Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Thursday Midnight Opinions - CST - 1/13/2022

ronscarpa

Remember, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... :twothumbs:RON 

*** Militiaman  [a member] of the Board of Directors for the GCC states it's time to adjust the exchange rate and enhance the national currency of the Iraqi dinar against the dollar.  You can't make that up.  It's what the people in the region are talking about...

*** Mnt Goat  There is not much more to say about the reinstatement (A.K.A. RV).  We are pivoting right at the window now. We know that the plan is to shortly conduct the project to delete the zeros and them follow up with the reinstatement on to FOREX…finally. Nobody really knows the exact timing. I have not heard anything currently that is holding it up... There is not much more I can tell you at this time except the citizens in Iraq are absolutely being told that the currency redenomination will happen in the next days. We all know what this means. I am VERY excited!

*** Kaperoni   Kuwait didn't [RV] and there is a significant difference [between the Iraq dinar and Kuwait dinar situations]... Kuwait has around forty billion dinar in circulation and Iraq has over 100 trillion.

:salute:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7
  • Upvote 2

***Kaperoni   Kuwait didn't [RV] and there is a significant difference [between the Iraq dinar and Kuwait dinar situations]... Kuwait has around forty billion dinar in circulation and Iraq has over 100 trillion.

I didn't know there were 100 TRILLION DINAR in circulation.   How high can they possibly make the rate with so many in circulation?  This does not look so promising, after learning this.  Can they even make the rate 10 cents?

I just looked this up for comparison:  "There is about $1.2 trillion dollars of U.S. currency in circulation."

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

M1

M1 money supply includes coins and currency in circulation—the coins and bills that circulate in an economy that are not held by the U.S. Treasury, at the Federal Reserve Bank, or in bank vaults. Closely related to currency are checkable deposits, also known as demand deposits. These are the amounts held in checking accounts. They are called demand deposits or checkable deposits because the banking institution must give the deposit holder his money “on demand” when a check is written or a debit card is used. These items together—currency, and checking accounts in banks—make up the definition of money known as M1, which is measured daily by the Federal Reserve System. Traveler’s checks are also included in M1, but have decreased in use over the recent past.

I think we should go by the M0 Money Supply, rather than M1:

M0 refers to the most liquid form of money: cash. That includes central bank notes and coins. MB refers to the base money supply from which banks can extend the money supply. In addition to M0, that also includes central bank deposits, which can't be used to pay anyone other than banks.

Money Supply M1 23445.00 23328.00 IQD Billion Nov/21
Money Supply M0 105937.00 103963.00 IQD Billion Oct/21
Money Supply M2 137856.00 133901.00 IQD Billion Oct/21
Cash Reserve Ratio 13.00 13.00 percent Sep/21

1 hour ago, Floridian said:

I think we should go by the M0 Money Supply, rather than M1:

M0 refers to the most liquid form of money: cash. That includes central bank notes and coins. MB refers to the base money supply from which banks can extend the money supply. In addition to M0, that also includes central bank deposits, which can't be used to pay anyone other than banks.

Money Supply M1 23445.00 23328.00 IQD Billion Nov/21
Money Supply M0 105937.00 103963.00 IQD Billion Oct/21
Money Supply M2 137856.00 133901.00 IQD Billion Oct/21
Cash Reserve Ratio 13.00 13.00 percent Sep/21

M0 includes central bank reserves which is not in circulation. 

• Thanks 1