the leader of a large political party treats me lightly as one of his followers, I must reject it outright. I know that the Sadrists voted for me when I was first nominated for the position of Minister of Finance, and they have stood by me through many crises including defending the exchange rate adjustment. I freely admit this, but this does not give them the right to address me as a servant at their request and invitation.

Finally, the constant attacks on me extended to affect my family. I don't brag about my family lineage. But my family has given so much to this country. We have been citizens of Baghdad for hundreds of years. As the Allawi family, we have provided more ministers to Iraqi governments since independence than any other family. Six ministers and one prime minister. If we include the families close to us, Chalabi, the number will rise with four more ministers and one deputy prime minister. My great uncle Hussein Allawi signed a petition to bring Faisal I to Iraq. Our family is entirely Iraqi. We do not differentiate between Shiites and Sunnis, Christians and Yazidis. We do not differentiate between an Arab, a Kurd or a Turkmen. In my personal entourage, I am guarded by the Kurds, my personal secretary is among the Sunni brothers, and my personal office in the ministry is headed by a Shiite woman of high religious principles. We are not talking about diversity. We live it.

We have been supporters of the Marja'iya for centuries, and we hold our great religious families in the highest esteem.

No member of my family has been contaminated with corruption or wrongdoing. They were motivated by real service with no concern for reward or benefit. I hope I have continued in this long approach.

We will not abandon this country in the face of bullying, pressure or threat. We have always stood against tyranny in any form or kind, and we will continue to do so.

With thanks and appreciation

Ali Haider Abdul Amir Allawi

• Upvote 2

Urgent parliamentary request to the government regarding the dollar exchange rate

2022-02-18 | 03:34
Urgent parliamentary request to the government regarding the dollar exchange rate

Today, Friday, a member of the House of Representatives, Hammam Al-Tamimi, called on the government to reduce the value of the dollar and raise the Iraqi dinar, without referring to Parliament.

Al-Tamimi said in an interview with Alsumaria News, "Determining the exchange rate of the dinar against the dollar is exclusively the prerogative of the government," calling on it to "reduce the exchange rate, especially after the rise in oil prices."

He added, "The rise in the exchange rate negatively and directly affected citizens with limited income."

• Upvote 2

The Iraqi parliament is considering re-pricing the dinar against the dollar

Markets
Baghdad
Zaid Salem
February 18, 2022
More than a year ago, the value of the dinar was devalued from 1200 to 1450 per dollar (AFP)
Tomorrow, Saturday, the Iraqi parliament will hold an extraordinary meeting with Finance Minister Ali Allawi and Central Bank Governor Mustafa Ghaleb, to discuss the exchange rate of the dinar against the dollar, and the possibility of returning it to its previous value that prevailed before the financial crisis, which prompted the government more than a year ago to reduce its value from 1200 dinars to 1450 dinars per dollar.
And the Parliament’s media department stated, in a statement, that “a meeting will be held under the chairmanship of the First Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives Hakim Al-Zamili with the Minister of Finance and the Governor of the Central Bank to discuss the dollar exchange rate .”
The parliament’s move comes hours after a statement by the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, in which he talked about the existence of manipulation in the file determining the value of the dinar and the dollar auction sponsored by the Central Bank
An Iraqi deputy, who preferred not to be named, told Al-Araby Al-Jadeed that "there is a set of questions that will be presented to the Minister of Finance and the Governor of the Central Bank, including the extent to which Iraq benefited at the previous time from the decision to reduce the value of the Iraqi dinar."
And he indicated that "the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, adopted the idea of meeting with officials in Parliament, because most parties accuse the Sadrist movement of being a major supporter of the step to devalue the dinar, which was taken by the Al-Kazemi government in December 2020 as part of the solutions to the financial crisis inside the country."
people's economy
Repercussions of the Iraqi dinar devaluation: Internet companies raise subscription prices
Yesterday, Thursday, Al-Sadr put forward several proposals regarding the exchange rate of the dollar in Iraq, in order to control the exchange rate and limit the negative repercussions of raising the value of foreign currency against the dollar, including stopping currency smuggling as well as forged invoices, "strongly and firmly."
He also called, in a handwritten statement, to "consider the matter of some banks, "such as the Middle East Bank Al-Qabd and Al-Ansari", owned by some people who control the currency, and some other private banks," calling for summoning both the director of the Central Bank and the Iraqi Minister of Finance to Parliament "immediately." ".
He suggested regulating the Iraqi currency market centrally in a correct manner, enacting some laws that increase the value of the Iraqi dinar exchange rate, as well as dealing "firmly" with some banks belonging to some of the controlling parties in the country.
For his part, the financial advisor to the Iraqi Prime Minister, Mazhar Muhammad Salih, stressed that the time has come for the fiscal policy to play its active and important role in addressing the side effects that resulted from changing the exchange rate and its effects on income, especially the poor and low-income classes being negatively affected by price failures without Compensation".
And the official news agency (INA) quoted Saleh as saying that "this aspect is directly related to the importance of reducing customs taxes in a tangible way on imported foodstuffs, pharmaceuticals and imported local production supplies, as well as restructuring government support for goods and services that directly affect the poor social classes."
Arab economy
Rising prices in Iraq: political competition for promises to curb inflation
He pointed out that "the most important thing is to start adopting employment policies for the unemployed and expanding the cash income space with additional and exceptional measures, leading to the employment of the unemployed in a tangible and comprehensive manner and creating sources of cash income that increase the welfare of society."
In turn, a member of the "Wisdom" movement, Muhammad al-Lakash, said that "the devaluation of the Iraqi dinar was a forced measure, in order to provide financial liquidity to the Iraqi treasury, and to provide the salaries of employees during the past year and a half, but those with limited income from non-employees were greatly affected."
In an interview with Al-Araby Al-Jadeed, he continued, "Iraq has emerged from its financial crisis, as the preventive measures against the Corona virus have declined, and oil prices have greatly recovered, therefore, it has become necessary to restore the price of the dollar to its previous value."
The Iraqi government had decided, in December 2020, to take a series of austerity measures that it had adopted to address its financial crisis to bridge the deficit in its budget, and in implementation of the terms of the “white paper” brought by Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi, including the devaluation of his local currency by 1450 dinars to the dollar after its stability for years at the threshold of 1200 dinars to the dollar.
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Allawi to Al-Kazemi after requesting a summons from Al-Zamili regarding the dollar: Where is my dignity?

Posted 29 seconds ago
news source /NR TV channel
182202215594.jpg

News source / NR TV channel
Today, Friday, the Minister of Finance, Ali Abdul-Amir Allawi, responded to a request to be summoned by the First Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hakim Al-Zamili under the dome of Parliament, considering it an outrageous and unacceptable interference that should not be tolerated, while confirming that he would seek a vote of confidence in him from the House of Representatives.

Allawi mentioned in a letter he addressed to Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi, which included 21 points, the following:-

1- I received a summons from the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives to appear before him to discuss the exchange rate. This came as soon as Muqtada al-Sadr tweeted, asking me to appear before Parliament to discuss the exchange rate.

2- The summoning of the Deputy Speaker of Parliament came as a result of the tweet of Mr. Muqtada, the leader of the Sadrist movement, to which the Deputy Speaker of Parliament belongs.

3- The entire process is not acceptable and should not be tolerated, whether for the dignity of the government, my dignity as a minister, or my personal dignity and the dignity of my family.

4- First. This government is not accountable to any political party. It is only answerable to the Iraqi people through its elected parliament.

5- If, as a government, we do not reject these nefarious interferences in the function of government by political parties, we may cede the independence of the government as the executive arm of the state. Here comes the question of determining the role of the government, whether it represents the people or an executive arm of political parties.

6- I categorically reject the summons of the Deputy Speaker of Parliament, because they are outside his powers. I also completely reject government running through tweets from political leaders.

7- I am a minister in a sovereign ministry. I worked in very difficult circumstances for nearly two years. I believe I have succeeded in managing the finances of the country, nurturing the economy towards a degree of safety. 

8- I had to make many difficult decisions, including my strong call for an exchange rate adjustment. The decision was supported by the international community, the Council of Ministers, the Central Bank of Iraq and political parties in two separate meetings with their leadership, which was approved by the House of Representatives in February 2021. I made it clear that the costs of adjusting the currency would be immediate; But the benefits will appear in the medium and long term. 

9- In order to protect the poor, a huge increase for the poor and vulnerable has been included in the 2021 budget, amounting to nearly 3 trillion Iraqi dinars to be disbursed through the Ministry of Labor. This unfortunately was curtailed by the House of Representatives in the final budget.

10- After a year we can evaluate the benefits of the exchange rate adjustment, which are very real. But the politicization of the exchange rate, making it responsible for high prices.

11- (High prices) This is a deliberate lie and the people should be aware of it. International prices for all goods and freight have risen dramatically in the past year. 

12- Wheat, cooking oil, sugar and fertilizer multiplied many times over. This is about the collapse of the global supply chain and not anything about exchange rate adjustment. Instead of focusing on the real reason for the price hike, people are being fed nonsense about the exchange rate as the source of the cost of living increase we have seen over the past year. 

13- I am ready to defend my position and my economic and financial policy before the House of Representatives as a whole and not in front of a particular parliamentary faction.

14- I demand the exercise of my rights under the Iraqi constitution, and I seek a vote of confidence in me by the House of Representatives. I have this right under Article 61/8 of the Constitution. “It is not permissible to raise the issue of confidence in a minister except upon his request or upon a request signed by fifty members….”

15- I will write to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and ask him to take this vote of confidence early. I will also ask him to give me one hour to explain my policies to the House before the vote takes place.

16- Since I was in the government, I have been subjected to a barrage of attacks and personal slanders both in social media and by politicians and some who call themselves analysts and media commentators. I have ignored all this harm because it is based on lies, slander or ignorance.

17- When the leader of a great political party treats me lightly as one of his followers, I must reject it outright. I know that the Sadrists voted for me when I was first nominated for the position of Minister of Finance, and they have stood by me through many crises including defending the exchange rate adjustment.
I freely admit this, but this does not give them the right to address me as a servant at their request and invitation.

18- Attacks continue my family. I don't brag about my family lineage. But my family has given so much to this country. We have been citizens of Baghdad for hundreds of years. As the Allawi family, we have provided more ministers to Iraqi governments since independence than any other family. Six ministers and one prime minister. If we include the families close to us, Chalabi, the number will rise with four more ministers and one deputy prime minister. My great uncle Hussein Allawi signed a petition to bring Faisal I to Iraq.

19- Our family is completely Iraqi. We do not differentiate between Shiites and Sunnis, Christians and Yazidis. We do not differentiate between an Arab, a Kurd or a Turkmen. In my personal entourage, I am guarded by the Kurds, my personal secretary is among the Sunni brothers, and my personal office in the ministry is headed by a Shiite woman of high religious principles. We are not talking about diversity.

20- We have been supporters of the reference for centuries, and we respect the great religious families with the highest degree of esteem, and no member of my family has been contaminated with corruption or wrongdoing. They were motivated by real service with no concern for reward or benefit. I hope I have continued in this long approach. 

21- We will not abandon this country in the face of bullying, pressure or threats. We have always stood against tyranny in any form or kind, and we will continue to do so.

Yesterday, Thursday, the First Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hakim Al-Zamili, sent a request to summon the Minister of Finance, Ali Allawi, and the Governor of the Central Bank, Mustafa Ghaleb, after a tweet by the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada Al-Sadr, that included proposals regarding the dollar exchange rate, including summoning the director of the Central Bank and the Minister of Finance, while Parliament set Next Saturday's date for a meeting with them to discuss the dollar exchange rate.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, HowieC said:
Tomorrow, Saturday, the Iraqi parliament will hold an extraordinary meeting with Finance Minister Ali Allawi and Central Bank Governor Mustafa Ghaleb, to discuss the exchange rate of the dinar against the dollar, and the possibility of returning it to its previous value that prevailed before the financial crisis

Previous rate before the financial crisis? Just wonder What rate would that be? Hopefully, it isn't 1170 or 1180 or 1190.

• Upvote 3

POSTED ON2022-02-19 BY SOTALIRAQ

Today, the Presidency of Parliament is discussing the exchange rate of the dollar

Today, the Presidency of Parliament is discussing the exchange rate of the dollar

Citizens are awaiting what will lead to the hosting of the Presidency of Parliament, today, Saturday, both by Finance Minister Ali Allawi and Central Bank Governor Mustafa Ghaleb to discuss the dollar exchange rate, after the proposals made by the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr in this regard to try to address the significant impact left by the decision to cut The value of the Iraqi dinar against the dollar in citizens more than a year ago.
Yesterday, Friday, Minister of Finance Ali Abdul Amir Allawi responded to the request to summon him, returning it to him as a "rejected interference."
A member of the House of Representatives, Aref Al-Hamami, said in an interview: “The deputies are in favor of decreasing the exchange rate, and everyone should support this trend,” noting that “the deputies will work with the start of the sessions to collect signatures to reduce the exchange rate.”
And he indicated that “the Presidency of the Parliament hosting the Minister of Finance and the Governor of the Central Bank will not be attended by the deputies because there is no agenda for sessions at the moment, and the session will be deliberative only.” Exchange".
Al-Hamami pointed out that “the Presidency itself represents the political blocs at that time, the exchange rate of the dollar rose,” blaming both “the Prime Minister and the Speaker of the repercussions in the markets as a result of this matter, because the rise of the dollar was during their time and by a government decision.”
He continued, "It has never happened before that a government lowered the price of its currency against the foreign currency. On the contrary, governments use experts to raise the value of their local currency," noting that "more than one prime minister led the government during the past years, and oil prices fell, and neither the dollar nor the dollar was manipulated. salaries,” and stressed that “the reduction of the exchange rate does not go beyond the political agreement between the blocs represented by the Presidency of Parliament, the Prime Minister and the Central Governor.”
In addition, the economic expert, Saleh Al-Hamashi, considered that “Parliament’s calls to reduce the exchange rate are political calls far from professional and realistic,” referring to “the government’s failure to achieve economic balance after raising the exchange rate.”
Al-Hamashi said: “Changing the dollar exchange rate has nothing to do with the street or the market, but rather has to do with the monetary policy followed by the Central Bank, and this policy depends on the economic and commercial activity in the country and on the size of the monetary mass, and the monetary mass is still not commensurate with the volume of Iraqi economic activity and commercial.”
He added that "the central bank, when it took a decision to raise the exchange rate, was due to the liquidity problem that the country was suffering from and is still suffering for this moment," noting that "returning the exchange rate to its previous one will restore the liquidity problem."
And between, "When a change occurs in the currency in all countries of the world, the government takes a set of measures to preserve basic commodities, and the government was supposed to take measures exempting basic commodities from customs and tax to maintain prices, or to carry out economic reforms for some basic commodities."

In the absence of the Minister of Finance.. Parliamentary meeting to discuss the dollar exchange rate

Posted 15 seconds ago
https://iraqakhbar.com/3490100
news source /Tigris channel
iraq-news-810x456.jpg

News source / Dijla channel

A meeting was held in the House of Representatives this morning to discuss the exchange rate of the dollar in the Iraqi markets.
The First Deputy Speaker of Parliament Hakim Al-Zamili confirmed during the meeting that he had no disagreement with the Minister of Finance and that the hosting request came based on the signatures of more than 50 deputies. Stressing that the Finance Minister's refusal to attend Parliament may be a prelude to ministers evading accountability, Al-Zamili continued, that even if Allawi resigned, he would not be left without accountability, and we have files that condemn him. Adding that a travel ban will be issued against the Minister of Finance until he appears in Parliament.
Al-Zamili said that he had received a letter from the Minister of Finance informing him of his inability to attend the meeting today, Saturday, and that he would submit an official request to hold a session for a vote of confidence.
It is noteworthy that the meeting was held in the presence of the Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq and his deputy, and the absence of Finance Minister Ali Abdul-Amir Allawi

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Today, Saturday, the First Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hakim Al-Zamili, called on the Supreme Judicial Council to issue a travel ban book for the Minister of Finance until the completion of his accountability under the dome of Parliament, while indicating that an emergency session will be held this week to question the minister.

Al-Zamili’s office said in a statement received by Alsumaria News, that the latter “chaired today, an expanded meeting attended by a number of heads of political blocs and representatives, to host the Governor of the Central Bank, Mustafa Ghaleb Makhi, while Finance Minister Ali Abdul Amir Allawi refrained from attending, to discuss the issue of currency smuggling and the price of currency.” The exchange of the dollar and the control of some banks in the currency auction and the development of the most effective solutions to reduce its impact on citizens.

The Deputy Speaker of Parliament demanded, according to the statement, “The Public Prosecution take the necessary legal measures fundamentally, to prevent the travel of the Minister of Finance, Ali Abdul Amir Allawi, due to the presence of a number of files against him and until the issue of his accountability is resolved when he appears during this week’s session and questioned him in the event of refusal, blaming the Ministry of Interior and the security apparatus Intelligence is responsible if he leaves the country, stressing that Allawi's failure to attend Parliament is a dangerous precedent."

He added, "The presidency and members of the House of Representatives are legally, morally and legally responsible for defending the rights of the people, as they are their representatives, indicating that the request to host the Minister of Finance and the Governor of the Central Bank came with an official request signed by more than 50 deputies, and that this week will witness an emergency parliamentary session for questioning." Minister."

He noted that "any party that seeks to disrupt the role of the legislative and oversight authority is important, and that work is underway to hold the corrupt accountable, noting that the reform paper presented by Allawi has achieved nothing but harming the people and increasing poverty."

A member of the Presidency instructed, "to form a parliamentary committee to investigate the facts, gather information and follow up on the work of the Central Bank, calling on the government to address the negatives resulting from the change in the exchange rate and the rise in market prices, pointing out that the House of Representatives will take all necessary measures if the government is unable to do so and will be obligated to use its powers." Constitutional treatment of the effects of this issue."

During the meeting, according to the statement, "a lot of inquiries, questions and proposals were raised by members of the House of Representatives to the governor of the Central Bank."

In turn, Mustafa Mokhif explained, "the monetary policy of the Central Bank and the reasons that prompted the increase in the dollar exchange rate, and the pledge to hold banks that are out of control and manipulating exchange rates to account, calling on the Central Bank administration to provide the House of Representatives with data, information and periodic reports on currency auctions, and to work on evaluating the policy." banking in the country.
  • Thanks 1

https://iraqakhbar.com/3490402

Hakim Al-Zamili: Parliament will request the issuance of a travel ban against the Iraqi Minister of Finance

Posted 11 seconds ago

iraq-news-810x456.jpg

news source /Al Sharqiah Channel

News source / Al- Sharqiya channel

Baghdad-ALSharqiya, February 19: Hakim al-Zamili, the first deputy speaker of the Iraqi parliament, announced that the parliament will request the issuance of a travel ban against the Minister of Finance, and that he holds the Ministry of Interior and the Intelligence Service responsible for his travel, until he completes the requirements for his attendance at the House of Representatives, to testify and resolve the files on him. Al-Zamili said during a parliament session in which he hosted the Governor of the Central Bank, Mustafa Ghaleb and his deputy, that the House of Representatives will hold an emergency session this week, at the request of 50 deputies, to discuss financial policy, currency smuggling and the exchange rate.

Shock of the dollar again .. Why can't Parliament change the price against the Iraqi dinar?

746 Policy 2022/02/19 17:03 Baghdad Today -

Special The leader of the Al-Fateh Alliance, Fadel Al-Fatlawi, confirmed today, Saturday, that changing the exchange rate of the dollar against the Iraqi dinar is linked to the draft budget draft for the year 2022. Al-Fatlawi said, to (Baghdad Today), that “changing the dollar exchange rate against the Iraqi dinar is linked to a draft budget draft. year 2022". He added, "This matter is proven in the draft law by the Council of Ministers, and Parliament does not have the right to make any change to the dollar exchange rate, as well as the price of selling oil, as this is the prerogative of the government." And Al-Fatlawub, that "the change in the exchange rate of the dollar against the Iraqi dinar will be through the new cabinet, and the parliamentary blocs should work on this matter through the presence of their representatives in the Council of Ministers." He stressed that "Parliament does not have the authority to do so, and for this reason it passed the previous price in the previous parliament, despite the parliament's reservations about it, but it is obligatory because it came from the government."

A former deputy on Parliament's intention to prevent Allawi's travel: Has he turned to a judicial body?

{Political: Al Furat News} The former deputy of the Kurdistan Islamic Party, Ahmed Al-Hajj, commented today, Saturday, on Parliament's intention to issue a travel ban against Minister of Finance Ali Allawi in the event he does not attend to host the House of Representatives.

Al-Hajj said in a tweet on his Twitter account: "The decision to ban travel is issued by the judicial authorities and not by Parliament. I wonder if Parliament has become a judicial authority."

Surprisingly, he added: "Live in Rajab, you see wonder, and they talk to you about reform."

Finance Minister Ali Allawi was scheduled to attend a conference to discuss reducing the dollar, but he refused to host Parliament in a message yesterday, in which he indicated that "the government is not responsible to any party and its responsibility to the Iraqi people," stressing that the entire process (hosting) is unacceptable. It should not be tolerated, "while he affirmed his readiness to defend his economic policy before Parliament as a whole and not a specific parliamentary faction," according to his expression.

The House of Representatives: The start of a conference to discuss the dollar exchange rate in the presence of the Governor of the Central Bank

{Economic: Al Furat News} A conference to discuss the dollar exchange rate was launched today, Saturday, in the House of Representatives, in the presence of the Governor of the Central Bank, Mustafa Ghaleb.

Finance Minister Ali Allawi was also scheduled to attend the conference, but he refused to host parliament in a message yesterday, in which he indicated that "the government is not responsible to any party and its responsibility to the Iraqi people," stressing that the entire process (hosting) is unacceptable and should not be silent. "While he affirmed his readiness to defend his economic policy before Parliament as a whole and not a specific parliamentary faction," according to his expression.

Earlier in the day, Parliament issued an official letter inviting the Minister of Finance to attend in order to discuss the dollar exchange rate decision and what is related to it.

The meeting will deal, according to a parliamentary source, to {Euphrates News}, "the possibility of restoring the dollar's exchange rate to its previous value that prevailed before the financial crisis, which prompted the government more than a year ago to reduce its value from 1200 dinars to 1450 dinars per dollar."

On December 19, 2020, the Central Bank of Iraq decided to raise the price of selling the dollar to banks and exchange companies to 1460 dinars, from 1182 dinars to the dollar, with the aim of compensating for the decline in oil revenues caused by the deterioration in oil prices at the time the decision was issued, but oil jumped today to more than 90 % per barrel.

The government had decided, in December 2020, to take a series of austerity measures that it had adopted to address its financial crisis to bridge the deficit in its budget, and in implementation of the terms of the “white paper” brought by Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi, including the devaluation of his local currency by 1,450 dinars to the dollar. The one after its stability for years at the threshold of 1200 dinars to the dollar.

Citizens and traders are anticipating the market condition for the dollar exchange rate in the coming days.

• Thanks 1

Parliamentary signatures to reduce the dollar in Iraq

01:22
Parliamentary signatures to reduce the dollar in Iraq

Fourth - Baghdad

Today, Saturday, Member of Parliament, Aref Al-Hamami, revealed a parliamentary movement to reduce the price of the dollar in Iraq.

Al-Hamami said, according to the official newspaper, that "the deputies support decreasing the exchange rate and everyone should support this trend," noting that "the deputies will work with the start of the sessions to collect signatures to reduce the exchange rate." 

And he indicated that "the Presidency of the Parliament hosting the Minister of Finance and the Governor of the Central Bank will not be attended by the deputies, as there is no agenda for sessions currently, and the session will be deliberative only."

He stressed that "the issue of the dollar and its repercussions is important and influential, and the Presidency should put pressure on the government and the central bank in order to reduce the exchange rate."

Al-Hamami pointed out that "the Presidency itself represents the political blocs that at that time the dollar exchange rate rose," blaming both "the Prime Minister and the Speaker of the repercussions in the markets as a result of this matter, because the rise of the dollar was during their reign and by a government decision."

He continued, "It has not happened before that a government lowered the price of its currency against the foreign currency. On the contrary, governments use experts to raise the value of their local currency," noting that "more than one prime minister led the government during the past years, and oil prices fell, and neither the dollar nor the salaries were manipulated. ".

He explained, "The reduction of the exchange rate does not go beyond the political agreement between the blocs represented by the Presidency of the Parliament, the Prime Minister and the Central Governor."

Al-Zamili: I am like the Speaker of Parliament, and there is no personal dispute with the Minister of Finance, and we directed him to prevent him from traveling

03:28
Al-Zamili: I am like the Speaker of Parliament, and there is no personal dispute with the Minister of Finance, and we directed him to prevent him from traveling

Fourth - Baghdad

Today, Saturday, the Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hakim Al-Zamili, said that he is the Speaker of Parliament, stressing that there is no personal dispute with the Minister of Finance, Ali Allawi.

Al-Zamili indicated, during a session discussing the dollar exchange rate, in the presence of the Governor of the Central Bank, and followed by (the fourth), that "there is a request from fifty deputies to host the Governor of the Central Bank and the Minister of Finance."

He added: "I am now the speaker of the House of Representatives, because the president is outside the country in international participation, so I must exercise my role."

Al-Zamili continued, saying: "If we do not exercise the oversight and legislative role now, things will get out of control," stressing that "there is no personal dispute with the Minister of Finance."

The deputy speaker of Parliament explained: "We have many data and evidence against the Minister of Finance, and we have directed to prevent the minister from traveling outside Iraq," adding: "We have files that condemn the minister, so he must be prevented from traveling because he has another nationality."

POSTED ON2022-02-19 BY SOTALIRAQ

Citizens are awaiting what will lead to the hosting of the Presidency of Parliament, today, Saturday, both by Finance Minister Ali Allawi and Central Bank Governor Mustafa Ghaleb to discuss the dollar exchange rate, after the proposals made by the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr in this regard to try to address the significant impact left by the decision to cut The value of the Iraqi dinar against the dollar in citizens more than a year ago.
Yesterday, Friday, Minister of Finance Ali Abdul Amir Allawi responded to the request to summon him, returning it to him as a "rejected interference."
A member of the House of Representatives, Aref Al-Hamami, said in an interview: “The deputies are in favor of decreasing the exchange rate, and everyone should support this trend,” noting that “the deputies will work with the start of the sessions to collect signatures to reduce the exchange rate.”
And he indicated that “the Presidency of the Parliament hosting the Minister of Finance and the Governor of the Central Bank will not be attended by the deputies because there is no agenda for sessions at the moment, and the session will be deliberative only.” Exchange".
Al-Hamami pointed out that “the Presidency itself represents the political blocs at that time, the exchange rate of the dollar rose,” blaming both “the Prime Minister and the Speaker of the repercussions in the markets as a result of this matter, because the rise of the dollar was during their time and by a government decision.”
He continued, "It has never happened before that a government lowered the price of its currency against the foreign currency. On the contrary, governments use experts to raise the value of their local currency," noting that "more than one prime minister led the government during the past years, and oil prices fell, and neither the dollar nor the dollar was manipulated. salaries,” and stressed that “the reduction of the exchange rate does not go beyond the political agreement between the blocs represented by the Presidency of Parliament, the Prime Minister and the Central Governor.”
In addition, the economic expert, Saleh Al-Hamashi, considered that “Parliament’s calls to reduce the exchange rate are political calls far from professional and realistic,” referring to “the government’s failure to achieve economic balance after raising the exchange rate.”
Al-Hamashi said: “Changing the dollar exchange rate has nothing to do with the street or the market, but rather has to do with the monetary policy followed by the Central Bank, and this policy depends on the economic and commercial activity in the country and on the size of the monetary mass, and the monetary mass is still not commensurate with the volume of Iraqi economic activity and commercial.”
He added that "the central bank, when it took a decision to raise the exchange rate, was due to the liquidity problem that the country was suffering from and is still suffering for this moment," noting that "returning the exchange rate to its previous one will restore the liquidity problem."
And between, "When a change occurs in the currency in all countries of the world, the government takes a set of measures to preserve basic commodities, and the government was supposed to take measures exempting basic commodities from customs and tax to maintain prices, or to carry out economic reforms for some basic commodities."