Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Beck - Deadweight

umbertino

Another great track

According to a youtube poster:

Beck explains in an interview: "I had these neighbors that lived downstairs from me and they were a *** couple, of truckers. One of them was from Georgia and the other I don't know where he was from. The one from Georgia had a huge beard y' know. He was pretty coked out and he would come home and he would just fall into these, just days and days of debauchery and imbibed much alcohol and substances, and after the third or fourth day it would just ended up in a brawl y'know, the two of them together. And there was one final one when it really came to blows. I was recording the song upstairs, I lived upstairs from them and I was trying to play, but their arguments were so much louder then my music that I just stopped playing and I recorded this along with the tape of them arguing. We didn't live in a very good neighborhood so we had a front door, and then another door that's steel, y'know. So the one with the beard got locked outside, the other one pushed him outside and locked the steel door so he went round the back and found an axe and he was trying to chop down the steel door and the whole building was shaking. They were screaming the most insane things, it was really like poetry, almost. I was really disturbed by the whole thing. The other guy finally came out and they were both fighting with axes y'know, like some modern, crazed Vikings or something in battle. And then the other one went up and down the street and smashed all the car windows and there was ambulances and fire trucks and people were bleeding, and y' know it was a mess"