Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

STUPID TRUCKERS

MyLadiesDaddy

Thanks LGD. 

Some funny and scary stuff.

I work at some pretty huge warehousing and distribution centers. We get to watch some pretty comical stuff.

The guys driving the yard goats are amazing to watch. They move those 53s around like they are toys.  Some of the outside drivers.... well they seem overwhelmed at times.  These buildings are busy to say the least with most having over 200 dock doors. Some obviously picked the wrong profession as we watch them its easy to spot the pros and the amateurs.  We do get a quite a bit of work from these drivers as they take down light poles and electrical equipment in the yards. 6 inch steel bollards and K rail help some but they still take them down HAHA.  Be safe and have a great New year LGD.. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

‘This used to be a great job’: US truckers driven down by long hours and low pay

Industry bosses complain they can’t hire drivers but workers say they’re underpaid and treated ‘like trash’

Michael Sainato in Florida
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, umbertino said:

‘This used to be a great job’: US truckers driven down by long hours and low pay

Industry bosses complain they can’t hire drivers but workers say they’re underpaid and treated ‘like trash’

Michael Sainato in Florida

My cousin is a non union truck driver in WI and he does pretty well. Nice home family of 4 and the wife does not need to work. great pension and benefits. Its the independents that are getting screwed here in CA because of Sacramento idiots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Honestly, I think every guy has at one point wanted to drive a big rig, myself included.

After researching I realized I wouldn't last for two reasons.

The insanely strict rules, a max of two tickets before potential suspension, and the second is the way some morons treat big rigs.

Seriously, 80,000 pounds moving at 60 MPH is a whole lot of inertia that even 18 wheels worth of friction just can't arrest and dissipate very quickly.

The sad part is if drivers just looked around and paid attention, they would soon realize there is a LOT of wordless communication going on between drivers, and most truckers are tuned into something called etiquette.

All it would take to eliminate 90% of all accidents is everyone learning what that stuff was all about.

The last couple years it's been almost unbelievable, with people parking in the inside lane @ 50 mph, oblivious to other drivers, rules of the road, and creating nothing but a hazard behind, or the one that sit in city traffic with their high beam lights on.

I've had idiots I passed who were doing 35 in a 50, then turned on their brights just to show me how displeased they are with my driving.

They will 100% of the time wet their seats when I enter rage mode.

Yes, I am not perfect, and dealing with azzholes is a trigger, which has resulted in coming to complete stop, walking back, and asking them why they want to kill me, or demanding to show me their badge allowing them to be traffic police, or slowing down to allow them to pass, so I  can show off my aftermarket high output LED projector high beams.

I did learn that a couple 12v search beams mounted to the reverse and not connected to the reverse function of a truck can be construed as "illegal use of illumination", but got off with a warning...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

3 hours ago, SocalDinar said:

I have some pretty bright cargo lights that I share with Those that put aftermarket 5000K headlights on their vehicles and never take the time to adjust the beams. 

One of my major problems is with idiots that refuse to dim for on-coming traffic.

One of my trucks was a '89 F-150 with 9" total lift, built to the teeth 400 CU engine, and two banks of off road lights that forced me to install an extra battery.

I discovered another "illegal use of illumination", it was when an oncoming car refused to dim after I flashed it several times.

I just happened to be on my way back from a day of elk hunting, so I hit the turd with both  banks.

It blinded him so bad they just hit their brakes and swerved to the side of the road.

That's when I noticed the State Police decal on the door.

That one was a $450 ticket.

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, boosterbglee said:

LGD…..I grew up in Colorado, lots if runaway truck ramps there!

Have you ever had to use one?  
Pucker up time🙀

Over 30 years truckin and thank God I've never had to use one. But as we say in the industry, never think you know everything. Cause when you do that truck will teach you something new. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1