Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

US gives $19m to Vulnerable Families in Iraq

ronscarpa

US gives $19m to Vulnerable Families in Iraq

24th November 2021 in Blog - iraq-businessnews

The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) welcomes a timely and generous contribution of US$19.24 million from the U.S. Agency for International Development's Bureau for Humanitarian Assistance (USAID-BHA).

The funding will help provide life-saving assistance to 181,000 displaced Iraqis and 72,000 Syrian refugees in the form of cash transfers that support their immediate food needs.

The U.S. support is helping ensure that people can meet basic food and nutrition needs during and in the aftermath of crises - including post-conflict and through the COVID-19 pandemic.

This will also enable them to withdraw the money they are entitled to at their convenience without being limited to one location, encouraging a streamlined and efficient process of humanitarian assistance delivery and social distancing.

"With an estimated 1.2 million people in Iraq who remain displaced and 90,000 Syrian refugees in camps, the United States continues its support to WFP's life-saving efforts to address acute humanitarian needs," said USAID/Iraq Mission Director John Cardenas.

"This contribution will also aim to further digitalize the Public Distribution System (PDS), which is a critical step to strengthening the Government of Iraq's social protection system to address citizens' needs."

In addition to helping WFP provide vital food assistance to displaced Iraqi families and Syrian refugees, this new contribution will allow WFP to better support millions of Iraqis all over the country through the digitalization of the PDS system with the Ministry of Trade, which allows for more accurate and timely assistance of actual people in need with monthly food rations provided by the Government of Iraq.

"We are thankful for the steadfast support of the US government and people of the United States in providing assistance to vulnerable displaced Iraqis and Syrian refugees as well as in enhancing social protection, through the reform of the PDS and strengthening the capacities of the Iraqi government," said WFP Representative in Iraq Ally-Raza Qureshi.

"The contribution will ensure that progress made in improving the food security of displaced families and refugees is maintained,

and that essential technical support to the Government of Iraq for digitalizing the largest public distribution system which supports millions of Iraqis, continues."

Since 2010, USAID has been a consistent partner to WFP's emergency operation in Iraq. This collaboration expanded to support social protection initiatives in 2019. WFP and the Ministry of Trade continue to roll out the 'Tamwini' ('My Food Ration') smartphone application to families in Najaf governorate and are in the process of scaling up to include people in 15 other governorates.

The app enables households to easily and quickly update their data on their phone, such as a birth or a marriage, saving time and enhancing accuracy.

(Source: UN)

• Thanks 4

jeepguy, what I’m wondering is how many homeless USA vets that 19 million would feed. We’re paying as much as $5.00 for a gallon of gas to help feed the Iraqis and our leaders think we need to send them more…

no wonder the illegals crash our borders to get on the gravy train. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7
  • Pow! 3

59 minutes ago, DoD said:

what I’m wondering is how many homeless USA vets that 19 million would feed. We’re paying as much as $5.00 for a gallon of gas to help feed the Iraqis and our leaders think we need to send them more…no wonder the illegals crash our borders to get on the gravy train. 

I'm in total agreement with you DoD...I was thinking the same thing when I made the post.

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, jg1 said:

I wonder if vulnerable family's include the terrorists. Joe has done so much to help them in Afghanistan. Lets go brandon. A turkey for every terrorist. Sheeez.

With that much money they might be having prime rib on us tax payers mean while I’m having spam

LGB

• Haha 2
  • Pow! 2

2 hours ago, DoD said:

jeepguy, what I’m wondering is how many homeless USA vets that 19 million would feed. We’re paying as much as $5.00 for a gallon of gas to help feed the Iraqis and our leaders think we need to send them more…

no wonder the illegals crash our borders to get on the gravy train. 

Same problem here

the ones we should help

arent getting it

i got 20 year olds begging for change

cant find work.which everyone is hiring

i tell them this

i get told to go ???

problem is real men need help

they just cannot ask

so yes it makes me just as sick

god bless the world

we need it

• Upvote 6

21 minutes ago, davis411 said:

Same problem here

the ones we should help

arent getting it

i got 20 year olds begging for change

cant find work.which everyone is hiring

i tell them this

i get told to go ???

problem is real men need help

they just cannot ask

so yes it makes me just as sick

god bless the world

we need it

How many millions of illegals are they letting in across the boarder? Those are jobs no longer american jobs. They aren't just cleaning toilets. Who's ss# are they using, or are they working for cash under or above the table nowadays.

Free bene'$, medical care, holding government office, voting. Years ago, I could pick up jobs mowing lawns. Not any more. Just like construction, housekeeping, yadayada yada. The rest of the jobs have probably been given to other countries that are having difficulty. Sad. We are becoming just another sugar honey ice and tea 💩-hole/ decode please, dont want to klcked this special day. Americans only, not just first. 🦃🤗🥓

• Upvote 1

• yota691 changed the title to US gives $19m to Vulnerable Families in Iraq

How did this country’s leadership become this crazy?? I don’t want to give a dime for Americans who are not mentally or physically challenged . BUT I want everyone of those to be housed, fed, and clothed before one foreigner receives a dollar or first benefit from our tax dollars. 

Edited by Bama Girl
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2