Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

For the first time... Electricity reaches a Kurdish village (photos)

yota691

2022-01-06 03:46

Shafaq News/ The administration of Banjard district announced today, Thursday, the delivery of electricity to one of the remote villages in the district in order to improve services and the conditions of its citizens.

The administration of Banjard district of Dukan district said in a statement received by Shafak News Agency, that with a distinguished effort by the Bankard Electricity Division and in cooperation with the Sulaymaniyah Electricity Distribution Directorate, we were able to deliver electric power to the citizens of the village (Tomar) located to the west of the district.

The statement added that the preparation for the delivery of electricity to the village of Tamar has been since 2013, but due to the financial crisis and the war on ISIS, the delivery of electricity to the people of the village was delayed.

The statement affirmed that this village, since its establishment, has not been connected to electricity because of its remoteness from the center of the district and its rugged geographical nature.

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 9

That’s a good step, I wonder if they have the municipal infrastructure in place yet. Once they get transmission to the town they need to transform the voltage to the distribution network. After they get it to the houses the houses need wired. I’m also curious if they ran a fiber optic line to provide connection to the internet. Perhaps they have a cell tower setup for access to the digital world. Good news, good progress.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

Wow. I just can’t imagine not having electricity in 2022. Life changing for these people. 💡 

Electricity? Is good? You sure? Electricity means internet. Wait till they have teenage children on the internet. They'll change their mind...lol 😅

• Haha 7

22 minutes ago, Rochester said:

Electricity? Is good? You sure? Electricity means internet. Wait till they have teenage children on the internet. They'll change their mind...lol 😅

When the power outlets open,  

The cell phone  chargers come out and drain all the power - > from all of Iraq 😄

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Rochester said:

I only thought as far as being able to have air conditioning in the 100°+ weather 😁 But yeah, internet, cell phones, and all the crazy things teens are going to be exposed to… 😱

• Haha 2
  • Pow! 3

52 minutes ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

I only thought as far as being able to have air conditioning in the 100°+ weather 😁 But yeah, internet, cell phones, and all the crazy things teens are going to be exposed to… 😱

Oh, you right. I forgot. You can fry up bacon and eggs on the sidewalk in Baghdad. 🌞😄🍳🥓

• Haha 3
  • Pow! 1