Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Disparity in the exchange rates of the dollar between Baghdad and the provinces

yota691

2022-06-05 03:28

Shafaq News/ The exchange rates of the US dollar decreased against the Iraqi dinar, on Sunday, in the main stock exchange in the capital, Baghdad, while it rose in the Kurdistan Region.

Shafak News Agency correspondent said that the Al-Kifah and Al-Harithiya Central Stock Exchange in Baghdad recorded this morning 148,325 Iraqi dinars, compared to 100 US dollars.

While the dollar prices recorded yesterday, Saturday morning, on the main stock exchange in Baghdad, 148,400 Iraqi dinars, compared to 100 dollars.

Our correspondent indicated that buying and selling prices decreased in banking shops in the local markets in Baghdad, where the selling price reached 148,750 Iraqi dinars per 100 US dollars, while the purchase prices amounted to 147,750 Iraqi dinars per 100 US dollars.

In Erbil, the capital of the Kurdistan Region, the price of the dollar increased, as the selling price reached 148,400 dinars per 100 US dollars, and the purchase price reached 148,200 dinars per 100 US dollars.

• Thanks 1

2022-06-06 10:20

Shafaq News/ The exchange rates of the US dollar stabilized against the Iraqi dinar today, Sunday, with the closure of the main stock exchange in the capital, Baghdad.

Shafak News Agency correspondent said that the central Al-Kifah and Al-Harithiya stock exchanges in Baghdad closed this evening, at an exchange rate of 148,325 Iraqi dinars for every 100 US dollars, which are the same prices recorded this morning.

Our correspondent indicated the stability of buying and selling prices in banking shops in the local markets in Baghdad, where the selling price amounted to 148,750 dinars, while the purchase prices amounted to 147,750 dinars per 100 dollars.

• Thanks 1

2022-06-07 03:21

Shafaq News/ The exchange rates of the US dollar rose against the Iraqi dinar, on Tuesday, on the main stock exchange in the capital, Baghdad, and in the Kurdistan Region.

Shafak News Agency correspondent said that the Al-Kifah and Al-Harithiya Central Stock Exchange in Baghdad registered this morning 148,400 Iraqi dinars, compared to 100 US dollars.

While the dollar prices recorded yesterday morning, Monday, in the main stock exchange in Baghdad, 148,325 Iraqi dinars, compared to 100 dollars.

Our correspondent indicated that buying and selling prices have stabilized in banking shops in the local markets in Baghdad, where the selling price amounted to 148,750 Iraqi dinars per 100 US dollars, while the purchase prices amounted to 147,750 Iraqi dinars per 100 US dollars.

In Erbil, the capital of the Kurdistan Region, the price of the dollar also increased, as the selling price reached 148,350 dinars per 100 US dollars, and the purchase price reached 148,150 dinars per 100 US dollars.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2022-06-08 03:05

Shafaq News/ The exchange rates of the US dollar against the Iraqi dinar stabilized, on Wednesday, in the main stock exchange in the capital, Baghdad, while it decreased slightly in the Kurdistan Region.

Shafak News Agency correspondent said that the Al-Kifah and Al-Harithiya Central Stock Exchange in Baghdad registered this morning 148,400 Iraqi dinars, compared to 100 US dollars.

These are the same prices recorded on Tuesday morning.

Our correspondent indicated that buying and selling prices have stabilized in banking shops in the local markets in Baghdad, where the selling price amounted to 148,750 Iraqi dinars per 100 US dollars, while the purchase prices amounted to 147,750 Iraqi dinars per 100 US dollars.

In Erbil, the capital of the Kurdistan Region, dollar prices witnessed a slight decrease, as the selling price reached 148,300 dinars per 100 US dollars, and the purchase price reached 148,100 dinars per 100 US dollars.

2022-06-09 03:10

Shafaq News/ The exchange rates of the US dollar decreased against the Iraqi dinar, on Thursday, on the main stock exchange in the capital, Baghdad, and in the Kurdistan Region.

Shafak News Agency correspondent said that the Al-Kifah and Al-Harithiya Central Stock Exchange in Baghdad recorded this morning 148,275 Iraqi dinars, compared to 100 US dollars.

Yesterday, Wednesday, the prices on the Kifah and Al-Harithiya Stock Exchange were 148,400 Iraqi dinars, compared to 100 US dollars.

Our correspondent indicated that buying and selling prices decreased in banking shops in the local markets in Baghdad, where the selling price amounted to 148,500 Iraqi dinars per 100 US dollars, while the purchase prices amounted to 147,500 Iraqi dinars per 100 US dollars.

In Erbil, the capital of the Kurdistan Region, dollar prices also witnessed a decrease, as the selling price reached 148,250 dinars per 100 US dollars, and the purchase price reached 148,100 dinars per 100 US dollars.

• Thanks 1

Dollar exchange rates in the local Iraqi markets

Economie10:28 - 10/06/2022

Baghdad - Mawazine News
The dollar prices witnessed, today, Friday, stability in local markets throughout the country,

and the selling prices of the dollar recorded, 148.750 dinars per 100 dollars, while the purchase prices of the dollar recorded 147.750 dinars per 100 dollars.

• Thanks 1

Iraq is such a corrupt country. Once the oil law passes, people will find ways to take advantage of that change, as it will impact the exchange rate. Word will get out. Rumors will fly all over the place. People will want to profit from insider information. So I'm guessing, once the oil law passes, they won't wait to change the rate. It will happen together. Bang. Immediate. Otherwise if there is a time lag between passing the oil law, then changing the rate, people will have an opportunity to take advantage of that delay, as speculators waiting for the price to rise, buying cheap to sell dear, as we have done. Or maybe once they know the law will pass, they might actually change the exchange rate slightly BEFORE the oil law passes. All this is just speculation, on my part. :trash2: :twocents:My two cents. Here's a beer for you: :cheesehead:

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 7

1 hour ago, pokerplayer said:

I think they teach corruption 101 in school. Actually I'm kind of jealous I can't get in on it lol.

Well it seems everyone else is in on it !!  :) 

pp

Trump called them “the most accomplished group of thieves he’d ever met”—jokingly, according to a former US official who spoke withTheWashington Post

https://www.kurdistan24.net/public/index.php/en/story/14671-Trump:-Iraqi-leadership-very-corrupt

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

4 hours ago, Rochester said:

Iraq is such a corrupt country. Once the oil law passes, people will find ways to take advantage of that change, as it will impact the exchange rate. Word will get out. Rumors will fly all over the place. People will want to profit from insider information. So I'm guessing, once the oil law passes, they won't wait to change the rate. It will happen together. Bang. Immediate. Otherwise if there is a time lag between passing the oil law, then changing the rate, people will have an opportunity to take advantage of that delay, as speculators waiting for the price to rise, buying cheap to sell dear, as we have done. Or maybe once they know the law will pass, they might actually change the exchange rate slightly BEFORE the oil law passes. All this is just speculation, on my part. :trash2: :twocents:My two cents. Here's a beer for you: :cheesehead:

1. Passage of the law.

2. The law then must be put into the Gazette and the requisite time needs to pass.

3. Implementation of the law. This will require time and money to do.

4. The rate won't change with the legislative passing of the law. Nor will it change when the law goes live. Nor will will it change when the law is implemented. Why? It's Iraq! They will then want to do a study on the rate change at this time and after that will want to do a study on the study of the study of the rate change. And when the desert sands have reclaimed the buildings and the bones have long since returned to the earth, they will say, "We need to do a study on the rate change."

5. Sometime between the end of time and then will they change the rate. However, that is defined as "soon".

Edited by Theseus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 1

23 minutes ago, Theseus said:

1. Passage of the law.

2. The law then must be put into the Gazette and the requisite time needs to pass.

4. The rate won't change with the legislative passing of the law. Nor will it change when the law goes live. Nor will will it change when the law is implemented. Why? It's Iraq! They will then want to do a study on the rate change at this time and after that will want to do a study on the study of the study of the rate change. And when the desert sands have reclaimed the buildings and the bones have long since returned to the earth, they will say, "We need to do a study on the rate change."

5. Sometime between the end of time and then will they change the rate. However, that is defined as "soon".

Aren’t you glad the government has nothing to do with the exchange rate…me too. 

• Pow! 3

30 minutes ago, Theseus said:

1. Passage of the law.

I once saw a museum display on the Nabataeans. An ancient Arab people. Went out of business. Few people have even heard of them now. But everyone knows of their building, in a movie with Harrison Ford. A few things changed on economics in the ancient world, the Nabataeans disappeared into the desert sands of time.

So I have no doubt that will happen to the present Arabs.

I have a small investment in electric batteries and am looking at nuclear energy to invest in. Between the two, the writing is already on the wall for oil. It will just take time. Not happening tomorrow. I'll buy a Tesla if this Dinar works out. Take my Muslim neighbor for a spin. I won't personally destroy their way of life based on oil, but millions of people just like me, we will. You are likely right on the roll out.

200px-Petra_Jordan_BW_22.JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, DoD said:

Aren’t you glad the government has nothing to do with the exchange rate…me too. 

You are right but wrong at the same time. It is not the Iraqi gov't that has nothing to do with the exchange rate. Now what other gov'ts and/or gov'tal entities would? Word to the wise.

6 hours ago, Rochester said:

I once saw a museum display on the Nabataeans. An ancient Arab people. Went out of business. Few people have even heard of them now. But everyone knows of their building, in a movie with Harrison Ford. A few things changed on economics in the ancient world, the Nabataeans disappeared into the desert sands of time.

I have a small investment in electric batteries and am looking at nuclear energy to invest in. Between the two, the writing is already on the wall for oil. It will just take time. Not happening tomorrow. I'll buy a Tesla if this Dinar works out. Take my Muslim neighbor for a spin. I won't personally destroy their way of life based on oil, but millions of people just like me, we will. You are likely right on the roll out.

The writing is on the wall for oil? Nah! We will never totally get rid of the use of oil. Most people think oil is just to make cars go vroom! Oil is so embedded into everything that the writing on the wall is just a letter in a cacophony of letters to make a sentence. The day we get rid of oil will be the day we get rid of margarine for our english muffins.

• Upvote 3
  • Pow! 1

2022-06-11 03:01

Shafaq News/ The exchange rates of the US dollar rose against the Iraqi dinar, today, Saturday, on the main stock exchange in the capital, Baghdad.

Shafak News Agency correspondent said that the central exchanges of Al-Kifah and Al-Harithiya in Baghdad recorded this morning, an exchange rate of 148,350 Iraqi dinars, compared to 100 US dollars.

On Thursday morning, prices were recorded at 148,275 dinars for every $100.

Our correspondent indicated that the buying and selling prices rose in the banking shops in the local markets in Baghdad, where the selling price amounted to 148750 dinars per 100 dollars, while the purchase prices amounted to 147750 dinars per 100 dollars.

In Erbil, the capital of the Kurdistan Region, the dollar exchange does not trade on public holidays.

• Thanks 1

2022-06-12 02:58

Shafaq News/ The exchange rates of the US dollar against the Iraqi dinar stabilized on Sunday, on the main stock exchange in the capital, Baghdad, and in the Kurdistan Region.

Shafak News Agency correspondent said that the Al-Kifah and Al-Harithiya Central Stock Exchange in Baghdad recorded this morning 148,350 Iraqi dinars, compared to 100 US dollars.

These are the same prices recorded on Saturday morning.

In Erbil, the capital of the Kurdistan Region, dollar prices were also stable, as the selling price reached 148,300 dinars per 100 US dollars, and the purchase price reached 148,100 dinars per 100 US dollars.

• Thanks 1

On 6/10/2022 at 3:16 PM, Rochester said:

A copuple of other things:

Nuclear energy is the type of bad as is "Orange Man Bad" type of bad. Everyone knows it can do wonders and is the most efficacious form of energy but nobody likes the "tweets" so it must be bad, therefore the peoples will lack and suffer.  The US of A no longer builds nuclear power plants because of policy and it takes 50 damn years to get permission and permits to build (not to mention court proceedings) before the first brick is laid. 

Tesla - Model S has braking problems as in it takes 2 to 3 times longer to come to a complete stop at speed with  its Regenerative Braking System. Not good in emergency braking. Oh sure the car will stop, eventually. And what type of environmental impact does the dust from the brakes cause ? Might want to wait on that Tesla. And if you haven't seen my post on EVs as far as they are worse for the environment (not talking Tesla only) then you need to really look into it. Everyone touts EVs are great but as we enter Summer and are threatened from power companies and the media with rolling blackouts, nationwide, it's going to be tough to get your Tesla to go vroom vroom when you have no power to your house or the city is in a blackout. In other words, if you cannot even keep your lights on, how in the heck do you expect to get your car to go vroom? Solar is unreliable in every way, as is wind. You might live near a stream or river but hydroelectric so heavily regulated (even on private property) so that it makes it not feasible for anyone.  That is not to mention what happens to the batteries 1) After you are done using them; 2) their cost currently its cheaper to buy a new EV then replace them);3) diminishing range due to their diminishing effectiveness over the life of the battery (you might be able to go 100 miles today but next year only 80 miles on the same charge), 4) What happens when you get into an automobile accident and hazmat has to be called out to either cleanup from the accident or put out the fire, or both (if it requires a hazmat suit to put out the fire, it's bad for you and the environment). But hey Kermie said it best it is wonderful being green.

• Thanks 5

24 minutes ago, Theseus said:

A copuple of other things:

Nuclear energy is the type of bad as is "Orange Man Bad" type of bad. Everyone knows it can do wonders and is the most efficacious form of energy but nobody likes the "tweets" so it must be bad, therefore the peoples will lack and suffer.  The US of A no longer builds nuclear power plants because of policy and it takes 50 damn years to get permission and permits to build (not to mention court proceedings) before the first brick is laid. 

Tesla - Model S has braking problems as in it takes 2 to 3 times longer to come to a complete stop at speed with  its Regenerative Braking System. Not good in emergency braking. Oh sure the car will stop, eventually. And what type of environmental impact does the dust from the brakes cause ? Might want to wait on that Tesla. And if you haven't seen my post on EVs as far as they are worse for the environment (not talking Tesla only) then you need to really look into it. Everyone touts EVs are great but as we enter Summer and are threatened from power companies and the media with rolling blackouts, nationwide, it's going to be tough to get your Tesla to go vroom vroom when you have no power to your house or the city is in a blackout. In other words, if you cannot even keep your lights on, how in the heck do you expect to get your car to go vroom? Solar is unreliable in every way, as is wind. You might live near a stream or river but hydroelectric so heavily regulated (even on private property) so that it makes it not feasible for anyone.  That is not to mention what happens to the batteries 1) After you are done using them; 2) their cost currently its cheaper to buy a new EV then replace them);3) diminishing range due to their diminishing effectiveness over the life of the battery (you might be able to go 100 miles today but next year only 80 miles on the same charge), 4) What happens when you get into an automobile accident and hazmat has to be called out to either cleanup from the accident or put out the fire, or both (if it requires a hazmat suit to put out the fire, it's bad for you and the environment). But hey Kermie said it best it is wonderful being green.

Enjoyed these posts and thoughts....

Government regulates to the point of almost complete inefficiency...

Nuclear Energy would best be left to private industry..

Going green must be done with economic common sense....right now the numbers don't add up....and why?  Once again look at the Govt and regulations.

As always....follow the money....who benefits from all these regulations and the mandates to go green?

CL 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

On 6/10/2022 at 10:04 AM, Rochester said:

Never thought of that.  Much thanks.

• Thanks 2

If you knew the damage to the Earth that it takes to mine for rare metals (strip mining). People argue against strip mining for coal but yet are silent on strip mining for rare metals. Yeah people think "going green" is great but it makes the world brown instead. Don't get me wrong there has to be advances for things to progress but at this time oil is our best solution and only efficacious solution we have to make our cars go vroom!. Here is what is going to happen if we go green too early, the tech isn't quite ready but its ready enough to be dangerous. That not quite ready will sour a lot of people towards green products. Many, many, many products , not just green a good example of this is actually the gaming industry as so many games have rolled out and failed within a week to a year of the "go live" date, have been great ideas in the beginning. The shareholders then rush to get them out the door and sell them at profit that they end up failing in the end. Yes, I understand the lifecycle of a product which needs money to continue the R&D phases of that cycle. This isn't just a green issue its an issue with consumer confidence and loyalty. When a product is tainted its best just to close up shop and start somewheres new. And when those are lost, its 10 to 50 times harder to recover from. EVs have advanced well enough to be on the roads but they aren't quite there yet. Sometimes and I do mean sometimes, it takes a product release to find a viable solution for the problem caused by the release of a product. Take for example the battery issue in laptops. Hundreds of thousands of laptops hit the trash bin of history every year. Laptops are great but the batteries are not. These batteries, the ones that are still productive, are recycled into other uses like solar batteries (1514 batteries that look like AA batteries.) or other types of batteries. The dead ones end up in landfills tainting our water supplies and soils. (best simpsons show was when they did the nuclear waste cleanup and featured the fish with two heads and 8 eyes funny yes, over exaggerated yes, but not far from the truth) However, you cannot always look for the jon q public to find the solution when it costs people their lives. And right now it is costing people their lives, our children's lives  and the environment. 

Edited by Theseus
  • Upvote 2

2022-06-13 03:11

Shafaq News/ The exchange rates of the US dollar rose against the Iraqi dinar, on Monday, on the main stock exchange in the capital, Baghdad, and in the Kurdistan Region.

Shafak News Agency correspondent said that the Al-Kifah and Al-Harithiya Central Stock Exchange in Baghdad recorded this morning 148,600 Iraqi dinars, compared to 100 US dollars.

While the stock exchange prices on Sunday were 148,350 Iraqi dinars, compared to 100 US dollars.

Our correspondent indicated that the buying and selling prices increased in the banking shops in the local markets in Baghdad, where the selling price amounted to 149,000 Iraqi dinars per 100 US dollars, while the purchase prices amounted to 148000 Iraqi dinars per 100 US dollars.

In Erbil, the capital of the Kurdistan Region, the price of the dollar also increased, as the selling price amounted to 148,600 dinars per 100 US dollars, and the purchase price reached 148,400 dinars per 100 US dollars.

2022-06-14 03:19

Shafaq News/ The exchange rates of the US dollar decreased against the Iraqi dinar, on Tuesday, on the main stock exchange in the capital, Baghdad, and in the Kurdistan Region.

Shafak News Agency correspondent said that the Al-Kifah and Al-Harithiya Central Stock Exchange in Baghdad recorded this morning 148,450 Iraqi dinars, compared to 100 US dollars.

While the stock exchange prices on Monday were 148,600 Iraqi dinars, compared to 100 US dollars.

Our correspondent indicated that buying and selling prices have stabilized in banking shops in the local markets in Baghdad, where the selling price amounted to 149,000 Iraqi dinars per 100 US dollars, while the purchase prices amounted to 148000 Iraqi dinars per 100 US dollars.

In Erbil, the capital of the Kurdistan Region, the dollar prices also witnessed a decrease, as the selling price reached 148,550 dinars per 100 US dollars, and the purchase price reached 148,350 dinars per 100 US dollars.

2022-06-15 03:15

Shafaq News/ The exchange rates of the US dollar decreased against the Iraqi dinar, on Wednesday, in the main stock exchange in the capital, Baghdad, and in the Kurdistan Region.

Shafak News Agency correspondent said that the Al-Kifah and Al-Harithiya Central Stock Exchange in Baghdad recorded this morning 148,300 Iraqi dinars, compared to 100 US dollars.

While the stock exchange prices for yesterday, Tuesday, were 148,450 Iraqi dinars, compared to 100 US dollars.

Our correspondent indicated that buying and selling prices decreased in banking shops in the local markets in Baghdad, where the selling price reached 148,750 Iraqi dinars per 100 US dollars, while the purchase prices amounted to 147,750 Iraqi dinars per 100 US dollars.

In Erbil, the capital of the Kurdistan Region, the price of the dollar also witnessed a decrease, as the selling price reached 148,350 dinars per 100 US dollars, and the purchase price reached 148,100 dinars per 100 US dollars.