Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

THE STORM IS UPON US

9 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

You're welcome my friend. The problem has once again been resolved. He won't be posting for awhile. 

You may not know this, but I respect your opinion and the manner in which you present it. We don't agree politically and we don't have to. But we should at least be respectful of others. 

Yes, I call Democrats all the expressions as you claim. But I've repeatedly said that I am specifically referring to the leadership. I don't actually know you, and until I do I cannot make any call about your spiritual condition. But I pay very close attention to the democratic leadership and I simply cannot find any way to explain their actions in another way. 

Ok. So you are not calling members on this forum names just the leadership in the government.  Got it. 

Hard not to label them

Lol

• Pow! 1

9 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

Any Experts here.....perhaps not....well studied individuals......probably so..

Atheists may choose that path....unfortunately they will never see heaven...

It's a choice....what is there after death?

I know what I believe in....CL

Yes. An atheist will not see a Heaven, but are they Cowards? You stated that in an earlier post. Was the statement worded incorrectly?

That comment was the only reason I jumped into this conversation. 

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

1 hour ago, cranman said:

Yes. An atheist will not see a Heaven, but are they Cowards? You stated that in an earlier post. Was the statement worded incorrectly?

That comment was the only reason I jumped into this conversation. 

I will stand by my statement....I am not an expert on atheism....but my take is they believe in nothing....stand for nothing religiously....

Based on that they would be considered cowards in their lack of belief in anything....IMO any how...

Could they go fight a war...or do something heroic....sure....if they had the fortitude to believe in it.

Look at your hand...clinch your fist.....watch a sunrise or sunset.....watch the joy of a little kid.....very remarkable stuff.....all of it...all of life...

Anyone who  believes this World just happened...then that's their short coming....

At least in my opinion.....

And as the saying goes....opinions are like ass holes.....we all have one....

CL

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3
  • Pow! 1

2 hours ago, cranman said:

Ok. So you are not calling members on this forum names just the leadership in the government.  Got it. 

Hard not to label them

Lol

I have truly been trying to convey that thought from the time I began posting. Never could get Shabbs to understand it though. Everyone knows that I'm something of a political bug and as such I've studied the leadership from both sides for decades. I almost feel as though I know them personally and the one thing I've come to believe is that they are all Satanist. And worse than that they spend their entire existance creating strife between us on such a level that we almost never realize that whether Republican or Democrat the leadership is Pure Evil. 

Having said that, I don't personally know anyone on this site well enough to make any real discernable distinction as to their true personallity. And to make such an accusation that someone is a Satanist without serious evidence is inherently dangerous for ones soul. 

Just because you and I may not believe the same way about a subject is not enough evidence to make an assumption. For all I know you could be a dyed in the wool Liberal, but seeing someone threaten my life you may be the one that would give his own life to save me. 

Therefor, I am the person that analyzes the evidence before me to come to a conclusion of someones motives. The biggest issue that people have with me is that when I come to those conclusions I almost always verbalize them. I feel it is a responsibility to do so. Hopeing that is doing so one might do some self analysis. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

2 hours ago, coorslite21 said:

I will stand by my statement....I am not an expert on atheism....but my take is they believe in nothing....stand for nothing religiously....

Based on that they would be considered cowards in their lack of belief in anything....IMO any how...

Could they go fight a war...or do something heroic....sure....if they had the fortitude to believe in it.

Look at your hand...clinch your fist.....watch a sunrise or sunset.....watch the joy of a little kid.....very remarkable stuff.....all of it...all of life...

Anyone who  believes this World just happened...then that's their short coming....

At least in my opinion.....

And as the saying goes....opinions are like ass holes.....we all have one....

CL

I have been exposed to religion,  been confirmed, baptized and served as an altar boy for 4 years. By no means a religious scholar. BUT I made my own mind and do not believe. 

I have served my country for 21 years and deployed to two theaters of combat and once in support of a campaign.  I served not because of religion but to defend my country. Because I love the country that I live in and has afforded me many opportunities to have a good life. 

I hope you still aren't implying that the many people who are atheist who have served in the military, hospitals,  social services,  police or fire departments and in other capacities to help their fellow man are cowards. 

Religion is fine for some and not others. Live and let live.

Most atheist live thier lives just like you. They just don't believe in religion.  You give your life to God and atheist give thier life to mankind.  Not a terrible concept is it?

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Creation answers (frequently asked questions)

Genesis verse by verse

Some key articles

Topics by alphabetical order

§ Topics arranged by subject category

Astronomy

Bible, God, theology

Biology (creation vs evolution)

• Origin of life (origin of life theories critiqued, including life-from-space)
  • Design features (dozens! ID, biomimetics, ‘bad’ design, astronomy, irreducible complexity)
  • Natural selection (yes, it happens but it is not the same as evolution)
  • Mutations (yes, they happen, but they can’t change microbes into microbiologists)
  • Speciation (yes, it happens, but it is limited to variation within the created kind)
  • Genetics (‘mitochondrial Eve’, ape vs human DNA, gene duplication, genetic engineering, cloning, longevity of patriarchs)
  • Information theory (including DNA) (information defined, claimed new information)
  • Probabilities (could life arise by chance? What about computer simulations of evolution?)
  • Quantum Mechanics and Thermodynamics (how the laws of thermodynamics contradict naturalism)
  • Vestigial organs (including ‘junk’ DNA)
  • Homology and Embryology (Haeckel’s fraudulent concept, plus similarities due to common design)
  • Charles Darwin (his religious views, contribution to human suffering, natural selection vs evolution)

Creation: relevance to Christianity, society and science

Geology, the Flood, the Ice Age and the age of the earth

• Young Age Evidence (astronomy, botany, geology, fossils, caves, coal, glaciology, human history, oceanography)
  • Radiometric Dating (radiometric dating problems, flaws, rapid decay? radiohalos)
  • Flood (global? fish survival? Black Sea flood? flood legends).
  • Noah’s Ark (size, construction, stability, feasibility, care for animals, diseases, biogeography)
  • Geology (Flood evidences, coal formation, limestone caves, rapid rocks, age of fossils?)
  • Ice Age (post-Flood Ice Age, ice core dating, multiple Ice Ages? mammoths)

History

• Archaeology (archaeology and the Bible, from the Flood to New Testament times)
  • History (including biblical chronology, genealogies, origin of deep time beliefs)
  • Linguistics (languages point to the Tower of Babel, animals talking?)

Paleontology

• Fossils (rapid formation, missing links, living fossils, dino-birds?, whale origins, tetrapods)
  • Anthropology (human ancestry, alleged ape-men)
  • Dinosaurs (humans coexist with? evidence against millions of years, birds from dinosaurs?
  • Mammoths (how they fit with the post-Flood Ice Age)

Social and ethical issues

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

18 hours ago, cranman said:

I have been exposed to religion,  been confirmed, baptized and served as an altar boy for 4 years. By no means a religious scholar. BUT I made my own mind and do not believe. 

I have served my country for 21 years and deployed to two theaters of combat and once in support system" rel="">support of a campaign.  I served not because of religion but to defend my country. Because I love the country that I live in and has afforded me many opportunities to have a good life. 

I hope you still aren't implying that the many people who are atheist who have served in the military, hospitals,  social services,  police or fire departments and in other capacities to help their fellow man are cowards. 

Religion is fine for some and not others. Live and let live.

Most atheist live thier lives just like you. They just don't believe in religion.  You give your life to God and atheist give thier life to mankind.  Not a terrible concept is it?

Yes...we are all fortunate in the US to have that freedom of choice on what we believe....and it's alright to differ with one another... 

I appreciate your years of Service.....Thank you!

The concept of God and Mankind are quite different..I did not know a definition if atheism was serving mankind...?

God created mankind....and everything else....that's who I chose to serve...

As Americans we have free will and choice.... and that's a beautiful thing....    CL

• Like 5
  • Downvote 1

What's funny is that being passed off as fact. I don't fear that day because it won't come. Or do I have a meeting with all of the dieties humanity has come up with over time?

Let me ask you this: do you truly serve your god because he is so fantastic, or because you fear being tortured by him for enternity?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Pow! 1

3 hours ago, AdamHenry said:

What's funny is that being passed off as fact. I don't fear that day because it won't come. Or do I have a meeting with all of the dieties humanity has come up with over time?

Let me ask you this: do you truly serve your god because he is so fantastic, or because you fear being tortured by him for enternity?

I don't do it out of fear.....and...

Just out of curiosity....who do you serve?

CL

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, AdamHenry said:

That question was to Yota since he called me out and mentioned eternal torture from a malevolent god.

To answer your question, I serve my family and my community.

No worries... for me....my God...  my family and my Country....in that order.   

Yota only means well.....and his selflessness and his service to DV. .      You might appreciate him for that....  CL

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, AdamHenry said:

For me it's both.  Remember God is also a God of Wrath, which is one of His many attributes.  You cannot exclude that part of him. 

[2Ch 36:16 NASB20] 16 but they [continually] mocked the messengers of God, despised His words, and scoffed at His prophets, until the wrath of the LORD rose against His people, until there was no remedy.

You should just do a word search in any online bible on the Word Wrath.  You will see many verses where God poured out his Wrath on different people.  What makes you so special that you will escape that same wrath?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, coorslite21 said:

No worries... for me....my God...  my family and my Country....in that order.   

Yota only means well.....and his selflessness and his service to DV. .      You might appreciate him for that....  CL

I do appreciate Yota, and I have respect for the both of you. Unlike what LGD thinks, I'm no liberal. I am an athiest conservative, a rare breed. I agree with y'all on everything but religion.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Markinsa said:

For me it's both.  Remember God is also a God of Wrath, which is one of His many attributes.  You cannot exclude that part of him. 

[2Ch 36:16 NASB20] 16 but they [continually] mocked the messengers of God, despised His words, and scoffed at His prophets, until the wrath of the LORD rose against His people, until there was no remedy.

You should just do a word search in any online bible on the Word Wrath.  You will see many verses where God poured out his Wrath on different people.  What makes you so special that you will escape that same wrath?

I don't see it as escaping wrath, I flat out don't believe in that wrath. I believe religions such as Christianity, Islam, Judaism, and Buddhism, etc. were created to control others through fear of punishment after death.

Again, I say that's a malevolent god that needs to gain favor and service through threats of torture for eternity after death.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, AdamHenry said:

I don't see it as escaping wrath, I flat out don't believe in that wrath. I believe religions such as Christianity, Islam, Judaism, and Buddhism, etc. were created to control others through fear of punishment after death.

Again, I say that's a malevolent god that needs to gain favor and service through threats of torture for eternity after death.

What do you believe?   How to you explain our existence?

7 hours ago, AdamHenry said:

I think that's where you are right and wrong. You're right that's probably due to religion that seeks to control people. You are wrong in your concept and understanding of who God is. And that due mostly to religion.

It is God that created this world. It is God who created man and gave it to him. It is man who gave it away and separated himself from his Creator. And it is only in God's loving kindness, what the Bible calls CHESED, that He took it upon Himself to return us to Him, without us having to do anything but receive it.

It is religion that says you have to do this and not do that. God says " Even to those that believe on the name of Jesus shall be saved." That is not a malevolent God. That is a Daddy, or as the Bible says a Daddy Daddy. An Abba Father who only wants to embrace us and have a relationship with us and keep us close to Him. Jesus said to the Jews as he carried His cross to His death, " I longed to gather you like hen does her chicks, but you wouldn't have me."

And "No greater thing can a man do than to lay down his life for his friends."

Does that sound like a hateful malevolent being?

Are you a parent? When your child disobeys you do you have to reprimand or punish them? God is Holy. More Holy than you can imagine. So Holy He was willing to come to earth in the flesh and die the most tortured death so we don't have to. To give us His Holiness and righteousness so we can have right standing with Him again. He did this because we couldn't and can't. He took on our sinfulness on the cross and bore the punishment of that sin so we don't have to.

That doesn't sound like a mean old nasty God to me.

God is love. Sin has consequences. Just ask those sitting in prison for murder for life. Are the Judges and juries malevolent for handing out those sentences or are they just?

How much more just is God?

To make a way for us to avoid punishment altogether if only we believe and receive it.

The Bible says one day, "Every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the Glory of the Father." Yes, even the atheist who rejects His existence will have to give an account and confess before Jesus. 

Again, you are right about religion but wrong about God. Don't let religion keep you from a relationship with our Daddy. He is not malevolent. He is merciful.

God is love. And the Bible says "Perfect Love, Jesus, casts out fear." 

And makes it clear that " Jesus did not come into the world to condemn it but that the world may be saved."

Be saved. Not punished. And in God's mercy He has allowed each individual to determine their own fate, so to speak.

God made the way. We only have to follow it.

Jesus said, " I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life. No man comes to the Father but through Me." 

So simple. Even a caveman can receive. Ha!

• Pow! 4

7 hours ago, AdamHenry said:

I do appreciate Yota, and I have respect for the both of you. Unlike what LGD thinks, I'm no liberal. I am an athiest conservative, a rare breed. I agree with y'all on everything but religion.

We all will gasp that last breath at some point....before you do... you might consider this....CL

John 14:6 Jesus said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 3:5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.” We can't get to heaven by works, because God doesn't pick favorites.

• Like 2
  • Pow! 2

4 hours ago, Markinsa said:

What do you believe?   How to you explain our existence?

That's a fair question, and I do not have all the answers myself, nor do I believe I ever will. What I do believe is that our sun is not the first star in this region, it was birthed after the explosion (supernova) of a much larger star in the distant past. All the elements we have came from that blast. That's why there are a plethora of things in and around our solar system including all of the elements necessary for life.

Where did the stars come from? I don't have that answer. 

Now from there, I believe some form of abiogenesis happened (I don't see anything set in stone at this point either), but what I do believe as pure fact, is evolution. Not your Darwin variety that your pastor's still stick to. That's why I laughed at the links, because the term "missing link" is so far outdated in the scientific community. Things gradually change over time to adapt to the world around them. We branched off from Australopithecus, and through many twists and turns in the family tree ended where we are today. When we started eating meat and cooking our food is when our biggest changes started to happen. 

The fossil evidence is there. If god created man in his image, he sure created a lot of variants along the way.

Did you know that chimpanzees and bonobos are more genetically close to us than they are to gorillas or orangutans? I've heard people suggest that only humans have homosexuality, but I don't think they've ever heard of the bonobo.

Now I'm not looking to convert anyone to my way of thinking, but sometimes I do feel the need to react to all the doom and gloom, revelation-style preaching going on. Man is very flawed, I will be the first to admit that. But I don't believe anything is coming to save us.