Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Glory Days IQD Reinstatement Will Be Well Over $3.

Luigi1

MntGoat:

…we read in articles that it is time to adjust the exchange rate to enhance the value of the national currency (the Iraqi dinar) against the dollar. Iraq citizens say that they demand the return of the exchange rate of the dinar to its “normal” state.  What is its normal rate?…I believe the CBI is pushing for the “Glory” days of the dinar & this is their objective.  This means reinstating it back on FOREX with a rate well over $3.   We all need to remember that the true value of the dinar is NOT reflected in its current exchange rate even at 1120. [post 1 of 2….stay tuned]

Mnt Goat:   2 of 2

We are waiting for the CBI, IMF, World Bank and BIS to finally release the real rate of the dinar [that] will fairly & truly measure up the REAL VALUE already present in the economy, the oil & other resources of Iraq.   Iraq will never accomplish its goals as stated in the White Paper without the reinstatement of the dinar & globally trading it.  The White Paper itself even tells us this is their objective to accomplish…  

• Thanks 6

I wasn't watching Forex back in the so called Glory Days, but through the years, I have read from numerous people that the dinar was not traded at $3.22, that it was a rate that was fixed by Saadam at the time.  I do understand Iraq should be at least equal to the rest of the middle east countries that have oil, but I really don't think they are going to come out at $3.22 or better.  JMHO, but things are different now days, and I think Iraq will be doing things different now.  :confused2:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7
  • Pow! 3

7 minutes ago, NWGUY said:

I wasn't watching Forex back in the so called Glory Days, but through the years, I have read from numerous people that the dinar was not traded at $3.22, that it was a rate that was fixed by Saadam at the time.  I do understand Iraq should be at least equal to the rest of the middle east countries that have oil, but I really don't think they are going to come out at $3.22 or better.  JMHO, but things are different now days, and I think Iraq will be doing things different now.  :confused2:

Good response.  Remember, Saudi Arabia Ryal & Bahrain Dinar are at or near .33 to .34 cents to the USD.  There may be a n opportunity to make some money on their future revalue.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, dinarham said:

The rate has to be higher than Kuwait's

I haven't looked at that lately, but I don't think it is over $3.   They should all be about the same, depending their oil production, and then figure in their other assets like the natural gas.  Hopefully, this will be all over this year, and I personally won't be spending much time thinking about the middle east.   :drunk:

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Pow! 4

Just now, cutter73 said:

I would think they'd like to be  just a little bit above Kuwait too... for a little spite.

They actually want to get the dollar off the street, so hoping it will come out at $1 to $1, which I think they can handle.

:crossedfingers:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6
  • Pow! 4

Iraq citizens say that they demand the return of the exchange rate of the dinar to its “normal” state.

The Iraqi citizens can "demand" all the want, but the CBI and the GOI will probably do what the always have done..... SCREW THE CITIZENS !

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 4
  • Pow! 2

50 minutes ago, Longtimelurker said:

What makes you say that? I like it and think it will be eventually but I'm not sure the reasoning. 

If the IQD came out at a much lower rate than Kuwait's , it would kill Kuwait's oil business . This is something they would never agree to , and they were holding  the cards in getting Iraq out of ch#7.   Also Kuwait must be holding a lot of IQD. JMO.

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, dinarham said:

If the IQD came out at a much lower rate than Kuwait's , it would kill Kuwait's oil business . This is something they would never agree to , and they were holding  the cards in getting Iraq out of ch#7.   Also Kuwait must be holding a lot of IQD. JMO.

Thank you. Do you feel Iraq is killing kuwaits oil business currently, with the very low rate they have now?

• Pow! 3

52 minutes ago, dinarham said:

And why would it kill their oil business that doesn’t make any sense to me??

• Upvote 3
  • Pow! 1

All this is is Mtn Goathead's opinion of it being 'glory days'.   It reads I believe the CBI is pushing for the “Glory” days of the dinar.  And then he/she/it just goes on to project their opinion of what it all means to him/her/it. The only thing of substance if the first sentence, …we read in articles that it is time to adjust the exchange rate to enhance the value of the national currency (the Iraqi dinar) against the dollar.  And that is all open to opinion of how much, of which Mtn $#!thead project's for everyone to get excited about.

• Upvote 3
  • Pow! 1

On 1/12/2022 at 11:34 AM, NWGUY said:

I haven't looked at that lately, but I don't think it is over $3.   They should all be about the same, depending their oil production, and then figure in their other assets like the natural gas.  Hopefully, this will be all over this year, and I personally won't be spending much time thinking about the middle east.   :drunk:

On 1/12/2022 at 11:48 AM, cutter73 said:

I would think they'd like to be  just a little bit above Kuwait too... for a little spite.

1 KWD = 3.3121 USD

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

IMO the rate will start low....knowing that most/many will jump on it....

CL

You do understand that it doesn’t matter what the rate comes in at  right?? None of the dinar we have will be going back to Iraq!! And inside Iraq again they don’t do an exchange like we will be doing anywhere outside of Iraq. So you have have to ask yourself why would an Iraqi give up using the dollar for the dinar?? At a minimum it still has to be valued just over the US dollar which many studies have pegged it at a minimum of $1.17. Iraqis only get greater purchasing power and 99.9% of them will not become millionaires with an overnight RV like we are expecting! Only Maliki and the other corrupt politicians that hold their dinar outside Iraq will make millions and or billions it’s just the way it is. Revaluing their currency is about giving the Iraqi citizen greater purchasing power and becoming a greater power in their region. It’s not about bringing the currency out at a .10 to see how many people exchange at a lower rate so it costs the Iraq CBI less money on the exchange it Does Not work this way!! Everyone can believe what they want of course the gurus have made sure to brainwash people for a very long time all the while these same gurus making tons of money in the meantime!! The more drama the more people crave and will pay for information and or the advertisers pay them. It is what it is I for one will be so happy when this ridiculous ride is over!!!

• Upvote 5