Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Frankie HI-NRG MC - Quelli Che Benpensano (Right -Thinking People)

umbertino

Meaning.. those who believe  they are always thinking the RIGHT thing...no doubts whatsoever ...

NOT meaning people politically on the right...Just to be clear 

In the translation I do realize it's very difficult for non-Italians to get the sense of  some typical Italian expressions which is really complicated to render in the Anglo-American culture ( and consequentely in translation)...As some lines are typical of Italian culture and way of living...So some stuff may sound real weird and/or absurd to other cultures and it'd get too long to try and explain everything behind the meaning....Sorry about that

They're all around us, among us, in many cases we are the ones making promises that we never keep, unless for selfish reasons. The only end is usefulness, the means are every possibility, the stakes as high as can be, and winning is an imperative - and don't give anybody else a chance to participate. In the logic of this game, the only rule is being shrewd: no scruples, no respect for others because the last ones will remain the last if the first are inaccessible.

They are many of them, arrogant with the weakest, servile with the powerful, they are replicants (1), they are all identical, look at them: they hide behind masks and they're indistinguishable. They climb upwards like lizards, and if they lose their tail, they buy a new one. They do what they want so that people will know what they've done: they spend money, spread money, they are what they own....

Chorus:
They are all around me, but they don't speak to me.... They are like me, but they feel better than me.... (x2)

... and just like suppositories, they live in fully-optioned blisters, with dogs louder than 120 decibels and more dwarves than in Disneyland, they live with the fear of looking poor: they show what they have, all the rest they lust after, then they buy, in constant escalation with their neighbour: from the lawn up to the sky, they have more satellite dishes (2) on their roofs than Mark has paraboles in Gosepl....

They are those who wash their cars on Saturdays and then spend the evenings scorching the asphalt and hitting little kids, they are average (3), like the class they're part of, they are ground-ground(4) like the missiles they look like. Uptight, they cover themselves in powder (5), soaked in alcohol and then they smash themselves against a tree - BOOM! - Noses white as Fruit of the Loom that become redder than a level of Doom (6).

Chorus:
They are all around me, but they don't speak to me.... They are like me, but they feel better than me.... (x2)

Each one out for himself, keeping God for himself, holding hands across the church pews on Sundays - hypocritical hands - hands that do things you don't talk about, in fear the other hands might talk - what a scandal - hands that then sign petitions for expulsions (7), hands as smooths as castor oil (8), hands that wield billy clubs, hands that stuff their pockets with jewelry, hands that climb on the back of their brothers. Those that say, it's no longer safe to walk at night, those who go with a ***** while their sons watch TV, those who act like the bossman, those that buy "Class" (9), those who are so sophisticated they call the NAS (10), plastic nightmares, those who would like to set every gypsy woman on fire, but the only ones they turn on is those who give them charity each night, when I hide myself on the dark side of their Black Moon (11).