Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Have you heard anything from Warka Bank? - Bob The Tax Man -11/08/2021

ronscarpa

** BobTheTaxMan **  [Q? Have you heard anything from Warka Bank?] 

For those of you who may or may not be aware... Warka...opened up it's doors to allow people who were International to open up an account to be able to buy IQD there and store them there  [In Iraq]...About 30 days ago it went completely dark.  Meaning their website...went away.  The source I have...went dark...I sent an email inquiry to the CBI...nothing.  I do know they were insured and the account they've got are protected...the only thought I have is...either they're being absorbed into another bank or they're being overtaken and will be managed in the future by CBI.  But I don't know exactly.

• Thanks 4
  • Pow! 1

Warka hasn't been responding to anyone, for anything, not even online passwords, for well over a year now. No new info for more than 3 years, the last being their failed attempt at whatever they were attempting in 2018. And yes, no response from anyone at the CBI either.

If they are being taken over by another bank or the CBI hopefully this is why they've been incommunicado and it won't be much longer til we know or hear something...

Edited by NMP2017

• 2 months later...

I tried calling this morning. They are 8 hours ahead and it was around 6am when I started dialing.

I have Warka Bank phone # 011 964 1 886 9880

CBI's 011 964 1 816 5170
011 964 1 816 5171

The 1 is Baghdad's area code.  I tried without the 1 as well.

It appears that we (US) are blocked.

When I call during there business hours I get a message "The call can't be completed as the called recipient is temporarily unavailable."

When I call them when they are closed, I get a message "The call can't be completed as dialed....yadayada...

So what the heck man?

Any other information, please share it with me.

I also found Warka Bank email addresses (other one's than what used to work  - mohammad.k.issa@warka-bank-iq.com) 

ccu@warka-bank-iq.com  sent email and didn't receive a delivery error notification. No reply.

For CBI, cbi@cbi.iq   and   cbi@cbiraq.org   sent email and didn't receive a delivery error notification. No reply.

• Thanks 1

On 1/25/2022 at 3:42 PM, markb57 said:

Maybe contact the American Consulate in Iraq with the Warka concerns....?

Al-Kindi Street
International Zone
Baghdad, Iraq
Phone: 0760-030-3000

413 Ishtar, Ankawa
Erbil, Iraq
Phone: 066 211 4000

Does anyone have an Email for these people? Maybe we could all put some pressure on them to look into it!

The U.S. consulate for Iraq doesn't list an Email that I see.

This is U.S. Consulate, Erbil, Not sure if they could help, 

413 Ishtar, Ankawa

Erbil, Iraq

Phone: 066 211 4000

To contact the Consulate General, please send an email to:  ErbilPublicAffairs@State.gov.

For visa-related inquiries, please send an email to:  ErbilNIV@state.gov

For American Citizen Services, please send an email to:  ErbilACS@state.gov

For commercial or business-related inquiries, please send an email to: US-KurdistanTrade@state.gov

I emailed them and they replied that they don't know what the deal is with Warka Bank and to watch out for Iraqi Dinar scams.

I'd like to know if the Central bank of iraq took over. I still can't find out anything. 

I tried calling CBI.

I have Warka Bank phone # 011 964 1 886 9880

CBI's 011 964 1 816 5170
011 964 1 816 5171

The 1 is Baghdad's area code.  I tried without the 1 as well.

It appears that we (US) are blocked.

When I call during there business hours I get a message "The call can't be completed as the called recipient is temporarily unavailable."

When I call them when they are closed, I get a message "The call can't be completed as dialed....yadayada...

So what the heck man?

Any other information, please share it with me.

• Confused 1

did you emphasize in your email how possibly hundreds of Americans have money in Warka and are getting nowhere trying to reach them?

I personally don't have money in Warka. Never trusted them. But, allot of you do and that really sucks for y'all right now.

16 hours ago, shamalamma said:

I'd like to know if the Central bank of iraq took over. I still can't find out anything.

If Warka was on the list of banks that the CBI gave 90 days to shape up and meet CBI requirements, or merge, or lose your banking licence, we should know something by the end of March.

Warka has been doing the currency auction with our money for as few years now and the CBI has always said they have enough assets to cover deposits...but who really knows...so we wait and see

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...