Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Al-Rafidain Bank stops withdrawals and deposits, starting from Thursday

yota691

Al-Rafidain Bank stops withdrawals and deposits, starting from Thursday

Baghdad - people   

Al-Rafidain Bank announced, on Wednesday, the suspension of withdrawals and deposits from savings accounts, starting from tomorrow, Thursday, corresponding to 12/23/2021, until Monday, corresponding to 3/1/2022.  

And the bank’s media office explained in a statement that “Nas” received a copy of it (December 22, 2021), that “the suspensions come in order to pay the annual accounts and calculate the interests of savings accounts, as well as organizing budgets.”  

The bank also decided, "to close the doors of all its branches on Sunday, 2/1/ 2022, for the purpose of paying the annual accounts and for implementing the bank's accounts that are applicable every year." 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 9

2021-12-22 07:03

Shafaq News/ Al-Rafidain Bank announced, on Wednesday, the suspension of withdrawals and deposits from savings accounts, starting from tomorrow, Thursday, corresponding to 12/23/2021, until Monday, corresponding to 3/1/2022.

The bank's media office said, in a statement received to Shafak News Agency, that "the suspensions come in order to pay the annual accounts, calculate the interests of savings accounts, as well as organize budgets."

The bank also decided to close the doors of all its branches on Sunday, 2/1/ 2022, for the purpose of paying the annual accounts and for implementing the bank’s accounts that are applicable every year.

• Thanks 7
  • Upvote 5

I don’t remember Iraqi banks doing this either! Stop all deposits or withdrawals???? Maybe it’s happened before and I just don’t remember!! This is getting interesting! Trying to control my Hopium intake! BUT it is fun to dream, I’m hoping that we will see all our dreams come true! Maybe Adam will weigh in on it! Maybe Not! I still like the news coming out ! JMHO!🤠 Happy New Year!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Artitech said:

I don’t remember Iraqi banks doing this either! Stop all deposits or withdrawals???? Maybe it’s happened before and I just don’t remember!! This is getting interesting! Trying to control my Hopium intake! BUT it is fun to dream, I’m hoping that we will see all our dreams come true! Maybe Adam will weigh in on it! Maybe Not! I still like the news coming out ! JMHO!🤠 Happy New Year!!!

Thank you for your post. I feel the same way. Been in this 12+ and I also feel we have seen this before. Maybe, not this length but I feel it isn’t the first time. 🤞🙏 that we are close but I’m not going hold my breath. It is Iraq after all. 😡

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I am also trying to recall anytime this has happened. Its seemed like we've had so many of these type of things happen before that they all kind of run together through the years. But for some reason this one seems much different due to the Kuwait pay off being completed, the borders reopening for trade between the two countries and the Chpt VII talk going on too!! GO RV

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

5 hours ago, chris2028 said:

I am also trying to recall anytime this has happened. Its seemed like we've had so many of these type of things happen before that they all kind of run together through the years. But for some reason this one seems much different due to the Kuwait pay off being completed, the borders reopening for trade between the two countries and the Chpt VII talk going on too!! GO RV

yep also FML and budget takes effect from Jan st

• Like 1
  • Pow! 3

6 hours ago, Artitech said:

never before have they stopped deposits and withdrawals or stop issuing credit.....

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 2

12 minutes ago, Spartakus said:

People have very short memory, they've done the same thing last year. That doesn't mean that this time is exactly like last time.

I don’t remember

can you back up your views

just asking

i don’t remember 

If I get time I will look up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

This is why the Iraqi people keep "chunky money".  They don't trust the banks and actions like this cause more distrust.  I hope it is to change the rate or something else that would benefit the Iraqi people, because if they are simply doing this as a "normal business thing", the Iraqi people will start taking their money back out of the banks.  Wouldn't you, if your bank wouldn't let you have access to your money?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2