Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Al-Kazemi’s advisor: Presenting the 2022 budget to the Council of Ministers will be in accordance with the constitutional timings

yota691

11 hours ago, Dinarrock said:

Okay so 2023-2024 is where we should look then! I thought you were calling for a dinar window last week for really soon…lol

The way I understand it, they started this in 2015, so if that is the case, then we could be right here in the window of opportunity. If there is such a thing. These knotheads have me using their lingo! JMHO 🤠

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, rvmydinar said:

Wait until the election is over and see what the new PM is going to do with implementing the currency reform.

We always wait till after the election or after Ramadan or after this and that. How about they just do it,,,, I dont like nike. But " just do it"

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Engine1 said:

We always wait till after the election or after Ramadan or after this and that. How about they just do it,,,, I dont like nike. But " just do it"

What you said wasn't wrong, too. Because this is iraq and we don't know when they are planning  to implement currency reform in their brains. Every new PM that wins the election has his own agenda and planning how to run the country ( including implementing the currency reform ). We can't control what they do and say. And 

, We can only hope. We are at their mercy.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Artitech said:

The way I understand it, they started this in 2015, so if that is the case, then we could be right here in the window of opportunity. If there is such a thing. These knotheads have me using their lingo! JMHO 🤠

Thanks Artitech, I just hope when the new PM gets in if it’s not Kazemi he may cancel the white papers and implement his new BROWN papers since they all seem to be full of shitte aka camel dung! Lol..guess all we can hope for is some intel actually comes to fruition this month!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Hey guys I was  joking about after the Parliament recess and Ramadan because they always say that and “Soon”!! I don’t know when this clown show will be over.... I am not confident it will be this year or early next year because of Iran and corruption.... JMO ..... I hope I am wrong though... but more progress has been made under Al-Khedmi than all of the past 18 years combined.... I just hope we keep going in the same direction. Something needs to be done about Iran they are a MAJOR problem!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GreedyDinar07 said:

Hey guys I was  joking about after the Parliament recess and Ramadan because they always say that and “Soon”!! I don’t know when this clown show will be over.... I am not confident it will be this year or early next year because of Iran and corruption.... JMO ..... I hope I am wrong though... but more progress has been made under Al-Khedmi than all of the past 18 years combined.... I just hope we keep going in the same direction. Something needs to be done about Iran they are a MAJOR problem!!!!

No worries-I was joking too-After 18 years with this Circus....I just can’t help myself 

All the Best !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, yota691 said:

Not to be agruementive but, PM don't implement currency reform. That is left up to the CBI and it board members, which they stated many times they are Independent. 

eventhough the CBI and its board member are independent, whom do they give the monthly and yearly reports to? who is the big big boss that rule the iraqi country? i think the governor of the CBI will give the monthly and yearly reports to their big boss, so their big boss will read the reports and knows what happens inside the CBI ( like if there is a corruption,etc ).

• Upvote 1

white paper incubator

Saturday 14 August 2021 455white paper incubator

Thamer Alhemis

On the occasion of starting work according to what was stated in the white paper issued by the central government, which we cannot contain in one column, but it does not prevent us from addressing it as it is a practical road map, and in order for the work steps to proceed, according to it, coherently, the executive body should work as an institution with civil society institutions Active or influential, such as unions, associations, federations, and chambers of commerce and industry, but these organizations were and still keep pace with the performance of the executive body with its well-known performance for the past 18 years.

Therefore, it is necessary to have a white paper for these organizations. The leaders have grown old in performance and have become a rollercoaster according to the pressures, except for some of them that have no direct relationship, as these organizations suffer from the same pressure on the official administration (re-elections) and the application of oversight over performance and dealing effectively with what has been accomplished. And developing work through real conferences for that formation, taking into consideration first that the relationship with the White Paper in the contexts of its work, performance and support, is that of institutions. 
The white paper should also take into account that the market and competition components are not provided automatically by the market itself, but rather (through state institutions), that is, by quality standards and technical specifications set by governmental or semi-governmental bodies related to the market.
And if the efficiency of the market is linked to a minimum level of social justice, then the state’s intervention is the only guarantee to redistribute income through mechanisms, including tax policy. As for state companies that are not self-financed, treating them as an accumulated loss should be quick and essential to ensure a steady pace of the white paper. The active private sector is not among its priorities to address the reality of these companies outside privatization. 
Therefore, it is necessary to pass these companies through the restoration of the mixed sector, which will be, after the relevant ministries move as partners in it, to activity in order to be qualified to invest with the private sector in this field, which has been thwarted by many factors. To an external cycle that does not interact with the Iraqi economic cycle, to turn because of that industry into a mere comprador relationship with foreign capital, as is the nature of consumer import, which deepened our rentier economy in its favour.
The mixed sector, after the revival of the frozen one, as distinct models for us, did not flourish or return to its previous activity due to competition and intersection with imports, as well as clothing and food factories. The cement experiment succeeded in the public and private sectors, so passing through the mixed sector filter and reforming union work, is produced after stopping importing what It can be produced locally, the basic needs of secondary and recreational, which we see in the malls, because import led us to the closure of industry and the scaling back of agriculture, which led to an unprecedented class disparity due to the emergence of social strata outside the contexts, which we have cultivated for decades, and the violation of pension laws in terms of service and collection My knowledge, but the worst has enacted exceptional laws for it, and it became a difficult number in the budget, which confused the pension fund, as the World Bank warns us, as stated on page 14 of the white paper. Activate the work of the reform paper.
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

The white paper and the private sector

Saturday 21 August 2021 117The white paper and the private sector

Thamer Al-Haims

Historically and in the most important experiences, the private sector has not had the invisible hand that regulates its decisive performance in establishing the modern state with its government and sovereignty. On the contrary, the state had a decisive role in creating the conditions for the success of the private sector, from creating markets externally and internally, to interfering with scales, prices and specifications. It prevents what floats basic needs with social justice, and that is why it was said (a person without a state loses everything). 
The principle of the state’s reference in managing the economy is the cornerstone, and this does not mean closing down as much as it means promoting openness to the private sector in the light of this. .
Is our private sector ready for this role? Yes, it will be ready whenever the law is supportive, and we know that, in practice, there is no representative of this sector legally, as the largest alignment belongs to the public sector, which is still seeking to rehabilitate the financial sector, including reforming government banks, and enabling the civil ones, to play Her required role as stated in the white paper p. 54. 
How can private banks organize with the financial sector when it is not qualified after 18 years of striving and programs to rehabilitate the Rafidain and Rasheed Banks? Also, mere qualification does not mean that private banks integrate with the two banks or with the Central Bank, automatically with a unified development policy.
The reason is known, which is the banks that violate the simplest rules of banking, which did not shed enough light on them, so that depositors regain confidence in banking work, so the role of private banks has become specific. 
By 10% or less, not to mention the supporting confusion. Transparency in it is not just a guide to integrity, but rather it is a vital element without which it is impossible to imagine any complete success.
As long as there was money outside banks equivalent to two-thirds of the monetary bloc, the internal and external debt was a solution, and with a budget deficit, the opponents of the white paper were tossing it around, a deficit that comes in the context of the growing relationship with the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank.
But the arc is still detached. Retreat does not serve anyone, and so does closure. After an experience that took place in the public and private spheres before and after 2003, we were not envious of it, so it deserved and fulfilled the review. 
The white paper is well aware of the seriousness of the matter from structural adjustment to trade liberalization and its objective and subjective growth factors. It was subjected to constructive criticism from parties that were active in the two phases before and after 2003, and it cannot be compromised in any case, but rather to proceed with the national option through e-governance and e-government with a national will.
  • Thanks 1

Al-Kazemi’s advisor: Presenting the 2022 budget to the Council of Ministers will be in accordance with the constitutional timings

{Economic: Al Furat News} The economic advisor to the Prime Minister, Mazhar Muhammad Salih, announced that presenting the 2022 budget to the Council of Ministers will be in accordance with the constitutional timings.

Saleh told Al-Furat News that: "The white paper is reformist and takes a time span of no less than five years, and the Minister of Finance, by presenting the 2022 budget, is trying to add in accordance with those possible applications in the white paper."
He added that: "The submission of the 2022 budget to the Council of Ministers will be in accordance with the constitutional timings, after which it will be submitted to the House of Representatives, and this step is for the government to present its full obligations."
Saleh pointed out, "The government has room to fulfill its constitutional obligation."

• Thanks 1

28848.jpg

money and business

Economy News _ Baghdad

Finance Minister Ali Abdul-Amir Allawi confirmed that the white paper seeks to fundamentally change the nature of the Iraqi economy, while noting that increasing clean energy efficiency will allow creating job opportunities, and revealed the disbursement of $120 billion on electricity in seven years.
Allawi said in an article published by the Guardian newspaper and followed by “Al-Iqtisad News”, that “the estimates indicate that poverty rates in Iraq doubled in 2020 and this is largely due to the decline in Iraq’s oil revenues, as prices fell globally due to the collapse in demand caused by the epidemic.” "We cannot allow the livelihoods of millions of families to continue to be dictated by the unpredictable fluctuations of the oil market," he said.
He explained that "correcting this matter will require policies and investments that will enable oil and gas producing countries such as Iraq to direct capital and labor to productive industries in the future and contribute to empowering and stimulating the role of the private sector. In fact, this was one of the main motives behind the white paper for economic reform, which seeks To fundamentally change the nature of the Iraqi economy, allow the private sector to play a greater role, reduce Iraq’s dependence on oil exports and commit to economic renewal focused on environmentally sound policies and technologies.
Allawi added, "Iraq can play an important role by taking advantage of the huge potential to produce and provide clean energy, as oil and gas production constitutes up to 40% of total greenhouse gas emissions and the continuous burning of natural gas in oil wells, which necessitates us Commitment to reducing gas flaring and investing it,” stressing that “increasing energy efficiency will have other benefits as well, and this means that we will not need to spend huge amounts to increase the general level of electricity provision, and that Iraq’s inability to provide enough electricity to meet demand has cost the country nearly of $120 billion over the past seven years.
He pointed out that "increasing energy efficiency will allow creating job opportunities in areas such as building and maintaining energy-efficient green buildings, as a recently published International Energy Agency report showed that for every $1 million invested in energy efficiency, up to 30 jobs are created, and that this matter It is very important in a country like Iraq, which is witnessing huge population increases that will need job opportunities in the future." 
 He continued: "The worst potential solar sites in Iraq get up to 60% of direct energy from the sun, and this percentage is higher than the best sites in Germany, but with that, the solar power plants built by Germany so far provide two and a half times of Electric power for all oil, gas and hydroelectric plants operating in Iraq combined.
He noted: "In order for Iraq to move towards clean energy, it needs financial resources, expertise and policies that will transform its economy in an equitable and affordable manner, and this requires international support. Otherwise, heading towards net carbon dioxide emissions to zero by 2050 will be a distant dream." attainable.”

Views 131   Date Added 09/03/2021
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

Al-Kazemi’s spokesman comments on the dollar’s prices and the exchange mechanisms of the oil sale

political08:30 - 06/09/2021

Baghdad - Mawazine News

Hassan Nazim, the official spokesman for the Prime Minister, Mustafa Al-Kazemi, commented, on Monday, about dollar prices in the upcoming budget.

Nazim said, according to the official newspaper, that "increasing the dollar exchange rate is an idea that has been discussed for years, and a previous government did not dare to take this step because of the risks and controversies surrounding it."

He added, "Al-Kazemi's government was bold in taking this decision, as it was in the interest of the Iraqi economy, and in the reform economic vision of the Ministry of Finance, as it presented this idea within the reforms of the white paper and it won acceptance and extensive discussion."
And he indicated that "the government always takes steps to support goods and materials whose prices have risen, and has developed solutions and taken decisions regarding them, but the idea of the dollar exchange rate is not retracted by this government, and I do not think that the 2022 budget will change this price, since this government is the one who will set the budget for the next year." .
He continued, "The government at one period was not reassured about its ability to pay the salaries of employees, but with its policy it crossed this crisis and the increase in oil prices came as a catalyst, and even if oil prices increase, there will be major problems unless there is a wise management of the financial resources coming from exporting. raw.”
And he indicated that "there is a kind of rise in the foreign reserves, and there is no abundance as a result of the accumulated deficit, and therefore any financial increase through which the government will try to fill the deficit with it, and we are not talking about existing surplus funds that we park here and there, but rather we are trying, within the reform white paper, to control the The economy and making it dynamically developed.” Ended 29/A 43

2021-09-06 04:32

Shafaq News/ The Iraqi Minister of Planning, Khaled Battal, said on Monday that the general budget law for the year 2022 is in the process of being prepared by the Ministry of Finance. 

Petal added in an interview with Shafak News Agency; There is a strategy for preparing the draft budget law, which is now in its final stages, and it will take some time before the law is presented to the Council of Ministers. 

The Iraqi Minister of Planning expressed his belief; That the budget law will not be presented to the Council of Ministers before the parliamentary elections next October. 

On August 26, the Iraqi Finance Minister, Ali Abdul Amir Allawi, announced the completion of the 2022 draft budget, and it was about to be presented to the Council of Ministers, stressing that Iraq's financial policy had gone through great difficulties.

The Iraqi economy is facing a financial crisis resulting from the drop in oil prices globally, due to the Corona pandemic, which forced the government of Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi, to take several decisions, including resorting to borrowing, and reducing the value of the Iraqi dinar against the dollar, in order to provide salaries for employees and run the work of institutions. governmental.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

2022 budget and international suppor t

Tuesday 21 September 2021 962022 budget and international support

Mustafa Muhammad Ibrahim 
The discussion in the last quarter of 2021 is about the 2022 budget, and what is the international support for this budget in light of the implementation of the white paper, which is the main part of economic reform in Iraq. 
If we go back to previous budgets, we will find that all loans, grants, and aid that finance Iraq are disbursement of operational government spending, i.e. salaries mostly with restrictions placed by international institutions such as the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank on the implementation of investment projects and their inclusion in the budget, but the political conflicts in Iraq It prevents the completion of development and investment projects, while looking at the 2022 budget with the structural reform of the budget through pressure on government spending, especially unnecessary expenditures, and returning investment project programs through the international support portal, and this is what is achieved after the budget reaches the drawers of the Council of Ministers in the coming days. And sending it to Parliament for the purpose of approving it and keeping it away from conflicts for the purpose of continuing to implement major projects through the white paper, as well as developing the economic sectors and infrastructure in Iraq, which is in the interest of the citizen, eliminating unemployment, providing job opportunities and reducing ratesPoverty in Iraq. 
This is seen as the difficulty of passing the 2022 budget, and this task will fall on the shoulders of the Council of Ministers and the next parliament after the delay in sending the Ministry of Finance of the budget law to the Council of Ministers. from
2022-2025 to implement most of the international agreements that correct the course of public finances in Iraq after consulting with the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank with the aim of reforming the living situation in the country, as well as developing infrastructure after the rise in global oil prices and the presence of foreign reserves with the Central Bank of Iraq enhances the strength of the financial system in Iraq, and then achieve sustainable economic development.
It was expected that the price of a barrel of oil in the 2022 budget would be around $50, and that OPEC would add 450,000 barrels to Iraqi production, and despite the slight rise and improvement in the 2022 budget, the citizen senses a slight rise in food prices, as well as the Iraqi farmers’ exploitation of the product The local monopoly by rising prices due to the high exchange rate and its effects, and this requires cooperation and coordination between the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Trade to simplify prices for the poor citizen and encourage the local product, and this is confirmed by the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank.
  • Thanks 3