Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Court rules for Florida governor, reinstates ban on mask mandates in state's schools

Court rules for Florida governor, reinstates ban on mask mandates in state's schools

September 10, 2021
1:51 PM CDT
Last Updated an hour ago

Sept 10 (Reuters) - A Florida appeals court ruled on Friday in favor of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, issuing a stay in a case that effectively reinstates his ban on mask mandates in the state's public schools to the dismay of many parents and teachers.

School and health officials have battled with governors and other officials in what has become a politicized tussle over COVID-19 precautions.

A Republican, DeSantis in July issued an executive order barring school mask mandates. DeSantis has said parents should decide if their children wear masks.

Miami-Dade is among more than a dozen school districts that imposed mask requirements in defiance of the governor's order.

This week, the state Department of Education withheld funding from two of those districts. On Aug. 27 Florida's 2nd Circuit Judge John Cooper ruled that the state does not have the authority to ban mandates.

Friday's ruling was by the First District Court of Appeals.

Charles Gallagher, the lead attorney for a group of parents suing the state, wrote on Twitter: "We are disappointed by the ruling of the 1st DCA that reinstates the stay and will be seeking pass through jurisdiction of the Supreme Court of Florida since this matter involves statewide issues. With a stay in place, students, parents and teachers are back in harm’s way."

Reporting by Rich McKay in Atlanta and Brendan O'Brien in Chicago; Editing by Howard Goller

Our Standards: The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles.

• Thanks 2

Sheep need someone to tell them what to do. Parents that can't/won't decide what is best for their children maybe don't deserve the responsibility of the little ones they have been entrusted to. 

If you have a choice to wear a mask and don't want to, fine don't. 

A matter of choice. 

If my body, my choice works for a woman then it should work for everybody. 

Imagine if the government came out and said: Forced birth control on everybody. For the sake of safety and VD prevention. 

What an outcry there would be. 

What is the difference between that and a forced vaccine ?

Keep your freeking needle away from me and mine. 

• Pow! 6

On 9/10/2021 at 2:42 PM, nstoolman1 said:

Sheep need someone to tell them what to do. Parents that can't/won't decide what is best for their children maybe don't deserve the responsibility of the little ones they have been entrusted to. 

A matter of choice. 

Imagine if the government came out and said: Forced birth control on everybody. For the sake of safety and VD prevention. 

SO..They kill off all the sheep and what's left is the likes of you..so they con you cause they have and kill you off too. Whose left..? What fun is that? Then they feed off each other? This a totally ignorant appraisal of the future of mankind..regardless of patriotism.

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, miraj said:

SO..They kill off all the sheep and what's left is the likes of you..so they con you cause they have and kill you off too. Whose left..? What fun is that? Then they feed off each other? This a totally ignorant appraisal of the future of mankind..regardless of patriotism.

I have not been sheared in 70 years nstoolman...wanna take a shot?

• Downvote 1

You make no sense. 

Are you a parent who needs the state or feds to tell you how to protect your children? 

Are you a parent that needs the state or feds how to raise your children?

Are you a parent that needs the state or feds what to feed your children?

If you are then you have been sheared already.

That was what I meant by sheep. People should be given a choice in how they live. 

Wear a mask, don't wear a mask. Choice. 

Get the jab/s don't get get em. Choice. 

I am not a sheep. When the time comes I will make my stand and be damn proud to stand with others like me who believe the Constitution is the Law of the Land and should be protected and followed. 

If I was able to be conned and scared I would have already got the jab and made my family get one. 

No thank you. Don't need one. Already have immunity. 

• Like 2
  • Pow! 3

On 9/10/2021 at 8:45 PM, nstoolman1 said:

You make no sense. 

Are you a parent who needs the state or feds to tell you how to protect your children? 

Are you a parent that needs the state or feds how to raise your children?

Are you a parent that needs the state or feds what to feed your children?

If you are then you have been sheared already.

That was what I meant by sheep. People should be given a choice in how they live. 

Wear a mask, don't wear a mask. Choice. 

Get the jab/s don't get get em. Choice. 

I am not a sheep. When the time comes I will make my stand and be damn proud to stand with others like me who believe the Constitution is the Law of the Land and should be protected and followed. 

If I was able to be conned and scared I would have already got the jab and made my family get one. 

No thank you. Don't need one. Already have immunity. 

A really good friend who was a local farmer that I thoroughly enjoyed..his talent was immeasurable..had a wife..and a daughter who were "covid nurses" (what a title right?)..he was a dialysis patient..got sick (covid?) Would not go to a doctor (choice..freedom..constitutional privalage?)..finally succumbs ..ends up on a ventilator..5% chance now..starts having blood clots..organs start shutting down..makes it 10 days..just because he believed in what people like you have gotten sucked into believing..will he be missed..you have no idea...I hope that does not happen to anyone you love. He was buried this past Monday. 

I do not know what the hell this madness is..I only know of the people around me who have loved ones..even my mother in law..who gave it up. You are blessed if you have not been affected..I am not. I have not been conned..but possibly you have. Appreciate your family and the few true friends you hopefully cherish in return. Just returned from Alaska..They laugh at our stupidity..they do not call us patriots..either view..just stupid immature people in grown up skin.

• Pow! 1

Miraj, perhaps your farmer friend chose of his own free will not to get the shot. If so and he died, he made his decision. I have a friend, who was FULLY vaccinated, caught covid was hospitalized and died. So because he took the jab, does that make him any less dead in your eyes than your farmer friend. You tend to try and appear like you are nuanced, a moderate and choose no sides. That's fine, but you've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything. All a moderate is, is a person who cannot decide on virtually nothing. So don't come on here acting like the group that doesn't swallow the Gov and Lying LSM's bilge and lies, hook, line and sinker are stupid or wrong. I for one gladly accept the responsibility for my actions and decisions.

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 4

51 minutes ago, md11fr8dawg said:

Miraj, perhaps your farmer friend chose of his own free will not to get the shot. If so and he died, he made his decision. I have a friend, who was FULLY vaccinated, caught covid was hospitalized and died. So because he took the jab, does that make him any less dead in your eyes than your farmer friend. You tend to try and appear like you are nuanced, a moderate and choose no sides. That's fine, but you've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything. All a moderate is, is a person who cannot decide on virtually nothing. So don't come on here acting like the group that doesn't swallow the Gov and Lying LSM's bilge and lies, hook, line and sinker are stupid or wrong. I for one gladly accept the responsibility for my actions and decisions.

touche'

21 hours ago, nstoolman1 said:

A matter of choice. 

Absolutely phenomenal post!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/10/2021 at 11:17 PM, miraj said:

A really good friend who was a local farmer that I thoroughly enjoyed..his talent was immeasurable..had a wife..and a daughter who were "covid nurses" (what a title right?)..he was a dialysis patient..got sick (covid?) Would not go to a doctor (choice..freedom..constitutional privalage?)..finally succumbs ..ends up on a ventilator..5% chance now..starts having blood clots..organs start shutting down..makes it 10 days..just because he believed in what people like you have gotten sucked into believing..will he be missed..you have no idea...I hope that does not happen to anyone you love. He was buried this past Monday. 

I do not know what the hell this madness is..I only know of the people around me who have loved ones..even my mother in law..who gave it up. You are blessed if you have not been affected..I am not. I have not been conned..but possibly you have. Appreciate your family and the few true friends you hopefully cherish in return. Just returned from Alaska..They laugh at our stupidity..they do not call us patriots..either view..just stupid immature people in grown up skin.

Death will always be in the equation, with or without covid. The problem here, is the living, they will suffer the lost, they will be sad.  But reality is they suffer no more. Celebrate new life for them.

This jab hasn't been proven to have long term effectancy, it was rushed through for profit, no accurate data, if any.  CDC keeps revising their site, changing the definition of some of their wording, only to mean something else.  How can we trust them.  They're so messed up they can't keep up with their own site.  They won't even test if alternative meds therapy will work for covid. Professional Doctors have more data on what works then the CDC, but are being held back.  All this and more should be a big red flag and should be questioned.  

When Biden whispers into a mic and says "get vaccinated, get vaccinated" that is so eerie demonic, lying tongue indeed to me.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, patrickgold said:

Death will always be in the equation, with or without covid. The problem here, is the living, they will suffer the lost, they will be sad.  But reality is they suffer no more. Celebrate new life for them.

This jab hasn't been proven to have long term effectancy, it was rushed through for profit, no accurate data, if any.  CDC keeps revising their site, changing the definition of some of their wording, only to mean something else.  How can we trust them.  They're so messed up they can't keep up with their own site.  They won't even test if alternative meds therapy will work for covid. Professional Doctors have more data on what works then the CDC, but are being held back.  All this and more should be a big red flag and should be questioned.  

When Biden whispers into a mic and says "get vaccinated, get vaccinated" that is so eerie demonic, lying tongue indeed to me.

I can respect that Patrick

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...