Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

Jump to content
  • CRYPTO REWARDS!

    Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Proposal to digitally reintroduce small denominations


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, yota691 said:
 
 Baghdad: Mustafa Al-Hashemi
 
The expert in economic affairs, Dr. Hussein Al-Khaqani, suggested to the Central Bank to digitally reintroduce small denominations, which would provide sums for the public, after amending the digital banking system. Al-Khaqani said that {small cash denominations, which are less than 250 dinars, if they are collected and accumulated annually, the citizen will get good savings from them, instead of wasting them on buying goods that are not worth their real value. 
The 250 dinars. He pointed out that {the records of government departments used to contain parts of the 250 dinars currency, but they were settled and made into the currently circulating cash denominations, as imposed by reality, transactions and the public's acceptance of them.

With all the talk about changing and floating the rate here we have an article talking about small denominations and all we get are smiles and emojis? LOL

Edited by screwball
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Pow! 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, yota691 said:
 
 Baghdad: Mustafa Al-Hashemi
 
The expert in economic affairs, Dr. Hussein Al-Khaqani, suggested to the Central Bank to digitally reintroduce small denominations, which would provide sums for the public, after amending the digital banking system. Al-Khaqani said that {small cash denominations, which are less than 250 dinars, if they are collected and accumulated annually, the citizen will get good savings from them, instead of wasting them on buying goods that are not worth their real value. 
The 250 dinars. He pointed out that {the records of government departments used to contain parts of the 250 dinars currency, but they were settled and made into the currently circulating cash denominations, as imposed by reality, transactions and the public's acceptance of them.

This is just someone opinion and it wasn't coming directly from the cbi itself. I amn't going to get excited yet.  Since when has the cbi ever listened to what the expert  ( or someone opinion ) has to say.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

IMO, it's the idea that "experts" or members of the government are looking for solutions. It's not the method, it's not who says it, but people are looking for solutions to a perceived problem or a method to make an process easier and cheaper. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, horsesoldier said:

Great article, however, we know how they love to talk an issue into the ground, dig it back up then begin again. Not saying this is the case: I’ll get excited when I walk into the Bank for that “ special chat “

I will get excited when I walk out of the bank with more money than i walked in with, ( a lot more )  I just dont get excited about this investment anymore

 

  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, PrehistoricMan said:

 

Nope.  You already declared this will never RV so why would you go to a bank?

I have to tell ya something, I got into this back in 2005, it and been the same ol crap for years,  I guess I am here to keep people grounded if you dont like my.post. I really dont care. Really really I dont care. So move on to someone's post that cares what you think. Actually i dont care what anybody cares, i will voice my.opinion and if people dont like it ( ((((( i dont care )))))  

  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Engine1 said:

I have to tell ya something, I got into this back in 2005, it and been the same ol crap for years,  I guess I am here to keep people grounded if you dont like my.post. I really dont care. Really really I dont care. So move on to someone's post that cares what you think. Actually i dont care what anybody cares, i will voice my.opinion and if people dont like it ( ((((( i dont care )))))  

Don't worry about his comments!  He is our new resident KNOTHEAD! jmho! 🤠

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It doesn’t matter who’s saying it it’s all part of the education program...he’s saying that it doesn’t make sense to pay 25000dinar for a loaf of bread when they should be paying 6 Dinar. This means lower denoms and change in country pricing...also this can relate to the article about wages and salaries changing.....education !!!!!

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, dinarham said:

It looks like a $10 note . If you blow the image up ,some very fine and intricate details are apparent . What sicko would go to this length just to freak with people ?

Did you notice what could be a clock on that bill? What time is it? 10:20? 9:20? 

Oct 20th/Sept 20th??

Hmmmm...

 

10/24 is a Sunday.. is it 10:24??

Edited by Longtimelurker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Artitech, I agree, we have been here for 10 plus years and it just the same ole talk and repost.... the only hope they have is Al-khdemi... he has done more than all of the other PM’s combine.... that’s the only reason I have a lil hope that this could happen. The question is how much longer. If he wins the elections I think we have a shot at it. I don’t get excited about it... I  can understand about the newbies being excited... been there... done that....

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Longtimelurker said:

Did you notice what could be a clock on that bill? What time is it? 10:20? 9:20? 

Oct 20th/Sept 20th??

Hmmmm...

 

10/24 is a Sunday.. is it 10:24??

      I thought 10:20 as well . There is certainly some fine printing going on here . What's up with the "9" numbers scribbled across the clock? Makes me think it's a prototype .

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.