Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Blinken: America is now stronger internally and externally

yota691

US President Joe Biden is preparing to fulfill one of his key campaign promises by holding a democracy summit in a first-of-its-kind event involving more than 100 countries to help stem the decline in democracy and the erosion of rights and freedoms around the world.

But rights advocates are skeptical about whether this online event can push invited world leaders, some of whom are accused of authoritarianism, to a meaningful way to achieve this goal.

“If this summit is to become more than just another meeting, every participant, including the United States, will have to make meaningful commitments on democracy and rights issues for the year,” said Annie Boyajian, vice president for policy and advocacy at the nonprofit organization Freedom House specializing in human rights and democracy. coming.”

Administration officials say the December event is nothing more than a "launch" of a longer debate on democracy and that states will have to deliver on promised reforms to be invited to next year's follow-up summit.

The summit, which will be held on December 9 and 10, is a test of what Biden has said for a long time, and stated in his foreign policy speech in February, that the United States will return to global leadership in his era to confront the forces of totalitarian rule, led by China and Russia.

An initial list of the invitees, which was first published by Politico, and confirmed by an informed source, shows that the summit will be attended by mature democratic regimes such as France and Sweden and countries such as the Philippines and Poland, in which activists say democracy is in danger.

In Asia, some US allies such as Japan and South Korea will be invited, while others such as Thailand and Vietnam are not.

The representation of Middle Eastern countries is also limited as Israel and Iraq are among the few invited, while prominent US allies such as Egypt and NATO member Turkey are not included in the list.

Rights groups applaud Biden's pledge to reinstate the standard of spreading freedoms and rights as a foreign policy priority, in contrast to the perseverance of his predecessor, Donald Trump, who praised leaders such as Russia's Vladimir Putin.

"It is clear that strategic considerations in countering China have a role to play in inviting restive and declining democracies such as India and the Philippines, which are next door to China," said Amy Hawthorne, director of Middle East research for the Democracy Project, a pro-democracy group.

She added: "The same may be true of the invitation of Iraq, where democracy is deeply flawed and where the neighborhood with the Iranian clerical regime, the opponent of the United States."
  • Thanks 3

Talk about a walking CONTRADITION!!!!!  Coma Joe and fellow demorats killing our democracy 

and trying to force other countries to change. What a joke   :rolleyes:

6 hours ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

Really? To “confront” them or to join them…?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 4

14 minutes ago, horsesoldier said:

I read the other day where the Gov. of Florida referenced the “ Brandon Administration “ in a press conference. 

Just gets better & better with Coma Joe.

He HAS started referring to the administration as "Brandon"..and continues dailey.

We truly love our Governor out here...He's a true patriot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 3

30 minutes ago, HowieC said:

He HAS started referring to the administration as "Brandon"..and continues dailey.

100% correct .... I love our Governor !!!

people say they want him to run for President in 2024 .... I say No No No because I don’t want to lose him as Governor, I guess that’s being selfish 

he would be a great President 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 3

The summit, which will be held on December 9 and 10, is a test of what Biden has said for a long time, and stated in his foreign policy speech in February, that the United States will return to global leadership in his era to confront the forces of totalitarian rule, led by China and Russia.

What a farce - It seems to me that the Biden/Obama administration is attempting to establish totalitarian rule here in the US...:salute:

• Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 8

1 hour ago, HowieC said:

40 minutes ago, Shelley said:

100% correct .... I love our Governor !!!

people say they want him to run for President in 2024 .... I say No No No because I don’t want to lose him as Governor, I guess that’s being selfish 

he would be a great President 

We all love Governor DeSantis.  

I feel like you do, Shelley.  I don't want Florida to lose him either, but he sure would make a great President.

I feel so lucky to live in Florida.  We have the best Governor in the country.   😄 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 3

2 minutes ago, Floridian said:

I feel like you do, Shelley.  I don't want Florida to lose him either, but he sure would make a great President.

I feel so lucky to live in Florida.  We have the best Governor in the country.   😄 

That’s why the Brandon administration 

Hates him 😎

• Pow! 2

So I cannot ask FL to swap our so called republican Gov Baker with ya? Is that a big fat

no?  Well I will have to move to Florida with a lot of friends and some neighbors who

are leaving.:lmao: 

2 hours ago, HowieC said:

Go Brandon 🙄

My son had to show me what the Brandon thing was about OMG :lmao: :lmao:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, nannab said:

So I cannot ask FL to swap our so called republican Gov Baker with ya? Is that a big fat

no?  Well I will have to move to Florida with a lot of friends and some neighbors who

are leaving.:lmao: 

My son had to show me what the Brandon thing was about OMG :lmao: :lmao:

Haha....Had to ask my wife about Brandon ! YES....come on out! We moved here 3 months ago from Vegas....love it.

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 2

America is the largest Corporation in the world and requires an extraordinary CEO/CFO.  Not the CEO of Jersey Mike’s Subs, but a super aggressive pit bull CEO such as Donald Trump. And, say no to global lawlessness, and yes to lawfulness before God.  Stop voting for men and women from any party the continue to call evil good and good evil for God’s sake.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

On 11/7/2021 at 7:42 PM, Floridian said:

And he just filed today to run for Governor in 2022!!

• Pow! 5

• 3 weeks later...
Iraq separates from the Middle East in Biden's invitation to a global summit on democracy

{Political: Al Furat News} US President Joe Biden has invited the leaders of about 110 countries to participate in a virtual summit on democracy that he intends to organize next December.

And the summit, which will be held on the ninth and tenth of next month, was not invited by any of the Arab countries traditionally allies of the United States, such as Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Qatar and the UAE.

A list published by the US State Department on Tuesday included only two countries from the Middle East, "Iraq" and Israel.

Biden did not invite China, the main rival of the United States, to this summit, unlike what he did with Taiwan, in a move that would anger Beijing.

In addition to the Western allies of the United States, the list included especially countries such as India and Pakistan, but in return it was absent from Turkey, a member of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.

By contrast, Biden has invited Brazil to the summit, even though the giant Latin American country is led by a controversial hard-right president, Jair Bolsonaro.

From Europe, the list of invited countries included Poland, which the European Union accuses of not respecting the rule of law, but in return it was devoid of Hungary, which is led by a controversial Prime Minister, Viktor Orban.

As for the brown continent, the list of invited countries included South Africa, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Nigeria and Niger.

• Thanks 1

Good Morning yota….

Curious to who put together the list of countries to invite and the topic of his conference besides “Let’s go Democracy”…

He wants America to retake the position of world leadership but doesn’t invite some of the big dogs to his party…

America at present is the laughing stock of the world and sleepy joes dog and pony show will be attended by the same countries that begs for and receives financial aid from the USA. Will he try to convince Iraq and South Africa to open their borders like we do here in America for all emigrants to invade to enjoy our democracy…

• Like 3
  • Pow! 1

14 minutes ago, DoD said:

Will he try to convince Iraq and South Africa to open their borders like we do here in America for all emigrants to invade to enjoy our democracy…

Good Morning DoD....The invasion creates the dilution of one culture and it foundation. It a Plus for the Cancel Culture...

Is this summit going talk about the modern-day slaves still sold in Africa, I doubt it...

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DoD said:

Good Morning yota….

Curious to who put together the list of countries to invite and the topic of his conference besides “Let’s go Democracy”…

He wants America to retake the position of world leadership but doesn’t invite some of the big dogs to his party…

America at present is the laughing stock of the world and sleepy joes dog and pony show will be attended by the same countries that begs for and receives financial aid from the USA. Will he try to convince Iraq and South Africa to open their borders like we do here in America for all emigrants to invade to enjoy our democracy…

Here are some factual data on islam attacks. I wonder how many obummer and jo has let into our nation?

Only time will tell.

Since the media trys to hide terrorist attacks so we will open armed invite these people into our country, I did a search this morning and this is what I found. 

Is this what we want to welcome and become into our country?

https://www.fondapol.org/en/study/islamist-terrorist-attacks-in-the-world-1979-2021/

enquete-terrorisme-2021-couv-gb-w-format
 English Français 

Summary

The period between the invasion of Afghanistan by the Red Army in 1979 and the capture of Kabul by the Taliban on 15 August 2021 corresponds to a rise in Islamist terrorism. As attacks have multiplied, they have struck all over the world, reaching into the heart of Western countries – New York, Madrid, London, Paris, Moscow… – exacerbating feelings of fear, mistrust and suspicion of Muslims, and even of anti-Muslim sentiment. In democracies, Islamist terrorism fosters both rejection of Islam and demands for authoritarianism.

Despite its importance, the reality of this violence has not been accurately measured. The Fondation pour l’innovation politique wanted to contribute to this assessment by quantifying Islamist terrorism, identifying the forms it has taken over the decades, listing the acts it may have inspired or initiated, estimating the number of its victims, and identifying the most deadly organisations and the countries most affected. This pioneering work was published in November 2019 in a report entitled Islamist terrorist attacks in the world. 1979-2019, available online at fondapol.org, in French, English and Arabic. To do this, we collected a huge amount of information, to the point of building a voluminous database available in open data on our website data.fondapol.org.

Two years later, we offer readers an update of our database, which has become indispensable for the description and understanding of a new and singularly problematic political reality. The update of the study proposed here extends through May 2021.

The revival of this important work echoes the commemoration of the 9/11 terrorist attacks in the United States. The twentieth anniversary of this tragedy coincides with President Biden’s announcement of the U.S.’ withdrawal from Afghanistan, the Taliban takeover of Kabul on 15 August 2021, and the withdrawal of the last U.S. troops from Afghanistan on 31 August 2021.

We believe that the mass of information gathered sheds new light on the phenomenon of Islamist violence. It makes it possible to better describe it, to better understand it, to document its severity. Thus, by way of illustration, we can establish that between 1979 and May 2021, at least 48,035 Islamist terrorist attacks took place worldwide. They caused the deaths of at least 210,138 people. On average, an Islamist attack has resulted in the death of around 4.4 people. We identify and quantify the modus operandi and targets. Explosives are the most common type of weapon used (43.9%), while the military is the main target (31.7%), ahead of civilians (25.0%) and police forces (18.3%). The picture of this phenomenon is becoming clearer. Afghanistan was the country most affected by Islamist terrorism, ahead of Iraq and Somalia. Within the European Union, France was the country most affected, with at least 82 Islamist attacks and 332 deaths. We also show that the majority of Islamist attacks (89.5%) were in Muslim countries and that the victims were mainly Muslims, in the same proportions.

Between 1979 and May 2021, we counted 48,035 Islamist terrorist attacks around the world, which have resulted in the deaths of at least 210,138 people.

• 1979-2000: 2,194 attacks and 6,817 deaths.
• 2001-2012: 8,265 attacks and 38,186 deaths.
• 2013-May 2021: 37,576 attacks and 165,135 deaths.

On average, an Islamist terrorist attack caused the deaths of 4.4 people.

• 1979-2000: an attack killed an average of 3.1 people.
• 2001-2012: an attack killed an average of 4.6 people.
• 2013-May 2021: an attack killed 4.4 people.

Explosives were the most used weapon (43.9% in 21,082 attacks), followed by firearms (16,649 attacks), melee weapons such as knives or machetes (2,120 attacks), and incendiary weapons (960 attacks).

• 1979-2000: firearms (911), explosives (856), melee weapons (124), incendiary weapons (68).
• 2001-2012: explosives (4,516), firearms (2,572), incendiary weapons (234), melee weapons (198).
• 2013-May 2021: explosives (15,710), firearms (13,166), melee weapons (1,798), incendiary weapons (658).

The Middle East and North Africa, South Asia, and Sub-Saharan Africa accounted for 95.7% of Islamist terrorist attacks between 1979 and May 2021.

• South Asia: 40.1% of attacks, 38.2% of deaths.
• Middle East and North Africa: 32.4% of attacks, 36.5% of deaths.
• Sub-Saharan Africa: 23.2% of attacks, 21.7% of deaths.
• Southeast Asia: 3.5% of attacks, 1.2% of deaths.
• Europe: 0.6% of attacks, 0.8% of deaths.

• North America: 0.1% of attacks, 1.5% of deaths.
• Oceania: 0.02% of attacks, 0.01% of deaths.
• South America: 0.01% of attacks, 0.1% of deaths.

Afghanistan was the country most affected by Islamist terrorism, ahead of Iraq and Somalia.

The countries most affected by Islamist terrorism are Afghanistan (15,874 attacks), Iraq (7,469 attacks), Somalia (5,265 attacks), Nigeria (2,938 attacks), Pakistan (2,299 attacks), Syria (1,654 attacks), Algeria (1,386 attacks), Yemen (1,289 attacks), Egypt (1,211 attacks), the Philippines (1,163 attacks), India (898 attacks), and Libya (736 attacks).

In these twelve countries, 187,284 deaths were caused by Islamist terrorist attacks, representing 89.1% of the total number of deaths worldwide.

France was the country most affected by Islamist terrorism in the European Union, with 82 attacks committed on its soil between 1979 and May 2021. At least 332 people were killed in these attacks.

• 1979-2000: 24 attacks, 32 deaths.
• 2001-2012: 8 attacks, 7 deaths.
• 2013-May 2021: 50 attacks, 293 deaths.

The indirect confrontation in Afghanistan between the American and Soviet powers is one of the major causes of Islamist violence of the 21st century.

The United States and Russia have also been hit by jihadist terrorism. During the period 1979-2021, there were 58 attacks in the United States and 3,121 deaths, and 85 attacks in Russia, resulting in 844 deaths.

The military is the main target (31.7%) of Islamist terrorists, ahead of civilians (25.0%) and police forces (18.3%).

• 1979-2000: civilians (425 attacks, 19.4%), military (343 attacks, 15.6%), police (408 attacks, 18.6%).
• 2001-2012: civilians (2,169 attacks, 26.2%), military (1,411 attacks, 17.1%), police (1,427 attacks, 17.3%).
• 2013-May 2021: military (13,476 attacks, 35.9%), civilians (9,420 attacks, 25.1%), police (6,937 attacks, 18.5%).

Most (89.5%) of Islamist terrorist attacks have occurred in Muslim countries1. Similarly, the vast majority of deaths from Islamist terrorist attacks (91.7%) occurred in Muslim countries.
Number of Islamist terrorist attacks in Muslim countries: 43,002 attacks (89.5% of Islamist terrorist attacks worldwide).
• Number of deaths caused by Islamist terrorist attacks in Muslim countries: 192,782 deaths (91.7% of deaths caused by Islamist terrorist attacks worldwide).

It should be noted that these figures underestimate the reality since they do not take into account the Islamist terrorist attacks perpetrated in countries with a non-Muslim majority where Muslim populations are concentrated in certain provinces. This is the case, for example, in southern Thailand, where Muslims are in the majority in the provinces of Satun, Yala, Pattani and Narathiwat, but also in the Philippines, in the region of Mindanao; in India, in the province of Jammu and Kashmir; and in China, in the Uyghur autonomous region of Xinjiang

Over the entire period of time studied here, the Taliban was the deadliest group. Its terrorist actions resulted in the deaths of 69,303 people.

The deadliest terrorist organisations, taking into account their various offshoots, were the Taliban (69,303 deaths), the Islamic State group (58,632 deaths), Boko Haram (25,719 deaths), and al Qaeda (14,359 deaths). These four terrorist groups were responsible for more than three-quarters (80.0%) of the victims of Islamist terrorist attacks between 1979 and May 2021

Notes
1. Muslim countries: Afghanistan, Algeria, Azerbaijan

• Thanks 1

Democracy vs hypocrisy: Biden’s ‘Summit for Democracy’ | The Bottom Line
1,659 views Nov 25, 2021

Al Jazeera English

US President Joe Biden had been in office for a few days when he announced that he would hold a virtual “Summit for Democracy” to “push back authoritarianism’s advance” worldwide.

But after the world watched the disregard for rule of law, expansion of executive power and mistrust of elections spread throughout the United States, the question is: What moral authority does Washington have to lecture the rest of the world about democracy?

Host Steve Clemons speaks with former US diplomat Daniel Fried, Foreign Policy magazine columnist Elise Labott, and Progressive International Coordinator David Adler about the prospects for the summit.

Democracy doesn’t happen by accident.
We have to defend it, fight for it, strengthen it, renew it.
PRESIDENT JOSEPH R. BIDEN, JR.
FEBRUARY 2021

Since day one, the Biden-Harris Administration has made clear that renewing democracy in the United States and around the world is essential to meeting the unprecedented challenges of our time.

As President Biden stated on the International Day of Democracy, “No democracy is perfect, and no democracy is ever final. Every gain made, every barrier broken, is the result of determined, unceasing work.”

On December 9-10, 2021, President Biden will host the first of two Summits for Democracy, which will bring together leaders from government, civil society, and the private sector to set forth an affirmative agenda for democratic renewal and to tackle the greatest threats faced by democracies today through collective action.

The December 2021 Summit

On December 9-10, 2021, President Biden will host a virtual summit for leaders from government, civil society, and the private sector. The summit will focus on challenges and opportunities facing democracies and will provide a platform for leaders to announce both individual and collective commitments, reforms, and initiatives to defend democracy and human rights at home and abroad.

For the United States, the summit will offer an opportunity to listen, learn, and engage with a diverse range of actors whose support and commitment is critical for global democratic renewal. It will also showcase one of democracy’s unique strengths: the ability to acknowledge its imperfections and confront them openly and transparently, so that we may, as the United States Constitution puts it, “form a more perfect union.”

In advance of the first summit, we are consulting with experts from government, multilateral organizations, philanthropies, civil society, and the private sector to solicit bold, practicable ideas around three key themes:

1. Defending against authoritarianism
  2. Addressing and fighting corruption
  3. Promoting respect for human rights

Leaders will be encouraged to announce specific actions and commitments to meaningful internal reforms and international initiatives that advance the Summit’s goals.

These pledges will include domestic and international initiatives that counter authoritarianism, combat corruption, and promote respect for human rights.

Civil society will be represented on panels and in townhalls as a part of the official program. Their inclusion is based on a variety of factors including geographic representation, political context, and subject matter expertise.

Four people including two children speaking into microphones around a table.Young people in San Vicente de Caguán, Colombia speak to a local radio program about how youth are preserving historical memory through arts and communications. (Photo by: Katherine Ko, ACDI/VOCA, licensed under CC BY-NC 2.0)

Joe Biden invites Taiwan to democracy summit, China & Russia not invited | WION | World English News
81,494 views Nov 24, 2021

WION

In a move that will most likely anger China, US President Joe Biden has invited Taiwan to a summit for democracy next month. According to the US state department, the summit is expected to focus on three principle themes- defending against authoritarianism, fighting corruption, and respect for human rights.

China says US making 'mistake' after Biden invites Taiwan to democracy summit
48,757 views Nov 24, 2021

CNA

China and Russia have accused the United States of trying to divide the world. Both have hit out after being left out of a democracy summit being organized by US President Joe Biden. However, Taiwan is on the guest list, prompting further outrage from Beijing. 110 governments have been invited to Washington's first-ever democracy summit. The virtual Summit for Democracy, which takes place online on Dec 9 and 10, is aimed at promoting freedoms and human rights worldwide.

• Haha 1