Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

Jump to content
  • CRYPTO REWARDS!

    Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Welcome to the start of the withdrawal of the international coalition forces from the country


Recommended Posts

You are not responsible for it but you benefited from it in some form or another. Jewish people, Japanese people (Pearl Harbor) and the Indians all received reparations for the way they were treated (and they should have) but nothing for the Black American, nor will we ever get anything. Even the current President set policy in motion to lock up black men and destroy families back in the 90's (and some black politicians voted for it too...Bastards!!) . Are you personally responsible? Hell No. Have you ever heard the expression "Cotton is king"! One reason is because the US currency is made of 30 percent linen and 60 to 70 percent cotton. Black Slaves were in those cotton fields. We worked so damn hard until a Black man invented the cotton gin (amongst other things) Slavery set the world economy in motion and the dollar is still the reserve currency. I try to learn as much of my history as I can because I will be damned if it repeats itself. In some ways it has  because the Prison System is designed just for that. I even have a problem with my own people killing each other (or anybody for that matter) out of ignorance of who they are and just plan foolishness! I address it all. Now a days we want to sugar coat and apologize for everything! Well I don't!! It is what it is! I personally believe most white folk in America are racist and the CRT will not divide us because we already are! This is one of the most racist Countries in the world but I address it by staying alert and trying to do the best for me and my family. Do I hate all white people..No. There is good and bad in all races all over the world. Not just the US, but European and African Countries as we as the Caribbeans are all in debt to us but we will never see a dime. People say just forget about it but you wouldn't tell the Jews to forget about Hitler, and they shouldn't

 

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The White House announces the date of the Biden and Al-Kazemi meeting in Washington

 

2021-07-23 13:14

 

Shafaq News/ White House spokeswoman Jen Psaki said on Friday that President Joe Biden will receive Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi next Monday.

"President Biden will meet with the Iraqi prime minister at the White House on Monday," Psaki said in a briefing.

She explained that this visit will take place within the framework of developing the strategic partnership between the two countries and will provide the two leaders with an opportunity to discuss a wide range of issues on the bilateral agenda, such as education, economy, climate change and security.

Earlier on Friday, the fourth and final strategic dialogue round between the two countries kicked off in Washington, DC.

According to US officials, it is expected that the United States and Iraq will officially announce the end of the US combat mission in Iraq by the end of this year, and that the two countries will continue the transition process towards providing training and advice to Iraqi forces.

There are currently 2,500 American soldiers in Iraq, focused on confronting the remnants of ISIS.

The measure is not expected to have a significant impact, especially since the United States has already moved to focus on training Iraqi forces.

But the announcement, which is expected to be issued after US President Joe Biden's meeting with the Iraqi Prime Minister in Washington next week, will be issued at a politically sensitive time for the Iraqi government and may be seen internally in Iraq as a victory.

A senior US defense official, who asked not to be named, said, "The main point that we will hear and I think is very important is that the Biden administration wants to stay in Iraq because the Iraqi government invited us there and asked us to continue to do so."

Talks are continuing between the United States and Iraq, and will deal in particular with the mission of the American soldiers deployed on Iraqi soil, at a time when there are fears of an open conflict in Iraq between Baghdad's allies, the United States and Iran.

https://shafaq.com/.../%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%AA-%D8...

 

البيت الأبيض يعلن موعد لقاء بايدن والكاظمي في واشنطن (shafaq.com)

Kazemi.jpg

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 
Baghdad: morning 
 
Today, Friday, Foreign Minister Fouad Hussein confirmed that the Iraqi government is moving confidently towards holding the elections on schedule.
Hussein said in his speech within the Iraqi-American Strategic Dialogue: "Today, we are in the American capital, Washington, in response to the invitation of Foreign Minister Anthony Blinken to hold the work of the Supreme Committee emanating from the Strategic Framework Agreement for the Relationship of Friendship and Cooperation between the Republic of Iraq and the United States of America, which represents a continuation of the strategic dialogue since its inception. His first tour was in June of last year. 
He added, "Let me thank the attendees, the representatives of the committee from the American and Iraqi sides, for their efforts that they will make in the side sessions of the dialogue."
He pointed out that "the round of dialogue comes as a continuation of the previous three rounds, which were held in succession, as it provides a clear vision of what characterizes the partnership and alliance relationship between Iraq and the United States, and the serious efforts of the two governments to consolidate it. The first round was hypothetically on June 11, 2020, the second was held in Washington, DC, on August 19, 2020, and the third was held on April 7, 2021. In this meeting, we look forward to completing what was agreed upon in the third round of dialogue and moving forward to achieve more Progress in all dialogue sessions that will be held by the relevant committees. 
And he stated, "These sessions represent a serious will for both countries to reach common understandings for cooperation in various sectors, and are a continuation of the agreements that resulted from previous rounds in sectors such as (oil and gas, electricity, financial, health, environmental, and cultural sectors) in addition to the security and military aspects." .
Hussein called on representatives of the sessions in various sectors to make more efforts to reach fruitful results that lead to achieving the common goals of both countries. 
And he continued: "At the end of last month, we participated in the ministerial meeting of the International Alliance at the joint invitation of the foreign ministers of the United States of America and Italy, whose work was held in the capital, Rome on June 28, and we conducted intensive dialogues with all parties, during which Iraq affirmed its full commitment to ensuring The inevitable defeat of the terrorist organization ISIS and the permanence of the victory achieved by joint cooperation. 
He pointed out that "Iraq appreciates the efforts made by the US government to rehabilitate and train the Iraqi security forces, equip them and provide advice in the intelligence field, in order to reach the required readiness in relying on their own capabilities, in a way that enhances Iraq's sovereignty and security and preserves its gains by defeating the terrorist organization ISIS." "Iraq today stresses the importance of sustaining the momentum and international efforts led by the United States of America through the international coalition, as they constitute, in parallel with the military efforts, an inevitable victory over the ideology of injustice and hatred that terrorism is trying to spread in societies." 
He stressed that "our security forces still need the programs provided by the United States of America, related to training, arming, equipping, and capacity building, and we seek to continue bilateral security coordination and cooperation. We also affirm the commitment of the Government of Iraq to protect the personnel of diplomatic missions, their headquarters and facilities, and to ensure the security of Iraqi military bases hosting forces International Alliance. 
And he stated that "the Iraqi government and parliament succeeded in protecting national gains to preserve democracy and the legitimate rights of the Iraqi people to live in freedom and dignity, and to achieve the demands of the Iraqi people and the credibility of the promises made by the Iraqi government, a new electoral law was enacted and a new independent high commission for elections was formed."
He pointed out that "the Iraqi government is moving confidently towards holding the elections on the scheduled date on the tenth of next October, despite the challenges, while ensuring the provision of a safe environment for voters to achieve free and fair parliamentary elections to restore confidence in the democratic process in Iraq." The international community, through the United Nations, to monitor the upcoming elections process, as the UN Security Council approved its resolution No. (2576) for the year 2021, at an Iraqi request, to extend the work of the United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI) for the next year and expand its jurisdiction to include monitoring the general parliamentary elections. 
He continued, "We can only thank the countries that supported Iraq's request to strengthen the procedures for monitoring the elections and ensuring their integrity, and the efforts of the United States in particular for its initiatives in this regard."
He added, "Many memoranda of understanding have been concluded in various sectors during the previous rounds of dialogue, which support our endeavors to affirm the common interests between the two sides," stressing Iraq's progress in strengthening its economic independence and achieving regional and international partnerships in a balanced manner, the latest of which was the tripartite summit initiative between the two sides. The Iraqi government, the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan and the Arab Republic of Egypt, as well as efforts to link Iraq to the regional energy system across the Gulf states.
He pointed out that "The Iraqi government is completing its efforts to lift the injustice that befallen our society, which has multiple components, from the oppression and darkness of terrorism, as the Iraqi parliament has enacted the Yazidi survivors law. As well as the government’s steps in cooperation with international partners to promote dialogue and societal peace, reject violence and extremism, respect religious, sectarian, ethnic and national diversity in Iraq, and reject forms of discrimination between citizens that affirmed Iraq’s constitution, as well as the Iraqi government’s efforts to reach the Sinjar Agreement to maintain security in it in cooperation between the security forces Federal and Peshmerga forces, as many joint security centers have been established in areas where ISIS terrorist enclaves are active, as well as the efforts of the Iraqi government and in coordination with international organizations to ensure the voluntary return of the displaced..
And he indicated that "the Iraqi government has pursued a path to support security and stability internally and at the regional level by relying on dialogue and taking joint opportunities to achieve this. Therefore, we affirm full respect for Iraq's sovereignty in a manner that guarantees its internal stability and not being drawn into regional conflicts."
With regard to confronting the Corona pandemic and its challenges, and what the world is facing today from the emergence of new strains that are more harmful to the lives of citizens, which requires completing cooperation between the ministries of health in both countries to provide requirements for rapid response to ward off the risks of this pandemic, expressing his hope that agreements will be reached for support and cooperation in The field of health during the side session that will be held between the two sides.
Hussein concluded by saying: "Iraq renews its affirmation and commitment to strengthening its strategic partnership with the United States of America as a key partner in the international coalition to combat ISIS, and renews Iraq's commitment to contract and strengthen economic partnership, investment and joint action in all sectors, which are included in the Strategic Framework Agreement, with a commitment to respecting Sovereignty of Iraq and ensuring full coordination with the Iraqi government. We are confident in our ability to move together in setting the course of this relationship on the path of well-being and prosperity that the peoples of our two countries seek and the great historical responsibility entrusted to us.. We wish success for our joint work and hope in today’s sessions we will reach common understandings and agreements for all sectors of cooperation. ".
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Blinken and Hussein stress fight against ISIS in Iraq during Washington meeting

US secretary of state hosts his Iraqi counterpart before Prime Minister Al Khadhimi's visit

 

LL56KEYI4B2TREMX5FM5OAA6MA.jpg

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Iraqi Foreign Minister Fuad Hussein speak to the press at the State Department. AFP

The National
 
Jul 23, 2021

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken welcomed his Iraqi counterpart to the State Department on Friday.

Mr Blinken and Iraqi Foreign Minister Fuad Hussein spoke about the importance of their countries’ relationship in facing major issues affecting both, from climate change to the Covid-19 pandemic.

But both leaders also highlighted the need for security cooperation in the continued battle against ISIS.

“We, of course, are the closest of partners in the fight against ISIS,” said Mr Blinken.

 

“We can take tremendous pride in the work we’ve done together to defeat ISIS and to make sure that it stays defeated. But I think what today is demonstrating is that the partnership between the United States and Iraq is much broader and deeper than even the common fight against ISIS.”

Mr Hussein also recognized that joint work with the US is not enough to combat ISIS and that help from other countries is needed.

“We need the cooperation with the international coalition,” said Mr Hussein.

The UN Security Council this week received a report from the UN monitoring team that said that extremist groups, including ISIS, had proved their resilience and continue to pose dangerous threats in the country and elsewhere.

“To work with the international coalition under the leadership of the United States against ISIS and to exchange information with the international coalition and the United States and Iraq to defeat that” is highly important, Mr Hussein continued.

 

The visit comes on the heels of continued discussions surrounding the potential withdrawal of US troops from Iraq, though reports of such a withdrawal have been denied by the Biden administration.

Mr Hussein's visit also comes in advance of a White House visit by Prime Minister Mustafa Al Kadhimi next week. This will be his second meeting with Joe Biden since the president assumed office.

It is anticipated that further clarification on the future of US troops in Iraq will follow Mr Al Kadhimi's visit.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Source : agencies
 
Blinken and Hussein
Blinken and Hussein
 
On Friday, the United States announced an additional $155 million in aid to Iraq, according to US Secretary of State Anthony Blinken.
 
"We are providing up to $155 million in additional humanitarian aid to the Iraqi people," Blinken said on his Twitter account.
 
"The United States remains the largest single donor of humanitarian assistance in Iraq and globally in line with our national security strategy," he added.
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DoD said:

Yep, this thread proves DV is at the “You Can Stick a Fork in it” stage…JMO

 

i left this site years ago DoD, i was on another site a person said yota is breaking down a parliament session line by line i thought my kinda newshound , think its time for me to bid farewell once again ... all the best dinarians 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's pretty sad some of these DV old timers ..that I've respected in the past 10 years...have turned into nasty ass miserable old effing men that have nothing better to do than piss in everyone's Wheaties. Some of your sorry uninformed crappy attitudes have gotten old. And let me assure you..I've been a student of this  investment long enough not to be wearing goggles.  Please do everyone a favor and take a break if you can't be constructive. 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  •  Time: 07/24/2021 00:43:54
  •  
  •  Reading: 1,794 times
Al-Araji: December 31 will have a special taste
  
{Political: Al-Furat News} National Security Adviser Qassem Al-Araji revealed that Iraq has confirmed to the US side that it does not need foreign combat forces on its soil.

Al-Araji said from Washington, in a brief statement that {Euphrates News} received a copy of it, "We assured the American side that Iraq does not need any foreign combat force on its territory."

He added, "It will be on December 31, 2021, and it has a special taste."

Mohamed

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A leader of the Wisdom Movement calls for unifying the "national" position in the joint negotiations with America
  
{Political: Al Furat News} The leader of the National Wisdom Movement, member of the Political Bureau, Muhammad Hossam Al-Husseini, called on the political forces to provide a supportive national environment for the negotiating delegation in Washington in the fourth round of negotiations.
 

In a statement received by Al-Furat News Agency today, Al-Husseini stressed the importance of commitment to respecting Iraq’s sovereignty as a principle that cannot be bargained or divided, and this necessitates removing Iraq from the policy of international axes, so that Iraq would be a bridge for building international relations, not an arena for settling accounts.

He pointed out, "The importance of not confining negotiations to the military and political side, but rather it is important that they include other aspects and files that Iraq needs to be activated, such as the economic, financial and commercial file, and the energy file to end the electricity crisis in Iraq, and investing in Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi's visit to Washington." .

He stressed the need for "not to limit the visit to the file of the American presence in Iraq, noting the need to work on activating the joint memoranda and understandings that took place between Baghdad and Washington on the first visit of the Prime Minister a year ago, and to achieve the aspirations of the people who are expected from their government to consider carefully to provide for their needs, Especially the international monitoring file on the upcoming elections, which is one of the most prominent demands of the October movement.

Raghad Daham

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

America expresses its willingness to help Iraq implement the white paper on economic reform

America expresses its willingness to help Iraq implement the white paper on economic reform
Iraq
 

Mubasher: The United States confirmed its readiness to help Iraq implement the white paper for economic reform through a new transparent program, on the sidelines of the strategic dialogue activities between the two sides held in Washington.

 

Today, Saturday, the US State Department stated that the United States intends to work with Iraq currently to provide a revised nationally determined contribution under the Paris Agreement of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, according to the Iraq News Agency, "Ana".

The United States also intends to cooperate with Iraq to enhance the capacity of managing climate adaptation and mitigation, reducing gas flaring, developing renewable and clean energy initiatives, promoting water conservation, and supporting the protection of local flora and fauna, according to the US State Department.

The US Department stated that the two sides discussed ways to advance vital energy projects with American companies and facilitate trade in American agricultural products, and the United States' readiness to assist Iraq in implementing the White Paper on economic reform, through assistance from the United States Agency for International Development and a possible new program from the State Department focusing on Financial transparency.

She noted that the American International Development Finance Corporation continues to participate with Iraq on the memorandum of understanding and intends to invest up to one billion dollars to enhance private sector activity that creates jobs and provides opportunities for Iraqis, and the American International Development Finance Corporation intends to hold a virtual meeting with American and Iraqi companies this year to help To facilitate investment projects.

Yesterday, during the activities of the strategic dialogue between Iraq and the United States held in Washington, Fouad Hussein, the Iraqi Minister of Foreign Affairs , said that this round comes as a continuation of the previous three rounds, which were held consecutively between the two countries, which indicate the relationship of partnership and alliance between Iraq and the United States and the efforts of the two governments. diligently to consolidate it.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, HowieC said:

Good advice HowieC, it appears Adam has already gone there so you could be right. I also didn’t mean to piss in your wheaties this morning and will try to refrain from negative comments. Check my join date to this site and you will notice any comment from me is far from uninformed…you have a good day. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Pow! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DoD said:

Good advice HowieC, it appears Adam has already gone there so you could be right. I also didn’t mean to piss in your wheaties this morning and will try to refrain from negative comments. Check my join date to this site and you will notice any comment from me is far from uninformed…you have a good day. 

Thanks DoD....I think it's sound advice for everyone around here. Actually not directed at you, or any one person.... so you can un-puff yourself. All I'm saying is understandably a lot of us have had enough, and are edgy....just try to keep it to a roar and appreciate positive contribution without condescendence...or just plain wise assness....you have a good day as well.   

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, HowieC said:

Thanks DoD....I think it's sound advice for everyone around here. Actually not directed at you, or any one person.... so you can un-puff yourself. All I'm saying is understandably a lot of us have had enough, and are edgy....just try to keep it to a roar and appreciate positive contribution without condescendence...or just plain wise assness....you have a good day as well.   

Un-puff myself…LMAO, really. Is that what you got from my post? 
Now a little advice from us old timers that have been around awhile and could give a rats azz about you newbies feelings. 
You folks need to take a breath and stay out of the rumor (BS) section and keep up with the news. In the the real world everything is not positive with flowers and rainbows. If you can’t take some occasional real world facts, YOU may think about stepping back for awhile.
I have been on this site for a long time and have a lot of money invested in it so you will excuse some of my negative comments occasionally. 
Yota, sorry about the rant and the high jacking of the thread but I thought it was time for one of us OLD timers to step and defend ourselves from some of the sensitive members who only want a feel good site that strokes their insecurities about the Dinar….I’m done 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/23/2021 at 11:43 AM, Rochester said:

Slavery was in every culture, for all history, including black Africans had slaves. You can't blame Christians, as if they were unique. That would be a big lie. Also the only culture that fought slavery, got rid of it, were the Christians. The Christians have proved to be the most moral of any religion, by far. 

 

95% of indiginous Americans done by Christians?...you say.... bull....go read Guns, Germs and Steel by Jared Diamond, because 95% of indigineous in North America died by diseases they didn't have immunity for, diseases Europeans had immunity to, due to Europeans raising pigs and chickens in barns near their houses in Europe...you lie so much. Shame. 

 

Think deeper. Religion is an attempt to manage bad human impulses....it's not the source of these impulses. The source of those impulses are our evolutionary instincts for harm and aggression. You believe in fairy tales. 

 

I remember going to see Jane Goodal speak a few times, about chimps. Her research showed they sometimes genocided other chimp groups. She was terrified to release those scientific findings because of their implications: our nearest relatives are wired for genocide, so likely so are we. Stop being so shallow. We are wired for this, by nature. 

 

You think religion is a fairy tale? You believe in bigger fairy tales than anyone. 

If I were to ask you if Black were classified as a color. The answer would be yes. I didn't ask you to define the color black as we all know black is the absence of other colors. Yet it is classified as a color just like red, white (all of the colors) and blue. Atheism is the absence of God or the belief there is no magical sky fairy. It is a belief nonetheless. And it is always brought in religious discussions. Atheism is guilty of being a religion. 

 

Now any form of worship done by a group of people where their belief is the same can be considered an organized religion. Religion is just a group of people with the same beliefs. If I replace God with another entity like for say the Easter Bunny and people believed in the Easter Bunny as their creator and worshipped the Easter Bunny then that would be considered an organized religion. 

 

The Altar of Government is the proverbial pedestal a governmental leader stands upon. Some will call this a mandate. The leader can claim his mandate comes from a divinity  or the Easter Bunny or even himself. If the people agree and believe in him (or her) then they begin to worship the Government if they lose their faith in their own personal Creator, who ever it may be, Gaia, Zeus, Thor, the nose hair of a camel that has magical mucus healing powers, etc. It can even go so far as replacing addiction with the belief in something else - which is how Alcoholics Anonymous started. Hi Iam Theseus, and I am NOT an Alcoholic. This later transferred over to overcome drugs but not as successfully. 

 

Communism as written by Marx said Religion is the opiate of the people. At the time Marx lived there were opiod dens that were exported from the Far East to put the quote into context. So Marx proposed to replace religion with Government. Just like AA. Instead of worshipping the magical sky fairy, you were to worship the all masterful leader put on a proverbial pedestal and he was given the mandate not by the people but by whatever the leader claimed. Communism existed before Marx and will exist long after we all have turned to dust. Communism is just another religion whether you want to call t that or not. Most people nowadays put their faith and hope into that magical sky fairy. With Communism it is the Government even though individuals may still believe in the magical sky fairy.

 

Now I can hear your brain already clacking away and your llips pursing up as you read the words "magical sky fairy". I am using this to illustrate as the US Declaration of Independence states ".... your Creator...". In Atheism, there are people who believe that mommy and daddy are your creator and the Government  is their savior. Your Creator in the Declaration of Independence was purposefully chosen to include even the Atheist because even if you do not believe in the magical sky fairy you believe something or someones (plural) created you. (I know you said you were not an Atheist).

 

Communism devoid of the belief in God was not Communism's downfall and it never has been. The downfall comes from the replacement or substitution of one religion for another. Government, as bleak as it is, becomes the religion of the people. It oppresses people does not allow class movement upwards, except in rare cases, and turns neighbor against neighbor. Marx had it right, religion, even when that religion is the government, is the opiate of the people. There is no other God worshipping religion that has latched onto this concept better than Islam has done. Islam was around before the Father of Communism was born. And their so-called prophet didn't even invent it. Communism has always been in the heart of men (and women) since man walked upon this Earth. Just as religion in one form has also been in the hearts of men (and women) since man has walked upon this Earth. Christianity comes from a long line of religions before it and Judaism isn't even the oldest religion from which Christianity was born from. 

 

Atheism is a religion just as black is considered a color. In Communism, the government replaces the addiction of the magical sky fairy with the magical fairies who think they have the right to rule/Lord over you. Just like AA, Communism seeks to replace one thing for another. And the ousting of religion in the Soviet Union was the least of the issues Stalin and Lennin had to deal with. It's hard to change and ideology but it's good to be the King (Ruler/President etc.)!    

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, DoD said:

Un-puff myself…LMAO, really. Is that what you got from my post? 
Now a little advice from us old timers that have been around awhile and could give a rats azz about you newbies feelings. 
You folks need to take a breath and stay out of the rumor (BS) section and keep up with the news. In the the real world everything is not positive with flowers and rainbows. If you can’t take some occasional real world facts, YOU may think about stepping back for awhile.
I have been on this site for a long time and have a lot of money invested in it so you will excuse some of my negative comments occasionally. 
Yota, sorry about the rant and the high jacking of the thread but I thought it was time for one of us OLD timers to step and defend ourselves from some of the sensitive members who only want a feel good site that strokes their insecurities about the Dinar….I’m done 

LOL....Hey my friend...I've been here over 10 years and probably older than you. So refrain from your delusional BS remarks . Sorry Yota I'm done

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Theseus said:

If I were to ask you if Black were classified as a color. The answer would be yes. I didn't ask you to define the color black as we all know black is the absence of other colors. Yet it is classified as a color just like red, white (all of the colors) and blue. Atheism is the absence of God or the belief there is no magical sky fairy. It is a belief nonetheless. And it is always brought in religious discussions. Atheism is guilty of being a religion. 

 

Now any form of worship done by a group of people where their belief is the same can be considered an organized religion. Religion is just a group of people with the same beliefs. If I replace God with another entity like for say the Easter Bunny and people believed in the Easter Bunny as their creator and worshipped the Easter Bunny then that would be considered an organized religion. 

 

The Altar of Government is the proverbial pedestal a governmental leader stands upon. Some will call this a mandate. The leader can claim his mandate comes from a divinity  or the Easter Bunny or even himself. If the people agree and believe in him (or her) then they begin to worship the Government if they lose their faith in their own personal Creator, who ever it may be, Gaia, Zeus, Thor, the nose hair of a camel that has magical mucus healing powers, etc. It can even go so far as replacing addiction with the belief in something else - which is how Alcoholics Anonymous started. Hi Iam Theseus, and I am NOT an Alcoholic. This later transferred over to overcome drugs but not as successfully. 

 

Communism as written by Marx said Religion is the opiate of the people. At the time Marx lived there were opiod dens that were exported from the Far East to put the quote into context. So Marx proposed to replace religion with Government. Just like AA. Instead of worshipping the magical sky fairy, you were to worship the all masterful leader put on a proverbial pedestal and he was given the mandate not by the people but by whatever the leader claimed. Communism existed before Marx and will exist long after we all have turned to dust. Communism is just another religion whether you want to call t that or not. Most people nowadays put their faith and hope into that magical sky fairy. With Communism it is the Government even though individuals may still believe in the magical sky fairy.

 

Now I can hear your brain already clacking away and your llips pursing up as you read the words "magical sky fairy". I am using this to illustrate as the US Declaration of Independence states ".... your Creator...". In Atheism, there are people who believe that mommy and daddy are your creator and the Government  is their savior. Your Creator in the Declaration of Independence was purposefully chosen to include even the Atheist because even if you do not believe in the magical sky fairy you believe something or someones (plural) created you. (I know you said you were not an Atheist).

 

Communism devoid of the belief in God was not Communism's downfall and it never has been. The downfall comes from the replacement or substitution of one religion for another. Government, as bleak as it is, becomes the religion of the people. It oppresses people does not allow class movement upwards, except in rare cases, and turns neighbor against neighbor. Marx had it right, religion, even when that religion is the government, is the opiate of the people. There is no other God worshipping religion that has latched onto this concept better than Islam has done. Islam was around before the Father of Communism was born. And their so-called prophet didn't even invent it. Communism has always been in the heart of men (and women) since man walked upon this Earth. Just as religion in one form has also been in the hearts of men (and women) since man has walked upon this Earth. Christianity comes from a long line of religions before it and Judaism isn't even the oldest religion from which Christianity was born from. 

 

Atheism is a religion just as black is considered a color. In Communism, the government replaces the addiction of the magical sky fairy with the magical fairies who think they have the right to rule/Lord over you. Just like AA, Communism seeks to replace one thing for another. And the ousting of religion in the Soviet Union was the least of the issues Stalin and Lennin had to deal with. It's hard to change and ideology but it's good to be the King (Ruler/President etc.)!    

Great comment. My view on the root of religion is it is wired into human DNA. We only replace it, never get rid of it. We evolved for it. My problem isn't with religion, it's with crappy religions like Woke and communism and BLM.

 

Since the nature of humans is we are a finite creature, there is no getting around the fact for me that reality is not fully knowable. For me that makes atheism just another belief system, since final knowledge is not possible. So everything is a religion. But many atheists are a bit too much a believer in their faith, for my taste.

 

My view on this human unknowability limitation of knowledge is similar to Gödel's incompleteness theorems in mathematics....some things you just can't prove or disprove.

 

Communism always to me seems suspiciously like in a primitive tribe, we wanted to share everything, it was part of our survival mechanism. The problem I have with it is I don't believe in equality, I do believe Alpha Hunters should get more of the hunt, get more social respect...but should take care of people. I prefer capitalism because it rewards Alpha Hunters more, so is more evolutionarily true, since it is based on competition and reward. Communism leans far too much in theory, towards equality to be actually healthy or functionals, as it is always leaving out reward and competition. Communism, as you say, was dangerous more for replacing one God with a much crappier one in the form of human government. So true.

 

Having looked south and watched a few elite manipulate a largely senile puppet these past six months, I have less faith than ever, in government's rule over our lives. Government is a pretty lousy form of religion.

 

Yes I believe in magical sky fairies. This seems more grounded than believing a senile aging hair sniffer. Religion was likely formed with the aid of magic mushrooms as Graham Hancock and many others have talked about. I'd rather have mushrooms than the Politburo or Uncle Joe, any day.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Being negative is as easy as falling off a log . It takes more effort to be positive , but being positive is good for everybody ,including those around you . What's up with these anti-gurus ?

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, yota691 said:

The United States confirmed its readiness to help Iraq implement the white paper for economic reform

What if the US is expecting Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi to show up on the 26th with monetary reform done, and it is not ? Will they send him packing back to Iraq? 

"Go on... scoot scoot, come back when you are ready!" 

giphy.gif

  • Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DWS112 said:

What if the US is expecting Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi to show up on the 26th with monetary reform done, and it is not ? Will they send him packing back to Iraq? 

"Go on... scoot scoot, come back when you are ready!" 

giphy.gif

Don’t you think China is a driving force in what’s going on in Iraq?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




  • Similar Content

    • By yota691
      Al-Kazemi's meeting with the American delegation: Confirmation of the outcomes of the strategic dialogue between Baghdad and Washington
      2021.05.04 - 15:02
          
      Baghdad - People   
      Prime Minister Mustafa discussed, on Tuesday, the file of the withdrawal of US combat forces from Iraq, with the US government delegation headed by the White House Coordinator for Middle East and North Africa Affairs Brett McGurk.  
        
       
        
      A statement by Al-Kazemi's office, a copy of which was received by People (May 4, 2021), stated that “Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi received today, Tuesday, the US government delegation headed by the White House Coordinator for the Middle East and North Africa, Brett McGurk, and included the advisor of the US State Department. Derek Chollett, Assistant Secretary of State for Near Eastern Affairs Joy Hed and Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Middle Eastern Affairs Dana Stroll.  
      The statement added, "During the meeting, coordination and joint cooperation in various fields were discussed, and an emphasis was placed on activating the outcomes of the strategic dialogue between Iraq and the United States of America, especially with regard to the withdrawal of combat forces from Iraq and the development and expansion of cooperation in the economic, cultural and commercial fields."  
      He continued, "During the meeting, the issue of cooperation in the health field and combating the Corona pandemic was also discussed, as well as assistance in providing support for the rehabilitation of some health institutions in Iraq."  

  • Testing the Rocker Badge!

  • Live Exchange Rate

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.