Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Police in France checking for vac passports at restaurants!!

TinBadge

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, MEP01 said:

That's correct... But they are very well trained on what they can get away with... Just look at the DUI, DWI, Etc... puppy mill, affording the local police.

42 minutes ago, SocalDinar said:

Police cant even ask you for an ID unless they have reasonable suspicion you have committed a crime.

No way they can ask for a vaccine card legally 

Probable Cause (PC) is very thin. A flickering tail light is enough PC to pull you over. So let’s say you walk through the door, this means you are vac’ed and are allowed in. So there is your PC. Don’t believe me. How’s a drivers lic work?  A cop sees you park a car. Maybe you were a little erratic at the parking of said car so the cop can I see your DL. The PC is simply stated in the report as the car did not appear to be under proper control!! 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, TinBadge said:

Probable Cause (PC) is very thin. A flickering tail light is enough PC to pull you over. So let’s say you walk through the door, this means you are vac’ed and are allowed in. So there is your PC. Don’t believe me. How’s a drivers lic work?  A cop sees you park a car. Maybe you were a little erratic at the parking of said car so the cop can I see your DL. The PC is simply stated in the report as the car did not appear to be under proper control!! 

Kind of hard to prove probable cause in a crowded restaurant full of people with cameras. I for one would show it to a restaurant owner because they are not at fault wanting to follow the rules to stay in business but no way in hell i would show it to an officer. I would rather go to jail and get in front of a judge. And of course take legal action if my rights are violated. Put your license and ID in your top pocket. Let the officer know where it is and they can take it if he is willing to violate your rights. Of course film it. Ask for a supervisor.  When driving its fairly easy for them to come up with and excuse for an infraction. 

I really hate it when the police violate parking rules especially when on their lunch breaks. I will confront them when i see this. Its not do as i say... Not as I do.   I even had one officer get smart with me saying my stock truck's windows truck tint was to dark. WT heck? Pulled out my camera and starting filming. as soon as the camera came out he immediately walked away. Don't get me wrong i do respect law enforcement and thank many officers for their service. But I know  my rights and will defend them against any tyrant.  

Eating in a restaurant is not suspicious and even if it was acting suspicious is not a crime and not probable cause 

If no ID is needed to vote then I sure as heck am not going to show it to eat.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

On 8/20/2021 at 10:02 AM, SocalDinar said:

Kind of hard to prove probable cause in a crowded restaurant full of people with cameras. I for one would show it to a restaurant owner because they are not at fault wanting to follow the rules to stay in business but no way in hell i would show it to an officer. I would rather go to jail and get in front of a judge. And of course take legal action if my rights are violated. Put your license and ID in your top pocket. Let the officer know where it is and they can take it if he is willing to violate your rights. Of course film it. Ask for a supervisor.  When driving its fairly easy for them to come up with and excuse for an infraction. 

I really hate it when the police violate parking rules especially when on their lunch breaks. I will confront them when i see this. Its not do as i say... Not as I do.   I even had one officer get smart with me saying my stock truck's windows truck tint was to dark. WT heck? Pulled out my camera and starting filming. as soon as the camera came out he immediately walked away. Don't get me wrong i do respect law enforcement and thank many officers for their service. But I know  my rights and will defend them against any tyrant.  

Eating in a restaurant is not suspicious and even if it was acting suspicious is not a crime and not probable cause 

If no ID is needed to vote then I sure as heck am not going to show it to eat.

I like your passion but if the ****-tater make it a law to have the vac card to be inside a building then it will allow the local (federal police) to demand to see your papers. 

13 hours ago, TinBadge said:

I like your passion but if the ****-tater make it a law to have the vac card to be inside a building then it will allow the local (federal police) to demand to see your papers. 

They would need to repeal the 4th amendment in order to make that law.  Not gonna happen .

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Edited by SocalDinar
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, SocalDinar said:

They would need to repeal the 4th amendment in order to make that law.  Not gonna happen .

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

And yet we have Governors forcing their populations to get the vac. People are afraid to stand up for themselves, or more likely they don’t know how.