Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Gulf Cooperation: We are ready to work with Iraq

yota691

20 hours ago, Laid Back said:

“The government is interested in developing relations with the countries of the Cooperation Council at all levels”

- United Arab Emirates $0.27

- Saudi Arabia $0.27

- Qatar $0.27

- Oman $2.60

- Kuwait $3.30

- Bahrain $2.65

- Iraq $0.00068

This will have to change sooner than later.

Go Iraq 

Go international 

Go purchasing power 

well before they join i would say

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Laid Back said:

“The government is interested in developing relations with the countries of the Cooperation Council at all levels”

- United Arab Emirates $0.27

- Saudi Arabia $0.27

- Qatar $0.27

- Oman $2.60

- Kuwait $3.30

- Bahrain $2.65

- Iraq $0.00068

This will have to change sooner than later.

Go Iraq 

Go international 

Go purchasing power 

nice GCC basket I would say

• Thanks 1
  • Pow! 2

1 hour ago, Laid Back said:

Openness to the World 🌍 

Iraq continues moving towards an open market economy.

Go iraq

Go international 

Go open market economy 

Go stronger dinar

Thank you LB I always appreciate your posts, and my comment is not to detract from your comment but when I read this post my first thoughts were yes, but Iraq has been moving towards a market economy for years.

I am sure that one day Iraq will be openly competitive and I do hope it will be in my lifetime.. 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

According to a circulating video, the Iraqi Foreign Minister interviews an Israeli channel

political |   04:19 - 21/11/2021

Baghdad - Mawazine News

On Sunday, Iraqi Foreign Minister Fouad Hussein held an interview with an Israeli channel while he was in Bahrain.
According to a video clip circulating on social media platforms, which was reviewed by Mawazine News, the minister had an interview with the Israeli channel "I News 24" while he was in Bahrain to participate in the Manama Dialogue.

• Thanks 1

Kurdistan is in an advanced stage in terms of security and economy..and a gateway to all of Iraq 

Kurdistan24 Erbil 

Kurdistan Regional Government Prime Minister Masrour Barzani
Kurdistan Regional Government Prime Minister Masrour Barzani

Erbil (Kurdistan 24) - Kurdistan Regional Government Prime Minister Masrour Barzani said on Sunday that the region is in an advanced stage in terms of security and economics.

Masrour Barzani said in response to a question by the delegate of Kurdistan 24, on the sidelines of his participation in the "Manama Dialogue" summit, "We always say that the Kurdistan Region can be a gateway to goodness and blessing that benefits all of Iraq."

He added, "The region, in terms of security and economics, is in a more advanced stage, and we hope that this step will be a catalyst for the rest of Iraq's regions to advance the economy in the country."

Regarding the Manama summit, Masrour Barzani stressed that "the region's participation was strong, as many meetings and meetings were held."

163749795364565467657.jpg

Masrour Barzani indicated that the security issue is no longer an issue of a country or region alone, but rather requires international cooperation and coordination.

The President of the Kurdistan Regional Government stated that the US Secretary of Defense promised to continue cooperation in the fight against ISIS, praising the role of the Peshmerga and security institutions in the Kurdistan Region.

"All parties still feel that ISIS is a real threat," he added.

With regard to the role of the Kurdistan Region in forming the new Iraqi government, the head of the regional government said, "Kurdistan is always open for good and benefit for Iraq and for all Iraqis."

He explained that Kurdistan is in a more advanced stage in terms of security, while expressing his hope that these steps will help other regions of Iraq to restore security and economic recovery.

• Thanks 2

Kurdistan24 Erbil 

Part of the meeting - Photo: Iraqi Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Part of the meeting - Photo: Iraqi Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Erbil (Kurdistan 24) - Iraqi Foreign Minister Fouad Hussein discussed today, Friday, with the Secretary-General of the Gulf Cooperation Council, Nayef Al-Hajraf, ways to activate the mechanisms of joint action.

In a statement, which Kurdistan received 24 copies of, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs stated that the two sides also discussed "a number of issues concerned with joint Arab action."

The two sides also stressed the need for "the necessity of activating the mechanisms of joint work with the Gulf Cooperation Council to reflect the depth of relations and the common interests they entail."

This meeting comes within the framework of the participation of the Iraqi Foreign Minister in the Manama Dialogue held in the Bahraini capital with the participation of the Kurdistan Region.

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, NoviceInvestor said:

Thank you LB I always appreciate your posts, and my comment is not to detract from your comment but when I read this post my first thoughts were yes, but Iraq has been moving towards a market economy for years.

I am sure that one day Iraq will be openly competitive and I do hope it will be in my lifetime.. 

Thanks for your input Noviceinvestor,

In the past Iraq didn’t have the reform project (White Papers) the roadmap to an open market economy. Since the white papers were implemented we can see progress in all areas…. Just my opinion.!

Go Iraq 

Go reform project 

Go development 

Go economic growth 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

17 hours ago, JonnyV said:

It’s difficult to get excited after 16/17 years (lost count) of delays.  

Ain’t it the truth....been riding this roller coaster since the Spring of ‘04. :facepalm:.

I had a thick full head of hair then : now I shave my head cuz all I got left is some fuzz. 😀 . . . Now it’s growing sideways and coming outta my ears -  WTF ! 

Getting older is like riding the Bumper Cars in the Twilight Zone. Just never know from which direction you’re getting smacked with one of life’s drive by’s huh.

• Haha 3

Baghdad: morning
 Cairo: Israa Khalifa

Foreign Minister Fouad Hussein stressed that Iraq has strengthened its efforts by adopting a comprehensive national strategy to combat terrorism, especially the terrorist organization ISIS, and prevent it from infiltrating society or controlling cities.

Hussein said, in Iraq’s speech at the Regional Security Summit in the Bahraini capital, Manama, in a statement by the ministry: “Extending bridges of trust and cooperation between the countries of the world, and giving priority to the language of dialogue are very important in order to create a safe and stable environment that guarantees a decent life for peoples, and to achieve the requirements of economic and social prosperity that It is a vital and essential requirement.”
He added, "We remember with you the great efforts made by Iraq in confronting terrorism, which would not have been achieved without the societal awareness and Iraqi national cohesion, and the great efforts made by our security forces of all kinds to confront terrorism with the support and backing of brothers, friends and partners under the umbrella of the international coalition."
The foreign minister continued, "The global political map has recently witnessed the emergence of extremist organizations again, and the Middle East and North Africa may be the first affected by this serious challenge."
Meanwhile, the Minister of Foreign Affairs discussed, with the Secretary-General of the Arab Gulf States, Nayef Al-Hajraf, during his participation in the work of the Regional Security Summit/Manama Dialogue 17, ways to enhance cooperation between the Gulf Cooperation Council and the Republic of Iraq.
Al-Hajraf was briefed, according to another statement, on the latest political situation and the results of the elections, which are expected to be finally announced in the coming days. To begin the official political movement around the formation of the new government.
He said, "The government is interested in developing relations with the GCC countries at all levels," noting that "Iraq is a promising and safe investment environment." 
Al-Hajraf called on investment companies to work in Iraq in the field of infrastructure. 
Al-Hajraf affirmed, "The Cooperation Council supports the security and stability of Iraq," stressing "the Gulf countries' keenness to advance Gulf-Iraqi relations in the service of common interests."
In addition, the President of the Kurdistan Region, Masrour Barzani, discussed with the Secretary-General of the League of Arab States, Ahmed Aboul Gheit, the latest developments in Iraq in the wake of the parliamentary elections. 
Aboul Gheit stressed, "the importance of respecting the results of the electoral process by all parties, as it is a cornerstone of democratic practice." 
Aboul Gheit added that "holding the elections represents an important step for Iraq on the path to stability, and that it is important that they lead to a political situation that meets the aspirations of the Iraqi people, with all its components." 
  • Thanks 1

They are able to live in peace in one region, including Israel and Iran.. Foreign Minister:

Issue 11915 Sunday 21 November 2021 Corresponding to 16 Rabi' al-Thani 1443

The Abraham Agreement does not constitute a bloc against a state, but rather for the sake of peace in the region

INAF_20211121004301885.jpg?404=d&h=946&w

Foreign Minister Abdullatif bin Rashid Al-Zayani said that all countries in the region are able to live together in peace, including Israel and Iran, stressing the importance of reaching a solution to the Palestinian-Israeli conflict in accordance with the formulation of the two-state solution.
Al-Zayani, who was speaking at a session held on the sidelines of the seventeenth regional security summit, "Manama Dialogue 2021", under the title "Diplomacy and Deterrence", with the participation of Jordanian Minister of Foreign Affairs and Expatriate Affairs Ayman Safadi, and Iraqi Foreign Minister Fouad Hussein, indicated that the Abraham agreement was not the establishment of Only a bilateral relationship, insofar as it was a mechanism towards achieving comprehensive peace in the region, instead of conflicts, crises and deteriorating conditions that negatively affect the region's residents and their chances of life.

INAF_20211121004348249.jpg?maxheight=120

Minister Al-Zayani stressed the rejection of the presence of armed militia launching missile and drone attacks against Saudi territory, stressing that the Gulf's endeavor has always been to reach a political solution.
At the beginning of his speech, Al-Zayani said: “I would like to thank the International Institute for Strategic Studies for their invitation to the concept of diplomacy and deterrence, as these are issues of particularity to the Gulf region and the Middle East in general, as well as to peace and security in the world. Deterrence can be defined as influencing a party to change the situation, as we consider deterrence to be the attempt of a country or group of countries on another country with the aim of changing behavior.
He continued, "I would like to refer to what US Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin said, when he adopted deterrence in an integrated manner, and we adopt deterrence in a more comprehensive way, and link it to a broad definition of diplomacy. First, let us be clear, deterrence no longer applies to the behavior of states, as we face threats from actors such as terrorist organizations and groups acting on behalf of another country, and we need to go beyond the issue of deterrence from a military perspective or sanctions, that is, what can be called hard forces, and after the Covid pandemic. 19- Deterrent forces can be used through social, electronic and economic deterrence, i.e. making the deterrent external and internal, i.e. allowing the insider to influence deterrence, whether through sanctions and travel restrictions, while the opponent finds himself excluded from trade and cooperation networks until he changes his behavior, and what others see They are moving towards a better future.
He added: “In each of these areas, diplomacy performs effective deterrence, and it is necessary for our approach, whether hard or soft, that meets effective deterrence, i.e. using diplomacy to talk with the other party, to communicate the consequences that it bears, i.e. calibration, so that diplomacy is able to gather information about Consequences, as well as coordination through diplomacy, and building alliances with like-minded states, including negative deterrence, and coordination of positions between states. And the consequences if this is not done, diplomacy is considered a resolute tool. In analyzing the data in our approach to the implementation of deterrence, and thus we can reach a good result so that we reach a safe area in the Middle East, based on coexistence.
Regarding the Abraham Agreement, Al-Zayani said: “We are not a bloc against any country, and the Abraham Agreement is a path to peace, not only between two countries, but we hope that with time peace will prevail to include the entire region. If we take the challenges facing the region, we will find that many of the region's residents are deprived of education, clean water and shelter because of the conflicts. The question is, should we continue with the conflicts? We are able to live in one region in peace, including Israel and Iran, and the question remains, how can this be achieved? We must reach solutions to the Palestinian issue, and we are committed to pushing for a two-state solution.”
On Lebanon, Al-Zayani considered Hezbollah a challenge to all Lebanese, stressing the importance of changing Lebanese policies towards Hezbollah. Al-Zayani said: "We are concerned with the local communities in Lebanon, and the Lebanese in our countries are cared for and not affected by what happened, but Hezbollah is a problem for the Lebanese."
For his part, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Expatriate Affairs of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Ayman Safadi, stressed the importance of focusing on finding solutions to the region's crises, not just deterrence policies.
Al-Safadi said: "Crisis has always been prolonged and led to a lot of destruction and remorse, so we need to know the sources of danger in our region, and the question is how to reach that? We must have diplomacy capable of finding solutions, we must understand the latent threats and still exist, especially the Palestinian cause, support for Iraq and the Syrian crisis as well as Libya, but there are other sources of threats, which threaten our youth, which are 3 million Syrian children who do not go to Schools, and 12 million students are scattered without hope and a future, so we need active diplomacy, in order to find solutions to these issues.”
He continued, "We see great challenges in the issue of refugees, especially in light of the decline in international interest in refugees, which is a source of a dangerous threat when we leave the refugees without a future, as we cannot overcome conflicts. The two-state solution must be reached, which will lead to a Palestinian state based on the 1967 borders, with East Jerusalem as its capital, and this reality is the guarantee to put an end to this conflict.”
On the Syrian crisis, Safadi said: “We have a crisis in Syria that has been unresolved for 11 years, and we know perfectly well that the Syrians have suffered for a long time, and therefore it must be confronted through joint action, by bringing the conflict back to the fore. We must do our best to reach a solution, so we in Jordan need to work with our partners to crystallize a solution. This region urgently needs to meet through a diplomatic platform in order to find solutions to enable it to move forward. We in Jordan are the second largest refugee-hosting country in proportion to the population, and this poses many challenges to us in light of the decline in international attention.”
He continued, "The Covid-19 pandemic has shown the extent of the weakness of our national mechanisms, whether at the medical level, food or water security, and thus the pandemic has put us before a challenge that necessitates addressing many issues through a regional framework. We need regional diplomacy and deterrence policies, but it cannot anticipate other solutions. For example, if we take the issue of Arab-Iranian relations, and here we say that no one wants any dispute to continue, and this raises a question; Why does this issue persist? And their solutions are to stop Iranian interference and work together for that, towards reaching realistic solutions that enable us to have normal relations with Iran. We need a dynamic nature that confronts these conflicts. Once again, if we go back to other sources, we see that terrorism is an imminent danger. This enemy has been defeated, but we have not eliminated it. We need to have a better understanding and not focus on military and security forces only, but focus on beliefs, and arrive at the conclusion that these people do not represent our faith and our beliefs. We need to end this mess.”
On Jordan’s challenges, Safadi said: “These are matters that require proactive diplomacy. In Jordan, we are on the receiving end, by using a proactive policy and promoting dialogue as a commitment, and we will follow up for peace and stability and building infrastructure for regional cooperation, an example of this is the tripartite mechanism that was established with The brothers in Iraq and Egypt, which are not an alliance, were formed by three countries seeking to achieve our interests and the interests of our peoples. It is a region that has known its share of challenges, and our approach must depend on crisis management, and we can work together, and if we start with better opportunities for our peoples, I think that this will lead to an incentive to confront the basic problems.”
He continued, "Deterrence may mean dealing with problems in the short term. We need to move from deterrence to finding solutions, in order to reach a safe area." The Israeli governments have obstructed a lot of efforts so that peace does not come. We in Jordan speak as peace makers, where the rights of everyone must be respected and all challenges must be addressed. It is objective to look at the environment completely, and we must address the main conflict, which is the Palestinian-Israeli conflict, and address All problems.
Al-Safadi denied that Jordan has any influential economic interest in engaging in the electricity project for Lebanon, stressing that Jordan is trying as much as it can to alleviate the suffering of the Lebanese, as the situation can no longer tolerate another failed state in the region.
For his part, Iraqi Foreign Minister Fouad Hussein ruled out the possibility of Iraq joining the Abraham Agreement, without going into the reasons.
The Iraqi minister said that the region is going through several challenges that impose the importance of solidarity to confront them, and the Covid-19 pandemic has left many challenges, whether on the health, security, social or economic levels.
Hussein pointed out that the completion of the success of vaccines is related to the equitable distribution of these vaccines to the countries of the world, which coincided with other problems, including terrorist organizations, especially with the emergence of new extremist organizations, and the Middle East and North Africa may be the first affected by this, so it is necessary to build bridges Confidence in order to create a safe and stable environment that ensures the fulfillment of the requirements of decent living.
Hussein said: "We recall the efforts made by Iraq to confront terrorism, which could not have been achieved without societal awareness, and the security efforts that were made and the support of friendly countries, as Iraq strengthened its efforts through an integrated strategy, and confronting ISIS."
He continued, "Continuing international cooperation to combat terrorism is a priority for the Iraqi government, as the Iraqi government directed towards restoring the work of the cities liberated from ISIS, as the focus was on reconstruction and investment in cities."
Minister Hussein pointed to the development of Gulf-Iraqi relations, as well as the role Iraq plays in supporting dialogue between Saudi Arabia and Iran.
The Iraqi minister stressed the importance of supporting Syria to return it to its natural position in its Arab environment, pointing out that Jordan is a key partner for Iraq.
Source: Tammam Abu Safi:

• Thanks 1