Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

AWESOME * Our Presidential Heritage - Dutch Sheets - GiveHIM15 * 1/24/2022 - History

ronscarpa

January 24, 2022

Our Presidential Heritage

It is always great to reflect on the influence God has had on the founding and growth of America. Though revisionists try to erase God from our history, as Founding Father John Adams so plainly stated, “Facts are stubborn things.”

Today we celebrate this godly heritage and ask God to once again give us leaders who revere and honor Him. He has offered us mercy and deliverance from the powers of darkness that have ruled our nation for several decades, and we stand on His gracious promise. We also ask Him to give us righteous leaders in government, leaders who will honor Him, our heritage, and life.

The remainder of today’s post is just a few of the hundreds of quotes from previous Presidents, stating their faith in God, respect for His Word (the Bible), and honor of Christ and Christianity. Enjoy..!

“It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible." George Washington

“The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right, which Heaven itself has ordained." George Washington

“We recognize no sovereign but God, and no King but Jesus!" John Adams

“I consider a decent respect for Christianity among the best recommendations for public service.” John Adams

“The reason that Christianity is the best friend of government is because Christianity is the only religion that changes the heart." Thomas Jefferson

“The Bible is the first and almost the only book deserving of universal attention." John Quincy Adams

“My custom is to read four or five chapters of the Bible every morning immediately after rising. It seems to me the most suitable manner of beginning the day. It is an invaluable and inexhaustible mine of knowledge and virtue." John Quincy Adams

“We have staked the whole future of American civilization not on the power of government, far from it. We have staked the whole of our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves according to the commandments of God. The future and success of America are not in this Constitution, but in the laws of God upon which this Constitution is founded.” James Madison

“Finally, it is my most fervent prayer to that Almighty Being before whom I now stand, and who has kept us in His hands from the infancy of our Republic unto the present day, that He will so overrule all my intentions and actions and inspire the hearts of my fellow-citizens that we may be preserved from dangers of all kinds and continue forever a united and happy people.” Andrew Jackson

“We have forgotten God. We have forgotten the gracious hand, which preserved us in peace and multiplied and enriched and strengthened us, and we have vainly imagined, in the deceitfulness of our hearts, that all these blessings were produced by some superior wisdom and virtue of our own. Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self-sufficient to feel the necessity of redeeming and preserving grace, too proud to pray to the God that made us." Abraham Lincoln

“I am profitably engaged in reading the Bible. Take all of this Book upon reason that you can, and the balance by faith, and you will live and die a better man." Abraham Lincoln

“All must admit that the reception of the teachings of Christ results in the purest patriotism, in the most scrupulous fidelity to public trust, and in the best type of citizenship." Grover Cleveland

“Before any man can be considered as a member of civil society, he must be considered as a subject of the Governor of the Universe. And to the same Divine Author of every good and perfect gift we are indebted for all those privileges and advantages, religious as well as civil, which are so richly enjoyed in this favored land." James Monroe

“A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education." Theodore Roosevelt

“The foundations of our society and our government rest so much on the teachings of the Bible that it would be difficult to support them if faith in these teachings would cease to be practically universal in our country." Calvin Coolidge

“The study of the Bible is a post-graduate course in the richest library of human experience." Herbert Hoover

“The rights of man come not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God." John F. Kennedy

You can’t divorce religious belief and public service. . . I’ve never detected any conflict between God’s will and my political duty. If you violate one, you violate the other.” James Earl Carter, Jr.

“We asked for God’s help; and now, in this shining outcome, in this magnificent triumph of good over evil, we should thank God.” George H. W. Bush

“Each day millions of our citizens approach our Maker on bended knee, seeking His grace and giving thanks for the many blessings He bestows upon us." George W Bush

“Of the many influences that have shaped the United States into a distinctive nation and people, none may be said to be more fundamental and enduring than the Bible." Ronald Reagan

“If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." Ronald Reagan

Pray with me:

Father, it is an indescribable privilege to be part of a nation raised up by You to propagate the gospel of Your kingdom. You birthed America, and You have prospered and blessed us beyond measure. Our Founders knew You were involved in our formation; they knew and honored You as the only King. They worshiped You, honored Your Word, and believed in Your Son, Jesus Christ. And they led from “servant hearts” and unselfish motivations.

America now has many leaders who do not know You, do not respect You, and do not want You honored in our nation. They do not honor Your principles in Scripture, do not honor life, and many have become fools. They have led America down a path of rebellion and wickedness. Like the prodigal in Scripture, we have squandered our inheritance and wasted it on sin and selfish desires.

But also like the prodigal, we believe in Your mercy. We believe in the power of the shed blood of Jesus. We believe it cleanses us from all sin and unrighteousness. And we believe in restoration. We believe that You are restoring America to You and to our calling. We place our faith in nothing but Your blood and grace and, because of them, we boldly declare, “America shall be saved!”

Our decree:

We decree that America shall once again have a God-honoring person as our President, and a Congress led by a majority who love God and His ways.

Click on the link below to watch the full video.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1